Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,163 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:50 PM

Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. (1229 Views)

Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ibom Republic. / Lagos Considers Full Re-opening Of Economy, Embarks On Assessment Of Readiness / My Objective Assessment Of Kadaria Ahmed, Moderator Of The Atiku/Obi Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by AfricanColumbus: 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic.

Recent permutations and posturings across Nigeria show that the balkanization of the country which has been looming for the past 6 years, is set to spark off from within Southern Nigeria, with Biafra in the South East and the Igbo speaking parts of the South South looking likely to to pull out first, as a homogeneous nation.

Across the rest of Southern Nigeria is the Oduduwa republic agitation, the Ijaw republic announcement and the Ibom republic declaration. There are other agitations which are predicted to pick up steam in the coming months, notably the earnest announcement of a Benin/Urhobo/Iwerre republic.

The Ijaw people however have indicated the will to also pursue a homogenous nation akin to Biafra and Oduduwa, and have begun the necessary proceedings at the background.

The areas to be captured in the newly proposed republic are shown here :

Population estimates for the Ijaw ethnic group varies greatly across several sources, this abnormality stems mostly from inordinate political maneuvering on the state and federal level geared towards grabbing benefits from the national table. However informed observers put the Ijaw population at around 5 million, which is miles way from the ridiculous numbers of above 15 million.

Ijaw republic or Izon nation is one which would have a strong nationalist consciousness amongst its citizens, with a sense of unity of purpose, which will bring the people together in forging a common front. And with this assured peace, stability and development is certain.

The economic prospects of the new nation looks bright. With the staggering income from petrodollars, which is derived from oil exploration in the Ijaw area, currently shared across 36 states of Nigeria, set to be benefited by the Izon nation alone, the viability of the new nation should be in no doubt. There is also the maritime industry which has been recognized as the backbone of worldwide global trade. This recognized industry incidentally is most suited for the Ijaw nation as the Ijaw culture and everyday life is closely tied to the waters.

The maritime industry will cover construction, acquisition, repair, supply and operation of sea vessels (naval and non naval controlled). Also included will be shipping lines operation, shipyard operations, dry docking, port services, fishing, sea exploration etc. Hence for the budding nation this provides options to pick from in developing their economy.

The city of Yenogoa, is the major modern center of the republic. In this city a new international airport project has been considered. This is to aid foreign oil workers, investors, visitors and Ijaw citizens alike to fly directly in and out of the country. Local and international sea transport, persons or cargo, is also a sure bet here, hence new jetties and harbors are well set to spring to life to provide these services.

The tourism sector also is a huge sector as the new nation possesses extended coastlines and beaches spanning Yellowe, westward along Brass, Akassa to Escravos. Palm beach has been said to be a good surfing spot for fun seekers. Also there are several places of interest, including sights and monuments from the colonial and slave trade era, national parks and forest reserves for birdwatching and viewing wildlife.

All in all, the new nation is set to take off on a positive note.

Like. Share. Comment

https://www.facebook.com/100069602838804/posts/124510386545722/?app=fbl

https://mobile.twitter.com/logicaltaught/status/1420046097632874498

Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by Captain8(m): 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
GOD OWN NATION..... AAAAAHHHH IZON!!!
IZON KEME EMI

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by Omoluabi1stborn: 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2021
Going by the map above south East or baifra won't have access to sea

Thought Bonny is igbo

Anyways, what do I know sad
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by tutudesz: 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
cool

Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by richmond500: 5:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Thought Bonny is igbo

Bonny was never Igbo, all these by force annexing deh worry me, though I'm not sure any country that breaks away will be different from Nigeria but one thing u can't take away is that Ijaw republic or Biafra will be more united than Nigeria cos of homogeneity.
Our diverse culture in Nigeria would have normally been a blessing than a homogeneous one but we don't know how to use it

4 Likes

Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by AfricanColumbus: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Thought Bonny is igbo

1 Like

Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by Omoluabi1stborn: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
[quote author=AfricanColumbus post=104154440][/quote]

Oh, sorry that means I'm still correct.

1 Like

Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by richmond500: 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
AfricanColumbus:
this kind map weh put portharcourt inside Biafra, lolz
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by Omoluabi1stborn: 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmond500:
Bonny was never Igbo, all these by force annexing deh worry me, though I'm not sure any country that breaks away will be different from Nigeria but one thing u can't take away is that Ijaw republic or Biafra will be more united than Nigeria cos of homogeneity.
Our diverse culture in Nigeria would have normally been a blessing than a homogeneous one but we don't know how to use it

I'm not knowledgeable about ur first assertion.

Meanwhile you're very correct about ur last assertion
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by FreeIgbos: 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Thought Bonny is igbo

You're a total map illiterate if you made this ridiculous statement after watching the map. From the map, you ought to have deduced that P.H is outside the Izon republic. Also, there are islands and lots of all-year-round navigable rivers that flow directly from Igbo heartland into the Atlantic ocean. Again, at the boundary between Ijaw nation with Ibom republic is Azumiri river. This means that this river becomes an international gateway.

2 Likes

Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by AfricanColumbus: 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
FreeIgbos:

You're a total map illiterate if you made this ridiculous statement after watching the map. From the map, you ought to have deduced that P.H is outside the Izon republic. Also, there are islands and lots of all-year-round navigable rivers that flow directly from Igbo heartland into the Atlantic ocean. Again, at the boundary between Ijaw nation with Ibom republic is Azumiri river. This means that this river becomes an international gateway.

3 Likes

Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by Kaiser20: 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lagos state will break away from Oduduwa . Lagos state will annex Benin Republic to form Republic of Lagos with major sea ports, in Lagos and Cotonou.

1 Like

Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by Danzakidakura(m): 6:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
Kaiser20:
Lagos state will break away from Oduduwa . Lagos state will annex Benin Republic to form Republic of Lagos with major sea ports, in Lagos and Cotonou.
I think this the way forward. Lagos will aligned with Benin republic
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by SlayerForever: 10:47am On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
richmond500:
[/s]

Ijaw people can never change.
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by jneutron4000: 10:51am On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
Kaiser20:
[/s]
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by SlayerForever: 10:51am On Jul 28, 2021
richmond500:
this kind map weh put portharcourt inside Biafra, lolz

No na Ijaw republic dey for put am enwe cheesy
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by mocey: 11:05am On Jul 28, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Thought Bonny is igbo

lol...tinubu thug,igbos dont need ijaws,we have access to the sea from abia state,i hope i have been able to cure you from this your self inflicted ignorance

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by mocey: 11:06am On Jul 28, 2021
tutudesz:
cool

you no day shame,na militant be una leaders?i actually like tompolo more than asari,they are both criminals but tompolo is not a loud mouth like that other baboon
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by mocey: 11:07am On Jul 28, 2021
Kaiser20:

story
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by SlayerForever: 11:27am On Jul 28, 2021
mocey:

you no day shame,na militant be una leaders?i actually like tompolo more than asari,they are both criminals but tompolo is not a loud mouth like that other baboon

You sef notice am undecided
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 11, 2021
Kaiser20:

What? I thought the Yorubas own Lagos state.
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:53am On Aug 11, 2021
The end to all agitations ends on 29/05/2023, provided the North respect itself and hands over to the south.
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by BKayy: 10:58am On Aug 11, 2021
ShobayoEmma:
The end to all agitations ends on 29/05/2023, provided the
North respect itself and hands over to the south.
Don't go and find your square root. Fake ignorance while others are possessing their possession.
Tell me one reason why me as an Igbo man will be in one country with you?
I dare you
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by Captain8(m): 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2021
mocey:

mumu talk...... everybody is a militant.... we are proudly rebels against nigeria government.......
nigeria government turned Ijaw boys to militants......

how could we not be militant when the nigeria government is criminal and terrorist?

1 Like

Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by Captain8(m): 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2021
SlayerForever:

You sef notice am undecided
why wont militant lead us when your zoo government is a terrorist and criminal......

was it not your terrorist government that turned us to militants?
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by citypeer(m): 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2021
mocey:

story
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by Pecuman: 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
While I am not in the East and thus I am not representative, the most vigirous Biafrans I have come across have been Ijaw. I see no reason why we shouldn't be talking of a union state between the Igbo and Ijaw given that fact.
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by Liebermantic: 1:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Whatever you guys are doing, remove Bonny, Opobo and parts of Okrika from the fathom Ijaw republic..
Re: Detailed Assessment Of The Proposed Ijaw Republic. by AfricanColumbus: 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
A lot has changed since when this thread was opened. Kalabari and Nembe/Brass has become disputed, likely to go any way between Biafra and Ijaw Republic.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Makinde Unveils New Amotekun HQ, Gives Awards To Amotekun Soldiers / I’m Not Happy; People Are Dying Of Hunger Under Buhari’s Govt — Isiyaku Ibrahim / True Or False? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.