Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,398 members, 7,978,265 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:14 AM

I Said "Church Growth" Not "Financial Growth" -sacked Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Said "Church Growth" Not "Financial Growth" -sacked Pastor (1037 Views)

What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus / The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) / How Church Growth And Business Boom Charm Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Said "Church Growth" Not "Financial Growth" -sacked Pastor by AmaraBea: 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
For those of you spreading rumors about living faith and money, please do yourself good by listening to the tape once again.

The sacked pastor has come outside to condemn in strong terms those who want to seize his situation to tarnish the image of the house of God and God's Apostle;
Our primary assignment as believers is to save souls and win them over to Christ, of what benefits will a pastor be if he doesn't win souls for Christ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Said "Church Growth" Not "Financial Growth" -sacked Pastor by Commentor: 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
Na the same thing na.

grin
Re: I Said "Church Growth" Not "Financial Growth" -sacked Pastor by Fahdiga(m): 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2021
Damage control
Re: I Said "Church Growth" Not "Financial Growth" -sacked Pastor by psychalade: 9:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
What is the meaning of church growth if not more worshipers = money.
surely it is not the building walls or the chairs that are expected to grow grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said "Church Growth" Not "Financial Growth" -sacked Pastor by Kobojunkiee: 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
AmaraBea:
For those of you spreading rumors about living faith and money, please do yourself good by listening to the tape once again.

The sacked pastor has come outside to condemn in strong terms those who want to seize his situation to tarnish the image of the house of God and God's Apostle;
Our primary assignment as believers is to save souls and win them over to Christ, of what benefits will a pastor be if he doesn't win souls for Christ?
So your assignment is to "win souls" by filling seats in your church auditoriums and this is measured in number of heads per service, offering and tithes, abi? undecided

Jesus Christ never told His disciples to "save" souls. The assignment Jesus Christ gave His followers is that they go Preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the world. He didn't ask anyone to grow His Church or His Kingdom. undecided

He didn't tell us to fill seats in auditoriums nor concerned ourselves with such things as church growth. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Said "Church Growth" Not "Financial Growth" -sacked Pastor by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
What's the difference?

None if you ask me.

Or are you saying you wouldn't be sacked if the membership was growing and not the finances?

If Jesus was a pastor in same church I bet He'd be sacked after many of church members (disciples) left Him, because that would be termed church decline, but wisdom is justified of her children.

Church growth ought to be based on the spiritual growth of believers not mere growth of numbers which could be very misleading.

How many were they at the beginning of the first church? But if you asked me, I'd take that church of few members a millions times over what you call church today despite the sheer numbers they have today, because church growth ought to be about quality not quantity.

God bless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said "Church Growth" Not "Financial Growth" -sacked Pastor by belovedsonofGod: 2:48am On Jul 19, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

Church growth ought to be based on the spiritual growth of believers not mere growth of numbers which could be very misleading.

I'd take that church of few members a million times over what you call church today despite the sheer numbers they have today because church growth ought to be about quality, not quantity.

Absolutely correct smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Said "Church Growth" Not "Financial Growth" -sacked Pastor by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:02am On Jul 19, 2021
Wait o! I thought Jesus said:

"For there are many invited, but few chosen" Matthew 22:14

Quantity and quality which matters most to Jesus? John 6:66-67

AmaraBea:

Re: I Said "Church Growth" Not "Financial Growth" -sacked Pastor by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 19, 2021
AmaraBea:

Where did you guys get this idea from that the assignment of a Christian is to save souls and win them? What power do you have to save souls?
Re: I Said "Church Growth" Not "Financial Growth" -sacked Pastor by AmaraBea: 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
Hear it from the horse's mouth

(1) (Reply)

Interfaith Marriage. / Did Jesus Truly Died To Save Everybody On Earth / Ramadan Surprise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.