Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,458 members, 7,881,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 03:30 AM

5 Simple Steps For Starting A Successful Business Any Time And Anywhere - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Simple Steps For Starting A Successful Business Any Time And Anywhere (253 Views)

Attributes Of Successful Business Owners / Four Steps To Starting A Successful Business / Toyota Corola (2002 Model) For Taxi Business. Any Advice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Simple Steps For Starting A Successful Business Any Time And Anywhere by BrandBrainBox: 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
Below is my heartfelt advice for anyone looking to start a new business. Take time to read and digest it, and thank me later on when you see the result.

Follow these 5 simple steps to your stupendous success:

STEP 1
Don't be in a haste. Relax your mind completely. Go to a nice and quiet place ALONE and give yourself a little treat and RETREAT. I mean that you should spoil yourself but without spending too much.

Let everything you do at this step be geared towards helping you to relax COMPLETELY. If it means checking into a hotel room for a night in a veeeeery quiet neighborhood, please do.

STEP 2
Once your mind is fully relaxed, ask yourself ONE question: "What can I do for other people better than most people can?"

The thing you can do for others better than many may be due to your location, the kind of people you are connected with, your talent, or any other factor.

After asking the question, don't bother to answer it. Instead, just stay there as if you are a fool who doesn't care. In fact, try to forget about the question. Don't worry, "a time waster has his plans" as one saying puts it.
See what will happen...

Eventually, the answer to the question you asked yourself will come by itself from your subconscious mind. It may come now or later. It can even come while you are sleeping at night. And, blessed are you if an idea wakes you up in the middle of the night.

STEP 3
Once you get a clear answer to that question from inside your own HEART, you have discovered a big treasure. The next step is to sit down and prepare a fully detailed business plan. Very very important. Your business plan must be based on the answer you got to the above question.

I used to think that a business plan was only a document used to convince investors. But no.

Instead, from my experience writing business plans, I discovered that its main use is to guide YOU (the business owner) through the steps to follow, everything to expect along the way, and how to approach it.

A good business plan is a road map. It helps you to see the business 'road' you are about to travel before you actually go through it. So, it saves you from a lot of shocks.

Therefore, I advise you to pay your business plan every attention you can muster. If you need someone to assist, don't be ashamed to seek assistance. It may be that you don't have the time or the skill. Well, no one has it all and no one is an island as we all know.

I tell you,
whatever time or resource you spend preparing your business plan is the best investment you will ever make into that business. See why: Eventually, that time investment is what will save you huge amounts of money, time, embarrassment and so much more.

That's why I take time brainstorming with my business plan clients face to face or on Whatsapp before I think about writing even ONE word.

THE RULE: A good business plan shouldn't be much volume. It should be much substance and simple to read through.

STEP 4
Once your business plan is ready, go for a second retreat where you read through it little by little (not as if you are preparing for an exam but as if you are playing a game). Again, you can check into a quiet hotel room for a day in order to do this - in case you might be distracted at home.

STEP 5
Start implementing the business plan. In doing so, put service ahead of money. I have a saying which I plagiarized from Jesus Christ: "Seek first to serve and much money will be added unto you without struggling". It's what I call the Google Inc Secret and which I wrote about on this thread.

Feel free to air your views on this or ask me questions. If you prefer to talk with me privately, you can get my contact info in my profile. It's my great passion to help businesses succeed.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Simple Steps For Starting A Successful Business Any Time And Anywhere by SavageResponse(m): 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2021
Also make sure you have an idea of how the business you want to start works

(1) (Reply)

Hire An Ebook Writer!!! / 15, 20, 30 Tons Covered Body Trucks Needed / Led By Softbank, Nigeria’s Opay Raises $400m At $2bn Valuation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.