Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,084 members, 7,880,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:10 PM

Stop Traveling Without A Skill. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stop Traveling Without A Skill. (2411 Views)

Stop Traveling To The East For Christmas Says Singer Chike, It's Old Fashion- Se / The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe / Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by Hightser: 8:27am On Jul 28, 2021
Greetings all, I feel it’s pertinent to address this issue, the travel section of nairaland is always busy with travel topics or questions about people who wish to migrate, I made a post last time about wanting to travel to Dubai and most people asked me to debunk the idea that Dubai is a difficult place to survive cause there are no jobs there.

A certain NLnder who landed in Dubai also has confessed that the only available jobs are factory jobs, car wash jobs etc. this is to say that he actually settled for one of such. Truth is, you raised about 1.5m naira in Nigeria only to travel to Dubai for menial jobs and he also stated that the high paying jobs are reserved for Indians and Americans.

My question is, if the high paying jobs were not reserved for Indians and Americans, what skill do you actually have to gain such jobs?

Imagine how much hours and how long you would have to work doing menial jobs in Dubai before you can recover the over 1million spent in traveling.

Even while in Nigeria, most people with skill are still earning and living well and maybe planning to japa too.

This post is for whom it may concern, stop traveling without a skill, if you cannot do a car wash job here in Nigeria and you can not also do a factory job here, why go over there to do it and how many years do you think you can do it to raise something tangible?

Well, I am a product designer (ui/ux) also learning flutter development, as I’m typing this post, my phone battery is low, network is slow, generator noise from the neighbors is very disturbing, this and more are the reasons I have decided to travel to Dubai, stay indoors and do my freelance jobs if I don’t see any company to employ me in this tech field and maybe when I raise money from there, I can then migrate to a country with stable economy.

Thanks for reading.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by Hightser: 8:28am On Jul 28, 2021
Please, you all shouldn’t bash me, I’m not feeling fine.
Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by doggedfighter(f): 8:41am On Jul 28, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by BlackSan: 9:55am On Jul 28, 2021
Hightser:
Greetings all, I feel it’s pertinent to address this issue, the travel section of nairaland is always busy with travel topics or questions about people who wish to migrate, I made a post last time about wanting to travel to Dubai and most people asked me to debunk the idea that Dubai is a difficult place to survive cause there are no jobs there.

A certain NLnder who landed in Dubai also has confessed that the only available jobs are factory jobs, car wash jobs etc. this is to say that he actually settled for one of such. Truth is, you raised about 1.5m naira in Nigeria only to travel to Dubai for menial jobs and he also stated that the high paying jobs are reserved for Indians and Americans.

My question is, if the high paying jobs were not reserved for Indians and Americans, what skill do you actually have to gain such jobs?

Imagine how much hours and how long you would have to work doing menial jobs in Dubai before you can recover the over 1million spent in traveling.

Even while in Nigeria, most people with skill are still earning and living well and maybe planning to japa too.

This post is for whom it may concern, stop traveling without a skill, if you cannot do a car wash job here in Nigeria and you can not also do a factory job here, why go over there to do it and how many years do you think you can do it to raise something tangible?

Well, I am a product designer (ui/ux) also learning flutter development, as I’m typing this post, my phone battery is low, network is slow, generator noise from the neighbors is very disturbing, this and more are the reasons I have decided to travel to Dubai, stay indoors and do my freelance jobs if I don’t see any company to employ me in this tech field and maybe when I raise money from there, I can then migrate to a country with stable economy.

Thanks for reading.

High seconded!!!
You spoke sense in your post.
Honestly, in as much as people get opportunities to travel to developed countries, some of them end up complaining about not being able to fit in with the difficult system.

Now, don't get me wrong, going to a new environment might be challenging for some people but ,*"He who fails to plan, plans to fail"*

Having learned a skill with certain years of experience will gives you certain advantage over migrants who only has degree.

*He has brain, should use it wisely* Browse out the sought out skills for the country you intend to migrate to, don't go unplanned and come to Nairaland ranting about the difficulties of the system over there.

9 Likes

Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hightser:
Please, you all shouldn’t bash me, I’m not feeling fine.
anyone who insults you is a fo.ool
Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by babakb: 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hightser:

Thanks for reading.

You have a point but there are other factors that employers check in international job markets like the UAE.
Employers in UAE will prefer workers from countries that enjoy Visa Free access to UAE like Americans, Europeans and Asians, they process their work visa without any hassles.

These workers also have Visa Free Access to the rest of Developed countries around the world, they can easily be transferred to work anywhere and do business because they hold a very good Passport.

If you want to enjoy all these, obtain a citizenship from a developed country grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:32pm On Jul 28, 2021
babakb:

You have a point but there are other factors that employers check in international job markets like the UAE.
Employers in UAE will prefer workers from countries that enjoy Visa Free access to UAE like Americans, Europeans and Asians, they process their work visa without any hassles.

These workers also have Visa Free Access to the rest of Developed countries around the world, they can easily be transferred to work anywhere and do business because they hold a very good Passport.

If you want to enjoy all these, obtain a citizenship from a developed country grin grin grin
This is true but Nigerians In the tech industry are getting sponsored for jobs overseas.

5 Likes

Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by ezzylee(m): 3:20am On Jul 29, 2021
Hightser:

Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by SaAyomikun(m): 3:34am On Jul 29, 2021
You're valid and sensible. May God make it easy for us all.
Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by Gerrard59(m): 10:38am On Jul 29, 2021
You have to be very specific about the skills these aspiring emigrees should learn. I say this because most of the skills people mention on Nairaland are very ridiculous. Barbing, tiling, carpentry, hair styling etc. What they don't know is that most of those jobs especially the technical ones are country specific and one must be part of the country's association before being allowed to work. The better option is undergoing City Guild's certification provided it's accepted in the country you intend emigrating to.

Another reason why such is rampant in the UAE is largely due to her lax immigration policies. "He raised N1. 5M and move to Dubai",he cannot try same with Japan or Singapore. He would have followed due process of obtaining a work visa (actual employment) before even attempting to travel. Now, think about a person who gets a job in Singapore directly from Nigeria? What do you think of such person's profile? Thus, anyone who travels to either of both countries is better educated and skilled than the fellow going to the UAE.

5 Likes

Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by The5DME(m): 10:39am On Jul 29, 2021
Gerrard59:
You have to be very specific about the skills these aspiring emigrees should learn. I say this because most of the skills people mention on Nairaland are very ridiculous. Barbing, tiling, carpentry, hair styling etc. What they don't know is that most of those jobs especially the technical ones are country specific and one must be part of the country's association before being allowed to work. The better option is undergoing City Guild's certification provided it's accepted in the country you intend emigrating to.

Another reason why such is rampant in the UAE is largely due to her lax immigration policies. "He raised N1. 5M and move to Dubai",he cannot try same with Japan or Singapore. He would have followed due process of obtaining a work visa (actual employment) before even attempting to travel. Now, think about a person who gets a job in Singapore directly from Nigeria? What do you think of such person's profile? Thus, anyone who travels to either of those countries is better educated and skilled than the fellow going to the UAE.
I shot u a mail sir.
Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 31, 2021
I got a call one day from someone
Him : my friend, pls I need a country to travel , to where I can go and hustle, I managed to save 2 million.

Me : what country are you looking at?

Him : any Europe country, just where I can go I Don tire for Nigeria.

Me : okay, what skill do you have?

Him : for me, if I reach there, I do anything.

Me : Factory work?

Him : God forbid I do factory work. I do anything, even if na white I carry...

Me : (cuts in) you don't have a skill, and you want to go with less than 2000 euros to Europe, you do have a family there in Europe?

Him : No...

Me : (cuts In) help me delete my number, if you are serious I will know. (Hangs up)

Most Nigerians are blinded by too much television. They think what they see on TV is the same as real life. Me way be software dev day fine remote work before I comot here make things no crazy for me, na e this mad person day here day tell me say e go form voltron for country way no family, no friend, nothing. I wonder as e wan use do am.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by lordally(m): 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2021
gimakon:
Him : my friend, pls I need a country to travel , to where I can go and hustle, I managed to save 2 million.

Me : (cuts in) you don't have a skill, and you want to go with less than 2000 euros to Europe, you do have a family there in Europe?

Me : (cuts In) help me delete my number, if you are serious I will know.

Most Nigerians are blinded by too much television. They think what they see on TV is the same as real life. Me way be software dev day fine remote work before I comot here make things no crazy for me, na e this mad person day here day tell me say e go form voltron for country way no family, no friend, nothing. I wonder as e wan use do am.

Laugh don finish me!! grin grin
Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2021
lordally:

Laugh don finish me!! grin grin

Na so I day do them. So they no day come near me again if them no get skill.
Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by lordally(m): 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2021
gimakon:

Na so I day do them. So they no day come near me again if them no get skill.

That guy is actually crazy! How can he say he can't do factory work? Even without any skill?? It's pathetic because even skilled people some times do factory work to pay bills and balance themselves when they first get abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2021
lordally:

That guy is actually crazy! How can he say he can't do factory work? Even without any skill?? It's pathetic because even skilled people some times do factory work to pay bills and balance themselves when they first get abroad.

He is just being plain Lazy. He thinks I would use what I know to school him into pushing drugs and co.
Since then, If I am being asked about these questions, I just reply them with if they have a skill. If they do not, they would not bother sending me DM's
Nigeria don too get bad name. And these boys are not eager to change.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2021
gimakon:

Me : (cuts In) help me delete my number, if you are serious I will know. (Hangs up)

Your talk make sense. I subscribe to it.
Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by Goodluckall: 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2021
Make I enter first abeg
Work go come
Those who are there no get two heads.
No limit to what you can achieve..
.. work and pray �

2 Likes

Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by newoffer: 11:57pm On Jul 31, 2021
When u prepare with lots of skills u will get good offer. You need to add value to yourself before travelling. Get lots of skills
Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2021
Goodluckall:
Make I enter first abeg
Work go come
.. work and pray �

James 2:26 :

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
I just say make I Remind you. Next thing you go form Atheist say you no be Christian or Muslim.. untop Travel, well na your headache be that finally.

I just say make I laugh you small..

1 Like

Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by Originalsly: 2:28am On Aug 02, 2021
lordally:

Skills?... like someone said... know the skills in demand in the country ... and you better be very good at it. The lower the level of skill ... the more the competition. For USA.... any low skill job... you have to compete with Mexicans ... they are everywhere in the US ... and have a reputation for fast... cheap and good work... they are like little machines. If you don't have papers or approved certification... most likely these are the people you will be competing with for jobs. Barbing... the one people love to suggest ... certification is required... but... let's say unofficial. 9 out of 10 times ... the best barber in your community is learner to the average barber in the US period. Whatever skill you have... if online ... put it to the test by applying for remote jobs like someone said earlier. You have a skill is one thing.... how do you measure up with the competition there should never be overlooked. Las Las.... having a skill can never be a set back or waste of time .... it's just another weapon in your arsenal.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by lordally(m): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2021
Originalsly:

Skills?... like someone said... know the skills in demand in the country ... and you better be very good at it. The lower the level of skill ... the more the competition. For USA.... any low skill job... you have to compete with Mexicans ... they are everywhere in the US ... and have a reputation for fast... cheap and good work... they are like little machines. If you don't have papers or approved certification... most likely these are the people you will be competing with for jobs. Barbing... the one people love to suggest ... certification is required... but... let's say unofficial. 9 out of 10 times ... the best barber in your community is learner to the average barber in the US period. Whatever skill you have... if online ... put it to the test by applying for remote jobs like someone said earlier. You have a skill is one thing.... how do you measure up with the competition there should never be overlooked. Las Las.... having a skill can never be a set back or waste of time .... it's just another weapon in your arsenal.

Very well said!
Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by izzyjoe(m): 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2021
Everyone is talking about skills, well that's fine but can someone help us with examples of relevant skills that maybe needed outside this country cause some things we call skills in Nigeria are actually obsolete in the outer world. So please someone should help out with the kind of skills relevant thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by blessedchild234(m): 7:15am On Aug 04, 2021
These skills might be relevant carpentry,
masonry,
plumbing,welding, lifting heavy things, factory work exp electricals, ac repair etc i belieue 2 out these will land you job by Gods grace, any how any how.
Re: Stop Traveling Without A Skill. by BlackSan: 9:49am On Aug 07, 2021
Goodluckall:
Make I enter first abeg
Work go come
.. work and pray �

It is usually brainless post like this that make some people end up coming back to Nairaland to rant about European countries being too difficult.

When you don't plan your life out, you give pathetic excuses for your failure.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Issues Uk "travel Warning"! / Life In Italy / What Is The Easiest Route To Get To Ghana From Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.