Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,842 members, 7,927,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 03:10 PM

Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? (8287 Views)

Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims / Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies / Maryam Ahmad Gumi Dies! Sheikh Gumi Losses Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by Abdoolbuster: 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
Seun:

Sheikh Bello Yabo called for Muslims to kill any person who blasphemes against the Holy prophet. Even if she is a Muslim who has repented of the blasphemy, he says that you must kill her, not to mention if she is a Christian. If she is arrested by the authorities, imprisoned for a while and then released, you should still kill her after she has been released. Do you support or condemn this teaching by the Sheikh?

For me as a humanist, this is the most evil teaching I have ever read in my life, so I want to challenge Muslims on Nairaland to condemn it.
Sheikh Bello is only following Allah through Muhammad, unless you are calling on Muslims to stop following the introduction of Allah and Muhammad. Every Muslim is expected to follow the Qur'an and Muhammad acts

We have sent you bearing witness, bringing good news, and warning so that you might all believe in Allah and His Messenger as well as honor, respect, and glorify Him in the morning and the evening. Those who pledge their allegiance to you pledge allegiance to Allah. Allah`s hand is over their hands. Those who break their pledge only break it against themselves. But as for those who fulfill the contract they have made with Allah, We will give them an immense reward. (Surat al-Fath: 8-10)

[The believers are] those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find written down with them in the Torah and the Gospel, commanding them to do right and forbidding them to do wrong, making good things lawful for them and bad things forbidden for them, relieving them of their heavy loads and the chains that were around them. Those who believe in him, honor and help him, and follow the Light that has been sent down with him are successful. (Surat al-A`raf: 157)

You should accept whatever the Messenger gives you and abandon whatever he tells you to abandon. Have taqwa of Allah... (Surat al-Hashr: 7)

O you who believe, obey Allah, the Messenger, and those in command among you. If you disagree about something, refer it back to Allah and the Messenger, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best thing to do and gives the best result. (Surat an-Nisa`: 59)

No, by your Lord, they are not believers until they make you their judge in the disputes that break out between them and then do not resist what you decide and submit themselves [to you] completely. (Surat an-Nisa`: 65)

When Allah and His Messenger have decided something, no believing man or woman has a choice about [following or not following] it. Anyone who disobeys Allah and His Messenger is clearly misguided. (Surat al-Ahzab: 36)

But if anyone opposes the Messenger after the guidance has become clear to him, and follows a path other than that of the believers, We will hand him over to whatever he has turned to, and We will roast him in Hell. What an evil destination! (Surat an-Nisa`: 115)

If you don't obey Muhammad Allah will punish you o

2 Likes

Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by HardMirror(m): 1:07pm On Aug 03, 2021
Seun:

Sheikh Bello Yabo called for Muslims to kill any person who blasphemes against the Holy prophet. Even if she is a Muslim who has repented of the blasphemy, he says that you must kill her, not to mention if she is a Christian. If she is arrested by the authorities, imprisoned for a while and then released, you should still kill her after she has been released. Do you support or condemn this teaching by the Sheikh?

For me as a humanist, this is the most evil teaching I have ever read in my life, so I want to challenge Muslims on Nairaland to condemn it.
great topic here Seun wee need more of this please
Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by HardMirror(m): 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2021
Zaxbash1:
Yes...I support hello yabo 10000000000000000% if anyone if anyone walahy talalhi even for joking sake Abuse prophet Muhammad S.A.W I swear I will kill him
so you cannot allow God fight for his servant or does Your Almighty God need an insignificant human (all humans are too little and insignificant compared to God, isnt it?) to fight for him

6 Likes

Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by HardMirror(m): 1:13pm On Aug 03, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

Sheikh Bello is only following Allah through Muhammad, unless you are calling on Muslims to stop following the introduction of Allah and Muhammad. Every Muslim is expected to follow the Qur'an and Muhammad acts

We have sent you bearing witness, bringing good news, and warning so that you might all believe in Allah and His Messenger as well as honor, respect, and glorify Him in the morning and the evening. Those who pledge their allegiance to you pledge allegiance to Allah. Allah`s hand is over their hands. Those who break their pledge only break it against themselves. But as for those who fulfill the contract they have made with Allah, We will give them an immense reward. (Surat al-Fath: 8-10)

[The believers are] those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find written down with them in the Torah and the Gospel, commanding them to do right and forbidding them to do wrong, making good things lawful for them and bad things forbidden for them, relieving them of their heavy loads and the chains that were around them. Those who believe in him, honor and help him, and follow the Light that has been sent down with him are successful. (Surat al-A`raf: 157)

You should accept whatever the Messenger gives you and abandon whatever he tells you to abandon. Have taqwa of Allah... (Surat al-Hashr: 7)

O you who believe, obey Allah, the Messenger, and those in command among you. If you disagree about something, refer it back to Allah and the Messenger, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best thing to do and gives the best result. (Surat an-Nisa`: 59)

No, by your Lord, they are not believers until they make you their judge in the disputes that break out between them and then do not resist what you decide and submit themselves [to you] completely. (Surat an-Nisa`: 65)

When Allah and His Messenger have decided something, no believing man or woman has a choice about [following or not following] it. Anyone who disobeys Allah and His Messenger is clearly misguided. (Surat al-Ahzab: 36)

But if anyone opposes the Messenger after the guidance has become clear to him, and follows a path other than that of the believers, We will hand him over to whatever he has turned to, and We will roast him in Hell. What an evil destination! (Surat an-Nisa`: 115)

If you don't obey Muhammad Allah will punish you o
Did God tell you all these directly? why should a mare human like you want to assume you can fight for a Mighty God?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by Zaxbash1: 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2021
HardMirror:
so you cannot allow God fight for his servant or does Your Almighty God need an insignificant human (all humans are too little and insignificant compared to God, isnt it?) to fight for him
John 14v26,John 16-26 read it loud...both content and context then come back here
Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by HardMirror(m): 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2021
Zaxbash1:
John 14v26,John 16-26 read it loud...both content and context then come back here
not interested in any God that cannot fight for himself.

1 Like

Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by Zaxbash1: 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2021
HardMirror:
not interested in any God that cannot fight for himself.
I see the wan way pain me Na him picking way Dey kill ...come still crucify him
Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by kkins25(m): 4:16pm On Aug 03, 2021
condemn ke? when it happens they will keep kwayet. LUCIFER EFFECT.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by Dobes1: 1:41am On Aug 10, 2021
Hi @seun I’d like you to please help me remove my email from one of my old post from 2013. I don’t mind if you charge me to remove it. I want the whole post taken down and my email removed too. Please I need you to help me do this.

Dobes1
Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by LordPherule(m): 11:55am On Aug 13, 2021
Seun:

Sheikh Bello Yabo called for Muslims to kill any person who blasphemes against the Holy prophet. Even if she is a Muslim who has repented of the blasphemy, he says that you must kill her, not to mention if she is a Christian. If she is arrested by the authorities, imprisoned for a while, and then released, you should still kill her after she has been released. Do you support or condemn this teaching by the Sheikh?

I totally condemned the teaching... The Prophet (S.A.W.) can not teach such when in his lifetime. He taught us in the Holy book to be nice to humanity. The killing of 1 human being is equivalent to the killing of the whole human race.

Not all those scholars or sheikh should be taken serious, especially those from the Northern parts, they are bigots, and fanatics, lunatics indeed.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by LordPherule(m): 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
2dominate:
Of course this kind of incitement should be punished, he can't link his statement to the Quran. He is speaking for himself and his followers alone.

Thanks, wish they can understand!
Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by true2god: 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2021
LordPherule:

I totally condemned the teaching... The Prophet (S.A.W.) can not teach such when in his lifetime. He taught us in the Holy book to be nice to humanity. The killing of 1 human being is equivalent to the killing of the whole human race.

Not all those scholars or sheikh should be taken serious, especially those from the Northern parts, they are bigots, and fanatics, lunatics indeed.
What crimes did the Christians and Jews commit against Muhammad before he commanded you to hate them?

Did he make attempt to make peace with them?

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads force him to go to the narrowest part of it.
Sahih muslim 2167a

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: That the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: If I live - if Allah wills - I will expel the Jews and the Christians from the Arabian Peninsula.
Jami at-tirmidhi 1606

Jabir bin ‘Abd Allah said that he was told by ‘Umar bin Al Khattab that he heard the Apostle of Allaah(ﷺ) say “I will certainly expel the Jews and the Christians from Arabia and I shall leave only Muslims in it.”
-Sunan Abi Dawud 3030

1 Like

Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by Seun(m): 1:29pm On Aug 13, 2021
true2god:

Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads force him to go to the narrowest part of it.
Sahih muslim 2167a
How do you know that Abu wasn't lying because he hated Jews. The majority of hadiths were acknowledged by scholars as fake. Maybe this one was fake too but the scholars' hatred for Jews made them accept it.

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: That the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: If I live - if Allah wills - I will expel the Jews and the Christians from the Arabian Peninsula.
Jami at-tirmidhi 1606
This was never claimed to be a message from God.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by true2god: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2021
Seun:
How do you know that Abu wasn't lying because he hated Jews. The majority of hadiths were acknowledged by scholars as fake. Maybe this one was fake too but the scholars' hatred for Jews made them accept it.
This hadith is graded 'sahih', that is authentic by the Muslim scholars.

Seun:
This was never claimed to be a message from God.
According to muslims, Mohammed had always been 'messenger of allah'.

1 Like

Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by Seun(m): 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2021
true2god:
This hadith is graded 'sahih', that is authentic by the Muslim scholars.
The Muslim scholars who graded it sahih were not prophets. They may have been misled as a result of their intense hatred for Jews and Christians.

According to muslims, Mohammed had always been 'messenger of allah'.
It wasn't a divine revelation or an instruction.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by HardMirror(m): 9:03am On Aug 14, 2021
true2god:
What crimes did the Christians and Jews commit against Muhammad before he commanded you to hate them?

Did he make attempt to make peace with them?

Sahih muslim 2167a

Jami at-tirmidhi 1606

Jabir bin ‘Abd Allah said that he was told by ‘Umar bin Al Khattab that he heard the Apostle of Allaah(ﷺ) say “I will certainly expel the Jews and the Christians from Arabia and I shall leave only Muslims in it.”
-Sunan Abi Dawud 3030
lol
Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by Hendtime: 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2021
Zaxbash1:
Go ahead and tell us the context and content
Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by eddyroyal(m): 8:28am On Sep 03, 2021
2dominate:

Shut up, your people are violent not islam.

So the Afghan Talibans are northern Nigerians but not Muslims?

1 Like

Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by 2dominate: 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2021
eddyroyal:

So the Afghan Talibans are northern Nigerians but not Muslims?
Are the Talibans the only muslims in Afghanistan and the remaining citizens are your brothers?
You have to stop this your unwarranted bias.
Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by motayoayinde: 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2021
BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE PROPHET WAS NOT PUNISHED BY THE PROPHET (saw) HIMSELF IN HIS LIFETIME.

THERE ARE SEVERAL INSTANCES IN WHICH THE PROPHET PREVENTED HIS COMPANIONS FROM HURTING THOSE WHO OPENLY OPPOSED OR INSULTED HIM.
PUNISHMENT FOR BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE PROPHET WAS DEVELOPED BY THE JURISTIC SCHOOLS MUCH AFTER THE PROPHET.

BLASPHEMY AGAINST ALLAH IS ALSO A VERY SERIOUS AND PUNISHABLE OFFENCE IN ISLAM.

IN ANY OF THE TWO CASES HOWEVER, A RIGOROUS PROCESS IF FOLLOWED BEFORE PUNISHMENT IS METED.

IN BRIEF,
THE OFFENDER IS REPORTED TO THE AUTHORITIES (not mobbed),

THE OFFENDER IS EXAMINED AS TO THE STATE OF HIS/HER MENTAL HEALTH,

IF THE OFFENDER IS FOUND TO BE OF SOUND MENTAL HEALTH, HE'S ADVISED TO RECONSIDER OR RETRACT HIS STATEMENT/ACTION WITHIN A SPECIFIED TIME FRAME,

CLERICS, FAMILY, OTHERS ARE INVITED TO TRY TO TALK HIM OUT OF THIS COURSE OF ACTION AND TO CLEARLY SPELL OUT THE CONSEQUENCES OF NOT BACKING DOWN,

IF AFTER ALL THESE, THE OFFENDER NEITHER SHOWS REMORSE NOR BACKS DOWN, THEN A SHARIAH COURT PRONOUNCES THE SENTENCE. WHICH IN MOST CASES COULD BE THE DEATH PENALTY.

THEREAFTER, THE RULER IS INFORMED OF THE JUDGEMENT FOR EXECUTION.

IN MANY INSTANCES, THE MUSLIM RULER HAS ALSO INTERVENED BY GIVING THE OFFENDER OTHER OPTIONS TO AVERT OR LESSEN THE PUNISHMENT.

A GOOD EXAMPLE WAS WHEN THE RULER OF SHAM (SYRIA, LEBANON AND JORDAN) AT THE TIME OF IBN TAIMIYYA, ADVISED A CHRISTIAN CLERIC TO CONVERT TO ISLAM (which he did) TO AVOID BEING KILLED AFTER HE BLASPHEMED AGAINST THE PROPHET.

NOTE:
ALL OF THESE MUST HAPPEN IN AN ISLAMIC STATE, WHERE THE PENAL CODE IS THE SHARIAH AND WHERE BLASPHEMY IS A SERIOUS OFFENCE.

AGAIN, EXECUTION OF THE OFFENDER MUST BE APPROVED ONLY BY THE RULER OF THE ISLAMIC STATE, NOT ANYONE ELSE.

SO, NOW WE CAN JUXTAPOSE ALL OF THESE WITH THE SOKOTO INCIDENT TO KNOW THE TRUTH.

IN A NUTSHELL, WHILE THE SOKOTO IMAM ERRED IN MANY WAYS, PEOPLE SHOULD LEARN TO RESPECT WHAT OTHERS HOLD DEAR.
Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by IMAliyu(m): 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2021
Unfortunately majority of Northern Muslims actively support this. Anyone that doesn't is more likely to keep quiet as they would be the minority and could face prosecution for it, speaking from personal experience.

I would like to personally condemn this barbaric and evil behaviour, but I've already been disillusioned to belief and religion in general, I don't think I'd consider myself anything more than a nominal Muslim at this point.

1 Like

Re: Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? by Ubasolomon: 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2021
Hello Suen,
I have a deal from Bet9ja for you..
The deal is worth $$$
I wish you reply..
So i can tell you more.

Thanks

Ubasolomon01@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages / Bilal The Blackman Was Never Set Free By Prophet Muhammad / Listening To Music In Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.