Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,553 members, 7,972,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 11:18 PM

Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded (16642 Views)

Governor El-Rufai Climbs Truck As He Enforces Ban On Inter-State Movement (Pics) / Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction / Okada Restriction In Lagos: Sanwoolu Is On The Side Of The Law And Has Done Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by Sirpaul(m): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2021
but will still sell it to Abokis later at night... tueh
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2021
uuzba:

Are they the ones that ply highways by themselves?
Is it not you and other commuters that resort to using Okadas to ply highways because the traffic jam on the roads is too much?
The way some of Una dey always talk sometimes sef undecided

See the way you dey reason with me like say you Sabi me
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by Akharmony: 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2021
ivolt:
Ibadan should brace itself.
It is about to be invaded with Okada.
That makinde nah mumu man now ..
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by Witnesstony28: 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2021
Who get bike � for sale? Contact me 08027745640
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by shopnimini: 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2021
Candidlady:
Lagos the paradise of agbero...

Overated state

It's just overpopulated. Good for business though
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2021
mabelly:
Lagos road will be better off without bikes honestly. .. the menace.urgh

After impounding, they should go upgrade it (pim.p my ride cheesy) and turn it to security personnel bike to patrol the interiors for better security.

Our security personnel need mobility. These can come in as first responder to light crimes.

Pimped like the picture below, nothing too fancy

I am not sure you live in Lagos.

You can't get anywhere on time without these bikes.

They should first focus on infrastructure and an effective transport system and these bike business will naturally die out on it's own.

You can stay in an Traffic holdup for 8hours and someone will travel from Lagos to Kano and be back while you are still trying to get to Ajah from Egbeda.

The soul of many sole proprietors business meeting up several appointments in a day depends on these bikes.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by Teejay13(m): 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
Provide job for the people and the use of Okada will reduced
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2021
OhiOfIhima:

Bcoz You guys comments on any Islamic relative thread always sound nasty, rude, derogatory n disrespectful.
No iota of respect to someone believe and faith, which vr absurd.

Any honest student of Islam knows MuhamMad is really nasty, rude, derogatory and disrespectful.

You have to have a dead conscience or be totally ignorant to read the kind of things Muhammad did and still be a Muslim or believe that the Pedophile was even a "prophet" of God.

Just a Snippet from authentic Islamic records:

Muslims, you call MuhamMad, who was 54years old as at the time of marrying Aisha, who was 6years old and still played with doll and not yet reached puberty a "prophet". MuhamMad slept with her at 9years when she was first taken to his house and coupled with the fact that she was so sick that her hairs were falling which meant that MuhamMad would have slept with her at 6 or 7 or 8years if not for Aisha's sickness.

1.2 billion Muslims call this sick depraved MuhamMad a "prophet" and will even have you killied for blasphemy if you call MuhamMad a Pedophile as recorded by authentic Sahih Islamic Hadith records by the first set of muslims.

Hadith
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدٌ، أَخْبَرَنَا أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا هِشَامٌ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ ـ رضى الله عنها ـ قَالَتْ كُنْتُ أَلْعَبُ بِالْبَنَاتِ عِنْدَ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَكَانَ لِي صَوَاحِبُ يَلْعَبْنَ مَعِي، فَكَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم إِذَا دَخَلَ يَتَقَمَّعْنَ مِنْهُ، فَيُسَرِّبُهُنَّ إِلَىَّ فَيَلْعَبْنَ مَعِي‏.‏
Narrated `Aisha:

I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for `Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fath-ul-Bari page 143, Vol.13)

Sahih al-Bukhari 6130
In-book : Book 78, Hadith 157
USC-MSA web (English) : Vol. 8, Book 73, Hadith 151  

Hadith
أَخْبَرَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ آدَمَ، عَنْ عَبْدَةَ، عَنْ هِشَامٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، قَالَتْ تَزَوَّجَنِي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَأَنَا بِنْتُ سِتٍّ وَدَخَلَ عَلَىَّ وَأَنَا بِنْتُ تِسْعِ سِنِينَ وَكُنْتُ أَلْعَبُ بِالْبَنَاتِ ‏.‏
It was narrated that 'Aishah said:

"The Messenger of Allah married me when I was six, and consummated the marriage with me when I was nine, and I used to play with dolls."

Sahih (Darussalam)

Sunan an-Nasa'i 3378
In-book : Book 26, Hadith 183
English translation : Vol. 4, Book 26, Hadith 3380
Sunan an-Nasai

Hadith
أَخْبَرَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، قَالَ أَنْبَأَنَا جَرِيرٌ، عَنْ مَنْصُورٍ، عَنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، عَنِ الأَسْوَدِ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، قَالَتْ كَانَتْ إِحْدَانَا إِذَا حَاضَتْ أَمَرَهَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم أَنْ تَتَّزِرَ ثُمَّ يُبَاشِرُهَا ‏.‏
It was narrated that 'Aishah said:

"If one of us was menstruating, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) would tell her to put on an Izar (waist wrap) then he would fon.dle her."

Sahih (Darussalam)

Sunan an-Nasa'i
English : Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 287
Arabic : Book 1, Hadith 288
Sunan an-Nasai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by COMPAQ(m): 4:47pm On Jul 12, 2021
adeomos:
Another surge of criminality loading, as they will need to buy another bike and the cycle continue

So for criminality sake, we should not try to resolve any issue we have? Since surge in criminality is always the excuse for allowing anarchy everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by NGArmyTerrorist: 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
The Lagos State taskforce strike squad today carried out massive raid on okada riders at second rainbow / Toyota busstop along apapa oshodi express way. 105 bikes were impounded in the process. A total 201 bikes were also impounded last week.

#SecureLagos
Hausa Fulani terrorist night raiders, how market today? Make una invade LA' with cutlass and daggers..

Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by arsenal33: 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2021
Tremple8v:
If you know this thing is not allowed in your states, why letting it in . Why cant you banned the sales.
You will deny couriers from buying them
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by arsenal33: 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2021
Qudsi:

I am not sure you live in Lagos.

You can't get anywhere on time without these bikes.

They should first focus on infrastructure and an effective transport system and these bike business will naturally die out on it's own.

You can stay in an Traffic holdup for 8hours and someone will travel from Lagos to Kano and be back while you are still trying to get to Ajah from Egbeda.

The soul of many sole proprietors business meeting up several appointments in a day depends on these bikes.
Story. The govt must stop encouraging these people to come and be okadas in lagos.
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by teepain: 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2021
tamdun:

U love to blame Lagos but ignore what chased them down to Lagos, do u expect Lagos govt to provide for everyone coming into Lagos?
Do u have d idea of people migrating to Lagos on daily basis? when Lagos state asked for special status, all region except sw voted against it but they expect lag to carry all NIG burden angry

Very well said.
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by arsenal33: 5:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
orikoku:
More hardship and more robbery. What have done to empower this people before sending them of street. Problem.
they should go back to their states and stop having too many children you cant properly take care of
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by arsenal33: 5:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
tamdun:

U love to blame Lagos but ignore what chased them down to Lagos, do u expect Lagos govt to provide for everyone coming into Lagos?
Do u have d idea of people migrating to Lagos on daily basis? when Lagos state asked for special status, all region except sw voted against it but they expect lag to carry all NIG burden angry
people hate the truth
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by orikoku: 6:08pm On Jul 12, 2021
arsenal33:
they should go back to their states and stop having too many children you cant properly take care of
on point
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by Mystery9(m): 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2021
Poor man don really suffer for this World shocked
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by ainas247: 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
wpadmin:

The link on your signature is hidden.
Kindly find my number on my profile bro..
Nah Lala hide am �
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by aribisala0(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
Splendoor:
okada have advantages also, when my elder sister was sick.. there was hold up on the road, it's okada we use in getting to the hospital , the doctor told us later that day that we were lucky , if we didn't bring her on time she could have died.. have seen many instances that okada have helped me and my friends and few people I know. people uses okada as a means just to get to a destination on time because of it's flexibility on traffics.. I know okada causes some major accident but still scrapping out Okada Rider is a not a good idea, its a big NO NO to me
Thank God you are not a decision maker in Lagos state government

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by aribisala0(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
Splendoor:
okada have advantages also, when my elder sister was sick.. there was hold up on the road, it's okada we use in getting to the hospital , the doctor told us later that day that we were lucky , if we didn't bring her on time she could have died.. have seen many instances that okada have helped me and my friends and few people I know. people uses okada as a means just to get to a destination on time because of it's flexibility on traffics.. I know okada causes some major accident but still scrapping out Okada Rider is a not a good idea, its a big NO NO to me
Thank God you are not a decision maker in Lagos state government

It is a big YES YES

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by princeabdul(m): 8:32pm On Jul 12, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
The Lagos State taskforce strike squad today carried out massive raid on okada riders at second rainbow / Toyota busstop along apapa oshodi express way. 105 bikes were impounded in the process. A total 201 bikes were also impounded last week.

#SecureLagos
what are the alternatives to this ban??
Re: Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded by adeomos(m): 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2021
COMPAQ:

So for criminality sake, we should not try to resolve any issue we have? Since surge in criminality is always the excuse for allowing anarchy everywhere.
am not trying to justify their action, rather this is what I have observed, maybe the government can think of other ways of tackling this issue.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack / Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency / State Governors, Assembly Candidates Move To Dump Smart Card Reader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.