Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,658 members, 7,979,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:49 AM

What Is The Importance Of Having Children? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Importance Of Having Children? (3291 Views)

Will I Regret Not Having Children / What Is Your Preferred Gender When It Comes To Having Children / Single And Be Having Children Outside Wedlock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Importance Of Having Children? by Pinkzebra: 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
missidy:
You are right but it goes beyond just money. You need someone to care for you in old age. My grandma is with us, she has her own money (pension) so she doesn't depend on anyone. But she can't care for herself so much like before. She's old, weak and walks very slow. I also cared for my grandpa before he died. He had his own pension too but couldn't do most things again due to old age. You will need at least one child to care for you in old age, no housemaid will even be able to keep you company like you own child. When you are old, you become like a baby again that can't do most things by himself.

If you have your money and need to stay with your child when old, you won't be much of a burden. My step- grandfather is staying with my step - uncle, my step grandfather collects pension over 50k every month , in fact , papa helps with settling their own bills even school fees for step - nephews . They enjoy having papa around, even the wife wants papa. It won't be this lovely if all papa did was fold hands in his hay days without having his pension figured .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Importance Of Having Children? by missidy: 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
You are right about exercise and healthy lifestyle making you strong in old age, that has tackled the point of needing physical help. But you forgot others. What about the unconditional love, care and loneliness issue I mentioned? You skipped all that. Finally, you have said that you might eventually have one child and that one child is enough for you. Which is the same thing I am saying, at least one child is enough to give a person the love, care and help that he/ she needs in their later years. Having just one child that you love and care for is enough to give you purpose, fulfilment, direction and meaning in life.

NewSoul:

Ok ma I have heard you. what is wrong with living to age 70 years? It is not the length of years that matters, it's the impact and lives you've touched that counts. Some people live to be an hundred years without having discovered themselves or touch anyone's live in a positive way. In a country where live expectancy is below 45 years.

I put it to you that a healthy lifestyle will make you fit and able to do so many things yourself when you get to a very old age. Exercise is very key including diet trust me. Eating junk and fatty foods is detrimental to health. These foods usually high in cholesterol makes the artery narrower and therefore the heart has to work harder to pump blood through out the body that's when High Blood pressure, Heart failure, stroke and all those related "old people's" illness sets in. The importance of a healthy lifestyle can't be overemphasized. What we sow in our youthful years we'll reap in old age. You see many old people and many fat people but you hardly see an old fat person above 80. Have you tried to find out why?

Finally on your Google search engine, type Ernestine shepherd. She's 85 years old and she a body builder very fit. Fitter than many 25 year old ladies I see today with their flabby stomach even with waist trainers smh. This kind of person can never be waiting for any kids to take care of her or be kept in a nursing home. She runs 16Km daily. Some 30 year old men can't even run 1km without passing out and breathing like an exhausted camel.

Finally if I ever decide to later consider marriage.Only one child (boy or girl) is enough. my wife must be a sporty person that is she must be interested in at least a sport that she can wake up very early with me to engage in maybe tennis, running, or skipping. Seeing a lady in her training gears sweating it out is so attracting. Eat like a normal person, love fruits and vegetables not eating and getting fat out of proportion then they will now use child birth as excuse as if they are the only one to birth a child. Celebrities that give birth to kids and return back to shape in less than 2 months nko? There's no how you'll live a healthy lifestyle and not be fit at old age. When you see some of your agemates or even your younger ones that are the same age as you and didn't embrace healthy living but instead engage in "destructive habits" the difference will be clear some may look like 20 years older than you are. Its discipline though not every one can persistently engage in such strict lifestyle. NO PAIN NO GAIN

Re: What Is The Importance Of Having Children? by ImaIma1(f): 7:53am On Jul 31, 2021
Lostchild:

I never grew up with my mother, I don't know motherly care. I grow in living with one self self centered step mother to another because my earthly father loves women and my childhood is very horrible. Just imagine I started sponsoring my education at age 13 by washing plate in a carteen while my brother fetch water for people who cook rice just to obtain a plate of food from them even though our earthly parents has the provision

My mother abandoned us and focused her attention on my sisters why they keep giving birth to multiple children. It was in her old age, that she realize her mistake.

I had many terrible experience of life and 95% of my tears was rooted by the devils in women. I almost shed tears when writing you because your question brought memory's of the evil deeds of my earthly father.

My past still hunt me because my wounds has not been healed. When your wounds is still fresh, you will always feel the pain

Don't be like my eathly mother; love yourself, protect your children and give them equal love

You need to allow yourself heal, at least so thst you can save us from your women-attacking threads. The past is gone. If you can't move on, it will affect every close person around you.

Your mother was just one in many women. A lot of women take care of their children and families and are not like your mum. Understand that.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Having Children? by Lostchild(m): 11:46am On Jul 31, 2021
ImaIma1:

You need to allow yourself heal, at least so thst you can save us from your women-attacking threads. The past is gone. If you can't move on, it will affect every close person around you.

Your mother was just one in many women. A lot of women take care of their children and families and are not like your mum. Understand that.

Many women are toxic, the nature of a woman is naturally toxic. They are full of jealousy, envy, gossip and have shallow mentality.

I do not hate women, I just hate their re-occurent evil characters. If I share what one of my sister, what she did, you will see more reason why I despise women.

NOTE; I recently met one of my former neighbour who was my enemy. This woman brought tears to my eyes, although her evil did towards me thought me the bitter lesson that made me to know how important for a man to save money.

I met her recently, we greeted and laugh together as if the past didnt exist. She was happy to see me for I know she misses me because I used to be a close buddu to his little son back then. I know how to forgive and have learn and no longer allows foolish men/women into my circle anymore.

I do not hate women because I don't have hatred in me. I just need to be around good women to heal my wounded soul

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Why Do Some Ladies Pretend Just To Get Men / Her Sister Inlaw Caused Problem In Her Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.