Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,729 members, 7,941,760 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 12:51 PM

I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship (1752 Views)

If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? / Average Num Of Guys A Lady Shld Av Slept With B4 Marriage? / Her Pastor Said She Should Not Marry Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by nogames: 5:59am On May 12, 2011
I am 36 year old, there is great pressure from family and pairs about marriage, i decided to settle down this year. Fortunately for me i was introduced to a lady by a close friend, (he knows i am always afraid of  wrong choice), This lady based in Ibadan while I based in Lagos, We both came from the same town.
We call each other regularly, and i went to Ibadan two months ago (march to be precised) to met her and she took me to her  sister. The woman asked if i had prayed about the relationship and i told her, i am still praying about it.

Now the pastor i took her name to for prayer said i should not even think of marry her at all. He refuses to tell me the reason (The pastor didn't know her). I dont know how to break this news to her, especially when she told me that, her pastor said there is no problem we can go ahead with the relationship.

What should i do?
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by Nobody: 6:14am On May 12, 2011
God will not conflict himself. It is clear one of these pastors is talking from the flesh, and my guess is, it's yours.
If yours' truly received that you shouldn't, he would TELL you the reason he received that you shouldn't. If he doesn't, then he is hiding something. undecided
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by vivaladiva(f): 6:28am On May 12, 2011
some people r eternally addicted to slavery, wetin concern pastor and who u want to marry
honestly some people willingly sell them selves to slavery and then wonder y they get threated like slaves
wat is wrong wiv u----havent u got a functioning brain---cant u make decisions for ur self----i bet u will ask pastor for permission to f-u-ck ur wife and wat position to do it in

seriously, people need to stop this irritating, mumu like behaviour argggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by Nobody: 6:32am On May 12, 2011
^^ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

hmmm @ the op's grammar  grin

but seriously, 2buff is right. it's either the pastor is hiding something or he/she is talking just to talk. I hope I do not offend you
as by seeking advise from your pastor one can conclude you are deeply religious and take their opinion seriously.
Perhaps they have based their decision on what you told them as I am sure there are details you have kept from this post
however at the end of the day, it is your choice to make. If you feel strongly about this person so much so that you want to marry them
then by all means go for it and be sure to consult with and talk to God first and foremost. If you are not ready mentally or sure then do not take the risk.
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by jaybee3(m): 6:33am On May 12, 2011
vivaladiva:

some people r eternally addicted to slavery, wetin concern pastor and who u want to marry
honestly some people willingly sell them selves to slavery and then wonder y they get threated like slaves
wat is wrong wiv u----havent u got a functioning brain---cant u make decisions for your self----i bet u will ask pastor for permission to f-u-ck your wife and wat position to do it in

seriously, people need to stop this irritating, mumu like behaviour argggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh
who do we have here today? shocked shocked
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by Nobody: 6:43am On May 12, 2011
^^ A crace-person grin
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by LordReed(m): 7:01am On May 12, 2011
jay bee:

who do we have here today? shocked shocked

Indeed! After a long hiatus.
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by BABE3: 7:02am On May 12, 2011
vivaladiva:

wat is wrong wiv u----havent u got a functioning brain---cant u make decisions for your self----i bet u will ask pastor for permission to f-u-ck your wife and wat position to do it in

Babe, easy, Take chill pills abeg! Drink cold water too! wink

@OP It's obvious one of the pastors is the devil's guy---lol. Go to another pastor to confirm- lipsrsealed **jokes*

hmmm--- IDK, I think you should pray yourself and see watsup.  smiley
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by Nobody: 7:12am On May 12, 2011
It's why we all shouldn't wait before we want to marry or make major life decisions before we've built our own personal relationship with God to the point that we hear directly from Him.
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by BABE3: 7:18am On May 12, 2011
2buff:

It's why we all shouldn't wait before we want to marry or make major life decisions before we've built our own personal relationship with God to the point that we hear directly from Him.

My guy, what's going on? You've heard about May 21st 2011?  cheesy

True talk sha. Not everybody "hear" from God. It's a sort of spiritual gift to be able to decipher God's message. That's why people run to pastors.
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by Ifedisky(m): 7:22am On May 12, 2011
If you so believe in pastors why don't you seek an independent verification now there's a crossroad between your's end hers. Not so difficult to think is it?
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by Nobody: 7:33am On May 12, 2011
BABE!:

My guy, what's going on? You've heard about May 21st 2011?  cheesy

True talk sha. Not everybody "hear" from God. It's a sort of spiritual gift to be able to decipher God's message. That's why people run to pastors.

Babe, I no send all those ones joor. Jesus has already said no-one knows. This won't be the first time some crazy person has tried to give God a yeye ulternatum by forming they know something when he has said "no-one but God knows". Could even be before May 21st.  grin

As for the hearing, it's safe to say that not all pastors hear from God. Some are just as confused as anyone else but for the sake of keeping face, act like they and God play golf in the same country club.  grin
I believe every child of God can hear from their Heavenly Father. They just need to work at training their Spirit, which is something a lot of people are not willing to do. In the same way a baby cannot understand what it's father is saying is the same way a spiritual infant cannot understand what his/her heavenly Father is saying.

I see almost everyday the deceit and abuse caused by people relying on what a man says God is saying instead of them trying to hear Him themselves. I'm currently striving to build the ol' spirit-man.  cheesy
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by Sike(m): 7:39am On May 12, 2011
BABE!:

Babe, easy, Take chill pills abeg! Drink cold water too! wink

@OP It's obvious one of the pastors is the devil's guy---lol. Go to another pastor to confirm- lipsrsealed **jokes*

hmmm--- IDK, I think you should pray yourself and see watsup.  smiley
OMG! Sum1 is goin banana here o, dis is serious, Guy easy oo.
@OP, Be careful!!
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by BABE3: 7:47am On May 12, 2011
2buff:

Babe, I no send all those ones joor. Jesus has already said no-one knows. This won't be the first time some crazy person has tried to give God a yeye ulternatum by forming they know something when he has said "no-one but God knows". Could even be before May 21st.  grin

As for the hearing, it's safe to say that not all pastors hear from God. Some are just as confused as anyone else but for the sake of keeping face, act like they and God play golf in the same country club.  grin
I believe every child of God can hear from their Heavenly Father. They just need to work at training their Spirit, which is something a lot of people are not willing to do. In the same way a baby cannot understand what it's father is saying is the same way a spiritual infant cannot understand what his/her heavenly Father is saying.

I see almost everyday the deceit and abuse caused by people relying on what a man says God is saying instead of them trying to hear Him themselves. I'm currently striving to build the ol' spirit-man.  cheesy

lol---That was hilarious!

With that your profile picture abi?---oh my bad, she's your wife/girlfriend. cheesy

I agree with your story--kinda.

As for the MAY 21st ish, I don't believe the BS too. I was just joking.

That reminds me, there're these two gigantic billboards close to my school saying something like "Repent, the end is near--May 21st 2011". That sh1t bothers me on my way to school every morning. lol-- Only God knows who put them there.
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by Nobody: 8:10am On May 12, 2011
^^^ I strive to live a pure life grin
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by BABE3: 8:12am On May 12, 2011
^^ Same here!
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by Tosinville(m): 8:13am On May 12, 2011
Poster, try several prophets not pastors for confirmation hehe!
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by vivaladiva(f): 8:15am On May 12, 2011
hiya jaybeee, lol
its only me ooooo the gentle monster---catching my trips as usuallllll
u know how it is---how r u reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by MMM2(m): 8:19am On May 12, 2011
is d pastor jesus christ?
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by Tosinville(m): 8:23am On May 12, 2011
Naw! the pastor is the holy spirit.
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by Abbycrown(f): 9:53am On May 12, 2011
Ask God in prayer yourself to direct you. But if you don't believe you can get direction directly, ask another pastor to pray concerning it.
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by ziyaun: 11:15am On May 12, 2011
vivaladiva:

lmao,36 yrs old man needs a pastor to choose him a wife,,, this should be the funniest thing i have read all day.and to think some people in here are encouraging this makes it pretty clear why people achieve so little in nigeria.sit at home and keep praying for God to do everything for u thru ur pastors and lets see how far u would all go.Dangote the richest man in nigeria is a muslim. God this,pastor that at 36 years
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by segzicres(m): 11:39am On May 12, 2011
True jare!! Dunoo why ppl think everything is pre-determined or planned. So many situations where ppl who are very good are pulled back b'cos religious beliefs. if some of then can remove that mentality d sky is d limit. How can u think being successful will hinder u from serving GOD?
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by aminalib(f): 12:23pm On May 12, 2011
Do not tell anyone wen pastor says to kill yourself ok.
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 12, 2011
GOD is not an author of confusion.
someone is definitely lying
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by simpleseyi: 4:59pm On May 12, 2011
I sincerely advice the lady not to marry you. At the age of 36 you are still taking girsls' names to spiritualist, that is why you are still single. I doubt if you don't patronise babalawo.
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by r231(m): 5:08pm On May 12, 2011
i guess you don't know how to talk to God yourself

you better get on your kneels and srt praying

b4 some pastor mess up your life
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by alagha: 12:08pm On May 13, 2011
there is a format, just like the other way u started the journey to the kingdom
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by Toonice(m): 4:19pm On May 13, 2011
Carry mic and go the market or find one FM station go and tel her. Chikena

Sorry sleep dey catch me

I tel u what todo if i wake up
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by Kgdavid(m): 4:34pm On May 13, 2011
Ifedisky:

If you so believe in pastors why don't you seek an independent verification now there's a crossroad between your's end hers. Not so difficult to think is it?
r231:

i guess you don't know how to talk to God yourself

you better get on your kneels and srt praying

b4 some pastor mess up your life

there mr poster, yur problem has been solved for you
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Shld Stop The Relationship by iice(f): 9:33am On Sep 23, 2011

(1)

Why Don't Guys Want To Date A Virgin, Yet Wants To Marry One? / All Nairaland Babes Here Please! / What Do U Think I Shud Do Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.