Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,344 members, 7,881,270 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:37 PM

Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know (12511 Views)

What Buhari Told Amaechi, Igbo Leaders About Nnamdi Kanu’s Release – Adesina / We’ve All Failed, Stop Fighting Only Buhari – Bello Warns Southern Governors / I Will Kill Anybody Who Tries To Disgrace Me Before Buhari– Bello Kogi Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by Washere(m): 5:37am On Aug 03, 2021
Old story
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by adecz: 5:37am On Aug 03, 2021
⏩▶️Buhari just appointed incompetent
Fulani people all over the country &
doesn't care whether they are performing
or not. All he wants is for them to enjoy
the spoils of his ethnocentric presidency.❌❌

This FCT Minister is the worst so far❎❎

2 Likes

Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by blackmantis: 5:39am On Aug 03, 2021
Beancounter94:

More like FCT does not have enough money, and there is looting too.

FCT used to raise money from parking meters to supplement its income some 8 years ago, until someone got a court order to stop it.

Also, we don't pay something called a council tax. Many cities in the UK...residents pay something called a council tax which can be as high as 85,000 to 100000 naira. (I know, Nigeria cannot be compared to the UK eh, we are poor)...but that money goes into providing essential services such as street light, transport, etc.

The oyel money that we all rely on is not enough for all of us. Which is why you that is shouting Hausas and Fulani...is your state capital well lit all over? The reason is simple...there isn't enough money to do the job.(apart from Lagos maybe, and even Lag is not well lit all over). Because your tax to gdp ratio is too low and because the oil price has not been high enough to sustain us for nearly 9 years, if not longer.

States and the FCT need to be innovative in raising money not just for streetlights , but for public services, especially in the cities. And Nigerians too need to put pressure on their leaders to make sure the money is used well to ensure that their cities are run well.(The court case I referred to earlier may have stopped corruption in the parking meter system, but then it also threw out the baby with the bathwater)

(This is not a supporting Buhari message...personally, I think the minister of FCT should be more of a professional than a polticial somebodi. APC continued with the same old same old.Ironically, the last really good FCT minister we had was El-Rufai.)

Do you know all Taxi cabs pay tax everyday?
Do you at all motor parks money is collected? What is it used for?
Do you know that all signboard displayed in the fct must pay tax?
Do you know that every shop in all markets, plaza, etc pay tax to the fct?
Do you know tenement rates is collected from landlords in the fct?

The fct generates revenue, the question should be what is the revenue generated used for?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by 27Pushing30: 6:01am On Aug 03, 2021
zanshi:
You put Hausa Fulani in vital ass positions and you expect to see development

Please list the Hausa/fulani’s in vital positions in Abina, Enugu, Ebonyi , anambra and IMO states

Add SS and SE states as well.

Where are the fulani’s there?
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by Kay25(m): 6:01am On Aug 03, 2021
Beancounter94:

FCT used to raise money from parking meters to supplement its income some 8 years ago, until someone got a court order to stop it.

Also, we don't pay something called a council tax. Many cities in the UK...residents pay something called a council tax which can be as high as 85,000 to 100000 naira. (I know, Nigeria cannot be compared to the UK eh, we are poor)...but that money goes into providing essential services such as street light, transport, etc.

The oyel money that we all rely on is not enough for all of us. Which is why you that is shouting Hausas and Fulani...is your state capital well lit all over? The reason is simple...there isn't enough money to do the job.(apart from Lagos maybe, and even Lag is not well lit all over). Because your tax to gdp ratio is too low and because the oil price has not been high enough to sustain us for nearly 9 years, if not longer.

States and the FCT need to be innovative in raising money not just for streetlights , but for public services, especially in the cities. And Nigerians too need to put pressure on their leaders to make sure the money is used well to ensure that their cities are run well.(The court case I referred to earlier may have stopped corruption in the parking meter system, but then it also threw out the baby with the bathwater)

(This is not a supporting Buhari message...personally, I think the minister of FCT should be more of a professional than a polticial somebodi. APC continued with the same old same old.Ironically, the last really good FCT minister we had was El-Rufai.)
u keep saying there is no enough money in FCT how come a state like oyo state is embarking on 224km street lightening?does oyo state has more income than abuja?it's not about the money it's about the will in the heart of those in power..seyi makinde said he made the street lit up a priority because he knows it will help in curbing insecurity..If FCT minister too knows the importance he would fix it even as the nation's capital hence why must u put an has a fulani in there who thinks more about his cow and with a stone age mentality that makes him care not infrastructural development as long as there is grazing route for his animals

2 Likes

Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by onuman: 6:08am On Aug 03, 2021
Even the president of Nigeria must be bogged down with lighting in Abuja?

Reducing the country to Abuja. Kwontinue.
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by calberian: 6:08am On Aug 03, 2021
Beancounter94:

This is quite the conundrum for me: you type like you’ve finished primary school but you reason like a stark illiterate. I want to believe it’s rather ignorance than illiteracy. I must admit however, that I do not know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by funshint(m): 6:09am On Aug 03, 2021
Beancounter94:

Ebonyi has one of the least allocation in Nigeria yet look at what the governor is doing in that state. Corruption and mismanagement is the root of our misery in this country.

1 Like

Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by funshint(m): 6:12am On Aug 03, 2021
Staphylococcus:
Its time Nigeria looks into nuclear technology
Is like you'll like to live in exile when the facility eventually breaks down due to poor maintenance abi?
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by kokoA(m): 6:23am On Aug 03, 2021
Abuja died the day Elrufai left office as minister.
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by Otunski: 6:27am On Aug 03, 2021
Mohammed Bello is one of the most useless ministers I have ever seen. His incompetence is quite worrisome. They are even talking about non functional street lights, what of heaps of refuse and dump sites springing up every where ? No single project going on. Nothing to show as FCT Minister.

1 Like

Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:28am On Aug 03, 2021
Beancounter94:

then the kindergarten somebodi should humble himself and meet kaduna state govt for professional advice/tutorials related to maintenance of the nation's capital!
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:34am On Aug 03, 2021
blackmantis:

Do you know all Taxi cabs pay tax everyday?
Do you at all motor parks money is collected? What is it used for?
Do you know that all signboard displayed in the fct must pay tax?
Do you know that every shop in all markets, plaza, etc pay tax to the fct?
Do you know tenement rates is collected from landlords in the fct?

The fct generates revenue, the question should be what is the revenue generated used for?
my broda they are obviously using it for financing insecurity/terrorism.

These APC people are devil sent demons from HELL
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by Enyimbamercedes: 6:36am On Aug 03, 2021
Totally agree! Driving to the airport this morning was something else

Dark sections on the airport expressway coupled with container trucks with non-functional tail-lights and smoking badly.

You don’t see a truck till you are right behind it

Recipe for accidents!

1 Like

Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by hope4nigeria(m): 6:47am On Aug 03, 2021
zanshi:
You put Hausa Fulani in vital ass positions and you expect to see development
How, it's not possible
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by TWOWAYMIRROR: 6:52am On Aug 03, 2021
Street Lights and Traffic Lights are HARAM. BUHARI & HIS muslim brother despise them. Muhammed preached against it.
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by Obagreatdatoye(m): 7:02am On Aug 03, 2021
Yungmil:
Did you just say we are poor....Nigeria?

Go back to sleep then wake up and modify
Nigeria is a poor country ....our GDP is now less than $500b....very low.
We should be talking about $800b - $1tr
By now if our govt are proactive

1 Like

Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by engrkaz(m): 7:12am On Aug 03, 2021
Collect one Heineken and one plate of goat meat pepper soup.. Bill on me.

About the tax regime in Nigeria, I work, my wife works and we have a small business. Our combined taxes in a year is above 700k (not exaggerating).

Our kids attend private schools, we get water from privately drilled borehole, we rely on generators and inverters for power need, we have a gateman and also make security arrangement with our neighbors.

In essence, we are our own schools management board, water board, power holding, housing too is self help.

The small tax we pay we can’t find any justification for it, thanks to the Looter Kings in power.

Above all, ur points are valid
Beancounter94:

3 Likes

Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by Princedapace(m): 7:21am On Aug 03, 2021
Hahahahaha hahahaha. It gives me joy when I see Nigeria bleed. It is a useless British empire. It will never work.
Come and check Nigeria in 20 years time, it will be same story.
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by InvertedHammer: 7:21am On Aug 03, 2021
/
Nigeria seems to be the only country where the citizens make excuses for their leaders. Can you at least put pressure on the leaders for explanations?
Someone is talking about tax to GDP ratio when even the little in the coffers cannot be accounted for. So the excuse is tax to GDP ratio?

/

1 Like

Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by summerflame(m): 7:23am On Aug 03, 2021
Beancounter94:

Federal government should cut down our law makers salary and allowances, they are meant to serve the country and not to milk the country dry.. if they can do this, we can use the money being cut off their salaries and allowances to achieve some amenities
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by wellmax(m): 7:26am On Aug 03, 2021
The write up is just perfect. No name calling, no party dragging, just facts. This is the way arguments should go.
Nairalanders learn!

1 Like

Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by Goldiness: 7:44am On Aug 03, 2021
[quote author=vicfajeze post=104371024]no matter what happens to our north,we miles ahead of you people.Please live our north for us.Are we complaining?No,we are not.Better look for a way out for Kanu and co to be set free instead of poking your noses into what concerns you not!!!!!!!!![/quot

See, this boy, you reason any how, if you are not complaining, I am ooh, this write up is what I have been talking about to some taxi driver I enter their motor in Abuja, am resident in Abuja and it's terrible that a lot of places are not lighted up, it's bad for the face of a city center alright, so let the right thing be done.
This write up is a welcome idea and development, I pray the authorities take action fast and act now. Look at wuse at night no street lights, some parts of area one, see the round about no lights or no street lights, area eleven, same thing, see games village, on your axis to kaura, no street light, galadimawa, same, thieves, bag snatchers, pick pockets, move round, banex, on your way to nicon road, no street lights, you will just be afraid so bad guys don't come out from the bush to do evil.
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by Goldiness: 7:46am On Aug 03, 2021
This write up is what I have been talking about to some taxi driver I enter thier motor in Abuja, am resident in Abuja and it's terrible that a lot of places are not lighted up, it's bad for the face of a city center alright, so let the right thing be done.
This write up is a welcome idea and development, I pray the authorities take action fast and act now. Look at wuse at night no street lights, some parts of area one, see the round about no lights or no street lights, area eleven, same thing, see games village, on your axis to kaura district, even central area at night no street light, galadimawa, same, thieves, bag snatchers, pick pockets, move round, banex, on your way to nicon road, no street lights, at night, you will just be afraid so bad guys don't come out from the bush to do evil. May God help us all.
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by LastProphet: 7:48am On Aug 03, 2021
Beancounter94:

Thanks for the complete analysis
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by Goldiness: 7:54am On Aug 03, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
then the kindergarten somebodi should humble himself and meet kaduna state govt for professional advice related to maintenance of the nation's capital!

Honestly I have been saying it ooh, I wish El rufia still take the post of FCT minister, because I see him as someone, who knows how to handle Abuja and who knows what to do, let other minister take a lesson from him, despite all the bad things they said he did, he still tried his best to put things in place, but loo at abuja now in the current minister hands, he is not trying at all. Abuja has gone back to the dogs. Spits

Shit everwhere in some parts of the city center, urinating everywhere, trash and dirty everywhere, disorganized environment, poor management everywhere in the city center. How disgusting. Spits!
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by Bluesea1and2: 8:20am On Aug 03, 2021
Light is poor in most area but it will soon b a thing of the past
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by Drunkdick85(m): 8:25am On Aug 03, 2021
Beancounter94:

The present FCT minister is the worst. FCT is on a standstill.

1 Like

Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by limeta(f): 8:25am On Aug 03, 2021
vicfajeze:
no matter what happens to our north,we miles ahead of you people.Please live our north for us.Are we complaining?No,we are not.Better look for a way out for Kanu and co to be set free instead of poking your noses into what concerns you not!!!!!!!!!

Abuja is in the middle belt
north is further that way keep going.
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 03, 2021
summerflame:

Federal government should cut down our law makers salary and allowances, they are meant to serve the country and not to milk the country dry.. if they can do this, we can use the money being cut off their salaries and allowances to achieve some amenities

This is a sentiment I agree with...but at the end of the day, we would have a million and one things to spend the money saved on...like primary school education for example.
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 03, 2021
calberian:

This is quite the conundrum for me: you type like you’ve finished primary school but you reason like a stark illiterate. I want to believe it’s rather ignorance than illiteracy. I must admit however, that I do not know.

Thanks for the kind and generous words, and do have a good and prosperous rest of the week.
Re: Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2021
Kay25:

u keep saying there is no enough money in FCT how come a state like oyo state is embarking on 224km street lightening?does oyo state has more income than abuja?it's not about the money it's about the will in the heart of those in power..seyi makinde said he made the street lit up a priority because he knows it will help in curbing insecurity..If FCT minister too knows the importance he would fix it even as the nation's capital hence why must u put an has a fulani in there who thinks more about his cow and with a stone age mentality that makes him care not infrastructural development as long as there is grazing route for his animals

It is one thing to set up street lights, another thing to keep them well maintained and functioning...which requires things like taxes, taxes, taxes...and more taxes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Pictures From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Adamawa / Supreme Court Verdict: Tinubu Wins Legal Victory, Lacks Legitimacy - Olu Fasan / Saraki, Okorocha’s Alleged Fraud: CJ Shuns Efcc’s Bid To Transfer Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.