Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,821 members, 7,945,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:36 PM

How Did You Score High In Your GRE? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Score High In Your GRE? (237 Views)

How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK? / How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Score High In Your GRE? by Lannister360: 6:01pm On Jul 06, 2021
Hello my fellow nairalanders, I've been preparing for this GRE exam and it just seem so overwhelming.

Most times I pause and ask myself how do people actually get a score of 320 in their GRE.

The most challenging part for me is the verbal section, it is filled with tons of vocabularies, many complex words that makes it difficult to understand a simple sentence after that they flood the answer options with another set of uncommon and complex vocabularies.

It's very frustrating.

I tried something some time ago, I kept a dictionary close by and took a GRE test simulation on the verbal section and checked every unfamiliar word I saw during the test, the result I got was outstanding, I got 18 questions correct out of 20.
This show that the major problem with the GRE verbal section is that it is flooded with complex and unfamiliar vocabularies.

I got advice from some people that in other to do well in the GRE verbal section, I have to learn at least 1000, new words.

Where do I start from?
So far I've struggled to learn just 30 words and I don't know how to get to 1000.

Is this the only way?

So I ask this question to those that has aced the GRE general test in the past
HOW DID YOU DO IT?
DID YOU LEARN UP TO 1000 JUST TO PASS TYE VERBAL SECTION? IF NOT THEN HOW DID YOU DO IT.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Class For Foreigners And Diasporans / Time Travel To 2007, What Is Your Best Song ? / Back On Road // Road Trip Vlog // (showing You Around Oke Oyi Ilorin Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.