Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,374 members, 7,964,513 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:06 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) (139078 Views)

Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Pastor Adeboye: I Paid A Surprise Visit To One Of RCCG Branches / Woman Used By 5 Pastors For Miracles Traced, Reveals What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by bamac(m): 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
NewDelhi:

You just said Nonsense.

Every winners branch has an accommodation. (Usually at the back of the church). It's free for the pastor and his family. He doesn't need to pay a dime, the church doesn't give you money to rent anything. Once they redeploy you, you'll vacate and the next pastor will move in with his family. That's how it is in winners. Accomodation is free.

Secondly, paid which Money to get which hall? What are you saying please? Winners does not rent. They build their stations from scratch.

You're also talking of absenteeism? You think he's the only pastor running the affairs of the station? He has lieutenants and subsidiaries. It's a full time job. Fine they can have side hustle but you just have to find time to commit yourself to the number 1 purpose that brought you to that community.

What that pastor said might be true. I was in church today ( a winners branch in a remote area where my farm is ) and the pastor was unusually absent. To make matters worse, the assistant pastor said another pastor was coming next Sunday to preach. Maybe the former one has already been replaced we don't know but definitely , it was obvious something wasn't right somewhere.
You just boldy made incorrect statement my boss.

I am a winner too. Here, most of the branches, church pay the rent of the RP and the ARP, though from the area church or headquarters. No building behind the church for pastors. My own branch sef, we have been begging God to intervene in the completion of church building which has been left uncompleted for over 4 years.

And then, most of the new branches, they rent hall or the space they use, you can't expect those 10,000 churches to be build just like that when existings ones are yet to even be completed.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
focus7:

When did you really know Oyedepo? My discussion with you is over seeing that you are new catch mugu
Did the man in fact discuss battling tuberculosis? undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Origamist: 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
generationz:

Yawns

If you don't know churches are run as business centers, you are naive. Did Jesus have Ac and share flyers during his time? Where do you think the money to make the church look good, run the church effectively, pay workers and give to the poor comes from? From sand abi? grin

If it bothers you, pray in your house. Some of us have been doing that and it doesn't cost us one dime.
Best comment so far.
I don't know why people just want to whine and ridicule the Bishop over a non issue.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Thelife: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
2dominate:

They are practicing what is in the scripture and also following christ footstep

The way bokoharam and ISIS are practicing what is in your quran and following the foot steps of your gigolo fake prophet right
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by focus7: 4:39pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Did the man in fact discuss battling tuberculosis? undecided

From his story when did he battle tuberculous? His tuberculous experience was before he surged into ministry. Go and get his messages in 1993 till I left in 2002 to hear how he boast to the ignorant congregation of free illness while he goes for medical at the private hospital.

The old members are not unfamiliar with this health brag. There are other brags I can expose as falsehood but there's no need, some of you can be deceived but some of us are no longer deceived.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by ewami: 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
Bring your ear for a whisper sir. The church is an NGO not a LTD. Didn't you hear him when he said he always goes about on evangelism and winning souls.
Who has the big money in a remote place in Ekiti. I know exactly what the guy is talking about cos i worked there for five years, i church there (though not frequent there any longer) i know hidden things that you may not know.
if i should roll out stuffs here on finance matters.........u go collect.
The church of Christ is STILL MATCHING FORWARD ALL THE SAME . Hallelujah!!!

mastermaestro:

Most people will abuse you for this statement of fact. This is the exact reason why Nigeria is dying daily. People want to enjoy salaries, allowances and wages without being productive. How can a nation grow if its people don't add anything to it?

The Living Faith Church I know pays their pastors monthly salary. Does it mean that the said pastor wants to be getting paid for doing nothing? Free salary from headquarters accounts while you gallivant as a branch pastor with no fruits? He is a criminal! He needs to return what has been paid to him so far.

I like the way LFC has applied the law of redundancy. Whatever is not fruitful should be chopped off! People can cry blood for all I care. Sentiments don't achieve goals. And only a leader without set goals will condone unproductive subordinates.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
focus7:

From his story when did he battle tuberculous? His tuberculous experience was before he surged into ministry. Go and get his messages in 1993 till I left in 2002 to hear how he boast to the ignorant congregation of free illness while he goes for medical at the private hospital.
I heard , from one of is his own, that he claims to have been free from illness for a long time, a result of the 'anointing' he claims to be on him. So this isn't at all true? undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If true, It wouldn't be surprise because this is a sad but true reality of what the church has turn into these days.

Not much different from the world to whom the church was sent.

One man who I had great respect while growing up was Benson Idahosa. If I'd be honest, I respected him more than God. If God says a thing and he says something else, I would easily take what he says over that of God. So when I see many Christians do same today with their church leaders, i understand where they're coming from because i've been there and done that myself.

One day in late Nineties, a bishop in Idahosa's church, when there were just three of them, who was a family member lamented seriously about how it had become about how much money they brought to the headquarters in Benin City where Benson Idahosa was still in charge.

Although I wasn't yet saved at the time, I wasn't very comfortable with that news, as Benson Idahosa was a man i looked up to with great respect, and that didn't sound very nice in my ears.

It was clear that he had drifted from what he used to be, and began to chase the riches and things of this world which Jesus says chokes the Word and make it not to bear fruits to perfection in one's life.

It was that glaring that after his death his church made it a mandate to go back to their founding principles of evangelism being their supreme task.

So when i speak the way i do about the loss of focus of today's church leaders concerning the things of God, that they now prioritize the lesser things like tithing, I am not speaking because I just want to speak, but I know what I'm talking about.

It's the sad reality of what the church has become today.

I pray the church gets back to the ways of the early church where it was all about God.

God bless.
thunder loading. You elevate a man above God. You very stupid
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by focus7: 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I heard , from one of is his own, that he claims to have been free from illness for a long time, a result of the 'anointing' he claims to be on him. So this isn't at all true? undecided

My brother there are many falsehood from this man that if you hear you will find it hard to believe, I am privilege to get close to someone who married to his cousin and this opened me up to discover many lies he tells to the people. But it's alright because people will always like to be lied to.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by simhosting: 4:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ok

Life goes on
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by loliapoopy2013(f): 4:54pm On Jul 18, 2021
If it was Daddy Freeze that had mentioned this, most of our pastor worshipping believers would have called for his head. What's the difference between this and what he has been saying all this while?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Jdbrasco2: 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
Who still goes to Church?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Shelbyboss: 5:00pm On Jul 18, 2021
OtemAtum:
Business as usual as Jehovah their god remains caged in his spiritual cage. Eyes of the gullibles are opening daily.
look at this medman u are mentally sick

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Shelbyboss: 5:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
bamac:
You just boldy made incorrect statement my boss.

I am a winner too. Here, most of the branches, church pay the rent of the RP and the ARP, though from the area church or headquarters. No building behind the church for pastors. My own branch sef, we have been begging God to intervene in the completion of church building which has been left uncompleted for over 4 years.

And then, most of the new branches, they rent hall or the space they use, you can't expect those 10,000 churches to be build just like that when existings ones are yet to even be completed.

Are you sure it a living faith church cause our project doesn't take up to 8months
so u saying four year pleses syop lying
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Banker247: 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
This is why I dont like sitting close to babes in church programmes, they end up forcing me to give my hard earn kobo to those business men parading themselves as pastors.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by OLULAW: 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
If you never knew these pastors are running business pyramid scheme, and if under the guise of tithing, and after this disclosure, you still contribute your hard earn money to these scammers, then you’re forever foolish and stupid. By the way, all these jobless boys who overnight turned pastors and vicars or priests should go and find something better to do and stop being part of the pyramid scheme.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by hupernikao: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This particular story? I don't know but what I do know for a fact is that the Church that is Jesus Christ's is built by Jesus Christ whereas all your churches in the world are social clubs/business built by the hands of your pastors and Mogs who profit and benefit from them. undecided

They are nothing but "glorified" social businesses built and managed by the men whose kingdoms they expand here on earth. undecided

Exploring the issues at hand to make gain isnt smart enough.

I have told you severally, the church of Jesus is the gathering of believers, this is what the bible teaches, and that means you are presently in rebellion to God's will and purpose. It is shortsighted to think all churches are based on profit and benefit, to the end that you called it social business. It shows you even know little about the church of God and gathering of believers.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
focus7:

My brother there are many falsehood from this man that if you hear you will find it hard to believe, I am privilege to get close to someone who married to his cousin and this opened me up to discover many lies he tells to the people. But it's alright because people will always like to be lied to.
Wow undecided
I no envy people like you wey don see the behind of the chicken .. undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2021
hupernikao:

Exploring the issues at hand to make gain isnt smart enough.

I have told you severally, the church of Jesus is the gathering of believers, this is what the bible teaches, and that means you are presently in rebellion to God's will and purpose. It is shortsighted to think all churches are based on profit and benefit, to the end that you called it social business. It shows you even know little about the church of God and gathering of believers.
Get away with your silly " you have told mes" undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by bamac(m): 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
Shelbyboss:

Are you sure it a living faith church cause our project doesn't take up to 8months
so u saying four year pleses syop lying
You are telling me I am lying talking about my own church. This is something that brings me tears because I know how rich the commission is. Before we got keyboard we the choir had to raise half of the keyboard then beg the RP to help us speak with some church members. Our drumset now is something else and as it is, if we choir can not stand just like we did when we got keyboard of just 70k, no one nor the commission will rise to provide.

I know the headquarter may not be aware, but the corruption in area province and state church will not allow things to move.

The building contract was given to a pastor in state church, he was even trying to seduce the then RP to collect bribe.

Let me burst your bubble... Choir cannot use church petrol for rehearsal, the choir provides that ourselves when there was no response to our plea.

I wouldn't be saying all these if not for the incorrect statement.

I know LFC is rich, but many branches are really suffering, mine is a typical example.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by abidem4real: 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
AmandaTalks:
A pastor at Winners Chapel has cried out after he was sacked for not generating enough money in his branch.

According to the pastor, mr Peter Godwin, he was invited by the state pastor and getting there he met other pastors about 40 and they were all sacked over low income in their branches.

Watch the video below from 2.44 minutes as a Living Faith Church Pastor reveals how he was sacked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLhcBEjpwxg

Blogger, Maureen Badejo also talks about the sack too. Watch from 40 minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_IpH8dndJk
I don't want to believe this story is true oooo. If yes, then more women are into trouble because they are definitely going to be preys to those sacked pastors in the way of fake prophecies while trying to feed themselves
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Hallabee1(m): 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Sure, he is more for winning souls to fill the seats in his auditoriums, who then fill his coffers so he can build some more and expand his kingdom here on earth. undecided

Aje...

i no even belive you self
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hallabee1:

Aje...
i no even belive you self
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by hupernikao: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Get away with your silly " you have told mes" undecided

Havent i?
I have showed you that the local church is God's wisdom for a believer to grow and mature. It is the greatest of God's wisdom to rescue a believer from lions who teach against God's gathering.

I have told you many times here but you are rebellion to God's word.
What you are doing is called rebellion in the scriptures, no other way.

Trying to cover it wont solve the problem. You cant be using scriptures to your advantage and be on God's side.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
generationz:

Yawns

If you don't know churches are run as business centers, you are naive. Did Jesus have Ac and share flyers during his time? Where do you think the money to make the church look good, run the church effectively, pay workers and give to the poor comes from? From sand abi? grin

If it bothers you, pray in your house. Some of us have been doing that and it doesn't cost us one dime.
Such a lame excuse from an ITK who thinks she knows about what it takes to run a church than one of the first bishops of Church of God Mission, and also those in charge of the church who decided to retrace their steps back to their founding principles after his death.

Do not be surprised that the Truth and Words of the Spirit evokes yawns from you and makes you feel, being someone led of the flesh and the things of this world.

This wasn't meant for the carnally minded, who can't comprehend the things of the Spirit, but those who are born of the Spirit who can.

So next time, please kindly ignore.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Sanctecosma(m): 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
Before? How can you crumble someone's business and expect a pat on the back. Ina ayi ala? Inuru kai?
grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
Olatara:
Holy men?

sorry, i should have wrote "holy" men...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by chaloskyx: 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
IF THEY LIKE THEY SHOULD SACK THEM WETIN CONCERN ME ALL I KOW IS I ATTEND CHURCH BUT ONE NAIRA WOULD NOT GO TO THEM. ID RATHERE USE MY MONEY TO HELP MY FRIENDS AND FAMILIES IN NEED
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2021
chaloskyx:
IF THEY LIKE THEY SHOULD SACK THEM WETIN CONCERN ME ALL I KOW IS I ATTEND CHURCH BUT ONE NAIRA WOULD NOT GO TO THEM. ID RATHERE USE MY MONEY TO HELP MY FRIENDS AND FAMILIES IN NEED
The day dem go begin "catch" people like you ehn!. undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Tobechuckwu(m): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
Sunday2021:
you mean 40 of them?

Do u know how many Pastors they ordained yearly?
They just started over 10,000 new churches, nd one pastor for each.
What's 40 pastors among them.
If the 40 Pastors aren't following d guidelines of the ministry, who are they now leading.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Sunday2021: 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

Do u know how many Pastors they ordained yearly?
They just started over 10,000 new churches, nd one pastor for each.
What's 40 pastors among them.
If the 40 Pastors aren't following d guidelines of the ministry, who are they now leading.
now go back and read what the winners church said.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by notoriousbabe: 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
obonujoker:
Lies... I don't believe this.

I believe Oyedepo is more of winning souls rather than mundane things...

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Pastor TB Joshua Of Synagogue Church Of All Nations Is Dead / At Last, Linda Ngaujah Exposed! She Is An Agent Of Satan From The Pit Of Hell / Apostle Johnson Suleman Of Omega Fire Ministries Is A Spiritualist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.