Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,485 members, 7,971,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 04:14 PM

Programming Tutor Needed - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Tutor Needed (2385 Views)

Java Script Programming Tutor Needed / Programming Tutor / For Those Of You Interested In Private Computer Programming Tutor? (Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programming Tutor Needed by rowrowland: 9:04am On Aug 13, 2021
EvilSec:
You must be really smart to want to learn and be proficient in 7+ programming languages by just "taking zoom/whatsapp lessons".
I guess he's just saying that out of curiosity.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Lindner: 10:50am On Aug 13, 2021
Please, don't waste your money. Everything you need is available in public space and the best resources out there are free. There are great video and text tutorials every where. All you need is the discipline and will(which I think you already have by creating this post).

It took me 4 months of active(frantic) learning to go from a complete novice to landing my first remote full stack developer role with a US based tech start-up. The learning continues. I hope you'll heed my advice.

Dvea:
Hello Nairalanders, I'm interested in learning about programming but I work so I cant exactly make it to regular computer schools.

I need someone who is an expert in programming languages python, C, C++, Ruby, Java and more. And also knowledgeable in back and front end programming. I am willing to learn and of course pay for it. It'll be an online thing so zoom or whatsapp and such will do.

Other option is if you know any school with a part time program for these lessons. But I'm around Iyana Ipaja so the school has to be near by.

If you have any info or you can teach it properly please just reply to this with your rate and speculated time it would take to complete a full out course on programming.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by DarlingtonC: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

I understand it is because of your busy schedule you want a teacher. It was the reason i recommmeded visual learning - videos. Your teacher will also use visual. It is like when you were in school and you read ahead of class. You grab it more, and you ask meaningful questions. You make use of your money eventually you get a teacher. The road is broad. So, when you get a teacher now, he moves here and there while teaching you cos you dont know what you want uet, and a non skillful teacher can escape with teaching you nothing cos you know nothing. But after you have tasked your brain, you can even know how to scout for the right person for the job instead of just accepting anyone cos you know nothing. Trust me, this is the best path. It is a secret I learned years ago.

I had an exchange of posts with a guy from accounting background who wants to cross to IT this morning. We both agreed that the right path is to do something relating to accounting cos he is skillful there already.

You need to ask yourself a question: what problems do I want to solve? Cos you learn codes to solve problems. And the best place to start is solving problems in your career or areas you are skillful. Or areas you have huge interest in and you have identified problems.

Back to your questions, you can use virtually all the languages for backend- python, Java, C, C#, C++, Ruby, Javascript, and many more. While Java and Python ar versatility languages, C and C++ are close to machine language and are extremely fast to process. Then, you have the nice Javascript which is another all rounder esp for web development. It may be confusing, but I will help you here. Answer the following questions:

1. What is/are your program(s) of study in college/uni?
2. Which industry do you work? What is your career path?
3. What problems have you identified in 2 above that professionals or customers in the industry face?
4. Do you have a special interest in a particular area which is not close to your career? If yes, explain.
5. What excites you in life?
6. Which subjects in school or topics in real life you dont gaet bored with? You just love doing/discussing it/them.
7. Do you need a fast job asap cos you are trying to survive and it is why you have decided to learn coding? I mean that you need the job right now to kill hunger (not necessarily mean you are hungry....but you just need to get into side hustling cos you it seems you cannot even wait for 3 months to quit your present job.
8. If 7 above is yes, no need to answer this. But if it is no, then, can you survive for like 6 to 1 year or more with your present financial status so that you learn something you are really passionate about?

Note: if you just want to survive, you may need to do what you dont really enjoy much to just get cash and then do what you are passionate about later. Cos if you dont have cash, you will lose interest in coding. But if you can still survive, it is better you go for what you are passionate about so you can enjoy it and not leave it half way.

Send your answers and I can advise you better.
You are wonderful.....absolutely.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Elvis Chidera, Village boy now a Global Programmer / Help A Newbie To Coding. / Download Over 120 Graphic Design Video Tutorials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.