Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,669 members, 7,968,927 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:17 PM

Naomi Osaka Knocked Out Of Tokyo Olympics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Naomi Osaka Knocked Out Of Tokyo Olympics (483 Views)

Serena Williams Defeats Naomi Osaka / Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) / US Open 2018: Serena Williams Loses To Naomi Osaka In Controversial Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naomi Osaka Knocked Out Of Tokyo Olympics by Lorddominic(m): 8:03am On Jul 27, 2021
No. 2 ranked Osaka lost in the third round to Marketa Vondrousova of the Czech Republic.

Days after lighting the Olympic cauldron to get the Games underway, Naomi Osaka was eliminated from the Tokyo Olympics.

The No. 2 ranked tennis player in the world was knocked out of the tennis tournament in the third round Tuesday by Marketa Vondrousova of the Czech Republic, 6-1, 6-4.

Osaka beat China's Zheng Saisai in the first round and Switzerland's Viktorija Golubic in the second round.

Osaka on Tuesday was down four games in less than 15 minutes. The four-time Grand Slam champion then won her first service game but ended up losing the set 6-1 in just 24 minutes.

During a long rally at the top of the second set, Osaka quickly broke serve to win two straight games. The match then became a roller coaster as Vondrousova battled back to even the score, and the opponents began trading games while holding serve. Throughout the match, Osaka stood far behind the baseline and missed a number of the Czech's signature drop shots.

Up 5-4 in the second, Vondrousova managed to break Osaka's serve one more time — and win the match.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/olympics/naomi-osaka-knocked-out-tokyo-olympics-n1275108

Re: Naomi Osaka Knocked Out Of Tokyo Olympics by nicho450(m): 8:12am On Jul 27, 2021
Is that so?
Re: Naomi Osaka Knocked Out Of Tokyo Olympics by rastaLivity: 8:22am On Jul 27, 2021
My crush
Re: Naomi Osaka Knocked Out Of Tokyo Olympics by justicechichex: 8:38am On Jul 27, 2021
Congratulations to her, she's doing well..
Re: Naomi Osaka Knocked Out Of Tokyo Olympics by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 27, 2021
This year is not Osaka's year.

From her controversies and conflicts with the media , tennis stakeholders and sponsors to leaving the Olympics which she was the torchbearer earlier than expected will make her depressed. I was so sure that Japan had one gold medalist in Osaka even before the Olympics started

Naomi Osaka is emotionally fragile. I hope she fights whatever is troubling her and comes back strong.

I also want to believe she isn't past her prime in the sports which has some of the most well-behaved fans in the planet.
Re: Naomi Osaka Knocked Out Of Tokyo Olympics by newguy1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
She’s having a bad year but I won’t lie she is doing this to her self r focus off court this year as been too much n it’s really have affected her game. She has no excuse for lossing this game
Re: Naomi Osaka Knocked Out Of Tokyo Olympics by paulolee(m): 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
days after lighting d Olympic touch, she was knocked out means she isnt having a luck year as time goes by..

(1) (Reply)

(breakin News)messi To PSG Done Deal,announcement By August 10 / Free Correct Score Tomorrow Early Morning / My 989,962 Naira Live Withdrawal From Bet9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.