Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,311 members, 7,920,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 08:22 PM

Success, What Does That Mean To Them? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Success, What Does That Mean To Them? (252 Views)

If I fuçkèd A Girl Assx Does That Make Me Gay? Help please / If A Girl Can Twerk, Does That Mean She Will Be Good In Bed? / My Boyfriend Says Am Not Emotional; What Does That Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Success, What Does That Mean To Them? by WriterX(m): 11:56am On Jul 13, 2021
THE STORY

As Daniel's High School Reunion drew nearer, He had every reason to deny the invitation for good reasons of course, His job was not six figure job, His house was no Bill gate's mansion, his car was definitely no better than any generic employee just doing whatever they can to make things work but then again it was the feeling of his old school days, hanging out with friends and reliving good old memories.

THE REUNION

By the time Daniel got to the Reunion, it was jam packed with every body looking so good and outrageously gorgeous, some better than the others, he could tell it was going to be hectic even from the car pack, seeing cars he only saw on the internet or television.

There was Michael, an old pal who was a business executive, there was sarah, a high class fashion designer, there was peter, who had inherited a fortune and so many, it was obvious he and a few others were the so-called least successful at the reunion.

He could feel each time people gathered around, they had to be talking about him and the others who HAD NOTHING TO SHOW, it was too much and he decided to get some air.

A walk down the school's hall way was perfect, down the hall he found Schul, an old buddy of his who surprisingly was now the school's chancellor, he had this list on his hand and was starring at a portrait of who the students that were at the reunion.

[b]THE CHAT WITH SCHUL IN THE HALL WAY/b]

They exchanged a few pleasantries and began to talk about everything they missed, schul could easily detect daniel's unease and disappointment and when he asked what was the problem, daniel quickly explained.

"everyone is so successful and happy with their life, i don't have enough to be here, they all look so happy, even you, schul i have to say, i wish i was as successful to own a jet like Sarah or a twelve room mansion like fedinard right now" daniel replied.

he was certainly surprised to see schul laugh at his response, it was rude to be exact.

"Do you have a job and is it a job you have always wanted to do?" schul asked.
"yeah, i do, i work at Ts and Ms Investment Group, i am the director here"

"Oh really, okay what about a wife, are you married?"
"yeah, i do, been married for five years now, got three kids as well,"

"Oh really you even have kids, when last did you do a life threatening surgery?"
"what, no i haven't done any of such, why ask?"

"what about an accident that claimed your legs and left you bedridden?"

sure the questions were getting darker but daniel was determined to answer his friend's question.

"Nope, nothing like that!"

'what about a divorce, or a plane crash that claimed your family, what about the sack letter, what about the addictions that have ruined your life, what about the bills you can't pay, what about the children you can't have, what about the lingering health issues that have ruined your everyday life?"

"I don't have none of that, at least not any yet, why are you asking me all this?"

"what about rebecca, what about johnson, what about terry and nine others who have died, who could not make it to this reunion, do you think they would choose money over life as what it means to be successful, because i am sure they don't know what success means right now, I have to go for a divorce hearing tomorrow, Michael is unmarried even at forty-nine, sarah is under going chemotherapy, she has a stage two cancer, jessica, couldn't even be here because she lost her legs to an accident, Peter has no kids he barely has time for himself because he has to work 24/7 daily, everyone of us has something that makes us less successful than we want to be already, I know i would like to not have a divorce over an argument with my wife, i would like to have married for five years with three kids, i would like to have a job that is just enough to provide for me and my family, to me that is success, just because you dont have what they have doesn't mean you don't have what you need for you to think of yourself as been successful, if you dreamt of having a family and now you do, you are successful, if you dreamt of having a job, if you are doing what you have always said you will do, that is success, if you are happy with yourself, well that is success, Daniel, you might be the most successful person here and you may never know it because you are not looking inwards for what success means but rather outwards,"

TO YOU READING THIS
shul's speech might be crappy and a low budget motivational speech about what success is, maybe its a flashy car, maybe its 90 million in your account, maybe its a top curvy or suave babe, or mansion the size of my dreams but i need you to celebrate the success you are right now.

because you are alive, one way or another you have clothes on, you have a job, you have a bike, car or t-fare for daily movement, you can feed, i don't care how many times or how good it is, you have a family, you have friends, maybe not the best but its something at least, right?

SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION, IT IS A JOURNEY AND YOU SHOULD BE PROUD TO CALL YOURSELF A SUCCESS.

(1) (Reply)

3D Mobile Phone Magnifier N5,500 / Romance / Are You Humble Or Proud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.