Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

[BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 (1242 Views)

Let’s Position APC To Win Again In Edo, Ize-Iyamu Tells Members / Dino Melaye Calls Smart Adeyemi His Political Wife, Says He Will Win Again / Without Npdp, Buhari Will Win Again - Nasir El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

[BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by adenigga(m): 12:45am On Jul 13, 2021
D’Tigers continued their preparation for the forthcoming Tokyo 2020 Olympics with a dominating 94-71 win over fourth ranked Argentina in an exhibition in Las Vegas on Monday.

Both teams were physical in their approach but it was the Argentines who led 19-17 at the end of the first quarter.

D’Tigers returned with more zeal in the second quarter, outscoring the South Americans 26-14 to take a 10-point lead into halftime 43-33.

At the start of the second quarter, Ekpe Udoh had a block before going on to score the first points of the quarter, while Precious Achiuwa had the highest rebounds in the second quarter.

Jahil Okafor, who missed out on the team’s win over the United States on Sunday, scored eight points and five rebounds at half time. He finished the game with 15 points and seven rebounds.

Nicolás Laprovíttola led the Argentines in scoring in the first half with eight points.

D’Tigers kept their foot on the gas in the third quarter, taking a 19-point lead to finish the quarter 74-55

The team consolidated their effort in the final quarter finishing the game 94-71.

The result and performance from the team will leave head coach Mike Brown with a selection headache as he is expected to name his final 12-man roster July 17 before the team depart for Tokyo.

Nigeria are in Group B along with Australia, Italy and Germany and play their opening game against the Aussies July 25 at the Saitama Super Arena.

Unlike the game against the US, where they scored 60 points from the three point line, D’Tigers scored more field goals against the Argentines.
Source: https://punchng.com/BREAKING-Basketball-Nigeria-win-again-beat-Argentina-94-71

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 13, 2021
Nice
Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by skyler11: 12:50am On Jul 13, 2021
You mean Igbo basketball team?

Only one or two groups of people excell outside this shithole while we're made to believe that one certain group who produce nothing other than violence and terrorist group are the most competent for leadership.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by majole: 12:58am On Jul 13, 2021
This team is for REAL. THANKS to them for representing Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by Racoon(m): 1:03am On Jul 13, 2021
This entire crop of basket ball team are super fantastic
Watched their game against the USA and was like whao. Nigeria has truly arrived @ the world stage.I think they will do well in the tournament @ hand if they sustain this winning streaks. More feats to attain guys.

3 Likes

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by Racoon(m): 1:06am On Jul 13, 2021
skyler11:
You mean Igbo basketball team? Only one or two groups of people excell outside this shithole while we're made to believe that one certain group who produce nothing other than violence and terrorist group are the most competent for leadership.
Ekpuru okwu nwanne'm.Remove quota system criteria and let merit determines what next, then see the exploits and greatness that can be attained.

8 Likes

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by after4: 1:09am On Jul 13, 2021
A glimpse of what biafra will look like

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by marveangel(m): 1:09am On Jul 13, 2021
Good for them

But I don't understand nairaland now, each time a post a link to my YouTube video is get banned by their antispam video yet I see lot of other people doing it, and the most annoying thing is these videos are self curated videos yet I get banned for posting it here, I like Seun and lala or whoever is in charge to let me know which rule I break by posting my personal video on nairaland.

Reddit and Quora that are bigger than niaraland aren't as sadistic and calous as seun

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by heniford2: 1:29am On Jul 13, 2021
Wait till we play Olympics grin and get trashed badly by some bleeped up white country grin cheesy then u know this early morning gra gra is nonsense oh grin
Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by inoki247: 1:41am On Jul 13, 2021
Mak all na calm down no be wu first call police dey win case.....

Dem dey try study all na pattern nd check out ur loopholes till the real game starts...
Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by KosiGee(m): 1:50am On Jul 13, 2021
I’m
Racoon:
Ekpuru okwu nwanne'm.Remove quota system criteria and let merit determines what next, then see the exploits and great ness that can be attained.

You two shouldn’t bring tribalism into this beautiful thread....Are you sure you are Igbo. What you wrote there means nothing in Igbo language....Go back and learn your Igbo alphabets.,...

Ikwuru okwu nwannem... not Ekpuru okwu nwanne’m.
Know when to use kp and kw....and also I and E.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by pusapou(m): 2:01am On Jul 13, 2021
skyler11:
You mean Igbo basketball team?

Only one or two groups of people excell outside this shithole while we're made to believe that one certain group who produce nothing other than violence and terrorist group are the most competent for leadership.
must you always show ur stupid bigotry?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by pusapou(m): 2:02am On Jul 13, 2021
after4:
A glimpse of what biafra will looked like
In your malaria infested dreams?

1 Like

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by EraseTheDot: 2:13am On Jul 13, 2021
There are more ibos in the team, no thanks to coach Nwora with his ibo agenda but more SW & SS was invited, thanks to coach Mike Brown.

- erase the dot

1 Like

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by Trojan8(m): 2:52am On Jul 13, 2021
Another impressive win against the current no 4 in the world, Argentina won the last FIBA in 2019. Some experts here were trying to downplaying the win against the US the other day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by selemempe: 2:59am On Jul 13, 2021
heniford2:
Wait till we play Olympics grin and get trashed badly by some bleeped up white country grin cheesy then u know this early morning gra gra is nonsense oh grin
lol those 'nigerians' are actually American NBA stars who couldn't make it into team USA early on in their career.

Underestimate them at your own peril

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by selemempe: 3:02am On Jul 13, 2021
EraseTheDot:
There are more ibos in the team, no thanks to coach Nwora with his agenda but more SW & SS was invited, thanks to coach Mike Brown.

- erase the dot
lol...do you really want to erase igbos from this earth? How do you think life in Nigeria would be without igbos?

But the problem is that you couldn't erase igbos in 1967, you won't erase us now. It's not because we are even strong...it's because abokì loves Igbo too much...they just like to pretend otherwise

2 Likes

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by Broveens42(m): 3:47am On Jul 13, 2021
Our basket ball team be doing Grade A friendlies while our super eagles be doing Grade Y friendlies

1 Like

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by Kondomatic(m): 3:54am On Jul 13, 2021
pusapou:
Bigotry because it's not a crime thread bah?
Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by Maxymilliano(m): 4:02am On Jul 13, 2021
I hope we don't exhaust all our winnings before the start of the main event grin
Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by FarahAideed: 4:04am On Jul 13, 2021
Hian ..Nigerian Basketball be roaring
Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by kollinz1234(m): 4:09am On Jul 13, 2021
I hope this is not initial grab gra o. Before first game now Australia will finish us patapata
Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by OfoIgbo: 4:28am On Jul 13, 2021
I remember Keshi led a Biafran team that won the nation's cup for Nigeria a few years ago.

I haven't even paid much attention to this Igbo basketball team, so it doesn't come as a surprise to me that they had already whacked the US and Argentina.
Games like basketball need players with intelligence so I am not surprised Igbos heavily dominate the team

3 Likes

Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by skyler11: 5:05am On Jul 13, 2021
pusapou:
I'm not to blame that you while Igbos are blessed with so much talent, some other people can't do anything other than carrying rabid, diseased wretched cows up and down.
Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by Ogamysamo: 5:13am On Jul 13, 2021
aside bad governance, nigeria always no de carry last.

more oxygen to your lungs
Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by phemmyfour: 5:13am On Jul 13, 2021
Always winning friendlies
Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by adioolayi(m): 5:30am On Jul 13, 2021
D'Tiger is ready....Ignore them at your own peril!
Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by techWriter2: 6:07am On Jul 13, 2021
A peek of what nigeria will look like
Re: [BREAKING] Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94-71 by Mynd44: 6:11am On Jul 13, 2021

(1)

August 9: MURIC Threatens Buhari, Others / Why Amaechi Should Succeed Buhari In 2023 – Group / If South Can't Clinch The Presidency In 2023, How Certain Is 2031?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.