Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,639 members, 7,889,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:24 PM

Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? (973 Views)

UAE Blocks Attempt By An Ex-gov To Transfer Half A Billion Dollars / The Outfit An Ex-Soldier Wore In Imo State(photo) / Reactions Over Oshiomhole's Allegations That An Ex Minister Stole $6billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by JiggaMouse(m): 4:00pm On Jul 16, 2007
I read this story about a woman who was a prostitute and is now one of the contestants running for the elections in Turkey and I wondered how circumstances can change at different times. If this happened in Nigeria, would you vote for her

"It's been more than a decade since she paid off the $12,000 price she was sold for. Now, in an effort to draw attention to the plight of Turkey's 3,000 state-registered prostitutes, she's running as an independent candidate in parliamentary elections on July 22"
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by oberon(m): 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2007
I surely would God knows that alot of the people ruling us right now are worse than her and what is worse they assult our sensibilities each day with exultations for us to pray to God for a turn around in the fortunes of the country
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by 9ja4eva: 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2007
I wld
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by tollu: 9:16pm On Jul 16, 2007
That's a plus cos her formerly being a prostitute means she would have been exposed, first hand, to the plight of the masses but in a place like Turkey, does she really stand a chance?

JiggaMouse:

"It's been more than a decade since she paid off the $12,000 price she was sold for. Now, in an effort to draw attention to the plight of Turkey's 3,000 state-registered prostitutes, she's running as an independent candidate in parliamentary elections on July 22"

There are state registered postitutes? shocked
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by angel101(f): 9:20pm On Jul 16, 2007
I dont think that hinders her ability to perform. So yes I could vote for her.
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by ToToChoper: 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2007
While i'm in support of leadership based on gender equity, I wouldn't vote for someone who could easily be bought or sold for a cheap price amongst other things- receive ass slaps due to this from various men.  

Certainly not my type of leader!!!
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by MILITIA(f): 5:17am On Jul 17, 2007
9ja4eva:

I would

That is why I love you so, so much! grin

ToToChoper:

While i'm in support of leadership based on gender equity, I wouldn't vote for someone who could easily be bought or sold for a cheap price amongst other things- receive ass slaps due to this from various men.

Certainly not my type of leader!!!

And you say your screen name is --------------------------- grin ToToChoper? Na wah oh! lipsrsealed

oberon:

I surely would God knows that alot of the people ruling us right now are worse than her and what is worse they assult our sensibilities each day with exultations for us to pray to God for a turn around in the fortunes of the country

GBAM! grin

I beg wey Mohadana---the expert in "ashewo ladies"? he he he he he he! Nairaland go kill person with laff! I love this website! grin Moha? where you dey oh! tongue
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by Seun(m): 8:29am On Jul 17, 2007
yes, I would vote for an ex-prostitute.
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by olamipo200(f): 9:02am On Jul 17, 2007
Why not? It's just proof that she's exposed and has an experience in both worlds. And i'll re-emphasize the 'EX'. The fact that she was doesn't mean she still is. it just simply means she knows when she's done something wrong and can make a correction or change!
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by Bolarge(m): 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2007
And what has her past sexual history got to do with her leadership potentials and qualities?
Moreover isn't politics itself prostitution per excellence? angry
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by Seun(m): 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2007
Besides, the lady in this story was forced into prostitution. Only a dog would use that against her.
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by ToToChoper: 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2007
Una see me see trouble oh, Militia, militia, girl I know say body no be firewood but this my username wey dey make u follow me up and down nairaland like this.,,,,
Wey dey do u totoritor for body, i weak oh. Abi make I change the name so I go siddon small rest before u go leave me? grin grin
No worry i go soon change am (to decend on Militia) very soon. Appreciate the love.

Back @ topic.
On a serious note, frankly I wouldn’t say I am a bit shocked at some of the replies here. Why so?  Because this is even traceable to our own political thought process in Nigeria-- the politics of tolerance and adulation of those without a modicum of personal and public morality.
Where it not for this we would not elect and relect known phoney repentant thieves as leaders short of being decieved with false allurement over and over again. Need i remind you we are discussing ASHEWO AS PUBLIC OFFICER HERE.  
Na wa, our problem really big i see.

Nah my 2kobo be that.
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by tollu: 6:49pm On Jul 17, 2007
Ashewo dey different from "phoney repentant thieves" now. As long as her whoring days are over, i don't think her personal or public "morality" (sexual that is) comes into play.
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by MILITIA(f): 7:07pm On Jul 17, 2007
ToToChoper:

Una see me see trouble oh, Militia, militia, girl I know say body no be firewood but this my username wey dey make u follow me up and down nairaland like this.,,,,
Wey dey do u totoritor for body, i weak oh. Abi make I change the name so I go siddon small rest before u go leave me? grin grin
No worry i go soon change am (to decend on Militia) very soon. Appreciate the love.

Back @ topic.
On a serious note, frankly I wouldn’t say I am a bit shocked at some of the replies here. Why so?  Because this is even traceable to our own political thought process in Nigeria-- the politics of tolerance and adulation of those without a modicum of personal and public morality. Where it not for this we would not elect and relect known phoney repentant thieves as leaders short of being decieved with false allurement over and over again. Need i remind you we are discussing ASHEWO AS PUBLIC OFFICER HERE
Na wa, our problem really big i see.

Nah my 2kobo be that.

And what do you think members of the Nigerian political horizon are all about? shocked  In fact it is full of active and bonafide "prostitutes" with numerous revolving credit account balances! grin
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by angel101(f): 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2007
@totochoper
what would u say of the 419 men in our national assembly then? never mind the ex armed robber
Re: Would You Vote For An Ex-prostitute? by ToToChoper: 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2007
Exactly my point enumerated above @ angel101.

But of course where do we draw that line and on what moral ground do we do that, when we are known to also embrace EX- ARMED ROBBERS, EX- 19men, EX- DICTATORS, and as we see here EX-PROSTITUTES.

Imagine this lady trying to assert governance over the price for ashewo in that country.

(1) (Reply)

12 Years Jail Sentence For Deprieye / Dusk To Dawn Curfew In Port Harcourt. / Obama And Cheney Are Related!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.