Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,072 members, 7,987,804 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 05:08 PM

FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari (494 Views)

Caption This Picture Of DCP Abba Kyari And Evans / *fbi Indictment: Igp Recommends Suspension Of Dcp Abba Kyari* / Americans React To Fbi’s Indictment Of 80 Nigerian Fraudsters (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by okrote4real: 9:46am On Aug 01, 2021
In reply, please quote,

Ref No. CZ.5300/FPRD/FHQ/ABJ/VOL.4/26

Date: 1st August, 2021

The Director of News
…………………………….

PRESS RELEASE

FBI INDICTMENT: IGP RECOMMENDS SUSPENSION OF DCP ABBA KYARI

...AS 4-MAN SPECIAL INVESTIGATION PANEL BEGINS PROBE

The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, psc (+), NPM, fdc has recommended the immediate suspension of DCP Abba Kyari, the Head of the Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT), from the Service of the Nigeria Police Force, pending the outcome of an ongoing internal investigations touching on him. The IGP, in his letter to the Police Service Commission, dated 31st July, 2021, noted that the recommendation for the suspension of the officer, is in line with the internal disciplinary processes of the Force.

The IGP further noted that the suspension is also expected to create an enabling environment for the NPF Special Investigation Panel to carry out its investigations into the weighty allegations against DCP Abba Kyari without interference. The suspension is without prejudice to the constitutional presumption of innocence in favour of the officer.

The Special Investigation Panel (SIP), comprising four (4) Senior Police Officers, is headed by DIG Joseph Egbunike, the Deputy Inspector General of Police in-charge of the Force Criminal Investigations Department (FCID). The SIP, inter alia, is to undertake a detailed review of all the allegations against DCP Abba Kyari by the US Government as contained in relevant documents that have been availed the NPF by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The SIP is also to obtain detailed representation of DCP Abba Kyari to all the allegations levelled against him, conduct further investigations as it deems fit, and submit recommendations to guide further actions by the Force Leadership on the matter.

Meanwhile, the IGP has reaffirmed the commitment of the Force to the Rule of Law and assured the public of the sanctity of the probe as well as the absolute respect for the rights and privileges of the officer throughout the period of the investigations.

CP FRANK MBA,
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
FORCE HEADQUARTERS,
ABUJA.

1st August, 2021

Re: FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by MadamVanessa(f): 9:48am On Aug 01, 2021
The uselesss fraudster is going down... Chai e the sweet me die.

IG signing for the fraudster suspension

2 Likes

Re: FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by deathmen12: 9:52am On Aug 01, 2021
Suspension lol, let the movie continue

1 Like

Re: FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by Femmyfestus: 9:59am On Aug 01, 2021
Truth be told. What does collecting bribe in Nigeria has to do with FBI that is in the US. He can be suspended. But extraditing him to US will be foolishness. US can't do the same to its citizen
Re: FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by Tony3245(m): 10:09am On Aug 01, 2021
Source?
Re: FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by SKYHIGHfx: 10:13am On Aug 01, 2021
Many days is for thief but one day is for owner. IG of police should not suspend him now, if Kenya government can hand over Nnamdi Kanu and still demanding for Igboho Osha, without missing words they should fly ABBA kyari to USA after cleared himself he should come back and continue his work as a gallant police officer.

2 Likes

Re: FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by tunjiajayi: 10:15am On Aug 01, 2021
Good one.
Re: FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by SKYHIGHfx: 10:19am On Aug 01, 2021
When u see certain comments here from our northern brothers, you will understand why Nigeria can't make any progress. Somebody who is roundly indicted for engaging in an illegal deal with a known fraudster, Then some persons are roundly defending him just because he is from the North. When Hushpupi was arrested, everybody ..both his people condemned him. No one defended him. This things and their likes would tell every right thinking person the reason why Nigeria is backward. We need to dissolve this entity.
Re: FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by okrote4real: 10:21am On Aug 01, 2021
You are seeing direct press statement. I don't post unverified stories here. I may post late but it's after thorough confirmation. Thank you. And I don't post for fun, I post for awareness.
Tony3245:
Source?
Re: FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by excel101(m): 10:24am On Aug 01, 2021
This is the way to go. Thumbs up to the IG of police. He can now be properly/thoroughly investigated. Its not just by him saying he's not complicit, but the outcome of his investigation would prove it. Abba Kiyari, should know that US, don't have any personal issue with him b4, they're just being transparent with their investigation.
Re: FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by kuuljay(m): 10:24am On Aug 01, 2021
Everybody is now a journalist
Re: FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by excel101(m): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2021
okrote4real:
You are seeing direct press statement. I don't post unverified stories here. I may post late but it's after thorough confirmation. Thank you. And I don't post for fun, I post for awareness.
You're very correct, the NPF PRO, Frank Mba, has made a press statement confirming DCP Abba Kiyari's suspention.
Re: FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by Sonnobax15(m): 10:35am On Aug 01, 2021
grin
Okk
Re: FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by yanabasee1(m): 10:46am On Aug 01, 2021
If Arewa like, they should go and study the extradition treaty and other forms of treaties that could safe the corrupt cop his neck.... It will not stop him from getting fried...

This is FBI and not DSS or EFCC.... I mean, FBI oh... Not those irresponsible and lazy DSS and EFCC that acts based on presidency order....
Re: FBI Indictment: IGP Recommends Suspension Of DCP Abba Kyari by Mynd44: 11:00am On Aug 01, 2021

(1)

What Is This Bizzare Looking Creature / Breaking: Gunmen Kill Senator Na Allah‘s Son, Steal His Vehicle In Kaduna / How I Escaped From My Kidnappers, Reverend Sister Narrates Ordeal (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.