Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,657 members, 7,945,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:43 AM

The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges (9082 Views)

Have You Worked In A Family Owned Business? Share Your Experience / What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by Gambit23: 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
God can handle his biz , dosent need selfish men , don't u know Angels are working and walking amongst us grin angry grin grin grin grin grin
Glory to GOD

Nope, Angels are mythical white creatures from europe, they have no business in Africa.

Since God can handle his business, Then why exactly is ur church asking u for money? If God gives them money, why do they keep telling u to bring money....Even the free transport, ur so called man of God oyedepo couldn't still pay for it so they his member will enjoy their first kobo from him.

PASTORPRENUERS everywhere

1 Like

Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by vickydevoka(m): 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2021
SanctifiedSista:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin so if it's u, and ur boy no open shop , but u dey pray say make moni come , God carry u go one of ur shops and u see u boy no open church , others there told u same, u will leave him there abi..watch ur utterances before God vex for u
Na ur own God (African God) go vex with you. Buh my own God (American God) no go vex with me. My own God no allow him senior pastor sack junior pastor bcus him no bring return. Una senior pastor no even get patience for de business to grow. M hu tell u say him no open shop. Him open buh de people get where Dem de go buy from. U need patience. Catholic priest de enter Cameroon for one local village way no get person go propagate de word of God still build mud house to start with. Sister please stop being brain washed for your own good
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by yinkus6750(m): 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2021
My tips for the business.

Source of supply of getting the ice creams?
Freezers or cold room for storage?
Constant light ( generator) , to ensure they always frozen?
Control/ monitoring of sales boys for the ice cream ?
Distribution of products to supermarkets and other stores.
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by tuna85: 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2021
yinkus6750:
My tips for the business.

Source of supply of getting the ice creams?
Freezers or cold room for storage?
Constant light ( generator) , to ensure they always frozen?
Control/ monitoring of sales boys for the ice cream ?
Distribution of products to supermarkets and other stores.

Thanks Boss, really appreciate wink
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by tuna85: 4:36pm On Jul 31, 2021
Guru1111:
cool
I won't be surprised to know that this op is a graduate...

See wetin our governor don subject us to undecided

Whenever I think of the fact that this regime still have from now till 2023,my head just dey boil....
How sure am I self that the next regime may even be worse than what we are having now undecided

Sure, m a graduate but the hustle definitely continues, on God wink
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by tuna85: 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2021
Adebaba1:
It's a good business especially in the north because of the climate.

Noted.. thanks
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by tuna85: 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2021
dingbang:
Sight it in front of uni or poly

noted Boss
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by Fortez: 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2021
Oh
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by Tayeni(m): 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2021
tuna85:
Hi Bosses,

I am currently drafting my business plan for sales of ice cream brands like Fanice/Fanmilk, Go Slo etc and will love to gather some opinions and guidance from the experienced ones who have been in the business. Kindly share your merits and challenges.

Thanks.
Which brand are you looking to sell?
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by rosinkkit: 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2021
Guru1111:
cool
I won't be surprised to know that this op is a graduate...

See wetin our governor don subject us to undecided

Whenever I think of the fact that this regime still have from now till 2023,my head just dey boil....
How sure am I self that the next regime may even be worse than what we are having now undecided

WHAT A RIDICULOUS POST.

If he IS a graduate, then THIS is exactly what he studied for, ie to become an analytical, thoughtful, independent, driven individual, ready to do some research and start a business.

Get rid of the archaic mentality that university is 'supposed' to prepare you for a salaried job.

2 Likes

Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by rosinkkit: 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2021
tuna85:
Hi Bosses,

I am currently drafting my business plan for sales of ice cream brands like Fanice/Fanmilk, Go Slo etc and will love to gather some opinions and guidance from the experienced ones who have been in the business. Kindly share your merits and challenges.

Thanks.

Why not make the ice cream yourself?

Create your own brand?

You can go on YouTube right now and learn for free how to make ice creams of various flavours.

That's what I'd do if I were you.

Take your time, do it right, and retailers will be queueing at your door for the product.

Before you know it, you're selling to Shoprite. You don blow be that.
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by StayMotivated: 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Love the ice cream biz
Sha come to church tomorrow
Free bus dey at Ikeja along or oshodi bustop waving ur white handkerchief
Which church is that? and what time is the bus moving?
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by tuna85: 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2021
rosinkkit:

Why not make the ice cream yourself?

Create your own brand?

You can go on YouTube right now and learn for free how to make ice creams of various flavours.

That's what I'd do if I were you.

Take your time, do it right, and retailers will be queueing at your door for the product.

Before you know it, you're selling to Shoprite. You don blow be that.

You are right Bro but I have come to understand that ice cream production will incur a larger capital than ice cream sales, reason why I preferred the sales aspect and with time, I would definitely grow into production.
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by tuna85: 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2021
Tayeni:
Which brand are you looking to sell?

Fanmilk, Premium ice cream (Go Slo) and Supreme.
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by tuna85: 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2021
tommy589:

Electricity is the major problem,followed by availability of hawkers. Have you been granted distributorship by Fan milk?If not,go there make inquiries.Better to know your profit margin,that is if you have like four guys hawking for you with fan milk coolers filled to the brim with their brands

Noted, will definitely make all findings, thanks a lot
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by tommy589(m): 9:47pm On Jul 31, 2021
tuna85:

Noted, will definitely make all findings, thanks a lot

Not sure distributorship fee will be free, I suggest you follow @rosinkit advise.

My mother had distributorship of one of these ice cream companies from the 70s before she called it quit in 83. Years later I started my own small scale production before I closed shop. It was a lucrative business but constant electricity for preservation is the major problem.

It is such a lucrative business that big investors are scared to put in their money. These ice cream products you listed are still without competitors in some West African countries,and you need to find out why it is the same old school producers that are still in the business

1 Like

Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by tuna85: 10:39pm On Jul 31, 2021
tommy589:

Not sure distributorship fee will be free, I suggest you follow @rosinkit advise.

My mother had distributorship of one of these ice cream companies from the 70s before she called it quit in 83. Years later I started my own small scale production before I closed shop. It was a lucrative business but constant electricity for preservation is the major problem.

It is such a lucrative business that big investors are scared to put in their money. These ice cream products you listed are still without competitors in some West African countries,and you need to find out why it is the same old school producers that are still in the business

Not sure I can start with distributorship as regards my capital, my plan is a well furnished cafe with a 500l freezer, a capable generator. I can always buy a great amount of ice creams from distributors for a start. Location also has to be an area with average electricity and close to a campus environment. I believe I can start this way or what do you think?
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by tommy589(m): 12:14am On Aug 01, 2021
tuna85:

Not sure I can start with distributorship as regards my capital, my plan is a well furnished cafe with a 500l freezer, a capable generator. I can always buy a great amount of ice creams from distributors for a start. Location also has to be an area with average electricity and close to a campus environment. I believe I can start this way or what do you think?

It is good you have a targeted market. Consider their purchasing power since you are buying from a distributor, I think the cheapest ice cream should be 250 Naira,not so sure. It is a perishable product,think of the distance to buy from the distributor except it is delivery to your door step.

Why don't you opt for the cone ice cream? Learn how to make ice cream to lower the price and be able make variety of flavors. Look for a tokunbo vending machine,buy ready made cones to fill with ice cream from the machine. Dispensing from the machine would bring more customers. You only need a little above 2.5 generator to run it. Even if you rent a shop it is still cost saving
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by tuna85: 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021
tommy589:

It is good you have a targeted market. Consider their purchasing power since you are buying from a distributor, I think the cheapest ice cream should be 250 Naira,not so sure. It is a perishable product,think of the distance to buy from the distributor except it is delivery to your door step.

Why don't you opt for the cone ice cream? Learn how to make ice cream to lower the price and be able make variety of flavors. Look for a tokunbo vending machine,buy ready made cones to fill with ice cream from the machine. Dispensing from the machine would bring more customers. You only need a little above 2.5 generator to run it. Even if you rent a shop it is still cost saving

I see a lot of intelligence and sense in the bolded, will strat to consider these as well, really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:02am On Aug 01, 2021
StayMotivated:

tommy589:

come to ikeja along or oshodi army market junction 7am to 9am waving a white handkerchief, someone will take u to church..if u are not in Lagos, let me know so I can find d one near u..the church is living faith church winners chapel
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:03am On Aug 01, 2021
StayMotivated:

come to ikeja along or oshodi army market junction 7am to 9am waving a white handkerchief, someone will take u to church..if u are not in Lagos, let me know so I can find d one near u..the church is living faith church winners chapel
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by tuna85: 7:03am On Aug 01, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:

undecided
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by smartNerd: 8:26am On Aug 01, 2021
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a
product of my decisions. -- Stephen Covey

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13900158_dearpastthank_jpeg_jpegdb11b56dcd31f27e7abf4625978d6c01
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by folake4u(f): 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2021
squash47:
Person like me fit lick the ice cream finish before I start d business.

Me too! grin

1 Like

Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by RepairZone: 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2021
Profit Margin : High
Risks Level : High
Highly perishable product
Cost centre: Energy cost, Dispensing Equipment, Mobile and Fixed Storage
Best Business Location: High traffic area like schools, shopping mall, Markets.

*To cut down on the risk, focus on any of the value chain like manufacturing, Storage, logistics or sales channel.
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by tuna85: 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2021
RepairZone:
Profit Margin : High
Risks Level : High
Highly perishable product
Cost centre: Energy cost, Dispensing Equipment, Mobile and Fixed Storage
Best Business Location: High traffic area like schools, shopping mall, Markets.

*To cut down on the risk, focus on any of the value chain like manufacturing, Storage, logistics or sales channel.

Very well noted Boss, thanks a lot
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by SanctifiedSista(f): 9:04pm On Sep 02, 2021
vickydevoka:

I no fit attend church way de pastor de sack another pastor bcus of him no bring return
if Na u wey u pay sales girl to open shop but because u get other branches and one day decide to visit there, nobody dey shop and pple say na so she dey do plus u see customer dey come dey go since shop dey lock...u go happy?
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by vickydevoka(m): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
if Na u wey u pay sales girl to open shop but because u get other branches and one day decide to visit there, nobody dey shop and pple say na so she dey do plus u see customer dey come dey go since shop dey lock...u go happy?

Thank God u say na shop. Church no follow agains, na business
Re: The Ice Cream Sales Business - Share Your Merits And Challenges by susanmark: 4:37pm On Aug 30
Hello. I am in the process of drafting my business plan for selling ice cream brands such as Fanice/Fanmilk, Go Slo, and others. I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice from those who have experience in this industry. Specifically, I'm interested in learning about both the advantages and challenges you've encountered. Additionally, if anyone has experience with ice cream machine rental, I'd love to hear how it has impacted your operations.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Television Authority Interview Question / Please Did Anyone Recieve This Sms From BW PLC / Info On Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Airforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.