Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,241 members, 7,923,203 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 08:20 PM

Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? (1062 Views)

What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by sichri(m): 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2021
Within the week, I have heard at least two women complaining seriously about how their mothers-in-law have become threats to their respective marriages.

So, what are the major pain points between mothers & daughters-in-law? How can these be resolved amicably for a peaceful family?

Guys usually bear the brunt in most cases when there is quarrel between wife and mother. How have you been able to settle yours?
Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by Bola146(f): 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
I don't pray for wicked mother inlaw
Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by mardis: 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2021
Well, another sweet thing in marriage is have a very loving mother inlaw. But it is better to not have mother Inlaw (maybe late) than have a troublesome one.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by Hathor5(f): 4:03pm On Jul 14, 2021
I don't have any problems with mine. She is great.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by pocohantas(f): 4:07pm On Jul 14, 2021
mardis:
Well, another sweet thing in marriage is have a very loving mother inlaw. But it is better to not have mother Inlaw (maybe late) than have a troublesome one.

I beg to disagree…

It is not all about the wife. The mother in-law is someone’s mother, wife, sister, aunty and grandma.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by Kondomatic(m): 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2021
mardis:
In essence, you're telling God that you wouldn't want to be alive to see your sons marry.

That's actually very good.

8 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by Juicewrld27: 4:12pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kondomatic:
In essence, you're telling God that you wouldn't want to be alive to see your sons marry.

you have twisted what the poor lady said Aristotle grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by Juliusmomoh: 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2021
No mother in_law is bad... Na the character wey you carry from your house to your husband house bad. And your mother in-law can't be sitting down looking you.
Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by ahnie: 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2021
Mine is over cool and nice but with some doses of **ile'nama here and there.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by mariahAngel(f): 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2021
sichri:
Within the week, I have heard at least two women complaining seriously about how their mothers-in-law have become threats to their respective marriages.

So, what are the major pain points between mothers & daughters-in-law? How can these be resolved amicably for a peaceful family?

Guys usually bear the brunt in most cases when there is quarrel between wife and mother. How have you been able to settle yours?

At the beginning of the relationship (mother-in-law daughter-in-law), there might be (in-fact, there will be) friction.
But as they get to understand each other‘s place (especially in the life of the man), they’ll begin to (learn respect each) other.
At that phase, time, patience and being objective are what the man needs and not to take sides.
A man will love for his wife differently from the way he love loves his mother, so they need not feel threatened by each the other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2021
Here to read comments
Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by Hathor5(f): 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
No mother in_law is bad... Na the character wey you carry from your house to your husband house bad. And your mother in-law can't be sitting down looking you.

Wrong. Mothers-in-law are just human. Some are good, others are not. Saying that no MIL is bad is like saying that no wife is bad. You wouldn't say the latter, would you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by Belafonte(m): 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Bro, dont be ridiculous. There are insane wives, as well as insane MILs. I've seen enough of both.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by iamyemiakins(m): 5:00pm On Jul 14, 2021
The stereotype of mothers-in-law in this country tho. Nollywood sef con exaggerate am with Patience Ozokwor undecided

As a female, if you wish ur mother-in-law bad, also have it in mind that someday you might be a mother-in-law, so be ready to receive all you dish(ed).
Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 14, 2021
My MIL is good, no problem for now cheesy, don't know about the future though
Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by Trendytessy(f): 5:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
My MIL is good.. Mother in laws are also women, treat her as you would your mum and all will be fine cool

1 Like

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by Juliusmomoh: 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hathor5:

Wrong. Mothers-in-law are just human. Some are good, others are not. Saying that no MIL is bad is like saying that no wife is bad. You wouldn't say the latter, would you?
Sister please read in-between the line and understand me. I said "no MIL is bad"
Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by mardis: 10:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kondomatic:

Mind you i won't be a troublesome mother-in-law
Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by mardis: 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2021
pocohantas:

I beg to disagree…

It is not all about the wife. The mother in-law is someone’s mother, wife, sister, aunty and grandma.

Some mother-in-law can be very very difficult to please, especially when they don't like their son's wife. Maybe it was the son who cajole her into agreeing to the marriage.

Oh Heaven, let you not come and conceive on time, double wahala for dead body

1 Like

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by ImaIma1(f): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2021
No serious relationship there. We talk on the phone once in a long while. I don't get involved with son and mother bond/relationship. When we see, we try to live peacefully mostly because I make myself scarce and talk less.

Initial experience with her made me maintain my distance...starting from not wanting the marriage, and threatening not to attend.

We are not enemies but we are not close. I am not the kind that pretends or does eye service, so it doesn't help matters.

She was really encouraging when I didn't conceive as early as I wanted. She kept calling and telling me not to think too much or worry myself. So she's not actually a bad person. But she can be troublesome and can turn people against each other. I don't like wahala, so I just maintain my lane.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by poshestmina(f): 1:57am On Jul 15, 2021
Treat her as I do my parents.
Monthly allowance ,call once in a week .

I don't interfere between her and her son except I'm invited or consulted... Sometimes I send her money and tell her Oga said I should send .
She sends foodstuffs down grin grin grin

No bad blood at all !

7 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by nnekaike(f): 4:37am On Jul 15, 2021
She is my mother,words can't describe how much I love and adore her,we can't stay two days without calling each other the bond is 100%.
I pray my children get a good mother inlaw like her,she is too wonderful.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by GboyegaD(m): 5:14am On Jul 15, 2021
My mom and wife get along so well that I'm the side piece. I'm guessing it is because both parties respect and love themselves and they both love me as well. Apparently, we all are peace loving and that also helps.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: How Is Your Relationship With Your Mother-in-law? by debbydams(f): 11:23am On Jul 15, 2021
mardis:
haba,,late bawo..do u wish not to be der when your son get married? If my spouse is having a wicked mother, is either I cope or walk out of the relationship before its too late,but not wishing her dead

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

On Top One Man Head / Nigerian Family Relocates To UK, Becomes Homeless Abroad (video) / Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.