Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,441 members, 7,881,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:47 AM

Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony (36401 Views)

Beijing Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony In Pictures / Team Nigeria At The 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony / The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by marvin906(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2021
MJBOLT:
Nigeria undecided how??

Nigeria has the financial capacity to fund it..
At the present no

1 Like

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
I will be there on WEDNESDAY Live..
Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by ofiko123(m): 6:38pm On Jul 23, 2021
Afonjashapmouth:
Like it or not the Asians are the best architecturally

I am telling you...
Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by Teejay13(m): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
Wow, what an amazing opening ceremony.

J
Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by samwash(m): 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
Rabat
Algiers
Cairo
Even Accra

Broda pls remove Accra from there, I don't see any West Africa cities doing that.
Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by iamtardey: 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
They should cancel it fr... COVID-19 is fucking it up already though
Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by modsfucker: 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2021
WarriAproko:
after we finish paying our dept

You mean department?

1 Like

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by samwash(m): 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2021
NewDelhi:

Do you know what it takes and the facilities you need to host an Olympic ? Some of you just run your mouth. The host for 2032 has already been decided. Nigeria wouldn't have been better that it's current state by then.

Don't mind this pple, they don't kwn the kind of money & economical strength to host an event like the Olympics.
The next Olympics will be hold in Paris in 2024
Then the next will be in Los Angeles in 2028
While Brisbane in Australia host in 2032 which was unveiled few wks back.
You see the time of preparations not the fire brigade approach mentality of Nigeria government.
In all this cities hosting the Olympics, me & you know were they are located & the economical strength, science & technological advancement of those countries presently.

1 Like

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by niyidenrele: 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Remember it's just a city.

Yeah
What of J'burg in South Africa
Marakesh in Morocco
Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by WarriAproko: 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2021
modsfucker:

You mean department?
i mean all d loans Nigeria have been collecting
Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by Shattuck(m): 9:23pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
Rabat
Algiers
Cairo
Maybe Accra
just list is funny, Accra, Cairo doesn't even have modern facilities, I'll pick cape town, what exactly does Accra have? Nothing that meets the standard.

1 Like

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by modsfucker: 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2021
WarriAproko:
i mean all d loans Nigeria have been collecting

Then that's debt not dept.

1 Like

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by Crofton: 10:23pm On Jul 23, 2021
theTranscriber:
You are the one running your mouth without thinking
what exactly is wrong with you guys? undecided What rubbish is this? undecided Are you normal?
Nairalanders please is this guy normal?
But what he said is true, Nigeria isn't showing any sign of progress .
Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by theTranscriber: 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2021
Crofton:

But what he said is true, Nigeria isn't showing any sign of progress .

Imagine the kinda negativity coming from youths!
Imagine saying Nigeria will be the same in 11 years to this time!

If the Chinese thought like you guys are
Will the country amount to anything now?

No matter what happens this is your land!
You have to keep fighting
Negative thoughts breed backwardness!

1 Like

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by theTranscriber: 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
TMKsouth:

Japanese ancient culture doesn't excite me much, although I have nothing against them. I expected them to push the limits given their technological prowess, but it was same-old, same-old.

I watched til South Africa came out and it was team 197 shocked No appetite to watch further after that judging from what I saw in the beginning. Yawn!
What more tech did you expect?
About 2000 drones
Superb fireworks
Superb lightning of Tokyo

Too much of anything is trash

I believe Nigeria will get to the level of Japan in the next 50 years
Pray with me
Africa will rise again!

2 Likes

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by justicechichex: 11:26pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
Rabat
Algiers
Cairo
Maybe Accra

Just remove Accra from there..
Add Jo'burg, Durban..

1 Like

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by peacefull(f): 1:46am On Jul 24, 2021
Tonytonex:
Thank you Op. It's beautiful. I couldn't watch it. Are people protesting for it not to go on? I saw some placards.

They are left-wing.
Always doing like that.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by peacefull(f): 1:50am On Jul 24, 2021
theTranscriber:
it's was very interesting

I love the way they showcased their culture

Very interesting!!
I had so much fun(*≧∀≦*)♪

1 Like

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by theTranscriber: 2:43am On Jul 24, 2021
peacefull:

Very interesting!!
I had so much fun(*≧∀≦*)♪
Why won't you
You're Japanese
I love Japanese culture and cuisine
Nice
I look forward to visiting one day! smiley

1 Like

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by peacefull(f): 2:57am On Jul 24, 2021
theTranscriber:

Why won't you
You're Japanese
I love Japanese culture and cuisine
Nice
I look forward to visiting one day! smiley

Thank you so much! I appreciate you!!
I'm so happy to hear that you love Japanese culture and cuisine!!
I really appreciate you!!

2 Likes

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by AfriqueDuZuid: 8:03am On Jul 24, 2021
naijaman2225:

THEY CAN'T... NOT EVEN SOUTH AFRICA.

South Africa can but it is not interested

The FIFA worlf cup is richer than Olympics, on a finincial point of view hosting the Olympics is not worth it. That's why cities have been pulling out of hosting race.

Olympics is hosted in one city, while fifa is multiple cities. I mean come on

1 Like

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by Aduroja123(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

of?

[I]You know nah, that is the trend of our govt. They are not always aware of any thing. grin grin grin[/I]
Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by Craggybogg: 11:07am On Jul 24, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
I can't help but wonder if any african city can host the Olympics comfortably

South Africa can do this comfortably, they've hosted one of the most interesting world cups before

1 Like

Re: Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony by OJ111(m): 11:40am On Jul 24, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zidane Set To Make First Signing As Real Madrid Agrees €50m Deal / Manchester United Fans Protest On Pitch At Old Trafford Stadium (Photos, Video) / Serena Williams In Tears After Injury In Rogers Cup Final, Touching (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.