Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,614 members, 7,917,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:34 PM

Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) (33525 Views)

Truck Crushes Two Commercial Buses In Onitsha, Many Feared Dead (Photos) / Accident On Benin Ekpoma-Auchi Road: 2 Children, 6 Others Dead (Disturbing Pix) / Man Playing With Cobras At Kano Motor Park (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by rummmy: 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Are you this naturally senseless or you just deliberately chose to be? undecided
We dey talk about people wey lost their lives,you dey here dey convert am into tribalism undecided
what concerns me?
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2021
18 ppl inside wagon
Why dem no go choke the driver
Driver no go even get space turn steering wheel sef

1 Like

Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by AeroplaneApple: 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2021
M
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by dejavubobo1(m): 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2021
Horror
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by OdefaGirl(f): 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2021
Zeezy81:
18 persons in 1sharan?

This one tire me oooo. 18 people in Sharan, how manage?
Highest, 10 seaters
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by Moneyboyz: 12:52pm On Jul 26, 2021
thaoriginator:
It has been like that even before Buhari.... Africa we need to wake up!

It doesn't matter brother, lives/standard of living are expected to get better not worse.

1 Like

Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by billyG(m): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2021
Hmm!Those fepple drives like a bat running out of hell!/Frsc no dey north oo!d crowd is too much na.
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by dadabashua1(m): 12:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
daddytime:

In fact...

If you see these abokis dey fire this Sharan and Golf dey overtake better machines ehn..you go just weak begin wonder whether na suicide bombers dey the steering.
I swear, no matter the kind of car you are driving they will give you a run for your money,the over speeding is just too much,and the Sharon and golf is the main cars used in the north for transportation
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by Kandeed: 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2021
Omicron007:
grin grin grin grin grin;

May the souls of the deceased find peace in the great beyond. It won't be a nice experience to suffer in this failed country and still suffer thereafter.

Meanwhile, there are some takeaways from this ugly incident:
•These people have lost their lives because some politicians sat over the funds meant for the road and the bridge. They either used substandard materials for the bridge or poor maintenance of the bridge over time causing the bridge to collapse.

•The driver might have been on high speed. Most of these northern drivers always over speed. They use their Golf, Ford Galaxy or Sharon to overtake 4matic and V8 Engine cars on the road. If you have ever plied the Jos- Gombe highway or the Abuja - Kaduna expressway, you will confirm my assertion. They drive more than 160km/hr. Let me not talk of Hiace Bus drivers. Gombe Line, Gombawa Motors, Borno Express, Adamawa Shuttle, Plateau Riders, Taraba State Transport Corporation, Kano Line etc are notorious for over speeding and reckless driving.

•Over loading of vehicles is another possible cause. Imagine this Sharon with 18 passengers. How will the driver be comfortable?

I don see that Gombe line and Adamawa sunshine bfr....omo the way those folks were over speeding ehn. fear catch me
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by thaoriginator: 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2021
Moneyboyz:

It doesn't matter brother, lives/standard of living are expected to get better not worse.
I agree. A very long way to go brother. Yet these leaders ain't even doing nothing about anything. It's sad cry
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by Aganju849: 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2021
How did eighteen people fit into that small bus?
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by jesmond3945: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2021
Insidenaija:
18 persons including six members of a family have perished in a ghastly car accident in Doguwa Local Government Area of Kano State, Newspremises reports.

The accident involving a blue Volkswagen Sharon station wagon happened along Gadar Shiburu Riruwai-Doguwa road on Friday, July 23.

The Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Kano State, Zubairu Mato, said the accident occurred when a bridge linking Riruwai and Doguwa broke down as a result of the heavy rainfall.

He explained that the vehicle plunged into the water, killing all the 18 passengers on board including six members of same family.

The family members have been identified as Malam Bashir Doguwa, Malami Gidan Tanimu Doguwu, Safiya Mukhtar Doguwu, Shashida Bashir me goro Doguwu, Fatima rabi u me goro Doguwu, Uzairu Bashir me goro Doguwu, all of Doguwa Local Government Area of Kano State.

Malam Bashir Doguwa and his family were on their way from Doguwa to First Lady Secondary School in Dambatta Local Government Area of the state to visit his daughter, Firdausi Bashir, who is among the students writing the ongoing NECO SSCE examinations.

An eye witness had told Daily Trust that the accident was a result of a broken bridge due to the heavy downpour as the driver wasn’t aware that the bridge had broken down.

He added that before the driver could manoeuvre the vehicle it was too late and he plunged into the water, killing the passengers on board.

All the dead have been buried according to Islamic rite on Saturday.

Meanwhile, the Kano State Commissioner of Education, Malam Muhammad Sanusi Sa'id Kiru, has condoled with the family of the deceased.

The Commissioner described the death of the Doguwa family as a collosal loss not only to the people of Doguwa Local Government but to the state in general.

He then on behalf of the Kano state government and the entire staff of the Ministry of Education extends his heart felt condolences to the immediate families of the deceased, people of Doguwa Local Government and Kano state in General.

The Commissioner prayed for Allah to grant the deceased Aljannatul Firdaus as well as the fortitude of the family to bear the irreparable loss.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/six-family-members-12-others-killed-in-kano-motor-accident/
when you ask them the reason why they would say is allah, does this look like Allah to you?
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by Cashewman: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2021
May Almighty Allah forgive their shortcomings............
So terrible to....bear......as for the sux members from one family lipsrsealed
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by Fremantle: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2021
Zeezy81:
18 persons in 1sharan?
When it comes to transportation, those Northerners can manage....
I happened to witness where a vehicle (Toyota hiace) that was going to Kano was loading.

That Hiace was a 14 seater bus but what that bus took that day was more than the 14, almost 20 persons boarded that bus.

And I wonder, how comfortable will that journey be.
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by Saintfrancis82(m): 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2021
RIP
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by Unbreakable007: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2021
Sharon na 18 sitters vehicle.
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by Kokaine(m): 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2021
death cuts across all ages.
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by Geeman2006: 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2021
rummmy:
I thought Kano is eldarado.
Can't believe this picture is that of Kano arrewa guy is showcasing.

You just had to show yourself undecided
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by rummmy: 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2021
Geeman2006:

You just had to show yourself undecided
I should be showing you?
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by Fantus(m): 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2021
Zeezy81:
18 persons in 1sharan?
No be even Sharon as they are saying, na golf3 wagon.
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2021
RIP to them all May God be with the remaining survivor Looking at the pictures looks like it was struck at the side of if it was raining then it won’t be a steep drop down it would just enter but at the side you have An area where it looks like it was hit. That is what would flip a car over it lost a tire on the road at the point of impact or it broke down tire removed and was hit
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by Jeetech01(m): 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2021
Oh my God; this is a very sad one for their family members.

I feel like shading tears.

This life is not balance.

Imagine how human being after years of passing through the struggles of life suddenly will just die out of nothing.

God forbid. Untimely death shall not be our portion, amen
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by Sirco: 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2021
انا لله و انا اليه راجعون. اللهم اغفر لهم وارحمهم
Re: Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) by McCoy662(m): 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2021
JoeEeL:
I feel so sorry.

I wish they had linked their NIN.
WTF bro??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Update On The Lagos Metro Railway - Photos / Pictures From The Ebute Metta Rail Station / My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.