Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,276 members, 7,887,799 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:03 PM

She Always Complains About My Attire - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Always Complains About My Attire (7661 Views)

My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat / She Complains I Last Longer Than Necessary During Love Making / If She Complains About This Few Things, Make Changes Asap... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Nobody: 4:38am On May 17, 2011
@op Sounds like your girl would rather hook up with a dude like Tosinville cheesy
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by adamsrib(f): 7:03am On May 17, 2011
Such wahala over clothes? She can suggest changes for you but to nag you about it is wrong. If you aren't going out looking crazy then there shouldn't be a problem. Let her dress you for a day and see how you like the result. You may be surprised. Also sit her down and talk to her. Try to find out if there is more to the situation than you know.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Tricici(f): 7:42am On May 17, 2011
How old is she I feel like she wants u to dress up like some teenager or something. Hey if she always complains about such a superficial thing I don't think you guys are building a relationship worth working on.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by 190: 8:51am On May 17, 2011
2buff:

@op Sounds like your girl would rather hook up with a dude like Tosinville cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Nobody: 8:55am On May 17, 2011
About your attire or swagless
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Nobody: 8:56am On May 17, 2011
2buff:

grin grin grin grin grin dude ain't gonna be cool with this cheesy
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Aydot99(m): 11:09am On May 17, 2011
She's not someone you will want to spend the rest of your life with. I beg go find anoda 1 dem plenty out there.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Texther(m): 11:42am On May 17, 2011
Take her out to a boutique, ask her to choose 4 u. Whatever she choses, accept them and make her happy by wearing them so far u love her!
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by badlaw(f): 1:23pm On May 17, 2011
the issue here is off two side

1, hate-------here is eida she wan live u find anoda maga
2, love-------here maybe she love u so much and wan change u to her best likin

i talk dis with my own case, be wise n try to make amendnt
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by MrCork17: 2:06pm On May 17, 2011
kunleajaye.  bro do u always dress like a mechanic? undecided   
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by sexylogan(m): 2:18pm On May 17, 2011
Poster,

Your gf is compairing you with sum slick well-dressed dude that has been toasting her or she has been eyeing, If she really loved you, her criticism of your dressing would be constructive, not insultive.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by enyinwa1: 2:58pm On May 17, 2011
if she has a good sense of dressing then listen to her cos she want u to look hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hotttt u kn hahahahah
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 17, 2011
Semi-derail moment - LMAOOOOOOOOO! this reminds me of when me and Chima were talking about how
our dudes dress. Tube socks and sandles with shades on even at night! LMAO! grin grin
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by roadsta(m): 4:05pm On May 17, 2011
badlaw:

the issue here is off two side

1, hate-------here is eida she wan live u find anoda maga
2, love-------here maybe she love u so much and wan change u to her best likin

i talk dis with my own case, be wise n try to make amendnt
You can,t be wise and be in love at the same time ,
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Fimmy(m): 4:44pm On May 17, 2011
she doesnt like you for who you are.FREE HER
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by juman(m): 7:05pm On May 17, 2011
Let her go jor.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by denny4ril: 11:31pm On May 17, 2011
To make a date and relationship work out, you need to understand the peinciples of communication. if what your date likes to see you wear is not

what you are wearing and she begins to appreciate it on other guys, wont you be jealous? Communication is a great issue that has made many

regret losing their relationshhip. Experience is the best teaher but do not learn from ur own as this could be painful

and if you do not want that to happen to you, i advice you read about " How to Keep Your Long Term Marriage Alive Even If You Think It's Too Late "

at romance-gists.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by MrsChima(f): 11:35pm On May 17, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Semi-derail moment - LMAOOOOOOOOO! this reminds me of when me and Chima were talking about how
our dudes dress. Tube socks and sandles with shades on even at night! LMAO! grin grin

Sis! Don't forget the thong sandal flip flops with cotton socks! I am like NEGRO, you are not CHINESE!
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by DonShark(m): 10:56am On May 18, 2011
My guy,three things are involved which are as follows:

1. Get rid of the girl and live your life the way you want it.

2. Manage your life the way it is considering it as your fate.

3. Authorize the girl to be shopping for you and peace will reign.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by hustla(m): 5:09pm On May 18, 2011
Buh d girl may be right in some way buh d way she just puts her argument may be a lil harsh, come on man, colored underwear in 2011??jor!, wen no be say u b batman or comic hero!!

IMO i fink u should goto a school like covenant uni n learn hw to dress more,best dressed sets of students in d country as regards corporate attire, u'l notice deir kinda ways even on jeans r kinda diff too, and pls watch TV often;look@ ppl,identify wot really fits u and makes sense, Get a good tailor if u r d shirt kinda person, for jeans, matured ppl dont rock baggies,jus str8 cuts or moderately skinny ones, for native,look @ fashion mags and see wassop, and dont go n buy useless ankara n feel fly wif urself (tho' some look gud sha)

Aal z well,
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by hustla(m): 5:19pm On May 18, 2011
oh sori seems dude aint in naija, gud, in tht case,look at ppl arnd u n use em dress styles to create ur own in a way tht u like, boiz cant be wearing baggies n u r wearing skinnies, if i was in ny or smwhere, ma jeans might nt b totally skinny, on the oda hand i might not wear hightops in 9ja buh may wear em in ny cos of locatn change, like i said in ma post,watch tv more and read mags, GQ or The Source Mag, u do d math,
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 18, 2011
Could the OP"s girlfriend wants him to sag.She says he dresses like an old man so what she might believe is that when someone dresses like a young man he has to sag his trousers like the hip hop rappers.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by blueblood1(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2011
""We had just come off an argument we had in which neither of us spoke to each other for almost two weeks""
just quoting you,

deal with it, she is only tolerating you. she doesnt love you one inch! you cant truly love someone, and not speak with the person for almost two weeks!

get off the relationship. cos, she would soon start complaining about your mother! (she asked if your mum buys ur clothes, dint she?? tongue tongue
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by CHIMSKY(m): 6:50pm On May 19, 2011
She's putting you down and it has a bad long term effect on your self-esteem that could spill into other areas of your life.Besides if I know women; she may be trying to pass you a message.My advice-leave!
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by ShyOne(f): 4:18am On Jul 11, 2011
I passionately hate white underwear on men or women.

If I wanted sex from you - once you revealed your "Tidy Whitees" - my desire disappears immediately.

Grown men also - boxers not "little boy underwear" - I have never liked hanes briefs or any type of briefs on men. I love boxer shorts on men. Maybe because the little briefs are too small to hold the man wearing them - so I've never had a man wear the briefs before.

@ Poster - Dump her backside

It sounds like you dress very well.  Keeping up with the "Jones's" is cliche and will keep you in the "poor house."

As long as you aren't wearing hawaiian looking shirts with flowers and striped or checked pants  - it sounds like you are doing a fine job. Clothes don't make the person - the person makes the clothes.

Remember that. If you are in shape, look good, have swag - you can wear a paper bag and it will glow and everyone around you will want to copy.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
Nekai:
lipsrsealed

Besides the underwear issue, I think the girl is not right in the head. People who complain this much are never happy in spite of their surroundings or situation. She throws around serious insults like water, all over some clothes? Move on.

if the woman that you divorce in the other thread is the woman in this post. itshows you're the only one in love. she was never in love from the beginning. just check what a fellow woman said.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2018
CHIMSKY:
She's putting you down and it has a bad long term effect on your self-esteem that could spill into other areas of your life.Besides if I know women; she may be trying to pass you a message.My advice-leave!

kunleajaye why didn't you yield to this advice
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by rickyboss333: 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2018
kunleajaye:
[b]I don’t seem to know why, but this girl I’m going out with now seems to always complain about anything I buy in terms of attire or anything I wear. If it is not my shirt today, it is my jeans that are not baggy tomorrow. If it is not that, it is my boxers and singlet that are not white. I k now a guy has to dress right to impress anyone and everyone has his/her own style of dressing, but I see nothing wrong in what I wear. Everyone compliments me on what I wear every now and then, and i always try to look good and buy myself things every now and then that i get some change, but she’s always saying that I do not dress well, and that I dress like an old man. This always pisses me off. There was a day I wore my normal pair of jeans which, according to her were not baggy and in the current style, and she went ahead to ask me whether it was my mother that usually picks my clothes for me. That statement really annoyed me that day and I made sure I told her my mind.

Another day she complained that I didn’t wear white underwear. I know myself very well and I never like to wear anything white. I’ve told her several times and tried to tell her that not everything she likes might be to my own taste, but she never seems to agree to my own opinions. I even think she’s trying to control my style to her own taste, some of which I do not like. She seems to like these flashy kind of attire, but I don’t.

The one that really pissed me off the most was yesterday. I went to pick up a pair of suits I bought last week for my graduation next week and took her along. We had just come off an argument we had in which neither of us spoke to each other for almost two weeks. I wanted to make it up to her and patch things up, so I decided to take her out for lunch. I got to where I was to pick up the suits and she flared up, saying the suits did not have slits on the sides of the jacket. We got back to the car, and she went on ranting, saying that I do not have a personality and that the suits I bought were rubbish. I really got pissed and I just drove her back to her apartment without having the lunch I planned.

I’m really fed up with her and her attitude towards my clothes. Everyone has their own tastes, and I hate to be controlled on what I wear, especially if everyone around compliments me, but not her.[/b]

can I ask u a question? in d midst of all these complaints of your dress style, has she ever bought u a boxers, at least the type that she likes?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Signs Of An Unhealthy Vagina And 11 Things You Can Do About It / Who get that Nude??? / See What Lady Ordered Boyfriend To Do To Prove He Is Not Cheating (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.