Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,906 members, 7,876,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:27 PM

Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? (15856 Views)

Npc Special Work Force Trainee / Work Force Virtual Interview Invite / Please Who Else Received This Mail From Work Force Group. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by Mysmartnetwork: 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:

Yes it is a stupid question and your explanation is so elementary and ridiculous

Please go away
Guy you go school at all ?
1.Google don’t generate answers they only show results based on past submissions on the internet. Hence this thread is not stupid cos information on this page reflects the current state of dragnet.
2.Many people get to know about Nairaland through google search
3. Even if you use google search what if the last submission related to your query Is not up to date
For example one time I was searching for current price of some building materials and all information I could find was from 2010-17.
If someone had created a thread about it like a week ago I did have gotten more valuable info. Peace

7 Likes

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by EdoFirstBorn(m): 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2021
[s]
Mysmartnetwork:

Guy you go school at all ?
1.Google don’t generate answers they only show results based on past submissions on the internet. Hence this thread is not stupid cos information on this page reflects the current state of dragnet.
2.Many people get to know about Nairaland through google search
[/s]
.it seems you don't understand what my last comment means?

Read it again
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by ClassicMan202(m): 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:

Yes it is a stupid question and your explanation is so elementary and ridiculous

Please go away

Abeg getat.... If you don't have anything to say, move on

1 Like

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by Mysmartnetwork: 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
[s][/s]
.it seems you don't understand what my last comment means?

Read it again

How old are you. ?
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by EdoFirstBorn(m): 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2021
Mysmartnetwork:

How old are you. ?

Definitely older than you cause I figure you are probably between the age of 10 to 13 years old
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by TheGift: 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
Such a very shallow minded approach to determining who is good enough for a Job. Even if it was in a Law firm Mtcheeew.
Viking07:
cheesy The first and last encounter I had with them was in 2014. After I arrived at their almighty venue, they asked all those not putting on a tie to go home, that was how I left.

1 Like

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by OdenKelechi(m): 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2021
younglleo:
Dat one nobi Anythin again!
Na sheikh gumi working force now dey!
Nd u no go take exam or test

grin grin grin grin
you be weyrey but nobody don tell you

1 Like

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by Mysmartnetwork: 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:

Definitely older than you cause I figure you are probably between the age of 10 to 13 years old
Well any way add this to your knowledge, google is just a search engine and you can’t find what does not exist in the first place , and don’t join the lots of people who thinks google have an answer to every question.
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by EdoFirstBorn(m): 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2021
[s]
Mysmartnetwork:

Well any way add this to your knowledge, google is just a search engine and you can’t find what does not exist in the first place , and don’t join the lots of people who thinks google have an answer to every question.
[/s]

Seems you enjoy the mirage that you are intelligent?

Take a hint, I am not interested in having any conversation with you, as you don't know enough to teach me anything.

Bye
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by AdeniyiA(m): 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
They have DRAGGED the NET and it has broken...
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by akanbiaa(m): 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
phemmylink:
I remember my job hunting days,… those days I suffered hen? I thought I was dumb, I went for interviews with workforce and wrote loads of test on the dragnet platform… Omo those guys belittled me, I bought GMAT text book because of em, and I get lousy mails about how I didn’t meet up to their stupid criteria, it was depressing.. However, when God says it’s your time, No man can say otherwise. I wrote a test with one of the biggest Pharma firms in Nigeria and I passed, been working there since… about 8 years now, am not where I wanna be but I am not where I was…
Did you get the job through the said dragnet?
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by DRAGNETNGR: 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hello,
@edofirstborn and @mysmartnetwork no need to insult each other, I'm sure you're both good individuals.
My name is Baba, I'm a co-founder of Dragnet and a colleague of mine just sent this thread to me. Glad to read that most of you have moved on to do good things. For those that will soon own a bank, we say AMEN to that, and hope to pitch our services to you one day sir/ma.

Just to address a few points, abd perhaps support the point where someone said our own is "oversabi":

1. GMAT is predictive of academic performance and not workplace performance, which is why it is used by schools and not recruitment consultants (well at least the ones that know).

2 Workforce is a good company with clever people running it, so I very much doubt that they would turn candidates away for wearing a tie, unless the invite categorically stated so. The context needs to be explained. Their goal like ours is to identify the best candidates and they put a lot of effort into doing this well.

3a. @cdieli it is uncharacteristic (highly improbable) of our staff to act that way, especially in front of a client, and so I apologise incase you got the client name wrong. However we have not conducted interviews for Fidelity Bank, YET. Perhaps your first comment about Dragnet leading to significant GMAT prep, is unrelated to the comment about your interview experience at Fidelity Bank. We try to meet or exceed client standards, and would have shown the type of emotional intelligence exhibited by the excellent Fidelity bank staff, especially because the best people (the ones that we are trying to get for the client) have options, and their experience of the recruitment process impacts on their judgement (alongside salary, location, etc).

3b. Our interest in universities is real. We offered them everything from free CBT software when nobody had it, to a free electric/hybrid car to help students see first -hand where the world is going. However connecting candidate performance to university is done empirically/objectively, not through such an engagement at the interview you say that you experienced. Our last work on this saw us take the results of over 800k test takers, filtering the data to pool those that took the tests under identical conditions, from which we ranked the universities by candidate performance, to know which one came top. The answer was Covenant University. We also enjoyed that exercise because it informed us about new things we did not know, like FUTA and FUTO are in the TOP 10 of institutions in Nigeria, producing grads for the workplace. (Note that this information does not tell you who has the best programmers, lawyers, doctors, data analysts, ESG course, or entrepreneurs. Yet it is useful information).

4. @octopusbottle getting good sleep before a test is very important. The brain needs it in order to be optimal. (PS: you're not an olodo). Please help explain the "collect people phone number".

Thanks for the memories, I definitely recall the EM experience of 2012, and having to redo the test. It helped shape the company we became, and definitely tested us. As for where we are now, you may no longer see us because you are not chasing graduate recruitment jobs, but I hope we will see more of each other as we've expanded to handle Nigerian and international certification exams. Those that are now in a bank doing the Chartered Institute exams, or those in Personnel management or Taxation, will engage our technology for certification exams (which you can now do from the comfort of your home, securely). For other certification exams you can go to www.dragnet-solutions.com/dptc where you will find for example the Canadian exams for doctors, and many more global high security exams. So those experiences that you recall, taught us a lot, it cost us a lot, but helped us grow.

This is too long sha, hope it was at least informative.

Baba

13 Likes

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by Aremu01(m): 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hmm
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by EdoFirstBorn(m): 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
DRAGNETNGR:
Hello,
@edofirstborn and @mysmartnetwork no need to insult each other, I'm sure you're both good individuals.
My name is Baba, I'm a co-founder of Dragnet and a colleague of mine just sent this thread to me. Glad to read that most of you have moved on to do good things. For those that will soon own a bank, we say AMEN to that, and hope to pitch our services to you one day sir/ma.

Just to address a few points, abd perhaps support the point where someone said our own is "oversabi":

1. GMAT is predictive of academic performance and not workplace performance, which is why it is used by schools and not recruitment consultants (well at least the ones that know).

2 Workforce is a good company with clever people running it, so I very much doubt that they would turn candidates away for wearing a tie, unless the invite categorically stated so. The context needs to be explained. Their goal like ours is to identify the best candidates and they put a lot of effort into doing this well.

3a. @cdieli it is uncharacteristic (highly improbable) of our staff to act that way, especially in front of a client, and so I apologise incase you got the client name wrong. However we have not conducted interviews for Fidelity Bank, YET. Perhaps your first comment about Dragnet leading to significant GMAT prep, is unrelated to the comment about your interview experience at Fidelity Bank. We try to meet or exceed client standards, and would have shown the type of emotional intelligence exhibited by the excellent Fidelity bank staff, especially because the best people (the ones that we are trying to get for the client) have options, and their experience of the recruitment process impacts on their judgement (alongside salary, location, etc).

3b. Our interest in universities is real. We offered them everything from free CBT software when nobody had it, to a free electric/hybrid car to help students see first -hand where the world is going. However connecting candidate performance to university is done empirically/objectively, not through such an engagement at the interview you say that you experienced. Our last work on this saw us take the results of over 800k test takers, filtering the data to pool those that took the tests under identical conditions, from which we ranked the universities by candidate performance, to know which one came top. The answer was Covenant University. We also enjoyed that exercise because it informed us about new things we did not know, like FUTA and FUTO are in the TOP 10 of institutions in Nigeria, producing grads for the workplace. (Note that this information does not tell you who has the best programmers, lawyers, doctors, data analysts, ESG course, or entrepreneurs. Yet it is useful information).

4. @octopusbottle getting good sleep before a test is very important. The brain needs it in order to be optimal. (PS: you're not an olodo). Please help explain the "collect people phone number".

Thanks for the memories, I definitely recall the EM experience of 2012, and having to redo the test. It helped shape the company we became, and definitely tested us. As for where we are now, you may no longer see us because you are not chasing graduate recruitment jobs, but I hope we will see more of each other as we've expanded to handle Nigerian and international certification exams. Those that are now in a bank doing the Chartered Institute exams, or those in Personnel management or Taxation, will engage our technology for certification exams (which you can now do from the comfort of your home, securely). For other certification exams you can go to www.dragnet-solutions.com/dptc where you will find for example the Canadian exams for doctors, and many more global high security exams. So those experiences that you recall, taught us a lot, it cost us a lot, but helped us grow.

Baba

Thanks for the clarification.

Much appreciated

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by iamclime(m): 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
DRAGNETNGR:
Hello,

Baba
Well done for the detailed response. It's informative and clear enough. It's a good thing that you have evolved. I do hope you treat your people well. They are the face and heart of a data centric organisation like yours. Best wishes.

2 Likes

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by Greatpooss(m): 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2021
I imagined how many people's lives were dragged then due to job seeking.

It was Dragnet and Walk �force indeed.
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by baloney: 9:54pm On Jul 16, 2021
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by Auskyd(m): 10:16pm On Jul 16, 2021
[quote author=wunmi590 post=103769358][/quote]

Why you dey lie? Which salary dem wan cut now? This lie choke abeg
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by adeboizy11(m): 5:28am On Jul 17, 2021
Dragnet in particular made me feel my certificate is a scam. It got to a point I refused going whenever I see their invites. They will keep recommending me only to see some messages like we had a lot to pull from blah blah. Don't let me talk of when there was a combo with workforce. Those people na dem suppose dey do screening for our polithiefians.

phemmylink:
I remember my job hunting days,… those days I suffered hen? I thought I was dumb, I went for interviews with workforce and wrote loads of test on the dragnet platform… Omo those guys belittled me, I bought GMAT text book because of em, and I get lousy mails about how I didn’t meet up to their stupid criteria, it was depressing.. However, when God says it’s your time, No man can say otherwise. I wrote a test with one of the biggest Pharma firms in Nigeria and I passed, been working there since… about 8 years now, am not where I wanna be but I am not where I was…

1 Like

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by omenpetrol: 5:41am On Jul 17, 2021
Klass99:

Lol grin but it is a good story to tell your children later in life and I'm glad to hear it all ended well.
sure

1 Like

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by wunmi590(m): 5:47am On Jul 17, 2021
Auskyd:

Why you dey lie? Which salary dem wan cut now? This lie choke abeg

That's because you are still a baby in job hunting business...

If the company they are recruiting for pays 100k, they negotiate to pay you 60k and take 40k till the company they recruited you increase your money before your pay would be raised....

You know nothing about recruiting agency, they majorly recruit for banks, so go to their teller stand, majority of them are contract staff recruited by agency....

Sit down and learn instead of reasoning like a baby, no be everybody be unah mate for NL

12 years now wey I don graduate....

2 Likes

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by Nyxxx: 6:25am On Jul 17, 2021
phemmylink:

I don't know whether they exist or not but one thing damn sure of is that e no go better for them those motherfuckers made me doubt myself for the first time in my life I actually failed an exam I was really down till I wrote other exams and passed with flying colors
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by nuel000: 8:00am On Jul 17, 2021
flexyrule:
SHL, Workforce, Dragnet, etc practiced and took those tests till writing their exams became like practicing past questions

ExxonMobil, Total, NLNG, NBC, NB, etc Name it.... I was just a regular....

The only hurdle that was difficult to cross was the Interviews. I was just 21 with no work experience.

Very fine memories.

I used to chew GMATS then like sugarcane.

In all, thank God for where I am today. Very soon, we'll own a bank!
how were u able to do it bro? Is that you don't do the calculations because you already know the answers? Please throw more light... because I come to a conclusion that dragnet test in unpassable
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by thatsleepboy1: 8:42am On Jul 17, 2021
I was transferred to workforce office to write my ACT TEST. Na wa ọ, I declined.
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by flexyrule(m): 8:56am On Jul 17, 2021
nuel000:
how were u able to do it bro? Is that you don't do the calculations because you already know the answers? Please throw more light... because I come to a conclusion that dragnet test in unpassable
Constant practice from a very very very wide range of test materials.
They do repeat plenty of those questions.
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by flexyrule(m): 9:02am On Jul 17, 2021
NewFolm4:
I just overlook them of recent. One lady later called me saying she's from Dragnet.
That's a good job. Don't overlook it.
1 year contract, then you get converted to a full staff.
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by nuel000: 11:13am On Jul 17, 2021
flexyrule:
Constant practice from a very very very wide range of test materials.
They do repeat plenty of those questions.
can you help with those materials? And do you wait till you're invited for tests before practicing or you just do it on a regular
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by flexyrule(m): 11:27am On Jul 17, 2021
nuel000:
can you help with those materials? And do you wait till you're invited for tests before practicing or you just do it on a regular
That was 8 years ago. The last employment test I took was in 2016.
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by wunmi590(m): 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
Auskyd:

The phones I sell will feed you comfortably oh. No go reason am lmfao. Mumu first grade.

It's "Vein" not vain, "hearsay" not ear say.

How did you pass university? Like how You write WAEC so? And you kuku have time to scan thru my profile and posts like a jobless SOAB that you are lmfao

Olodo premium

Lol,

So the phone whey you dey beg people of nairaland to help you buy to feed your generation is what would feed me?

Forget nairaland, if you are really who you think you are, come my office in Lekki, the least staff I conyrol would feed your generation...

Even buy the phone and give it back to you...

Nah NL dem go dey make mouth, later they would open alternate account and be begging, werey boy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Test / Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? / Landover Aviation Massive Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.