Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,693 members, 7,938,094 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 05:22 PM

What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself (1097 Views)

Mohammed Contradicts Himself, Says 3 Different Things On The Same Topic / Pentecoastal Leaders Condemns Sis Linda's Prophecy "Says Contradicts God's Word" / Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself by k0be: 7:32am On Jul 17, 2007
People quote scriptures out of context and then boast that the bible contradicts itself, I don't see the contradiction.
Those who learn very well in school have been taught how to correctly interpret the things they read.
Re: What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself by neowelsh(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2007
Hello my brethren, i wonder why would anybody find  the bible contradicting, but i tell you the bible can never contradicts. people that found it contracting are those that does not have the knowledge of God, the bible is a mystery to such people until they are initiated into the knowledge of God. so my brethren the bible can never contradicts.
Re: What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself by KAG: 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2007
Are non-Christians, blasphemous heathens (to borrow a rather bemusing phrase used by some Crhistian on some other forum), and sceptics allowed to comment?
Re: What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself by k0be: 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2007
what is KAG pouting about
Re: What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself by KAG: 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2007
k0be:

what is KAG pouting about

No pouting, just asking.
Re: What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself by Paulus(m): 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2007
neo_welsh:

Hello my brethren, i wonder why would anybody find the bible contradicting, but i tell you the bible can never contradicts. people that found it contracting are those that does not have the knowledge of God, the bible is a mystery to such people until they are initiated into the knowledge of God. so my brethren the bible can never contradicts.

(Quote from Neo_welsh on: July 18, 2007, 01:21 PM) "Initiated into the knowledge of God."

Almost sounds if someone is joining a secret society -- Christianity doesn't "initiate."

But you're right about the Bible never contradicting itself; though there are those who believe otherwise.
Re: What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself by KAG: 6:39pm On Jul 24, 2007
I'll take that as a yes.
k0be:

What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself

The fact that there are contradictions contained within the Bible.

People quote scriptures out of context and then boast that the bible contradicts itself, I don't see the contradiction.

Then you haven't looked or you've deluded yourself. I'll do you a solid; rather than quote sections that contradict from the Bible, I'll just point you in the direction of "Dan Barker's Easter Challenge" (see: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-47997.0.html). At the very least, that should eliminate any accusations of "scripture taken out of context".

Those who learn very well in school have been taught how to correctly interpret the things they read.

Indeed. However, when reason is derided as a "great LovePeddler" and deception is used to twist the words out of shape so as to make them seem inerrant, the learning will have little bearing.
Re: What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself by Kuns: 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2007
There are many bible contradictions,

Consider this if Lazarus was resurrected, why is he not still here today? [According to Hebrews 9:27 “it is appointed unto men once to die.”] He should be still walking the Earth right now. He died once and was “resurrected,” so he shouldn’t have died again. If he is not here now, he must not have resurrected. He must have died and been revived.

Some special people have the power to revive or send electrical currents from their body into another; they can revive the dead. This is the case with Yashua (Jesus) who revived, not resurrected, Lazarus.
Re: What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself by MsEbz(f): 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2007
Only an ignorant person will say the bible never contradicts, this site http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/ is a good place to start, I can't believe some people would have the nerve to say it doesn't when human men created the bible and since it's creation by men it's had several versions.
Re: What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself by Kuns: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2007
Hey man, I agree with you.

Why are our people so ignorant and gullible? When are they going to wake up and realize their whole race has been lied too?

Ok, to all you believers who think the bible was send down by God to man, please consider this.

Who are the sons of God spoken about in Genesis 6:2-4 if Jesus was the only begotten son of God? (John 3:16)?

This is another of the many contradictions of the bible. The pastors (religious mis-leaders) are teaching every sunday that Jesus is the only begotten son of God. These people know their claims are wrong, but they carrying on striving for power, money and fame. They should of realized by now they are the false prophets.
Re: What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself by Kuns: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2007
Ok let's check this one out . . According to Genesis 11:5 it clearly states, “And the LORD (Yahweh, who is Allah to the Muhammadans) came down to see the city and the tower, . . . The fact that God had to come down “to see” what they were doing in Babel or Sodom, means he does not know everything at all times. Or, this is not the God but rather a God.

Does God have eye problem's, why did he have to come down. Even NASA can see everything from up there.
Re: What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself by Kuns: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2007
Nice
Re: What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself by wendymanda: 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2007
I don't anything else can be said but the above. I lived in Jamaica and Rastafarians would try to twist up, well everyone tries to twist up the bible so they can in the end claim that it is contradictory. Now I know what to tell the "go back to school and learn to read well.
Re: What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself by k0be: 7:49pm On Aug 07, 2007
lol wendy thanks sweetheart but i'm afraid they'll never learn.

(1) (Reply)

Chile Deadly Earthquake, Kilo Sele? / Legalism, Obedience, And The Apostle Paul / Happy Birthday Mummy G O RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.