Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,842 members, 7,938,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 06:51 AM

How A Great Work Relationship Turned Sour - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How A Great Work Relationship Turned Sour (739 Views)

How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial / My Wife Has Turned My Children Against Me / Korean Lady Known As Mama Adaobi Having A Great Time In Her Husband’s Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Great Work Relationship Turned Sour by KazikageSama: 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2021
I saw this story online and thought to share with the Nairaland family. Please read and share our thoughts.

I (f26) recently moved to a new city after getting a job. I’ve been having a hard time making friends. Most of the people I know so far are from work. We all get along but we aren’t close, more like acquaintances.

My boss “Sue” has been very welcoming since I moved. She often has us all over for dinner and loves to celebrate whenever there’s a birthday/baby/big milestone in the team. Last week, I was out to lunch with Sue and a few other coworkers when Sue told me about a hiking group her husband runs and how it’s a great way to meet people. She said he’d be leading a hike on Monday (this past Monday) and the whole team should go since it's a holiday. Monday was my bday but I hadn’t told anyone and I didn’t have any other plans so I said yes to the hike.

I drove to the meeting spot on Monday, which is kind of remote and up in the hills. Nobody was there when I arrived besides Sue’s husband “Greg”. I asked him where everyone was. He said no one else could make it and it would just be us on the hike. It was early morning and still dark and I didn’t know Greg other than seeing him in passing at Sue’s house. I knew he was probably a nice guy but I felt nervous going hiking in a dark, remote area with a man who was practically a stranger.

I called Sue and she told me that something came up with her kid but I should go, it’ll be worth it for the view, etc. I still felt unsettled and asked Greg if we could postpone for a day when others can come. He got frustrated, saying it’s no big deal and we should hurry up and start. I was more nervous at that point and thanked him before saying I was going to head home. That upset him even more and he came toward me and asked me if I thought he was a serial killer. He seemed angry so I panicked and jumped in the car saying I had to go. He kept yelling at me to stop as I drove away.

I was on the way home terrified when Sue called me. Apparently the “hiking trip” was a cover for a surprise bday party the team was throwing me at the lookout point. She found out my bday through facebook and Greg was just supposed to lead me there. I felt terrible and offered to drive back but Sue was pissed and said I ruined it for everyone and made Greg feel like a creeper. Now the environment at work is tense. Sue and my coworkers only talk to me when they need something and they didn’t invite me to team lunch. I feel like I really messed up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/ogfwyn/aita_for_driving_away_from_a_hiking_trip_with_my/

2 Likes

Re: How A Great Work Relationship Turned Sour by SportsHD: 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2021
Greg could've sounded less like a serial killer.
They're all mad. Greg, his wife and their co-workers.

3 Likes

Re: How A Great Work Relationship Turned Sour by sisisioge: 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin

Nothing do you o my sister....sometimes, the surpriser becomes the surprised fa. They should have sent a known person not the creepy sounding husband. It is better to apologise than be sorry grin.

3 Likes

Re: How A Great Work Relationship Turned Sour by Biglittlelois(f): 10:52pm On Jul 09, 2021
Tor.

2 Likes

Re: How A Great Work Relationship Turned Sour by bukatyne(f): 11:10pm On Jul 09, 2021
Better safe than sorry.

For surprises, you use the most familiar person so it is natural.

How can they pick a random person?

Who knows, the hubby MIGHT actually be a serial killer. undecided

On the flip side, the employee might have filled her mind with fear from the constant male smearing around so she sees danger everywhere.

If the second, she should renew her mind.

1 Like

Re: How A Great Work Relationship Turned Sour by 1F30M4(f): 11:24pm On Jul 09, 2021
Nah, Greg will definitely creep me out.. It should've been someone she knew; an acquaintance or something, a coworker.
Re: How A Great Work Relationship Turned Sour by Richy4(m): 5:01am On Jul 10, 2021
The co workers were unreasonable..... considering numbers of gender based violence/ rape nowadays.... she did the right thing

1 Like

Re: How A Great Work Relationship Turned Sour by FatherChrismas: 8:09am On Jul 10, 2021
World full of surprises.

(1) (Reply)

How Lcaught My Cheating Husband / My Love Life / I Have Never Seen A Slay Queen Got Married Before, But Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.