Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,693 members, 7,965,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 05:24 PM

Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory (693 Views)

Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source / PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory / PMB, APC Taking Nigeria On New Path To Regain Lost Glory – Onu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by aloyemeka1: 12:49am On May 13, 2011
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
[size=14pt]Restoring Yoruba's lost glory[/size]

Agency Reporter

A group, The Yoruba Academy, has begun moves aimed at restoring the lost glory of the Yoruba race.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/may/11/823.html

The group on Tuesday in Ibadan, Oyo State capital, inaugurated a research team on regional integration with the mandate to identify and tackle challenges confronting regional integration in major sectors of the economy in the South West.

At the inauguration, the academy's Chairman, Governing Council, Prof. Wale Omole, charged its members to conduct research on the problems facing the identified sectors and fashion out a lasting solution to them.

Such solutions, he said, must be done in a way that will allow integration of the region for accelerated development.

"There is need for all Yoruba states to come together and develop their father land to what it used to be in the past.

"We have lost our old glory and there is high need to re-address all the challenges facing mankind," he observed
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by ektbear: 1:51am On May 13, 2011
Good goal.
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by EzeUche2(m): 1:57am On May 13, 2011
Their lost glory is being revived by ACN.
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by ektbear: 1:59am On May 13, 2011
^-- I think you are being hasty. Let's wait a couple years before we say that the ACN is the answer. For all we know, these guys (minus Fashola) might flop.

Fayemi looks like he is a performer, though
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by aloyemeka1: 1:59am On May 13, 2011
people sha. Has any AFRICAN tribe or ethnic group achieved glory before?. What glory was lost?. Chasing squirrels in the forest?
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by htajz: 2:02am On May 13, 2011
^^^^^

wetin be your own?no be you go find the thread post?
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by OAM4J: 2:55am On May 13, 2011
Lets wait and see what they'll come up with.
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by aloyemeka1: 3:00am On May 13, 2011
OAM4J:

Lets wait and see what they'll come up with.
You are waiting for them to define you for you and ascertain which aspects of your life achievements that should be glorified?.
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by OAM4J: 3:20am On May 13, 2011
aloy/emeka:

You are waiting for them to define you for you and ascertain which aspects of your life achievements that should be glorified?.

Are they defining pathway for individuals or for Yoruba nation/ Yoruba leaders?
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by aloyemeka1: 3:39am On May 13, 2011
OAM4J:

Are they defining pathway for individuals or for Yoruba nation/ Yoruba leaders? 

what is Yoruba nation?
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by OAM4J: 3:44am On May 13, 2011
aloy/emeka:

what is Yoruba nation?

Oodua nation, SW states, se you get it?
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by SEFAGO(m): 3:50am On May 13, 2011
Wow aloy emeka is such a bimbo

Thats how I like them

@Aloy
Whats your phone number, I wanna call you so that we can hangout and stuff.

I kind of think you are cute (Even though I havent seen u b4 grin)
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by aloyemeka1: 4:02am On May 13, 2011
SEFAGO:

Wow aloy emeka is such a bimbo

Thats how I like them

@Aloy
Whats your phone number, I wanna call you so that we can hangout and stuff.

I kind of think you are cute (Even though I havent seen u b4  grin)

Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by OAM4J: 4:05am On May 13, 2011
aloy/emeka:

You forgot to put 419 before d number
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by SEFAGO(m): 4:07am On May 13, 2011
aloy/emeka:

So you live in texas? Crazy girl I am sure you can ride me like a texan cowgirl. grin

Or is it in a different country? If so give me the country code.

I really wanna call and just chat with you. You seem like a cool person to talk to
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by EkoIle1: 4:09am On May 13, 2011
aloy/emeka:

people sha. Has any AFRICAN tribe or ethnic group achieved glory before?. What glory was lost?. Chasing squirrels in the forest?

This is a sad reflection of your vision less mentality and lack of purpose and direction in life.
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by aloyemeka1: 4:10am On May 13, 2011
SEFAGO:

So you live in texas? Crazy girl I am sure you can ride me like a texan cowgirl.  grin

Or is it in a different country? If so give me the country code.

I really wanna call and just chat with you. You seem like a cool person to talk to

Why not call the number I just gave you?. The country code is  01
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by SEFAGO(m): 4:20am On May 13, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Why not call the number I just gave you?. The country code is  01

Thanks darling. Will call you tomorrow. I kind of have work to do.
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by tpia5: 11:17am On May 13, 2011
The only thing yorubas and nigerians in general glory in now, is money and the number and types of women they can boast of having.

That's no way to build progress and i do wonder why other races who dont market themselves as studs, typically tend to do better.

Big mystery.

Anyway, not my problem.
Re: Restoring Yoruba's Lost Glory by aloyemeka1: 11:20am On May 13, 2011
SEFAGO:

Thanks darling. Will call you tomorrow. I kind of have work to do.

I thought you are unemployed?. Did Ohakim finally give you the job after snatching N10K from ya?

(1) (Reply)

Shocker: 48 Women Raped Every Hour In The Congo! / 10yr Old Girl Wins N1m On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire / Tinubu Has Done It Again!north Abandons Zoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.