Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,748 members, 7,875,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:59 PM

Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? (2445 Views)

Jibrin, Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others In Race For Speakership Position / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Tinubu Gave S’west Votes To Jonathan - Yinka Odumakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Chyz2: 3:33am On May 13, 2011
[size=15pt]Speakership: S’West Endorses Muraina, But Who is He?[/size]

13 May 2011

By Imam Imam in Lagos and Sheriff Adekunle in Abeokuta

The tricky nature of zoning reared its head Thursday as the South-west Caucus of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) endorsed relatively unknown Hon. Ajibola Saubana Muraina for the No. 4 position in Nigeria – the speakership.

But he will face the battle of his life as Northern lawmakers have resolved to ditch the zoning formula of the ruling party and present a candidate, while the aggrieved South-east zone, which initially wanted the position, has resolved to support whoever is presented by the Northern caucus.

The South-west caucus met at the residence of former President and Chairman of the party’s Board of Trustees (BoT), Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, in Abeokuta, Ogun State, and endorsed Muraina, following the decision of the PDP hierarchy to retain the position in the zone even though the party was roundly trounced in the South-west in the general election.

A source close to the meeting told THISDAY that Muraina, who represents Ibarapa Central/North, Oyo State federal constituency, was endorsed because of what they called the lawmaker’s “sterling qualities”.

According to source, “Having an experienced legislator like Muraina, lobbying and politicking will not be strange. He will not just be learning to climb the rope.”

The meeting had in attendance all former and outgoing governors of the South-west, except the Ogun State governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel.

Governor of Oyo State, Adebayo Alao-Akala and his deputy, Taofeek Arapaja; former governors Segun Agagu and Olagunsoye Oyinlola; the party’s governorship flag bearer in Ogun, Adetunji Olurin, his running mate, Tunde Oladunjoye;

and his Lagos State counterpart, Dr. Ade Dosunmu, were also in attendance

Others include the Ogun State Chairman of the Jonathan/ Sambo Campaign Organisation, Joju Fadairo; Director General, Segun Sowunmi; Chairman of Omo Ilu Foundation, Buruji Kashamu; former Lagos Deputy Governor, Rafiu Jafojo; Titilayo Ajanaku; and Dr. Femi Majekodunmi, among others.

Muraina, a second-term lawmaker, is a lawyer. Born in Igbo-Ora on September 1, 1963, Muraina had his primary education at the Ansur-ud-Deen Primary School, Igbo-Ora between 1971 and 1976, and studied at the Methodist Grammar School, Igboo-Ora between 1977 and 1981.

He bagged LL.B from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ille-Ife, in 1987 and attended the Nigerian Law School, Lagos. He also holds a Master’s at Law from the University of Abuja.

He was first elected into the House of Representatives in 2007. He served as Oyo State Legal Adviser to the defunct United Nigeria Congress Party (UNCP), All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and National Legal Adviser of United Nigeria Party ( UNP ) and was Chairman of Ibarapa Central Local Government between 2002 and 2003.

Meanwhile, as part of the calculation for the next dispensation, members-elect of the House of Representatives from the North have resolved to back a ranking member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Aminu Tambuwwal, for speakership.

Tambuwal, who is presently the Deputy Chief Whip of the House, represents Kebbe/ Tambuwal Federal Constituency of Sokoto State and has just been elected for a fourth term in the Green Chamber.

If the politicians go ahead with the plan to push for Tambuwal's candidature, the Northern lawmakers will be going against the leaders of the PDP whose enlarged national caucus Wednesday zoned the office of the Speaker to the South-west geo-political zone.

Speaking to THISDAY, a member of the House of Representatives said they had decided to proceed with the decision to produce the next speaker irrespective of the party's wishes because they believe as democrats, they should be allowed to decide who rules them.

The lawmaker said his colleagues from the North, who were sympathetic to the demands by the South-east to produce the next speaker, felt the party did not do justice by allocating the position to the South-west.

"The party's decision clearly showed that former President Olusegun Obasanjo used his influence to allocate the position to a region that did not support the PDP in the last elections. Many of them felt there was no point rewarding non-performance hence their decision to back Tambuwal for the top job," the lawmaker added.

A member representing Maradun/Bakura federal constituency of Zamfara State, Hon. Bello Matawalle, said what was of paramount concern to the lawmakers was to ensure unity, stability and progress of the House.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Nobody: 3:41am On May 13, 2011

But he will face the battle of his life as Northern lawmakers have resolved to ditch the zoning formula of the ruling party and present a candidate, while the aggrieved South-east zone, which initially wanted the position, has resolved to support whoever is presented by the Northern caucus.

Na real wa! Na so the thing pain SE reach?

All 98% votes for nothing.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Chyz2: 4:00am On May 13, 2011
This could be a good move to scuttle obasanjos doings of the sw retain speakership, if they support the northern candidate into the speakership position then decamp to APGA. It'll teach GJ and PDP a lesson, especially the non-northerners.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Nobody: 4:06am On May 13, 2011
My friend, dont SW anything beg.

Who in the SW really cares about this position except for PDP peeps like OBJ? This is power sharing center that has been there and will continue to be there. OBJ and his PDP are in control. SE knew that BEFORE they voted on 4/9, 4/16, and 4/26. But their ethnic bigoted attitude did them him. On 4/9 and 4/26, they voted PDP because they thought ACN was a Yoruba party. On 4/26, they voted massively for GEJ because he was from the SS (and SE, I suppose).

On 2015, I wonder who will vote for a SE (Igbo) president. SS will want to keep the seat, North and SW will join in. Another collaboration will form between the SW and North again. Simple as that.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by zstranger: 4:09am On May 13, 2011
Igbo people, jealous of the Yorubas, but utterly afraid and terrified of the Hausas.

I think the Yorubas should start a pogrom against these leeches in Lagos, so they can respect and fear us for the rest of their existence .

They wanted the speakership position at all cost until the North backed the SW, now they say they'd accept whatever the North wants.

Yorubas should learn a lesson from the Hausas. Lets wipe them off the SW landscape. They hate us so much, yet always eager to come to our lands for business. Why?
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by henry101(m): 4:18am On May 13, 2011
zstranger:

Igbo people, jealous of the Yorubas, but utterly afraid and terrified of the Hausas.

I think the Yorubas should start a pogrom against these leeches in Lagos, so they can respect and fear us for the rest of their existence .

They wanted the speakership position at all cost until the North backed the SW, now they say they'd accept whatever the North wants.

Yorubas should learn a lesson from the Hausas. Lets wipe them off the SW landscape. They hate us so much, yet always eager to come to our lands for business. Why?

I pray an Igbo boy should impregnate your daughter, Hahaha, Who will you kill? Your daughter, your grandchild or yourself?
You always act/type so silly and irrational.
Start the killing fool,
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Chyz2: 4:19am On May 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Who in the SW really cares about this position except for PDP peeps like OBJ? This is power sharing center that has been there and will continue to be there. OBJ and his PDP are in control. SE knew that BEFORE they voted on 4/9, 4/16, and 4/26. But their ethnic bigoted attitude did them him. On 4/9 and 4/26, they voted PDP because they thought ACN was a Yoruba party. On 4/26, they voted massively for GEJ because he was from the SS (and SE, I suppose).

On 2015, I wonder who will vote for a SE (Igbo) president. SS will want to keep the seat, North and SW will join in. Another collaboration will form between the SW and North again. Simple as that.

The way you write looks and sounds familiar. I'll just leave it at that. Anyway, back to your comment, ethnic bigoted attitude how? So because we didn't vote for ACN it makes us ethnic bigots? Bad logic. How about the candidates that PDP had to offer were better. Also, do keep in mind, SE PDP was not as bad as your PDP. Last time I heard Anambra and Imo booted PDP out of their states, so what are you talking about? . Also, was ethnicity the same reason why the SW voted for GEJ, or are you saying that it was rigged like you claim was done in the SE?

As for 2015, I'm not so into the whole Igbo presidency thingy. I'm more of the type that feels if the current president is getting things done, why can't he do another term. Another thing, Alliances will be built by all and any. I can tell you this, the Igbo presidential candidate will not run under PDP so thats not a problem.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Chyz2: 4:20am On May 13, 2011
henry101:

I pray an Igbo boy should impregnate your daughter, Hahaha, Who will you kill? Your daughter, your grandchild or yourself?
Start the killing fool,

dude, you still pay this guy mind?
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Obiagu1(m): 4:20am On May 13, 2011
henry101:

I pray an Igbo boy should impregnate your daughter,  Hahaha, Who will you kill? Your daughter, your grandchild or yourself?
Start the killing fool,

Hahaha, now you've made my day.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Nobody: 4:22am On May 13, 2011
Chyz*:

The way you write looks and sounds familiar. I'll just leave it at that. Anyway, back to your comment, ethnic bigoted attitude how? So because we didn't vote for ACN it makes us ethnic bigots? Bad logic. How about the candidates that PDP had to offer were better. Also, do keep in mind, SE PDP was not as bad as your PDP. Last time I heard Anambra and Imo booted PDP out of their states, so what are you talking about? . Also, was ethnicity the same reason why the SW voted for GEJ, or are you saying that it was rigged like you claim was done in the SE?

As for 2015, I'm not so into the whole Igbo presidency thingy. I'm more of the type that feels if the current president is getting things done, why can't he do another term. Another thing, Alliances will be built by all and any. I can tell you this, the Igbo presidential candidate will not run under PDP so thats not a problem.
From the beginning we've known the real motive that Igbos voted for GEJ. He was initially unlikable by Igbos, till he emphasized his middle name (Azikwe) to his SE brothers. The pressure Onaheze and Igbo politicians placed on GEJ for Speakership because of their massive votes for him was ridiculous and shameful to the Ndigbo!! SE assumed that since they voted for GEJ massively, they'll have a greater share of the national cake and have the ability to repress SW in the process.

I want every region to take these past few days/weeks moves seriously. An Igbo president will NOT be good for Nigeria. Too tribalistic for my liking/ obviously there will be a lot of cake sharing from what we've been reading.

Governorship candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in Enugu State in the April 2011 election, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, has described as appalling and shameful the differing opinions of the South-east governors, Ohanaeze and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over the sharing of political offices in the country.

Okechukwu told Daily Sun in Abuja on Tuesday that while some of the PDP leaders and Ohaneze were agitating for deputy Senate president, others were canvassing for speaker of the House of Representatives while some few going for Senate presidency without proper focus.

Okechukwu wondered how any right-thinking person could claim that the Secretary to the Government of the Federation was important when there is an “imperial” chief of staff of the president, adding that in politics, symbols sometimes became more important than substance.
Accordingly, he called on the South-east PDP Leaders, governors and Ohaneze in particular to humbly apologise to Ndigbo for having allocated five million votes to President Goodluck Jonathan without any firm promise or negotiation with him.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-665224.0.html

Let's venture into the mind of the regular Igbo politician, if not Igbo people persay: Obi and Dora (Queen of the Nights)

In his first post-election interview, senator-elect and former Governor of Anambra State, Dr. Chris Ngige described the negative campaign waged against him by the trio of Gov. Peter Obi, Mrs. Dora Akunyili and APGA chairman, Mr. Victor Umeh as vicious and hypocritical. Dr. Ngige took exception at the attempt by Gov. Obi and Dora Akunyili to paint his party, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) as a Yoruba party.

[size=18pt] “That was the level of pettiness the APGA people descended to,” Dr. Ngige said in an exclusive interview with www.Nigerianewsday.com. “Can you imagine a former Minister for Information who claimed to have “rebranded” Nigeria as a country of “good people and great nation” engaging in tribal politics? They fanned the embers of tribal and religious politics thinking that the people would be taken in by these sentiments. APGA, which they call Igbo party, has no structure in the neighboring Enugu, Ebonyi and Abia states.”

For the full interview, please visit: http://nigerianewsday.com/menu/columns/guest-of-the-week/169-obi-and-dora-tag-acn-qyoruba-partyq[/size]

Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Chyz2: 4:25am On May 13, 2011
^^^Now, lets get the actual article with both Obi and Aunty Dora saying "ACN is a Yoruba Party", even though,if they did say it, they are right.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Nobody: 4:30am On May 13, 2011
It got soooooooooooooooooooo bad that Ngige had to publicly announce that ACN was NOT  a Yoruba party.

[size=18pt]ACN not a Yoruba party, says Ngige
[/size]
From Chuks Collins, Awka

FORMER governor of Anambra State, Dr. Chris Ngige, has debunked insinuation in some quarters that the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) is a Yoruba party, saying its foundation and membership cuts across the country.

While dismissing speculation that he was planning to decamp to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ngige who was recently elected Senator for Anambra Central district on the platform of ACN, described the party as one of the future.

Speaking in a live television programme in Onitsha, Ngige said that as a founding member of the ACN, he would not contemplate leaving a party he founded, adding that the problem with many politicians is lack of patience to build their political parties.

"I am not crossing over to PDP because ACN is a party that has a bright future. It we do not form the Federal Government today, we will form it the next time. The important thing is that the party has moved from controlling only one state to controlling six and was able to make inroads in many others."

He promised to liaise with progressive senators to achieve many things for the people, including free education to the Nigerian children up to JSS3, expressing regret that people have been paying lip service to giving Nigerian children their right to free and qualitative educatio

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/may/3/4.html

Even the anti-ACN posts by SS/SE'ner on this thread was appaling, just because they believe ACN is a Nigerian party.

[size=18pt]We Must Keep ACN Out Of The South-South And South-East [/size]

Fellow Niger Deltans and igbo people it is with alarm that I HAVE watched the Yoruba party ACN attempting to use disgruntled people to penetrate our beloved regions.

I want to use this opportunity to call on all true sons and daughters of the SS and SE who are here in Nigeria to start a campaign to keep ACN out of our areas.

I am a democrat but this is Nigeria, we all know the Yoruba and Tinubu in particular. They should be content with the SW. We can not let them get a hold of our money in the SS and SE (THIS IS REALLY ALL THEY WANT).

They see us non Yoruba's as second class, how can you have a party that ab initio you can never be more than a follower? Look at Adams Oshiomole, no matter how hard he tries, he will never be more than support in ACN. They only want our money. We have performing people of our own in various parties, if you must support parties other than PDP, there are APGA, Labour, DPP etc.

In Akwa Ibom the natives have made peace, the Yoruba parasites have insisted that they want disharmony and want to contest the Guber election results, there may still be a chance for them to get their hands on an OIL PRODUCING STATE.

Please help us keep these ACN / Yoruba peeps out of the SS and SE.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-658521.0.html
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Chyz2: 4:36am On May 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

It got soooooooooooooooooooo bad that Ngige had to publicly announce that ACN was NOT  a Yoruba party.

Even the anti-ACN posts by SS/SE'ner on this thread was appaling, just because they believe ACN is a Nigerian party.

Ok, point made. Now, show me where Governor Obi and Aunty Dora said that "ACN is a yoruba party". One of your arguments was that are own politicians claimed ACN to be a yoruba party, abi? Now show the proof.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Nobody: 4:38am On May 13, 2011
Chyz*:

Ok, point made. Now, show me where Governor Obi and Aunty Dora said that "ACN is a yoruba party". One of your arguments was that are own politicians claimed ACN to be a yoruba party, abi? Now show the proof.
Then you need to read my post again and focus on the words, grammar and syntax for better understanding.

When you're done, get back to me.

Claim is not the same thing as Assumption.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Chyz2: 4:51am On May 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Then you need to read my post again and focus on the words, grammar and syntax for better understanding.

When you're done, get back to me.

Claim is not the same thing as Assumption.

Like I thought, you can find an article proving your CLAIM. You didn't assume anything, you CLAIMED. Orisirisi.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Nobody: 4:58am On May 13, 2011
Chyz*:

Like I thought, you can find an article proving your CLAIM. You didn't assume anything, you CLAIMED. Orisirisi.

Like you thought, you accused someone of grammar problem on another thread yet you're showcasing yours on this thread.

Where in my post did I say "claim"? Obviously you're dying to grap unto your last straw.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Chyz2: 5:03am On May 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Like you thought, you accused someone of grammar problem on another thread yet you're showcasing yours on this thread.

Where in my post did I say "claim"? Obviously you're dying to grap unto your last straw.

Amadioha ma gbukwe gi! So you went back and changed your write up,lol. I guess next time I'll make sure I capture what you write in quotes. Lesson learned,lol. I didn't know that my right ups and you trying to prove me wrong could get to you this much. Igbo Kwezuenu! cool
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Nobody: 5:04am On May 13, 2011
Chyz*:

Amadioha ma gbukwe gi! So you went back and changed your write up,lol. I guess next time I'll make sure I capture what you write in quotes. Lesson learned,lol. I didn't know that my right ups and you trying to prove me wrong could get to you this much. Igbo Kwezuenu! cool

That's right. Continue in Igbo. Ask Patience Gej to do the same, obviously y'all are having a lil problem in the [i]Engrish [/i]dept.  cool

Fashola prolly took pity on the Igbo beggars in Lagos. If he sends them back to Igboland, who knows when they'll be kidnapped for ransom money?
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Nobody: 5:06am On May 13, 2011
Point made:

Ileke-IdI:

Ileke-IdI:

From the beginning we've known the real motive that Igbos voted for GEJ. He was initially unlikable by Igbos, till he emphasized his middle name (Azikwe) to his SE brothers. The pressure Onaheze and Igbo politicians placed on GEJ for Speakership because of their massive votes for him was ridiculous and shameful to the Ndigbo!! SE assumed that since they voted for GEJ massively, they'll have a greater share of the national cake and have the ability to repress SW in the process.

I want every region to take these past few days/weeks moves seriously. An Igbo president will NOT be good for Nigeria. Too tribalistic for my liking/ obviously there will be a lot of cake sharing from what we've been reading.

Let's venture into the mind of the regular Igbo politician, if not Igbo people persay: Obi and Dora (Queen of the Nights)

Ileke-IdI:

Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Chyz2: 5:11am On May 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

That's right. Continue in Igbo. Ask Patience Gej to do the same, obviously y'all are having a lil problem in the [i]Engrish [/i]dept.  cool

Fashola prolly took pity on the Igbo beggars in Lagos. If he sends them back to Igboland, who knows when they'll be kidnapped for ransom money?

Actually I like Patience Jonathan's Igbo dialect. It's really different, although her Ijaw accent is hard to hide,lol.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Nobody: 5:12am On May 13, 2011
Chyz*:

Actually I like Patience Jonathan's Igbo dialect. It's really different, although her Ijaw accent is hard to hide,lol.

And I'm sure she and her husband love the Yoruba dialect/accent better. I mean, who is the speaker? grin
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by EkoIle1: 5:33am On May 13, 2011
Damn!!! See how Ileke IdI dey give this ibo boy back hand slap,

lol,
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by ektbear: 7:39am On May 13, 2011
Heh. We shall see. If they want to play this game, then the SE will never have anything of note in this country every again.

Two can play at this game.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by ektbear: 7:41am On May 13, 2011
Chyz*:

Others include the Ogun State Chairman of the Jonathan/ Sambo Campaign Organisation, Joju Fadairo; Director General, Segun Sowunmi; Chairman of Omo Ilu Foundation, Buruji Kashamu; former Lagos Deputy Governor, Rafiu Jafojo; Titilayo Ajanaku; and Dr. Femi Majekodunmi, among others.

Isn't Buriji Kashamu from the Benin Republic?  grin
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Lagosboy: 9:41am On May 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

Isn't Buriji Kashamu from the Benin Republic? grin

Esho Jinadu is from Benin repbulic and Buruju Kashamu from Ogun state grin grin grin
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by ektbear: 10:00am On May 13, 2011
Lagosboy:

Esho Jinadu is from Benin repbulic and Buruju Kashamu from Ogun state  grin   grin  grin

Lol smiley

Man, then nobody should cause problems for me if I get involved in politics in Yorubaland outside of my state of origin if you all will let a man from Benin Republic be prominent too  grin
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by nduchucks: 10:38am On May 13, 2011
GEJ destroyed the PDP zoning agreement to run for re-election while making enemies of some powerful Northerners. GEJ has also managed to anger the SE zone in the process.

The best bet for the SEers is to start now by forging meaningful alliances with the North - this will be their best hope of producing the next Vice President in 2015.

To tell you the truth, the SWers are positioning themselves to become completely (economically)independent from the Feds for the most part. It may not matter whether the president is from the SW in 2015 as long as the monthly allocation keeps flowing in.

The phrase Yoruba Ronu should more appropriately be replaced by Igbo Ronu. Ronu means think, in the Yoruba language.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by zstranger: 8:01pm On May 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lol smiley

Man, then nobody should cause problems for me if I get involved in politics in Yorubaland outside of my state of origin if you all will let a man from Benin Republic be prominent too  grin

Well it all depends on your "Chicago" connection.

Do drugs in Chicago and Yorubaland is all yours.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 13, 2011
Ibis are not smiling these days o.how can an ethnic group with a majority of the Nigeria population figure continue to be treated like a minority ? I would have disowned myself if I were ibo !
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by ezeagu(m): 8:10pm On May 13, 2011
~Bluetooth:

if I were ibo !

You're not, so get over it.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by Dede1(m): 9:17pm On May 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Na real wa! Na so the thing pain SE reach?

All 98% votes for nothing.

I know you are deficient in comprehension. If not, you would have understood that SE does not give a rat ars.e about nonsensical power structure of Nigeria.
Re: Speakership: S’west Endorses Muraina, But Who Is He? by EzeUche2(m): 9:23pm On May 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

GEJ destroyed the PDP zoning agreement to run for re-election while making enemies of some powerful Northerners. GEJ has also managed to anger the SE zone in the process.

The best bet for the SEers is to start now by forging meaningful alliances with the North - this will be their best hope of producing the next Vice President  in 2015.

To tell you the truth, the SWers are positioning themselves to become completely (economically)independent from the Feds for the most part. It may not matter whether the president is from the SW in 2015 as long as the monthly allocation keeps flowing in.

The phrase Yoruba Ronu should more appropriately be replaced by Igbo Ronu.  Ronu means think, in the Yoruba language.

Stop all this talk of 2015. We are worried about 2011. When 2015 happens, we shall field our own candidate.  angry

Until then, we shall join forces to shut OBJ's mouth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Abuja, Nigeria Police Headquarters / Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? / Army Soldiers Force Muslim To Drink Gutter Water Creates Problems In North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.