Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,157 members, 7,890,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:06 AM

Different Flavours Of Nigerian Landlords. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Different Flavours Of Nigerian Landlords. (385 Views)

Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Your Landlords And Landladies. / My Landlords Wife Is Tempting Me. / I Slept With My Landlords Wife Last Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Different Flavours Of Nigerian Landlords. by TigerFoods: 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
Being a landlord despite the economic situation in Nigeria is no small feat. They deserve an accolade. However, many Nigerians think that Landlords are the hardest people to deal with. We don’t think so. Every landlord has their good, bad and ugly side, and some make things easy for their tenants. Nigerian tenants castigate landlords a lot like we all do not aspire to be one someday. We must be fair and put ourselves in their shoes. Both tenants and landlords have the responsibility to work towards achieving a safe and secured environment. Interestingly, we can’t get over the fascinating nature of our Nigerian landlords. This brings us to the main gist about the different flavours of a landlord. Let’s dive in⁠�⁠

The Bossy Landlord
They always intimidate their tenants. When you complain, he will remind you who owns the house and asks you to leave if you are not comfortable with their management style. You can't have an opinion without getting a backlash from him. They have a timetable for everything; when to lock/open the gate, when to fetch water, who to let or not to let into the apartment etc. They are quick to eject you from the flat to get a new tenant. Woe betides anyone who owes them rent, they simply leave you at the mercy of their lawyers.

The Greedy Landlord
These ones are never satisfied with the rent and other payments; they are not interested in the plight of their tenant. Money is the only thing that matters to them. They keep increasing the rent, security fees, and other utility fees every chance he gets. They are quick to remind you to pay your debt. This set can embarrass you at any time. Some start to remind you 4 to 5 months before your rent is due. This set belongs to those that will increase your rent as soon as you buy a new car �.

The Nosy Landlord
They are the gossip mongers in the compound. They want to know every little detail of what happens in your apartment. They barge into your house at the slightest noise. Sometimes you begin to wonder if you share your apartment with them. These are the ones that give unsolicited advice and ask questions like, “Is that your daughter’s makeup not too much?”, “Is that your boyfriend?”, “Why don’t you like beating your children?”, “Was it Tiger Curry you used to make that stew I perceived on Sunday?” etc…lol

The Generous and Friendly Landlord
These categories of landlords are angels on earth. They are friendly with their tenants. They always have your interests at heart. Their attitude towards you can make you form a bond with them. Even after you leave the compound, you still keep in touch with them. Some even turn out to become your business partner. Or even family. They are the ones that invite you over for dinner. They always make sure their tenants are very comfortable in the compound. Indeed, their reward is in heaven.

The Lazy Landlord
These types of landlords never take responsibility for any damage to their property. They turn deaf ears each time you call them for maintenance. They are usually unavailable and soft-spoken. They are quick to encourage the tenant to manage the poor state of the apartment. They even ask the tenants to fix the flat since they are the occupants of it. These landlords only do minor renovation when there is a new incoming tenant while shielding other damages as much as they can.

The Endless Meeting Landlord
These ones call for meetings without prior notice. No phone calls, texts, or even a verbal message. They will knock on your door at any time of the day and expect you to be present at the meeting ground. Any time is perfect to have a meeting; when you complain or fail to attend, all hell is let loose on you. They are the ones that lock the gate on Saturday morning till the meeting is held irrespective of tenants that need to be at work. They are majorly the reason why people don’t like living in an apartment where the Landlord reside.

The list is endless. As a Nigerian, you are either a landlord or tenant. Either of it, I believe you can relate to one or two of these flavours of Landlords. So, tell us, do you prefer live-in Landlords and does your landlord fit into any of the categories?

Let's gist at the comment section

Follow us @thetigerfoods

(1) (Reply)

Friends With Benefits / Please Help Me Recover My Extremely Important Gmail Account / Womenhood And Their Life Span On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.