Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,629 members, 7,889,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:33 PM

Microsoft Buys Skype For 8 Billion Dollars - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft Buys Skype For 8 Billion Dollars (488 Views)

? / Drop Your Skype Username Lets Talk Jare: / ~~~> Skype <~~~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Buys Skype For 8 Billion Dollars by lekside44(m): 4:56pm On May 10, 2011
the software giants are now the owners of the world number one internet telephone skype which has over 180 million active users
Re: Microsoft Buys Skype For 8 Billion Dollars by denzel2009: 5:13pm On May 10, 2011
Very good business deal in my opinion.
Re: Microsoft Buys Skype For 8 Billion Dollars by wandyvirus(m): 12:32am On May 11, 2011
Big deal really! i have been praying that Skype gets more main stream than the eBay prison it was held for almost four years.I am interested in seeing how the VoIP markets will play out.One thing however is that Skype is proprietary and how Microsoft intends to integrate this will be a must watch.
I also see another angle to all of this.With this acquisition,the desktop VoIP battle will be won by MS.Why? Skype's users are not ready to hang up yet and with over 90bn minutes of video and voice calls,thsi might just be MS answer to Google's Gtalk.How it will play out with Mobile is another kettle of fish where fring and Gtalk are holding sway.It's going to be interesting going from here.What i see is the next couple of PCs and notebooks,Tablets and the likes with the windows OS running a free Voice,video and chat-unified messaging at it's best!
Google and yahoo, over to you(they both offered $2bn and $4bn respectively for Skype.Facebook did too,i have no idea what Facebook offered)

(1) (Reply)

Software`s Modular Configuration Considerably Improves Reliability Because All U / The Truth About Success In Life / Mtn Modenm For Sale Call 080827108320

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.