Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,024 members, 7,915,970 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:16 PM

Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans (3419 Views)

Peter Obi On The Streets Of Lagos, Followed By Huge Crowd Of Supporters / REVEALED! How So Many Igbo Clans Were Ceded To Other Communities In Nigeria / Effium The Largest Igbo Community In Ebonyi State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by kollinzgee(m): 11:00am On Aug 02, 2021
Looks like ngwa may be the largest Igbo clan in the Southeast followed by ikwerre in the southsouth,i will use the number of local governments they have plus population size as evidence,for example ngwa has about 4 local governments in Abia they have obi ngwa,isiala ngwa ,osisioma ngwa plus Aba they number roughly 2million and ikwerre have ikwerre ,emuoha,obio akpor and portharcourt LGAs all together ikwerres are the largest igbo clan in the south south with a population of over 1 million
I doubt if they is any single Igbo clan this big .
Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by theTranscriber: 11:05am On Aug 02, 2021
Ngwa are cannibals right?

I saw this somewhere

4 Likes

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by FakeUnity: 11:11am On Aug 02, 2021
Ikwerre is not an Igbo clan. It is a Benin clan.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 02, 2021
kollinzgee:
Looks like ngwa may be the largest Igbo clan in the Southeast followed by ikwerre in the southsouth,i will use the number of local governments they have plus population size as evidence,for example ngwa has about 4 local governments in Abia they have obi ngwa,isiala ngwa ,osisioma ngwa plus Aba they number roughly 2million and ikwerre have ikwerre ,emuoha,obio akpor and portharcourt LGAs all together ikwerres are the largest igbo clan in the south south with a population of over 1 million

A Comparative Study of Palatal Rugae Patterns among Igbo and Ikwerre Ethnic Groups of Nigeria: A University of Port Harcourt Study

Background. Palatal rugae pattern of an individual is species specific and is said to be as unique as finger print.

Aims and Objectives. The aim of this study was to identify and compare the rugae pattern of Igbo and Ikwerre populations in Nigeria for human identification purposes.

Materials and Methods. The present study was conducted from random sampling of University of Port Harcourt students. A total number of 140 subjects (70 Igbos and 70 Ikwerres) of age bracket of 18–30 were used.

Results. The different shapes of rugae were obviously observed with varying degrees of predominance among the two tribes. The most predominant patterns are wavy and curvy followed by straight. The Igbos were predominantly wavy while the Ikwerres were predominantly of curve and straight patterns. The Igbo males and females had more wavy pattern with percentage values of 51.6% and 59.9% which is significantly higher in proportion () as compared to the Ikwerre males and females with percentage values of 35.6% and 40.6%. On the other hand, Ikwerre males and females proved to be curve dominant with percentage values of 45.2% and 34.4% and this showed significant difference in proportion () as compared to the Igbo males and females with percentage curve values of 27.9% and 26.1%.

Conclusion. The result obtained from this study is clear evidence of ethnic differences in relation to sex; hence the incidence of predominance is population dependent.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ari/2014/123925/

2 Likes

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by Sufferingboy(f): 11:18am On Aug 02, 2021
Another one again?

1 Like

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by kollinzgee(m): 11:18am On Aug 02, 2021
FakeUnity:
Ikwerre is not an Igbo clan. It is a Benin clan.

grin grin guy forget tribal sentiment in naija my female friend mercy is ikwerre whenever she comes visiting we always speak Igbo with my sister's ikwerres feel at home more with igbos than with even their fellow rivers ( fake ) brothers you see that is the reason they can sell their entire land to igbos I'm Rivers state without complain,don't let Nairaland propaganda decieve you truth is light.

1 Like

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by caleboxylic: 11:19am On Aug 02, 2021
kollinzgee:

Ikwerre are Benin slaves and not Igbo in any way please.

I will give it to Ezza people in Ebonyi, benue and crossriver states and Ezike-Orba in Enugu, benue and kogi states. Nkanu in Enugu is big too if we included their ohaozara brothers in Ebonyi state( Onicha and ohaozara LG arears) .

15 Likes

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by kollinzgee(m): 11:20am On Aug 02, 2021
theTranscriber:

I saw this somewhere

Shut up! angry

12 Likes

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by caleboxylic: 11:23am On Aug 02, 2021
Sufferingboy:
Another one again?

Nobody mentioned Benin slaves in delta state here.
We are discussing about your fellow Benin slaves in Rivers State.
Slaves everywhere .

14 Likes

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by kollinzgee(m): 11:24am On Aug 02, 2021
kmcutez:

A Comparative Study of Palatal Rugae Patterns among Igbo and Ikwerre Ethnic Groups of Nigeria: A University of Port Harcourt Study

Background. Palatal rugae pattern of an individual is species specific and is said to be as unique as finger print.

Aims and Objectives. The aim of this study was to identify and compare the rugae pattern of Igbo and Ikwerre populations in Nigeria for human identification purposes.

Materials and Methods. The present study was conducted from random sampling of University of Port Harcourt students. A total number of 140 subjects (70 Igbos and 70 Ikwerres) of age bracket of 18–30 were used.

Results. The different shapes of rugae were obviously observed with varying degrees of predominance among the two tribes. The most predominant patterns are wavy and curvy followed by straight. The Igbos were predominantly wavy while the Ikwerres were predominantly of curve and straight patterns. The Igbo males and females had more wavy pattern with percentage values of 51.6% and 59.9% which is significantly higher in proportion () as compared to the Ikwerre males and females with percentage values of 35.6% and 40.6%. On the other hand, Ikwerre males and females proved to be curve dominant with percentage values of 45.2% and 34.4% and this showed significant difference in proportion () as compared to the Igbo males and females with percentage curve values of 27.9% and 26.1%.

Conclusion. The result obtained from this study is clear evidence of ethnic differences in relation to sex; hence the incidence of predominance is population dependent.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ari/2014/123925/
They should do this research too on fulanis i strongly believe they are not Nigerians infact they are not west Africans what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by Sufferingboy(f): 11:24am On Aug 02, 2021
caleboxylic:

Nobody mentioned Benin slaves in delta state here.
We are discussing about your fellow Benin slaves in Rivers State.
Slaves everywhere .

Are you people ashame to be alone?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by FakeUnity: 11:25am On Aug 02, 2021
kollinzgee:

grin grin guy forget tribal sentiment in naija my female friend mercy is ikwerre whenever she comes visiting we always speak Igbo with my sister's ikwerres feel at home more with igbos than with even their fellow rivers ( fake ) brothers you see that is the reason they can sell their entire land to igbos I'm Rivers state without complain,don't let Nairaland propaganda decieve you truth is light.

Officially they ARE NOT IGBO. They are from Benin kingdom, according to the highest ranking Ikwerre man Gofnor Wikevie Nyesomwen. That is the official position of the tribe. Take it that way.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by Sufferingboy(f): 11:26am On Aug 02, 2021
theTranscriber:

I saw this somewhere

Yes,becareful with them.Cannibalism still exist in south east oh..Forget christainity wey Igbos dey fake.

Modified:I wrote "flatin*s" and nairaland change it to Igbos grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by kollinzgee(m): 11:27am On Aug 02, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Yes,becareful with them.Cannibalism still exist in south east oh..Forget christainity wey Igbos dey fake.

You moniker says it all you are seriously suffering mentally and spiritually!

Spits... angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by theTranscriber: 11:28am On Aug 02, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by mrvitalis(m): 11:29am On Aug 02, 2021
kollinzgee:
Nsukka is the largest Igbo clan ..we have abakalaki clan ,afikpo clan , mbaise clan ,owerri clan , the orlu family , oga ikwerre won't even see top 10

5 Likes

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by Anazp: 11:33am On Aug 02, 2021
kollinzgee:

you guys have complex. Have you ever heard the Yorubas try to argue whether the binis or itsekiris are Yorubas??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by caleboxylic: 11:34am On Aug 02, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Are you people ashame to be alone?

You should concentrate on ika land (occupied Igbo land) and eradicate the igboness in them. Your forefathers failed on that and you slaves should spit on their graves for abandoning their master's language when naming their children and villages.

When Igbo nation emerges,we will repatriate all you Bennin slaves back to Bennin. You people are slaves occupying Igbo land and will be sent back to your masters when the hour comes.

I'm sure you will name your son an Igbo name and won't be ashamed to do that. You slaves should stop answering Igbo name.
Slaves everywhere.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by Sufferingboy(f): 11:36am On Aug 02, 2021
caleboxylic:

You should concentrate on ika land (occupied Igbo land) and eradicate the igboness in them. Your forefathers failed on that and you slaves should spit on their graves for abandoning their master's language when naming their children and villages.

When Igbo nation emerges,we will repatriate all you Bennin slaves back to Bennin. You people are slaves occupying Igbo land and will be sent back to your masters when the hour comes.

I'm sure you will name your son an Igbo name and won't be ashamed to do that. You slaves should stop answering Igbo name.
Slaves everywhere.

Oh una done dey claim ika land too?

Land grabbers.

Make mouth as you like,someone like you need to sacrificed to Olokun.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by caleboxylic: 11:42am On Aug 02, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Land grabbers.

Slaves don't inherit anything. You people are slaves that escaped from Benin and occupied Igbo land.
When the hour comes,you will understand.

Let Nigeria splits and you will understand that our generations are not tolerant like our forefathers. You, slaves will be returned to Benin to build another Benin great wall.

Slaves everywhere

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by after4: 11:59am On Aug 02, 2021
like your moniker, you are really suffering

Sufferingboy:

Land grabbers.

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by jimyjames(m): 12:55pm On Aug 02, 2021
kollinzgee:

grin grin guy forget tribal sentiment in naija my female friend mercy is ikwerre whenever she comes visiting we always speak Igbo with my sister's ikwerres feel at home more with igbos than with even their fellow rivers ( fake ) brothers you see [b]that is the reason they can sell their entire land to igbos I'm Rivers state without complain,[/b]don't let Nairaland propaganda decieve you truth is light.

Is that why the ikwerres denied their igbo-ness and forcefully took igbos properties in portarcourt? Is that why wike came out publicly to say ikwerres are not igbos but migrants from bini?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by r4bbit: 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2021
theTranscriber:

I saw this somewhere
yes.. they are known for being cannibalistic some time ago...
Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by BKayy: 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2021
Bia OP, with all due respect may thunder fire you.
Ikwerre is a Bini clan not Igbo.
By the way, when did local government equates to population? Ikwerre as a Bini runaway slave or clan is not more than 10 thousand people compared to Nike, Ngwá, Isu and Okija/ihiala/Ihembosi/Uli

4 Likes

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by Liebermantic: 1:54pm On Aug 02, 2021
kollinzgee:
Aro is the largest Igbo clan because there are so many Aro Communities among Ngwa, Ikwerre and every LGA in Igbo land
Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by BiafraAburi: 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2021
kollinzgee:
Count in the Mbaise clan. Those brothers are many in number as well.

1 Like

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by obyrich(m): 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2021
kollinzgee:
Ngwas occupy the following LGAs in Abia state:
Aba North
Aba South
Obingwa
Osisioma Ngwa
Ugwunagbo
Isialangwa North
Isialangwa South.

I don't know if they are the largest Igbo clan. Census data will proof this.

3 Likes

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by Ikwerelastborn: 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2021
kollinzgee:
Is not about number of LGA
Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by Ikwerelastborn: 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2021
kollinzgee:
Is not about number of LGA, I'm ikwerre but I think is between Ngwa and Ezza because Ezza has people in Benue,the benue igbos people refer to.

1 Like

Re: Ngwa Followed By Ikwerre May Be The Largest Igbo Clans by Ikwerelastborn: 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2021
mrvitalis:

Nsukka is the largest Igbo clan ..we have abakalaki clan ,afikpo clan , mbaise clan ,owerri clan , the orlu family , oga ikwerre won't even see top 10
Do you know that Nsukka is not a clan is more of a region ,like Nsukka is more popular with other places like Enugu-ezike, obollo etc claiming part of them.
Igbos clans are ikwerre,Ngwa,Ezza, Nkanu, Mbaise, etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Donates Land To Air Missiles To Ukraine: Pictures / Afikpo Shutdown For Peter Obi (photos) / The Many Sins Of the South West Against The Northerners(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.