Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,443 members, 7,884,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

What Is The Kingdom Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Kingdom Of God? (648 Views)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is The Lord Of All! / The Power Of God’s Word – W.F. Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Kingdom Of God? by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:05am On Jul 11, 2021
Good morning Nairalanders, as little children in primary schools we said 'The Lord's prayer' part of which says "thy kingdom come.' hence the topic for discussion this Morning-what is God's Kingdom?

The Bible’s answer

God’s Kingdom is a real government established by Jehovah God. “The kingdom of God” is also called “the kingdom of heaven” in the Bible, since it rules from heaven. (Mark 1:14, 15; Matthew 4:17, King James Version) It shares many attributes of human governments, yet it is superior to them in every way.

Rulers. God has appointed Jesus Christ as King of the Kingdom and has given him more authority than any human ruler could ever have. (Matthew 28:18) Jesus uses this power only for good, since he has already proved to be a reliable and compassionate Leader. (Matthew 4:23; Mark 1:40, 41; 6:31-34; Luke 7:11-17) Under God’s direction, Jesus has selected persons from all nations who will “rule as kings over the earth” with him in heaven.—Revelation 5:9, 10.

Duration. Unlike human governments, which come and go, God’s Kingdom “will never be brought to ruin.”—Daniel 2:44.

Subjects. Anyone who does what God requires can be a subject of God’s Kingdom, without regard for ancestry or birthplace.—Acts 10:34, 35.

Laws. The laws (or commandments) of God’s Kingdom do more than just prohibit wrong behavior. They raise the moral character of its subjects. For example, the Bible says: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. The second, like it, is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’” (Matthew 22:37-39) Love of God and neighbor moves subjects of the Kingdom to act in the best interests of others.

Education. While God’s Kingdom sets high standards for its subjects, it also teaches people how to meet those standards.—Isaiah 48:17, 18.

Mission. The Kingdom of God doesn’t enrich its rulers at the expense of its subjects. Instead, it will accomplish God’s will, including the promise that those who love him will live forever on a paradise earth.—Isaiah 35:1, 5, 6; Matthew 6:10; Revelation 21:1-4.

Questions are entertained...

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:36am On Jul 11, 2021
The Kingdom of God is where the Word of God's Kingdom is being kept.

God gave Jesus those Words which were being kept in heaven to give to men to observe on Earth, that by so doing, the Kingdom of God in heaven would also be established on Earth as it is in heaven.

So anyone who keeps the Word of God's kingdom on Earth, automatically becomes an instance of the Kingdom of God on Earth.

When 2 or more of such persons gather, it is a meeting of the highest order on Earth, as God is there present in their midst because it's His kingdom gathering on Earth.

Let me pause here for now.

God bless.

AntiChristian:
Different strokes for different folks!
You mean like the 73 different sects that came from your one Mohammed?
Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by AntiChristian: 8:53am On Jul 11, 2021

How can the Same holy spirit guide people to entirely different things?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by Hier(m): 11:26am On Jul 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

The police, customs, navy, civil defense, etc you get, are all security apparatus, but they operate differently

1 Corinthians 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by AntiChristian: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2021
Hier:

The police, customs, navy, civil defense, etc you get, are all security apparatus, but they operate differently

So you mean the holy spirit self dey divided like Nigerian security?

Foreign securities are more united, maybe their own Holy spirit will be more united too.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by Hier(m): 11:43am On Jul 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

So you mean the holy spirit self dey divided like Nigerian security?

Foreign securities are more united, maybe their own Holy spirit will be more united too.

If you don't understand my post, well, it's your opinion, not really in the light of this post, cause I didn't see the relationship between your comment and the post

I answered your question in the general sense of it
Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by Kobojunkie: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

He doesn't. undecided
Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by 1Sharon(f): 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2021
Hier:

Are you comparing the holy spirit which is supposed to be God to mere human organizations??
Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by Hier(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2021
1Sharon:

Are you comparing the holy spirit which is supposed to be God to mere human organizations??

I am relating how the Holy Spirit operates in different churches in the light of different approach or perspective different churches have in their ministry

Christainity is more like a community of different personalities and the different personalities is working towards the growth of the community. That was what I was trying to address, hence their view or perspectives to things might tend to differ based on their approach

Been a while lepasharon, shout out from this side, how's the UK na
Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Jul 11, 2021
Hier:

I am relating how the Holy Spirit operates in different churches in the light of different approach or perspective different churches have in their ministry

Christainity is more like a community of different personalities and the different personalities is working towards the growth of the community. That was what I was trying to address, hence their view or perspectives to things might tend to differ based on their approach

Been a while lepasharon, shout out from this side, how's the UK na
The Holy Spirit does this that you claim? undecided
Where did Jesus Christ tell you this? undecided
Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by AntiChristian: 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
He doesn't. undecided

So what's happening?
Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2021
AntiChristian:
So what's happening?
Why do you care? undecided
Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by AntiChristian: 9:29pm On Jul 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why do you care? undecided

See the reason below:

All Christians are united in what they believe about Jesus (right?) this is clear from the thread!

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)

Paul said:
I appeal to you . . . that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.(1 Corinthians 1:10)

That’s a nice thought, but has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Christianity is more than just Roman Catholics and Baptists and Methodists, Presbyterian, 7days Adventists, Anglican, Redeem and maybe a few more—there are now 45,000 denominations, and Christianity is fragmenting at a rate of two new denominations per day.

Has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Jesus said ask and you shall be given Mathew 7:7.

But here Jesus asked but was not given!
Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

See the reason below:

All Christians are united in what they believe about Jesus (right?) this is clear from the thread!

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)

Paul said:
I appeal to you . . . that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.(1 Corinthians 1:10)

That’s a nice thought, but has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Christianity is more than just Roman Catholics and Baptists and Methodists, Presbyterian, 7days Adventists, Anglican, Redeem and maybe a few more—there are now 45,000 denominations, and Christianity is fragmenting at a rate of two new denominations per day.

Has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Jesus said ask and you shall be given Mathew 7:7.

But here Jesus asked but was not given!
All Christians are united in what they believe about Jesus Christ? Where did Jesus Christ tell you this? undecided
Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by AntiChristian: 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
All Christians are united in what they believe about Jesus Christ? Where did Jesus Christ tell you this? undecided

Did Jesus write anything in the Bible? Check the verses above na?; Paul and Jesus talk am there!
Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

Na only Jesus write Bible? Check the verses above na?; Paul and Jesus talk am there!
The word "Christian" implies followers of Jesus Christ, hence the reason why I again ask you where Jesus Christ told you of what you claim. undecided
Re: What Is The Kingdom Of God? by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2021
TheGiftedOne:

The Bible’s answer

God’s Kingdom is a real government established by Jehovah God. “The kingdom of God” is also called “the kingdom of heaven” in the Bible, since it rules from heaven. (Mark 1:14, 15; Matthew 4:17, King James Version) It shares many attributes of human governments, yet it is superior to them in every way.

Rulers. God has appointed Jesus Christ as King of the Kingdom and has given him more authority than any human ruler could ever have. (Matthew 28:18) Jesus uses this power only for good, since he has already proved to be a reliable and compassionate Leader. (Matthew 4:23; Mark 1:40, 41; 6:31-34; Luke 7:11-17) Under God’s direction, Jesus has selected persons from all nations who will “rule as kings over the earth” with him in heaven.—Revelation 5:9, 10.

Duration. Unlike human governments, which come and go, God’s Kingdom “will never be brought to ruin.”—Daniel 2:44.

Subjects. Anyone who does what God requires can be a subject of God’s Kingdom, without regard for ancestry or birthplace.—Acts 10:34, 35.
1. The Kingdom of God is not also called the Kingdom of Heaven. Instead, in the Kingdom of God are found two Kingdom

A. The Kingdom of Heaven - the domain of the righteous

B. The Kingdom of Hell - the domain of the unrighteous

2. Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ alone is ruler over the Kingdom of God.

(1) (Reply)

I Regain My Sanity When I Stopped Going To Church / Hilarious Video Of Church Members Whipping Satan With Canes Goes Viral / Independence Day Prayer For Nigeria Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.