Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,787 members, 7,952,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:36 PM

Fg To Spend N500m On Jonathan’s Inauguration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg To Spend N500m On Jonathan’s Inauguration (1206 Views)

I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari / Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million / More Street Killing Planned - FG Uncovers Plot To Derail Jonathan’s Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg To Spend N500m On Jonathan’s Inauguration by smile4kenn(m): 4:27pm On May 14, 2011
A whopping N500 million has been earmarked by Federal Government to mark the inauguration ceremony of President Goodluck Jonathan as the president of Nigeria for the next four years later this month.

Also, former president of Brazil, Mr Lula Da Silva, has been slated to deliver an inaugural lecture as a mark of honour for of the president with about 35 presidents and heads of governments across the world having signified their intention to be part of the inauguration ceremony.

The lecture, with the theme: “Consolidating Democracy For National Transformation,” is billed to come up on the May 27 in Abuja. In the same vein, an inaugural football match between the Kaduna United Football team of Kaduna and the Eyimba Football Club of Aba is slated for the Abuja Stadium on May 28. - Tribune

http://www.kennynaija.com/2011/05/fg-to-spend-n500m-on-jonathans.html

Re: Fg To Spend N500m On Jonathan’s Inauguration by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On May 14, 2011
It is better than the cost of the "Phantom" October 1st celebration where the then minister of information, Dora Akunyili, promised us all DVDs of Nigeria's history that never was. grin
Re: Fg To Spend N500m On Jonathan’s Inauguration by archive(f): 5:03pm On May 14, 2011
hopefully Mr Lula is coaching Goodluck on how to be socially conscious like he was in Brazil during his time
Re: Fg To Spend N500m On Jonathan’s Inauguration by joecrack(m): 5:13pm On May 14, 2011
I hope he learns,lula has emerged as one of brazils finest president,with a leadership model that is people oriented and centred.more of this kind of company for jonathan
Re: Fg To Spend N500m On Jonathan’s Inauguration by archive(f): 5:21pm On May 14, 2011
yes joecrack. in fact we need more young nigerian people learning about what great men like Lula can do for their country and people. What pride can do for a country. That combined with a knowledge of political economy, we have a recipe for a leader. A leader by the real definition of the word
Re: Fg To Spend N500m On Jonathan’s Inauguration by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 14, 2011
500m shey??
So derez 2 much money yet d best he cn offer as compensation to corpers family is 5m??
I laff in french. . .
Re: Fg To Spend N500m On Jonathan’s Inauguration by dplordx(m): 6:28pm On May 14, 2011
;d
Re: Fg To Spend N500m On Jonathan’s Inauguration by maddock(m): 6:29pm On May 14, 2011
Would there be public holiday during that period? Abeg make I know how I wan plan my waka. 500milla for jamboree and only 5milla for dead corpers.msheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww
Re: Fg To Spend N500m On Jonathan’s Inauguration by playmode(m): 7:07pm On May 14, 2011
Why so much money for such a simple affair . He just being inaugurated to serve,no big deal  there but he is willing to spend N500 million. I swear this man and his cohorts should be shot.What a shame ,this is the fresh air he promised spending over $3 million for an inauguration which should have been done quietly in Aso rock without fanfare! I weep for this nation.

This man will get what is coming to him if he doesn't change.People are watching and something will happen.
Re: Fg To Spend N500m On Jonathan’s Inauguration by BuhariWhy: 7:08pm On May 14, 2011
Hello Nairalanders,

I was a strong Buhari supporter in this election cycle that just passed. However, I was very disappointed with the violence that took place after the election. To make matters worse I ran into a comment that came from Buhari's campaign on CNN. Here is my video expressing my anger. Please post this on your facebook page.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMfKmBE970M&hl=en&fs=1" type="[/flash]
Re: Fg To Spend N500m On Jonathan’s Inauguration by dplordx(m): 7:31pm On May 14, 2011
;d
Re: Fg To Spend N500m On Jonathan’s Inauguration by Mynd44: 7:48pm On May 14, 2011
And the theme of the celebration will be "let the looting begin"

(1) (Reply)

We Are Tired Of Slavery, Airtel Workers Protest / Re: The Day Fashola Gave Up His to Iniodu Akpankpan. (pics) / High-priced Mediocrities By Okey Ndibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.