Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,288 members, 7,881,073 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:53 AM

Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff (3175 Views)

Nigerian Chief Of Staff Office Budget Skyrockets To N21.22bn In 2024 — StatiSens / Profile Of AVM Hassan Bala Abubakar, Chief Of Air Staff / Biography Of AVM Isiaka Amao (New Chief Of Air Staff) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2021
Most times I don't understand where the Ijaw envy hate for igbos comes from because it is us igbos that are supposed to be angry but we are not we have moved on from the past and this is why God have blessed us and ijaws always make mouth that they sold igbos to the white men and I ask who is supposed to be angry? But we have moved on and we are better today and a descendant of one of those igbos you sold is now the head of a usa navy ship.

We have moved on and we don't care about that anymore we just can't stay with the fulanis anymore we want freedom and it is just sad that you people still want to stay with fulanis after everything they have done to you, they killed Ken saro wiwa and they killed boro, do you think ironsi would not have killed boro in prison he could not becauase he saw him as a brother and that was why he sent a Ijaw man to capture him out of respect.

Do you know Ironsi made your son an Ijaw man the first Nigerian chief of Air staff his name was George kurubo, if we hated you so much why would an igbo man give an Ijaw man sure a high ranking position, chief of Air staff, that's real power

Boro won an election at UNN beating 2 igbo students, igbos don't hate you we actually want the best for you and remember we have oil and gas in igbo land so we don't need yours, I hope you people would one day do the right thing so you can stay on the good sides of history this time around

https://www.biafranboys.org/biafra-ironsi-made-ijaw-man-first

1 Like

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2021
Heartbender
tutudesz
adakaboro8
nsiba
Markbrowny
RobbStark
owobokiri
richmond500
duro4chang
Juliusmalema
captain8
Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by Paperwhite(m): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2021
That was Lt.Col.George Kurubo who later even capitulated to Gowon when the chips were down. Meanwhile, the North has outsmarted them again. Initially it was Adaka Boro they used but dumped & killed him mysteriously during same govt of Gowon. Then later comes Ken Saro-Wiwa in the hands of Abacha.

As it is now 3% revenue for the goose that is laying the golden egg down south and a whooping 50% to the terrorists-infested regions where oil is just being explored for and not even found yet in commercial quantity. The south must really be the most stupid set of Nigerians.Ndi Niger Delta una see una lives?

7 Likes

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2021
7lives
Mastakija
Ekpeitit
SocialJustice
SmellingAnus
Siwisheswereesh
2elliot
SocialJustice
Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by tutudesz: 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2021
fozapi:
Heartbender
tutudesz
adakaboro8
nsiba
Markbrowny
RobbStark
owobokiri
richmond500
duro4chang
Juliusmalema
captain8

https://www.nairaland.com/6635665/ijaw-leaders-meet-british-government

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by naptu2: 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2021
naptu2:
Commotion in London

I want to make one more post about the Mid-West invasion. It's a. "What happened to them" post. I mentioned a lot of people in my posts, so what happened to them in the end? But I'm not sure if I'll have the time to make it.

My mind is already wandering towards another series. It's the 25th anniversary of my argument with that professor, so I feel that I should reproduce the argument here. Who killed Ironsi?? There's a massive myth about the identity of the person that killed Ironsi, despite the fact that the truth is obvious. Many Nigerians love amazing stories and will always stick to these amazing stories even though they are not true. Someone that was right there when Ironsi was shot has told the true story of what happened to Ironsi, the person that is always falsely accused has told the true story, one of the kidnappers has confessed, but people chose to believe that tales of people that were not there when Ironsi was kidnapped.

Anyway, I was also searching for videos of the two press conferences in London (I've watched them before) when I remembered this. The chaos in London. There were two senior officers that played minor, yet interesting roles in the crisis. These officers were General Gowon's seniors. They both gave separate press conferences in London. This particular press conference was interrupted by a Biafran protester. The protester was eventually apprehended (after a lot of drama) and thrown out.

The two senior officers were Babafemi Ogundipe and George Kurubo. Ogundipe had been Ironsi's deputy. He was smuggled out of Nigeria and eventually became Nigerian high commissioner to the UK during the Gowon era. The other was George Kurubo. George Kurubo was the first Nigerian chief of the Air Staff. He was chief of the Air Staff during Ironsi's regime. He became the commander of the Biafran Air Force at the beginning of the war. However, he later defected to the Nigerian side. He said, during this press conference, that the Ijaws had always been fighting for a Rivers State and Gowon had given them what they wanted. Kurubo was eventually made the Nigerian ambassador to the Soviet Union.

However, before Kurubo could begin speaking, this protester held up a sign that read, "Ogundipe and Kurubo are traitors" and then this drama ensued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SvdFsJzC6k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2021
tutudesz:

https://www.nairaland.com/6635665/ijaw-leaders-meet-british-government

no body will take the ijaws serious,if they like they should meet the queen
Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2021
Paperwhite:
Meanwhile, the North has outsmarted them as it is now 3% revenue for the goose that is laying the golden egg down south and a whooping 50% to the terrorists-infested regions where oil is just being explored for and not even found yet in commercial quantity. The south must really be the most stupid set of Nigerians.Ndi Niger Delta una see una lives?

it is mind boggling
Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by naptu2: 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2021

naptu2:
Commotion in London

I want to make one more post about the Mid-West invasion. It's a. "What happened to them" post. I mentioned a lot of people in my posts, so what happened to them in the end? But I'm not sure if I'll have the time to make it.

My mind is already wandering towards another series. It's the 25th anniversary of my argument with that professor, so I feel that I should reproduce the argument here. Who killed Ironsi?? There's a massive myth about the identity of the person that killed Ironsi, despite the fact that the truth is obvious. Many Nigerians love amazing stories and will always stick to these amazing stories even though they are not true. Someone that was right there when Ironsi was shot has told the true story of what happened to Ironsi, the person that is always falsely accused has told the true story, one of the kidnappers has confessed, but people chose to believe that tales of people that were not there when Ironsi was kidnapped.

Anyway, I was also searching for videos of the two press conferences in London (I've watched them before) when I remembered this. The chaos in London. There were two senior officers that played minor, yet interesting roles in the crisis. These officers were General Gowon's seniors. They both gave separate press conferences in London. This particular press conference was interrupted by a Biafran protester. The protester was eventually apprehended (after a lot of drama) and thrown out.

The two senior officers were Babafemi Ogundipe and George Kurubo. Ogundipe had been Ironsi's deputy. He was smuggled out of Nigeria and eventually became Nigerian high commissioner to the UK during the Gowon era. The other was George Kurubo. George Kurubo was the first Nigerian chief of the Air Staff. He was chief of the Air Staff during Ironsi's regime. He became the commander of the Biafran Air Force at the beginning of the war. However, he later defected to the Nigerian side. He said, during this press conference, that the Ijaws had always been fighting for a Rivers State and Gowon had given them what they wanted. Kurubo was eventually made the Nigerian ambassador to the Soviet Union.

However, before Kurubo could begin speaking, this protester held up a sign that read, "Ogundipe and Kurubo are traitors" and then this drama ensued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SvdFsJzC6k

1 Like

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by tutudesz: 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2021
fozapi:

no body will take the ijaws serious,if they like they should meet the queen
Who na don meet before

1 Like

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2021
ijaws say ironsi captured boro but they always forget that ironsi sent an ijaw man to capture him which means not all ijaws supported boro,after fulanis killed boro y are they not asking for ijaw nation?
Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2021
tutudesz:

Who na don meet before

stop acting dumb this yeye boy
Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2021
naptu2:

wow see the height of ijaw betrayal...captain8 do you see why i write about ijaws?
Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2021
please read this part posted by naptu2 and dont come at me when i write about ijaws,infact i would release some articles i have already written,i am pissed..you know about the article i posted here https://www.biafranboys.org/biafra-ijaw-tribe-is-wicked-tribe yesterday saying the ijaw tribe is a wicked tribe,i felt bad alittle asking myself if i was too harsh on the ijaws but this new revelation proved me right,i have been vindicated

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by donbachi(m): 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2021
Op,Stop posting lies...leuitenant colonel George kurubo was appointed on merit as the Most senior ranking officer then..his appointment was not solely the making of ironsi...It was in line with the chain of command.
I'm of the same War canoe house with him.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2021
after an igbo man made an ijaw man the first ijaw high ranking man in the military the ijaw man still went back and betrayed him and remember this was the same ijaw man ironsi sent to capture boro...ijaws are something else,they have betrayal in their blood,we all saw what happened to spiff and where is saintbishop
Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2021
donbachi:
Op,Stop posting lies...leuitenant colonel George kurubo was appointed on merit as the Most senior ranking officer then..his appointment was not solely the making of ironsi...It was in line with the chain of command.
I'm of the same War canoe house with him.

mumu if ironsi was buhari do you think he would get there,merit or no merit ironsi could have removed him like buhari is doing today..look you cant twist history,why did he betray igbos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by donbachi(m): 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2021
fozapi:

mumu if ironsi was buhari do you think he would get there,merit or no merit ironsi could have removed him like buhari is doing today..look you cant twist history,why did he betray igbos?
Don't be fast at Insulting people on nairaland...ur father could be on nairaland.
I expected u to educate me more,than the "mumu" name calling.thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by duro4chang(m): 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2021
Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by tutudesz: 1:10pm On Jul 06, 2021
fozapi:

stop acting dumb this yeye boy
Guy u need a job

1 Like

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2021
donbachi:
Don't be fast at Insulting people on nairaland...ur father could be on nairaland.
I expected u to educate me more,than the "mumu" name calling.thanks.

i apologise for calling you mumu but you are still a mumu for insulting my father,i am really pissed right now i dont need any ijaw nonsense,all these while we never knew this betrayal was huge,i would spread it so that people can understand what ijaws did to us,

1 Like

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2021
tutudesz:

Guy u need a job

writing is my job
Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by tutudesz: 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2021
duro4chang:
And so what ? What is your problem ?
Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by tutudesz: 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2021
fozapi:

writing is my job
Writing rubbish isn't a job

1 Like

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2021
Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by naptu2: 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2021
Ogundipe.

naptu2:
2nd video:

Brigadier Babafemi Ogundipe was chief of staff of the Nigerian Armed Forces and this made him the second in command and deputy head of state in the Ironsi Regime. However, both he and Ironsi did not have enough followers, both in the military and among civilians and Ironsi was killed while Ogundipe was smuggled out of Nigeria by sea.

Ogundipe was later appointed as the Nigerian high commissioner to the UK.

This is a video of a press conference and interview that he granted in London in 1969.

The interviewer asked him about air raids in Biafra. He said that the allegations of bombing of civilians were exaggerated. He said that the Federal side was not deliberately bombing civilians as this would be counter productive since the aim of the government was reunification. The interviewer pressed him further on issues related to air raids in Biafra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TdqFfx8DuQ
Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by naptu2: 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2021
naptu2:
This is a video of people from Rivers State protesting in London against Biafra in 1968.

The protesters said that the Biafran authorities had set up concentration camps in which people of Rivers State origin were being tortured. They claimed that the Biafrans were oppressing minorities in the East. They marched to 10 Downing Street to present a letter to the British Prime Minister asking him to help crush "the tyranny of Biafra". They also marched to the residence of the Archbishop of Westminster, Cardinal Heenan, to deliver a protest letter. It was believed that the Vatican/Catholic Church supported Biafra and Cardinal Heenan (who was vocal in his support for Biafra) had preached a sermon at an interdenominational service that angered a lot of Nigerians. You can hear the protesters chanting, "Heenan out".

Many people of Rivers State origin supported the federal side in the war, especially after Rivers State was created. The minorities in the East had been campaigning for separate states since the late 1950s, because they felt that they were being dominated by the Igbos in Eastern Nigeria. Isaac Adaka Boro had launched a rebellion in order to free the Niger Delta people from what he believed was the oppression of the Igbos in Eastern Nigeria. The head of state, Major General Ironsi, sent in the army to crush the rebellion and Boro was arrested. When General Gowon took over and created Rivers State, he released Isaac Boro from detention and Boro became a major in the Nigerian Army and fought on the Federal side in the war.

The chief of air staff of Biafra, Colonel George Kurubo, also defected to the Federal side. He said that his people had always wanted a Rivers State and that there was no reason to keep fighting since their demand had been granted. He later became the Nigerian ambassador to the Soviet Union.

The people of the old Ogoja and Calabar provinces had also campaigned for a separate COR state. They were therefore pleased when Gowon created the South-Eastern State (the predecessor of the present Cross River and Akwa Ibom states). Therefore, the Biafran authorities placed many people from these areas under special watch. Many people from these areas were relocated from their homeland because the Biafrans suspected that they supported and were assisting the Federal side. One of the most publicised war crimes committed by the Biafrans occurred when federal troops landed in Calabar in October 1967. About 167 civilians in detention were lined up and executed by Biafran soldiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuG2KZfpYPg

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by TarOrfeeek: 1:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
Aguiyi Ironsi was such a gentle man officer

For him to consider the Ijaw man instead of a fellow SE officer shows he remains miles ahead of any Funali despot in conduct and policy.

The best officer Nigeria ever produced.

1 Like

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 1:26pm On Jul 06, 2021
[quote author=naptu2 post=103425857][/quote]

i watched this one already and it was heart breaking and look at them today
Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by fozapi(m): 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Aguiyi Ironsi was such a gentle man officer

For him to consider the Ijaw man instead of a fellow SE officer shows he remains miles ahead of any Funali despot in conduct and policy.

The best officer Nigeria ever produced.

finest general trained by the british,first nigerian indigenous general

1 Like

Re: Biafra :Ironsi Made An Ijaw Man First Nigerian Chief Of Air Staff by TarOrfeeek: 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2021
fozapi:

finest general trained by the british,first nigerian indigenous general

Shining example of the Military legacy the Southern youths have been denied by this murderous gang of Funali barbarians.

If you consider the deliberate attempt to reduce the population of Southerners in the Army, you might think we were averse to the profession of our fathers.

We the Army was Southern populated, insurgency would have been a thing of the past.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Southern Kaduna, My Tears Are Dry: The NORTH Is Lost A Lesson For Igbos / Enugu Commences Training Of 6,000 Women, Youths In ICT, Tech Courses / Peter Obi Branded Goat Spotted On The Street - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.