Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,549 members, 7,975,153 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 06:11 PM

Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning (12232 Views)

Mass Defection From APC To PDP In Edo State ahead of 2016 elections / Rate Of Defection From PDP To APC Shameful – Dabiri-erewa / Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by konkolok: 3:34pm On May 16, 2011
@EzeUche, you are one of those who have consistently dwelled in self deception. If you think zoning is dead then you are a liar even to yourself. this is the tragedy of ibo race. we take stance without critically examining the implication of our stance. If any of you thinks an ibo man will succeed Jonathan in 2015, then that person needs serious mental examination.
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 16, 2011
So where are they decamping to now ? Cpc or Acn ?
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by EzeUche2(m): 3:38pm On May 16, 2011
~Bluetooth:

So where are they decamping to now ? Cpc or Acn ?

God forbid! shocked
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 16, 2011
Ppa is a ghost party while apga is a branch of pdp,so you guys are left with cpc and acn !
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 16, 2011
i LAUGH so tail i fall from my table reach chair, wetin na? no be una vote GeJ, WHY THE COMPLAIN? undecided grin
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by tayoTFC(m): 4:13pm On May 16, 2011
Chai,,,,,the same GEJ That kill zoning of presidency to North after YA radull, death want to zone speaker/s.president to sw/North, good for the SE after rigging election for him, bro Jo, dont bite the finger that feed u, SE deserve to rule the senate, aftall during Umaru yaradull , north is the president, and north is the senate president, why zoning now when u av already kill it during urselfish ambition, cluless druking fisherman, igbo ppl will show u pepe,
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by lagcity(m): 4:41pm On May 16, 2011
EzeUche_:

God forbid! shocked

ha ha ha. grin. EzeUche stop this passive aggressive sturbborness of yours and let CPC give you a big hug. CPC, you may kiss your bride.muahh cool
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by rareman(m): 6:08pm On May 16, 2011
@beef u are d hardest person to believe, but truth is I can't fault ur post on this thread, I want ask what has d previous leaders of NASS of IGBO extraCtion done to the south east, surely we ve had our shot as senate president what did we do with it=(politics),
@ezeuche I guess we should not employ sentiment just to make our voice heard, am sure u are better exposed, and know this is not applicable where u are, with ur level of knowledge I expected solution to the plight of south easterner, obviously leadership is lacking here, it sad to say but none of this people is speaking my mind, they ve betrayed people's trust. Now let me ask u who among the current pdp NASS member is fit for leadership position?
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by Kemisesann(m): 7:49pm On May 16, 2011
shocked IT SERVES IGBO PEOPLE RIGHT. UNTILL THEY LEARN TO CREATE THEIR OWN IDENTITY AS A NATION WITHIN NIGERIA, THE SO CALLED RESPECT THEY HAVE BEEN YEARNING FOR
MAY NOT COME. ALL THIS FOLLOW FOLLOW TO GRAB WILL NOT FETCH THEM ANYTHING. ANY TIME YORUBA COUGH, OTHERS PAY ATTENTION. EVEN WHEN THEY DID NOT ASK FOR IT , THEY OFFERED IT TO THEM ON A PLATTER OF GOLD. WHO THERE TOY WITH THEM . THEY ARE NOW IN OPPOSITION, YET IT DOES NOT MOVE THEM . IGBO HAVE NEVER HAD A PARTY WITH A CLEAR CUT IDEOLOGY RIGHT FROM THE TIME OF ZIK. THEY ALWAYS FOLLOW THEM TO CHOP OR COMPROMISE YOU WOULD SAY. AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY ONLY GET THE CRUMBS. JUST LIKE THE YORUBA, LET THEM HAVE STRONG PARTY WITH WHICH TO LEVERAGE OTHERWISE THE WEEPING CONTINUES. GOOD NIGHT
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by vanunu: 8:52pm On May 16, 2011
One thing that is very clear is that in a few years time the present generation of Igbos, will not take any shit again from Nigerians. They have had enough shit, they are being cheated from every angle , they have the smallest number of states, the smallest number of LGA, the smallest federal allocation and so on and so on. Mark my word, Nigeria will soon disintergrate
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by aljharem3: 8:58pm On May 16, 2011
vanunu:

One thing that is very clear is that in a few years time the present generation of Igbos, will not take any poo again from Nigerians. They have had enough poo, they are being cheated from every angle , they have the smallest number of states, the smallest number of LGA, the smallest federal allocation and so on and so on. Mark my word, Nigeria will soon disintergrate

u must be an efulefu
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 16, 2011
vanunu:

One thing that is very clear is that in a few years time the present generation of Igbos, will not take any poo again from Nigerians. They have had enough poo, they are being cheated from every angle , they have the smallest number of states, the smallest number of LGA, the smallest federal allocation and so on and so on. Mrk my word, Nigeria will soon disintergrate
IDIOT, THEY RECEIVE THE BIGGEST AID FROM FEDERAL GOVERNMENT EVEN THO THEY HAVE LOWEST LG AND STUFF
U CHOP CRASE OR CRASE CHOP YOU?
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by EPOMA(m): 10:25pm On May 16, 2011
Donlittle:

i LAUGH so tail i fall from my table reach chair, wetin na? no be una vote GeJ, WHY THE COMPLAIN?  undecided grin

Am laughing too. The pictures have been there
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by EPOMA(m): 10:29pm On May 16, 2011
vanunu:

One thing that is very clear is that in a few years time the present generation of Igbos, will not take any poo again from Nigerians.  They have had enough poo, they are being cheated from every angle , they have the smallest number of states, the smallest number of LGA, the smallest  federal allocation and so on and so on. Mark my word, Nigeria will soon disintergrate

Are you talking about the likes of Andy and Chris Uba and which Igbos. Look very well
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by revolt(m): 11:19pm On May 16, 2011
Mumu umunnas when I spoke passionately about why we shouldn't discard zoning like the west and SS wre doing ppl cald me tribalist forgetting the west had ruled n the SS was looking for an excuse to hold on to power igbos Jes shot themselves in the foot and killed their political ambition finally.imagine ppl still talking of zoning, drunkards
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by Nobody: 1:35am On May 17, 2011
Gentlemen, let us face the facts.

1. if the Igbos did not vote for Jonathan Goodluck, who would they have voted for. Buhari? I do not think so. The Igbos had no choice. They had to save their bacon by voting en masse for JEG.

2. The Yorubas are by miles politically informed than their Igbo counterpart. They secured their territory under one umbrella and then gave JEG a choice of negotiating with them. JEG has no choice but to work with the SW knowing fully well that they do not give a damn about him. In fact, Osun state voted against JEG. This independent of spirit makes the SW a better region to solicit despite the performance of the PDP in that region.

I think the Igbos need to plan towards 2015 under one umbrella. They should forget the presidency but work towards ensuring that they are involved as a body under one political party in the negotiations for political power.

One thing I know is that the Igbos do not have that political will to leave the PDP en masse and this will be their greatest undoing
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by EPOMA(m): 1:59am On May 17, 2011
konkolok:

Ndi igbo NTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. When you do things without thinking, oh sorry you were thinking of your stomachs,  Please dont compare yourselves with the Yorubas because in politics they are head and shoulders above you guys. Haven't you seen how they dealt with bad governments in the West? what did we do in the East, we simply re-elected them and that crook Ohakim almost got his way as well. The East should be ashamed of themselves. A people wh cannot stand up and rid themselves of bad governments and bad selfish and inept leaders. Allow the worst among you to be your representatives and now you stand up to complain. Biko whoever knows that Fisherman should help me tall him to make sure no IBO man holds any meaninnful post. After all, they have not made up their minds wether to go for Senate presidency or Speaker or SGF. That  Ike Ekweremadu is kissing backside to retain deputy senate president position when he should be rallying other senators to make him Senate president.

If i had my way no ibo man will smell any post until they learn to take a common stand.

well said
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by T9ksy(m): 3:16am On May 17, 2011
Dede1:

@POST

It is a wanton display of idiocy for these idiots called politicians to embark on collection of signatories to enhance decampment from PDP instead of finding means to collect guns and ammunitions to actualize Biafra or Republic of Igbo land.

Any blue-blooded Igbo person who believed the Igbo ethnic group’s issue in Nigeria can be wished away is a compound fool. If it will take going to war to resolve the issue of Igbo land in presently constituted Nigeria, I am fully in support it.

Oh no, not another biafra AGAIN!!

Oh well, I can only hope you guys have learnt something from the last war.

DON'T BRING YOUR WAHALA INTO YORUBALAND!!!
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by Dede1(m): 5:21am On May 17, 2011
T9ksy:

Oh no, not another biafra AGAIN!!

Oh well, I can only hope you guys have learnt something from the last war.

DON'T BRING YOUR WAHALA INTO YORUBALAND!!!

For once in your confused world, you are correct that Biafrans learnt something from the previous civil war because they fought the war from a vintage position.  grin grin grin
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by Nobody: 7:29am On May 17, 2011
I laugh when I hear my people (Igbos) take sides with desperate politicians from the South East. From the time of Iwuanyanwu to the present day Igbos politicians, except for Pius Anyim and Ngige, I have not seen a people-oriented politician from the SE extract. All these cries about zoning makes me sick. These people are only looking out for what they will eat along with their sponsors (Godfathers). Okadigbo, Wagbara, Ken Nnamani, etc, etc were all there. Point out what they did for the ordinary Nigerians. We only gave them platform to propagate their personal interests and act as spokepersons (self appointed) to the SE. How many of them can claim support from the ordinary Igbo people. How many of us, on true evaluation, can follow their advice. The Igbo people are far more sophisticated and independent minded to listen to these people. Deep down in our minds, we know it. I suggest we should stop wasting precious time listening and taking sides with the egoistic political hawks from the SE that claim to represent us.
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by Teextoo(m): 10:31am On May 17, 2011
I have been following various political threads in this forum, most of which always turns to disgusting tribal bashing. And as far as am concerned most of these internet gangsters/gladiators cannot burst a grape in a fruit fight, they rather hide behind their inconspicuous screen and say stuff that any real Nigerian knows to be garbage. As far as am concerned most of these sentiments does represent the actual view except that of cowards that knows they can't change or influence things about their environment. I look forward to a time when young people in this country can actually use their limited time on something productive and even when they want to engage in a debate, they do it with an open mind with actual good intention of being productive.

That said, I can only say that the stands been presented on nairaland about political issues most times do not represent the stand or the opinion of the man on the street or anywhere trying to feed himself and his family. just as this issue on ground do not have anything to do with an average Igbo hustling to make ends meet or for his benefit. We Igbos have some very pressing needs to negotiate for, not some bloody senatorial or house of rep positions that is all about self aggrandizement. I know we are comfortable because we do well wherever we are but we can do better by taking a look back home and getting rid of all these career politicians (irrespective of their parties) that claim to represent us while representing themselves.
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by awuf2008: 1:08pm On May 17, 2011
@proudly9ja, your videos has proved nothing. who told those under age youths are pdp members? How many of those youth where captured on video? Now count the total numbers youth captured on the video and subtract it from the total no. of votes scored by Jonathan. Will that have any effect on the overall result? No Therefore this video has no meaning. And for you to know, i have posted in my Facebook, a similar pictures of underage youths voting in some Northern part of the country without linking them to any Political party.
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by nedu666: 4:06pm On May 17, 2011
SOME of u are myopic, firstly the south east leaders have not met, read the guardian.

secondly what makes u think that jona will go in 2015.

thirdly why should the south east vote buhari, he did not implement any project in the south east as head of ptf, he advocated for sharia, yet failed to introduce it during his tenure, he declared muslim should vote for muslim, did not bother o campaign in the east.

fourthly wat makes u think if buhari or any nothernern won the election in 2011, he will go in 2015, def NO, he will do a second term and claim UMYA term ended with him when he died

If the south east wants a candidate in 2015, they should present one like the ACN and vote him, with or without support of anyone, if we need to return to regional parties then let it be so.
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by rhymz(m): 11:05am On May 18, 2011
I'm so disappointed at GEJ. This man will never shed himself off the strangle hold of OBJ, IBB, Atiku & co.
He is so ready to sacrifice Igbo interest to save face with regions that dont even give a damn about him. I'm almost begining to regret my support for this man.
He fails to remember that Ndigbo gave him enough confidence not just in words but in action. Besides, the SS which is his region, no other region gave him the kind of support we gave him. We even spite our own ambitions to ensure he emerged as President. His Party PDP got a wholesome support in votes from the SE region yet he did not see any need to argue for our case given his position when his party leadership surreptitiuosly schemed us out of relevance in their appointments to the extent of giving speakership to a zone that is in the hands of opposition. What a disrespect! Not even one person from the SS region has openly said anything about this injustice to people that considered them brothers even after they(SSoutherners) betrayed us in the past.
Now there are reports that it is even the Northerners that are pushing for the SE to get the speakership position.
GEJ and his SS brothers ve got to be the most stupid and clueless politicians in Nigeria if they fail to read the handwritings on the walls of our political scenes, is it not obvious there is a scheme here?
The present chairman of the PDP is from the North, he and other northern PDP strongmen in the NWC understand the impact of SE support to Jonathan or any serious bonding between the SE and SS; what did they do? First, they capitalized on the love-hate relationship or rivalry between SE and SW plus OBJ's greedy desire to have the SW retain the position-to forestall the SW from joining in the burgeoning southern relationship-they agreed to give it to the SW to keep us at loggerhead with the SWest while we question the basis of our support for GEJ and the new found relationship with the SS people. While all these play out, they on their own part will be the ones to come to our rescue against the supposed enemy, SW. And possibly we will begin to hate the SS for not reciprocating our support.
All these are playing out because GEJ and SS politicians lack the courage and political savvy to read the handwritings on the wall, they dont even understand who their friends are.
GEJ is a serious lame duck with no serious personal resolve to do anything. I like the way the Yorubas are busy looking out for their own. They understand tribal politics than we, ndigbo.
I guess Ndigbo will ve to be forced to sever their relationship with the SS, they obviously are not worth the sacrifice. "My mamma say pikin wey call her mamma, she go call am pikin".
We dont ve to have to leave the party just yet, let us wait and see at least, until after d swearing in.
But let it be known, Ndigbo leaders must never make any concessions again on the strength of brotherhood but on the basis of strategic benefits and importance.
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by omenala(m): 12:21pm On May 18, 2011
@ op, stop causing unnecessary panic! We should not allow politicians with personal interests to manipulate us, there is still alot to gain from gej's government.
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by FirmKY: 5:49am On May 20, 2011
Onlytruth,

Sorry for my late response, been away.

Your are absolutely right, the alliance will do us all equal good but you will agree with me that is was the SE that risked the most in the 2011 elections and if you read my post I never called on the SE to make any further sacrifices rather I am asking them to consolidate on the achievements gotten so far.

I think in politics, you intimidate, cajole or do whatever to [b]acquire [/b]power, then you cajole/maneuver to [b]consolidate [/b]on the newly acquired power before you can then [b]use [/b]the power, your moniker says "ONLYTRUTH" so I believe u truly would not expect GEJ to show displeasure publicly or otherwise at the stance OBJ is taking against the SE cuz he still needs OBJ and OBJ knows that too.

To some people, GEJ is weak, stupid, mumu, bla bla bla, now ask urself; how many fight has he lost in his mumuish way, just be truthful. Watch GEJ closely and u'll definitely see that GEJ fully understands the Nigeria ethnic political equation and must seem to fully carry everybody along WITHOUT ANY PERCIVCED SPECIAL ATTENTION NOW cuz he needs to consolidate on the newly acquired power.

I want all SE PDP chieftains to stop washing their dirty laundry in public, they all have direct access to GEJ so if they have any issue they should come together, discuss it among themselves and sought after a meeting with GEJ for clarification rather than going to the newspaper, how do u think their constant vituperation on the newspaper makes the president (their brother) feels. If u have issues with ur elder brother do u go to the streets and start shouting? Pls, understand at the present time the issue of POLITICAL POWER CONSOLIDATION is paramount and GEJ must act & seem fair to all particularly to the regions that did not vote for him…he has 4 years of power…remember that.

NOTE that the Nigerian President is like a LOIN…an Igbo adage has it that “anagi abara AGU mba” the North is seriously grumbling/crumbling but yet they are not shouting too much cuz they understand how powerful that presidency is & the SE has always been shouting thus they may not fully understand their current position that’s why the SE governors should call all these politicians to order.

To others that like making noise…it’s NEVER wise to draw unnecessary attention to urself. Starting a topic with captions such as “SW is the biggest loser” immediately after elections is totally myopic, childish and naive…this democracy so play the game accordingly.

@ Vicenzo & Udezue
Guys u really need to calm down, I NEVER said we should sacrifice the aspiration of Ndiigbo on whatever reasons…I am only saying we should be pragmatic enough to set priorities right…SE/IGBO recently made a VERY BIG political statement in Nigeria & u wish us to rubbish that statement with childish threats…ask urself this question…North and SW are not in power then who is? Bros, u just got power…don’t forget that. The NA CANNOT do ANYTHING without the backing of Aso Rock no matter the skewed number in favour of the North…THEY CANNOT IMPEACH GEJ. The Nigerian president is so powerful to devour whatever threat perceived. Presently, the North is shattered…u can see that from the comments of Ndus & co.

The NW is scheming badly now and what is the SE doing…talking to newspapers. Understand one thing, when I called for unity…I only want the SE to play a much higher & sophisticated politics unlike the North. The NW is busy luring the SW and the SW is on the fence like always waiting to see how long this new political block will last. The NW is sure of the NE so once they secure the SW then they will easily gets the NC states (those currently with them & others without them). Once they achieve that, u will see many out-favoured politicians of SE/SS falling over themselves to deliver the SE/SS to NW. ALL I WANT THE SE LEADERS TO DO IS TO QUIT NEWSPAPER politics – have a meeting with GEJ like brothers, ask him for his plans & visions and then align SE wider plans with GEJ presidency. If they disagree on anything – they should as matter of urgency trash it there and move on. Don’t go on newspaper to talk trash and end up showing the whole world that u are really NOTHING after all!
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by davd: 9:50am On May 20, 2011
If you follow South-Eastern people then get prepare to enter ditch. There are just making noise to be splashed with money. They want pro-election distribution of money to continue. I always tell them to wait till next election in four yrs time, but they want the money now; and is not possible since the election is over. Where are they decamping to? Is it Atiku or IBB camp?
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by rhymz(m): 2:05pm On May 20, 2011
@FirmKY
Dude you are doing exactly what the Igbo leaders did in supporting GEJ, lending support on the basis of sentiment and not on real pragmatic political agreement that will further our cause.
Enough of that pandering and pampering, obviously, GEJ is only interested in those regions and people he considers as powerful threat than in showing any iota of independence of mind and ensuring equality.
Your claim of him needing OBJ and hence his reluctance to show displeasure at his belligerance is laughable, what exactly does he need OBJ for?
The entire southwest is not even in the hands of PDP, if the man was so powerful, how come he could not even win one state for the PDP in his region. OBJ is as powerless as a cockroach, it is the Nigerian media that makes him feel so powerful and myterious, they credit him with some fictitiuos political genius like he has shown any laudable political finesse in handling issues besides dumb, brash use of force and resort to corrupt, high-handed means.
Tinubu will trample on him any day in a power struggle in the SW region, that old general is overrated, his style of politics is so stale in the Nigeria of today, no wonder even his own people oppose him vehemently.
I dont mean to insult you, but your analysis on issue is at best childish and passive too.
We jeopardise our chances of emerging as V.P in readiness for the bigger picture in 2015, JEG needs to understand that a bird at hand is worth two in the bush, he seems to want to conquer the unforeseen even if it means sacrificing his allies. May be he, GEJ will take us seriously, when we leave sentiments aside and root for our gains like others are doing with him, may be only then will he learn to make his decisions based on priorities.
He seems to be moved by threat rather than common sense. Since he belives satisfying OBJ's ego is more important than being fair and realistic to understand that performance is also paramount to choosing who should get what especially as it concerns the party.
How exactly can anyone rationalize that a region the party has no control over is going to get such an exalted position as against another region that gave total support to the party.
And bros pls stop talking like our politicians are the only ones complaining you make it sound like they dont have rights to voice out their displeasure in the open, all that talk about SE chieftain washing dirty clothes outside shows you do not understand the intrigues of the report, you make it sound like they went to press to issue threat. Abeg learn to argue without those needless stereotyping of a sect, everyone is lobbying, the Igbos are no different stop sounding defeatist like we should be begging where others are demanding, that sounds lame biko. It is you who is reading meaning into what Igbo leaders are saying which is not different from their counterpart, every goddam section of the country is making a hell of noise, stop taking special interest in what
igbo leaders say.
Guy you need to be more realistic with your expectations, we have gone past the era for begging for little things, now it is a demand. Learn to talk that way, we are not the only ones demanding. Power has never been a business of begging, you demand it and work for it.
At this point, Igbos need to be more concerned with themselves than with what is going to happen to GEJ if we leave him, he already is taking care of himself sacrificing allies and trying to appease everybody to the dentriment of his allies.
My dad always says this; i will only help a friend that wants my help as friend but I wont say let us exchange situations just to ease my friend's burden. For what na
Re: Mass Defection From PDP Looms In South-East Over Zoning by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
The Political game in Nigeria has started with defection/Cross-carpetting drama here and there.
May God help the masses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) / Ambode Must Probe Fashola Now – PDP / You Have Equal Rights In Katsina– Gov. Masari Tells Katsina Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.