Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,268 members, 7,881,025 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:03 AM

Getting Over Addictions.. - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Getting Over Addictions.. (49052 Views)

The Science Of Getting Over Depression / How To Win Over Addictions This Lockdown / My Addictions To Betting, Masturbation, Pepsi Will Soon Kill Me. I'm Sure! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by laluski(m): 12:32am On Aug 05, 2021
DaniWhizbang:
I for talk wetin dey my mind but...... Never mind grin

Stop laughing stupidly..it's not funny..
What are you even laughing about...read and move on .. you've nothing to say nor contribute
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by FREEMADNESS: 12:32am On Aug 05, 2021
Asabilly1988:

Thanks for this , we are currently battling with my sister cos she’s addicted to pentazocine injection , she can’t stay a day without it is terrible we don’t know what to do about it , she takes like 20 to 25 a day and the weirdest of it all is that she’s a medical doctor

THE BITTER TRUTH

90% of pentazocine users are doctors tho I am not but my doctor friend introduced me to it.

it's addiction is out of dis world.

whatever you say or do to her can't make her quit i swear.

she just have to wake up and face reality.

they doctors know the implications and health damages it can cause but will never let go so anything you say to them is meaningless.

my sincere advise is to always rub it on her face that death is not far from her(pls don't say it in a way that will make her feel depressed o)

she will soon start to feel some numbness or paralysis in most of the injected part of her body.

she might end up crippled for life.

rehab can't save her.

JUST WAKE HER UP TO REALITY OR PREPARE FOR HER FUNERAL IF SHE DOESN'T.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by purples25(f): 12:43am On Aug 05, 2021
Drugs and Alcohol are evil. Hope you get out of this addiction someday.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Sebu414: 12:55am On Aug 05, 2021
Hello
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by breathelove(f): 1:57am On Aug 05, 2021
Where do you draw positive influence from. What do you watch, what do you read and listen to.
On Youtube you would find lots of great resources.
Change the way you live and you would overcome the habit
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by PattyMike(m): 2:12am On Aug 05, 2021
Candidlady:
Smoking is bad for the health. yeah true that but how come my soul and mental state ain't at peace until I take two sticks of dunhil with a mix of lexotan + dinamogyn

Not going to lie it’s fucking difficult, was a chain smoker for like what? 8 years. Packs of cigarettes a day, myself and roommate then. It got so bad we’d finish our stash (we buy like food stuff 24 packs in a roll I think) finish it in less than 2 weeks and roam around at 2am looking for mallam kiosk or any bar that’s still open at time time. Started with chesterfield, that one gave us sore throats so we moved to benson switch, fake ones came out and then we moved to dunhill switch. People wonder how a person can smoke two packs a day, let me explain. There are 20 sticks in a pack. When I open my eyes in the morning, I get up to pee, pick my cigarette light up, and then my phone to play around social media and memes and boom I’m 6-8 sticks in already, that shit burns fast asf, 5-6 drags and it’s gone. I brush my teeth, smoke another stick when I’m done brushing, light another one with the almost burnt out stub of cigarette, before I eat and another after I eat. Now I’m going to class or wherever, another two sticks while I prepare. My pack is almost empty now, so I take another one for the road. No matter what activity I do, I always got to smoke, minutes before sex, minutes after sex, eat, even in the toilet. It went on like this for years till I graduated, then it hit me. What triggers it is time, boredom, loneliness, feeling and knowing you’re super cool, classic bad boy/gal image. Then I thought I can be super cool without smoking shii.
I started going out more often, doing stuffs, keeping my mind busy and tried to bring it down to a pack a day. A year I spent to do this, a year to reduce the intake, at a time I was smoking a reduced ten sticks a day. Yeah I’ll stop na so I dey talk, I quit weed years ago, was easier to drop, drugs tm, codeine, Rophynol I wasn’t heavy on this though highest was I think almost 500g of tramadol the pink one two sometimes the white one 400mg a day but my preference was the capsule 120g 4 a day, three in the morning and one more in the evening to bring back the high, gave me the best effect. Those were easy to drop to be honest.

I had to quit smoking when my body told me to STOP! When I smoke even just a stick and sleep, I wake up with a throat filled with slime and spittle. I’d go to the bathroom every morning and literally just throw up slimy shi.t, just that for seconds. I changed brands of cigarette but it stayed the same. Well, last time I smoked was the 14/07/2021. LOL too early yeah I know but for me it’s big progress and I’m proud of it. I take it a day at a time, keep my self busy, my mind busy, work on planning future projects, try not to get really upset and just change environment, friends, identify your triggers and avoid them. I can’t eat well due to the habit but I force myself with little bits of this and that. You’re in Abuja! Holla at me when you can, I’ve got great ideas and projects I’d love to share with you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by AutoChick4U(f): 2:55am On Aug 05, 2021
Candidlady:

Can't really place. A finger on what am lacking...

Am not lacking money... Not lacking shelter not lacking food but I still feel empty

You might not get what am trying to pass across
I actually get it. You probably need love.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by AutoChick4U(f): 2:57am On Aug 05, 2021
PattyMike:

Not going to lie it’s fucking difficult, was a chain smoker for like what? 8 years. Packs of cigarettes a day, myself and roommate then. It got so bad we’d finish our stash (we buy like food stuff 24 packs in a roll I think) finish it in less than 2 weeks and roam around at 2am looking for mallam kiosk or any bar that’s still open at time time. Started with chesterfield, that one gave us sore throats so we moved to benson switch, fake ones came out and then we moved to dunhill switch. People wonder how a person can smoke two packs a day, let me explain. There are 20 sticks in a pack. When I open my eyes in the morning, I get up to pee, pick my cigarette light up, and then my phone to play around social media and memes and boom I’m 6-8 sticks in already, that shit burns fast asf, 5-6 drags and it’s gone. I brush my teeth, smoke another stick when I’m done brushing, light another one with the almost burnt out stub of cigarette, before I eat and another after I eat. Now I’m going to class or wherever, another two sticks while I prepare. My pack is almost empty now, so I take another one for the road. No matter what activity I do, I always got to smoke, minutes before sex, minutes after sex, eat, even in the toilet. It went on like this for years till I graduated, then it hit me. What triggers it is time, boredom, loneliness, feeling and knowing you’re super cool, classic bad boy/gal image. Then I thought I can be super cool without smoking shii.
I started going out more often, doing stuffs, keeping my mind busy and tried to bring it down to a pack a day. A year I spent to do this, a year to reduce the intake, at a time I was smoking a reduced ten sticks a day. Yeah I’ll stop na so I dey talk, I quit weed years ago, was easier to drop, drugs tm, codeine, Rophynol I wasn’t heavy on this though highest was I think almost 500g of tramadol the pink one two sometimes the white one 400mg a day but my preference was the capsule 120g 4 a day, three in the morning and one more in the evening to bring back the high, gave me the best effect. Those were easy to drop to be honest.

I had to quit smoking when my body told me to STOP! When I smoke even just a stick and sleep, I wake up with a throat filled with slime and spittle. I’d go to the bathroom every morning and literally just throw up slimy shi.t, just that for seconds. I changed brands of cigarette but it stayed the same. Well, last time I smoked was the 14/07/2021. LOL too early yeah I know but for me it’s big progress and I’m proud of it. I take it a day at a time, keep my self busy, my mind busy, work on planning future projects, try not to get really upset and just change environment, friends, identify your triggers and avoid them. I can’t eat well due to the habit but I force myself with little bits of this and that. You’re in Abuja! Holla at me when you can, I’ve got great ideas and projects I’d love to share with you.
Nawa! You heard "abuja" u don get idea and project to share! Abuja men though
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by PattyMike(m): 3:17am On Aug 05, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Nawa! You heard "abuja" u don get idea and project to share! Abuja men though

Very wrong.
I’m in Ogun state chief, I’m married and a business owner. So, yes ideas and projects haha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by vickydevoka(m): 3:19am On Aug 05, 2021
tommy589:

I am not a chronic gambler but made a living out of playing draught for 3years. No form of gambling I have not participated except few I found not exciting

You may not know this,but people do gamble and become addicted to ludo and whot. My own case could be desire to make money from my talents in my younger days and not primarily because of greed
Naso. Me I just got a new job na t.p I just de think about. This country hard. To get job wahala, to get job wahala, to start wahala, to continue wahala. Bros I wic I fit drop my Facebook details, so if I no pay back as salary land y fit tag me thief I go appreciate.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by AutoChick4U(f): 3:24am On Aug 05, 2021
PattyMike:

Very wrong.
I’m in Ogun state chief, I’m married and a business owner. So, yes ideas and projects haha.
OK I'm interested in business
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by PattyMike(m): 3:29am On Aug 05, 2021
AutoChick4U:
OK I'm interested in business

See am. Una too like money! It’s for her though, maybe she needs something to occupy her mind, thoughts etc. Something positive and productive, an active participant maybe.
Face your own car business finish first chief.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by AutoChick4U(f): 3:40am On Aug 05, 2021
PattyMike:

See am. Una too like money! It’s for her though, maybe she needs something to occupy her mind, thoughts etc. Something positive and productive, an active participant maybe.
Face your own car business finish first chief.
The void she feels won't be filled by business. Everyone likes money
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by donaldchidi: 3:53am On Aug 05, 2021
If u can listen and do wat am about telling u...
1. Cut all ur friends that do drugs
2. Change ur environment
3. Stop the drugs with steps
I can help by letting u stay in my huz at kuje if is ok for u, and may help u in puting the addiction out.
Not all can stop addiction by themselves, u need someone to help u.
U can send me mail on nzedon2001@gmail.com
If u make up ur mind
Writing so many things here for u may not help if u want to help urself n ur soul...
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by olaniyi900: 4:13am On Aug 05, 2021
Candidlady:
As a lady I still find it hard not to do kwaya (drugs). Bad influence I guess or maybe because I saw my dad and his cliques doing it so it rub off on me

Been to rehab couple of times, currently taking a counseling class although I haven't attended for like a week...

I find myself doing it although deep down I don't wanna, but it is something I can't help

Please if anyone is going through this phase or has passed and overcome kindly share your experience to help conquer this war against drugs and alcohol

Thanks

I am not an expert in this but I said you should relocate to new city if possible to distance from friends and family that influence you. Then look for new hobby like someone suggested. The hobby will distract you from your addiction.
Addiction is real and deadly
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Olaideolayemi(m): 4:34am On Aug 05, 2021
Candidlady:

I hope it works

Truth is I have given up on God... Like he never hears me..

I once slept in my car somewhere around finance bridge here in Abuja over night... Was so stoned I couldn't drive..

Even God overslept on Sunday and that was why the devil was able to crawl into heaven
This addiction have destroyed you so long for making this kind of comment to your creator.. That's y,I always stay calm in anything,I wish to do.. Something just destroyed somebody life..I pray God change you to a better person.. despite having all good things of life..I pray God show mercy upon your soul.. Amin..
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Olaideolayemi(m): 4:40am On Aug 05, 2021
Candidlady:

Can't really place. A finger on what am lacking...

Am not lacking money... Not lacking shelter not lacking food but I still feel empty

You might not get what am trying to pass across
I noticed too.. It's the God, you are abusing that will change you..All what you need is God mercy to send your guidance angel to you.. And all satanic manipulation destroyed.. That's y peoples should always thank God in any situation, because what you're looking for is destroying another person life and soul..May God show you mercy .
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Olaideolayemi(m): 4:42am On Aug 05, 2021
Candidlady:
Please share your experience
They don't need to share experience with you,not to encourage you more.. Rather many fleasible ways in getting out of the mess..I pray my God visit you..And change you for better..
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by AbarisFather(m): 4:51am On Aug 05, 2021
Candidlady:
As a lady I still find it hard not to do kwaya (drugs). Bad influence I guess or maybe because I saw my dad and his cliques doing it so it rub off on me

Been to rehab couple of times, currently taking a counseling class although I haven't attended for like a week...

I find myself doing it although deep down I don't wanna, but it is something I can't help

Please if anyone is going through this phase or has passed and overcome kindly share your experience to help conquer this war against drugs and alcohol

Thanks

I would've love to share my experience but I ain't good in writing because I am not educated. Thanks!
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by BluntCrazeMan: 5:07am On Aug 05, 2021
Robertgreene1:
my dear u re not alone...I've been there nd back nd I know how it feels like...
I battled severe trams addiction for 5 years...throughout my uni days...it wz js terrible....at a point I wz doing 800mg nd above of trams every single day...infact I stopped attending lectures..I do just hole up in my apartment..do trams nd doze all day...
I was acting weird...always agressive...ghosted everyone both family and friends...infact it was just me nd my darling t.m.
Then during dt great lockdown...my biz wz affected... so I holed up at home..then I said 2 myself.."I've had enough of this drug shit"...why not achieve something during ds frustrating lockdown by conquering this addiction demon?...
so I started fighting the demon nd it was a very painful nd long journey back 2 recovery....4 more than 6 months...I felt like dieing...d withdrawal phase was js terrible...d chills..d muscle spasms..d fever..d body pains...d mood swings (extreme highs and lows)..d anxiety... d Restlessness nd worse of em all...d insomnia(sleeplessness)...
so I used Diazepam(Valium) 4 d 1st 6 months 2 help ease d withdrawal symptoms a bit.
Then when I wanted 2 quit Valium after 6 months..I found out dt my system av gotten dependent on it as well...so it was back 2 square one ...Nd to my worst nightmare I found out soon enough dt d withdrawal symptoms of diazepam (benzodiazepines) is even far worse than that of tramadol (opiods)...it was js terrible..better imagined than experienced..
This time around I felt like I was completely loosing it...But lucky me...I discovered that alcohol can also act as a sedative just like diazepam so I used Alcohol for 3 months 2 ease d withdrawal symptoms of diazepam (pls run away 4rm any drug of d benzodiazepine family)....
2 cut d long story short...today I've been drug free for 8 months nd counting now..nd I ant going back 2 dt shit again...
so my dear u can do it.. just believe in urself.. tell urself dt u re stronger than that addiction...then fight d battle of recovery and remember not 2 rush it...Js take it one step at a time...u get closer 2 recovery wit each passing day as ur brain recalibrates itself back 2 it's pre-addiction state..find other hobbies 2 keep ur mind away from d drug(s)...if I can do it dear...then u can do it as well
Shalom....
Alcohol tends to be addictive too.
So please, don't heavily depend on it.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by BluntCrazeMan: 5:11am On Aug 05, 2021
Candidlady:

I hope it works

Truth is I have given up on God... Like he never hears me..

I once slept in my car somewhere around finance bridge here in Abuja over night... Was so stoned I couldn't drive..

Even God overslept on Sunday and that was why the devil was able to crawl into heaven
Chaaiii...
Where do we start??
Like, I don't really understand this type of God you once believed in.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by uchman(m): 5:13am On Aug 05, 2021
waywardpikin:

Dunhil? I'm more of a Benson Switch guy. I'm desperately trying to stop smoking cigarettes but I just can't seem to stay away for too long. I only quit for a full year (2016-2017), then I came back with full force.

What does lexotan + dinamogyn do for you?

I'm more of rohypnol + happy pills dude. Then I love me some Arizona/loud then the occasional colorado to tempt fate. I love my alcohol - gin, whiskey, tequila, black bottles of beer (Legend in particular), etc. Only thing I wish I could stop was the cigarettes.

God help me sha.

Imagine what you mixed up there,
almost all the drugs known and unknown from Cigarettes to Arizona/Loud to some kind of hard drugs mentioned...

Even drinks are not excepted
Black bottle family are wicked drinks like Turbo king, Legend or stout and the you chooses the bad Legend...

Then you choose whiskey and other hot drinks and not a glass of cocktail to give your heart a chill...
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by uchman(m): 5:17am On Aug 05, 2021
Ishilove:

You really are a wayward pikin

I swear, imagine what he mixed up there like Agbo jedi
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by DannyG8(m): 6:05am On Aug 05, 2021
donbachi:
dat is the main problem.get out of it and u will see urself not doing the smoking and alcohol things.

I pray the urge for alternative lifestyle, smoking and drinking to die now,and whatever spirit dat is demanding them from u,i curse it to die now ijn.

Pour water in a glass cup and repeat the following;
Dis is just an ordinary water,but now the blood of Jesus.as i drink it,let every urge to smoke and take alcohol die right now.let the blood of Jesus enter into my blood,veins and bone marrow and flush out smoking and drinking out of my entire body system...now and forevermore.ijn.

Before drinking it.plead the blood of Jesus into it 7 times.u can drop a number for futher follow up,if u want.
Shalom.
what she needs is the word of God (Jesus)not all this story
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by ogyunging(m): 6:10am On Aug 05, 2021
Surrender, Trust & Accept.

It's hard I know.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by phemmyfour: 6:11am On Aug 05, 2021
Candidlady:

Thanks

Change your environment

Change your clique.

Replace your addiction with another addiction. A positive one, to channel your energy into

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

"Joystick" Hygiene – What To Do And What To Avoid. / Lockdown: Lagos Government Donates Food Items To Residents / Pregnant Woman Loses Baby, Womb Cut Off As Fake Nurse Attempts Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.