Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,505 members, 7,914,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 11:30 PM

Help : My Acura MDX 2004 Won't Crank - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help : My Acura MDX 2004 Won't Crank (863 Views)

Help!!! My Acura ZDX 2010 Radio Control Doesn’t Work / Can I Use 5w30 Instead Of 5w20 Recommended For My ACURA MDX 07 (tokubo) / Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help : My Acura MDX 2004 Won't Crank by funlover1(m): 10:04am On Aug 02, 2021
My Acura MDX 2004 experienced overheating and the mechanic decided we needed to change the radiator, we did that and everything was fine. But after then, I noticed the car won't start/crank easily. I initially thought it was battery but even after driving for several hours (after which the battery should have been charged enough) same thing was still happening.

I got a rewire who said it was the kick starter, we repaired the kick started but situation was the same. Then the mechanic recommended by the rewire discovered that oil was mixing with the oil, the oil was milky and the spark plug head was somehow wet.

This pointed to a bad gasket according to him.The mechanic changed the plug and after that the car cranked when we started it but that was the only time, the next morning it didn't crank ( just like it was doing before).

Now we have changed the gasket ,changed the oil but the car still won't crank.

The mechanic says we should change all the coil ( 6 of them) , he seems so confident that the car will work of we do that but I feel he is just doing trial and error.

Experts, kindly advise on what to do.

I am based in Lagos
Re: Help : My Acura MDX 2004 Won't Crank by neonly: 10:31am On Aug 02, 2021
funlover1:
My Acura MDX 2004 experienced overheating and the mechanic decided we needed to change the radiator, we did that and everything was fine. But after then, I noticed the car won't start/crank easily. I initially thought it was battery but even after driving for several hours (after which the battery should have been charged enough) same thing was still happening.

I got a rewire who said it was the kick starter, we repaired the kick started but situation was the same. Then the mechanic recommended by the rewire discovered that oil was mixing with the oil, the oil was milky and the spark plug head was somehow wet.

This pointed to a bad gasket according to him.The mechanic changed the plug and after that the car cranked when we started it but that was the only time, the next morning it didn't crank ( just like it was doing before).

The mechanic says we should change all the coil ( 6 of them) , he seems so confident that the car will work of we do that but I feel he is just doing trial and error.

I am based in Lagos

If you like sef just go and buy half engine jeje and save yur self from wahala
U sef why u dey use mDX dat SUV no get value at all sell and buy Benz and have rest of mind
Re: Help : My Acura MDX 2004 Won't Crank by funlover1(m): 11:41am On Aug 02, 2021
Thank you
neonly:

U sef why u dey use mDX dat SUV no get value at all sell and buy Benz and have rest of mind
Re: Help : My Acura MDX 2004 Won't Crank by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2021
neonly:

That's your response? Unbelievable!

3 Likes

Re: Help : My Acura MDX 2004 Won't Crank by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2021
funlover1:

I am based in Lagos
Just change the coils and check. A good scanner would have saved you all these troubles. Never too late, get a scanner if the ignition coil failed. It's a last resort after all. But also zero your mind that you may have to buy an engine
Re: Help : My Acura MDX 2004 Won't Crank by autologic: 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
funlover1:

I am based in Lagos
Why shd it suddenly be about coil ?This is a simple logic, focus should be on the last job that was carried out on the vehicle before the issue went further south which was cylinder head job
Find a technican that can do cylinder analysis test on the engine to determine the extent of damage on the engine ,from there u will know the next line of action .

1 Like

Re: Help : My Acura MDX 2004 Won't Crank by larrixauto2017(m): 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2021
funlover1:

I am based in Lagos

Lolzzzz..

1. The first Engineer Changed the radiator.. Becos Of Over heating.. and the car doesn't start during that time... Lol... Naija( Mechanic Just wake up and start guessing... Walai uncle kamo mecho will never learn till they Jail them..).. So No Inspection Or Even if there is inspection.. so that is the mechanic results.. (Replace The Radiator). Lol... And they have been a mechanic for. 40 years experience when you ask them.... Wow.

2. The Second One... (Oga Rewire) Said That your kick starter is faulty (lolzz) the guy wan murder the car.. still carry the kick go repair.. wow.. it alright... After cashing out still refer another one of his humble friend mechanic...

3. The Third Mechanic Referred by his good friend oga Rewire now come and discovered it is a flat head gasket.. lolzzz the third guy try.... Okay.. the guy that told you too replace all the spark plugs after detecting this need some heavy knock... Lolzz

Hello Sir.. Kindly Go For Complete Replacement Of The Engine... Before you start paying Ransom on the car....

P.S .. Most Naija Mechanic But The Learned Ones And The Old Ones.. Ehn... Sometimes I go just dey laff...

It is not that you have a big auto workshop oh or oga kabiru with 40 years experience...

Wo.. let me just shut up before I start bursting some company at the island... Awon elewa(Yoruba)

1 Like

Re: Help : My Acura MDX 2004 Won't Crank by diportivo: 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2021
neonly:

little wonder grin

Re: Help : My Acura MDX 2004 Won't Crank by weyreypey: 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2021
diportivo:

little wonder grin
Receipt man

(1) (Reply)

Sienna 2002, Good Engine Going For 1.7m / How Can I Polish My 1998 Toyota RAV4 Dashboard / Low Budget Cars That Sell Fast On Jiji. My Observations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.