Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,935 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:28 AM

FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 (11437 Views)

FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate / From $2.1billion Left By Jonathan, PMB Depletes Excess Crude Account To $60mill / Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 by COMPAQ(m): 10:15am On Jul 30, 2021
Omihanifa:
Same gas that we were told we have in abundant quantity and we are even flaring it away is what has suddenly become very expensive again undecided

What a country

I'm confused!!! The article is about a reduction in price and you are still complaining of it becoming expensive!!!
Re: FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 by omohayek: 10:35am On Jul 30, 2021
grandstar:
I hope the price reduction in future will not be something the country will regret.
Unfortunately, it's pretty much guaranteed that we eventually will. Not a single price control has ever been introduced without the hope that it won't get out of control, yet unless the control is so weak as to be meaningless, the "upward sticky" nature of prices almost always makes the bad outcome the inevitable one.

In this particular case, all we're seeing is Buhari yet again displaying his inability to comprehend economic activity other than in terms of controls and punishment of "evil" actors seeking to make a profit. It will never occur to him that it's precisely such meddling that has led Nigeria's power sector into the disaster it has become - instead, like Stalin he'll keep casting about ever more frenetically for "wreckers" and "saboteurs" to blame for his own self-inflicted catastrophes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 by joshuaidibia(m): 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2021
Bola146:
I bought 12kg for #4600 last week cry cry cry

Mine was 5200 embarassed

Which area?
Re: FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 by grandstar(m): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2021
omohayek:

Unfortunately, it's pretty much guaranteed that we eventually will. Not a single price control has ever been introduced without the hope that it won't get out of control, yet unless the control is so weak as to be meaningless, the "upward sticky" nature of prices almost always makes the bad outcome the inevitable one.

In this particular case, all we're seeing is Buhari yet again displaying his inability to comprehend economic activity other than in terms of controls and punishment of "evil" actors seeking to make a profit. It will never occur to him that it's precisely such meddling that has led Nigeria's power sector into the disaster it has become - instead, like Stalin he'll keep casting about ever more frenetically for "wreckers" and "saboteurs" to blame for his own self-inflicted catastrophes.

You're correct.

In the not so distant past, the oil companies found it economical to just flare the gas than put it back into the system because the price offered for it was too low. They still preferred to flare even when fined.

The market should be the sole determinant of the price.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 by jacoik(m): 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2021
Bola146:
I bought 12kg for #4600 last week cry cry cry
me I bought 12.5 for 5600
Re: FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 by COMPAQ(m): 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2021
grandstar:

You're correct.

In the not so distant past, the oil companies found it economical to just flare the gas than put it back into the system because the price offered for it was too low. They still preferred to flare even when fined.

The market should be the sole determinant of the price.

Totally agree with you!
Re: FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 by sonofthunder: 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2021
kolakolex:

because we trust our own currency.

How do they want the naira to appreciate,when even local products are priced in dollars.

Na how e take shock me
Re: FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 by vivavik(f): 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2021
Omihanifa:
Same gas that we were told we have in abundant quantity and we are even flaring it away is what has suddenly become very expensive again undecided

What a country

You need to come and see how they waste (flare) this gas in Bonny, putting peoples' health at risk.
Re: FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 by Valachix: 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
yahmohy27:

Mumu you think you are coursing Buhari? you are indirectly cursing yourself because is not Buhari doing
What if I tell you they sell here 500 naira per kg(6kg=3000 naira).
And in the same city you will see different prices depending your location or how smart you are..
You be mumu. you better stop unnecessary courses on your leaders that do not have connection with your useless life .

Brain dead zone B.
It shall never be well with you and your ilk.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 by Valachix: 3:33pm On Aug 10, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
Senselessness. Per kg here is less than #400.

Insult your dubious retailers

Retard Zone B

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor / APC Chairmanship: Search For Ganduje’s Replacement Begins - Leadershipng / I Lost My Voters Card (P.V.C) , Please Help On How To Get Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.