Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:56 PM

Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves (513 Views)

Why Is It Unforgivable To Sin Against The Holy Spirit / Why Are Some Acts Considered Evil Or Sin? / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MadeINchenzen2: 1:13pm On Aug 03, 2021
Why is sin recorded as a misdeed scripturally against God rather than against the sinner.

I think God has no need for our righteousness. You are righteous for yourselves. If u plant an evil seed u will harvest a bounty of doom. You do not choose to do the right thing because u think it will please God. NO !!!

If a person commits an act of fornication or adultery they sin against themselves rather than against God. Because they get consequences for that action.

If a person tells a lie, they face the consequences of that lie.

Its like the proverbial saying about "Sowing and reaping"

You dont sin against God, rather you sin against yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MadeINchenzen2: 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2021
Dominique

Ishilove

Lalasticlala

Mynd44
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MadeINchenzen2: 1:20pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse what do u think?
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
Why is sin recorded as a misdeeds scriptural against God rather against a sinner.
God has no need for your righteousness. You are righteous for yourselves. If u plant an eveil seed u will harvest a bounty of doom. You do not choose to do the right thing because u think it will please God. NO !!!
If a person commits and act of fornication or adultery they sin against themselves rather than against God. Because they get consequences for that action.
Its live the proverbial saying about "Sowing and reaping"

MadeINchenzen2:
MaxInDHouse what do u think?

To illustrate, think of a mother who went through lots of pains during pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, nursing, caring and raising her little baby until the child becomes an adult. How do you think she (mother) feels when seeing the fruit of her birthpains and labour? Isaiah 49:15

If the child now choose a lifestyle that eventually led to his/her early grave, who is truly offended, the careless child or the mother who cherished her child? Matthew 23:37-38

Well the sinner has nothing to loose because he or she is just dust but it pains the one who takes pleasure seeing creatures made in His own image live forever! Job 14:13-15 compare to Psalms 78:41

So the sinner though is killing himself/herself {1Corinthians 6:18} but in the real sense the sinner is not showing appreciation for the gift of LIFE! Genesis 39:9

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MadeINchenzen2: 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

To illustrate, think of a mother who went through lots of pains during pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, nursing, caring and raising her little baby until the child becomes an adult. How do you think she (mother) feels when seeing the fruit of her birthpains and labour? Isaiah 49:15

If the child now choose a lifestyle that eventually led to his/her early grave, who is truly offended, the careless child or the mother who cherished her child? Matthew 23:37-38

Well the sinner has nothing to loose because he or she is just dust but it pains the one who takes pleasure seeing creatures made in His own image live forever! Job 14:13-15 compare to Psalms 78:41

So the sinner though is killing himself/herself {1Corinthians 6:18} but in the real sense the sinner is not showing appreciation for the gift of LIFE! Genesis 39:9

hmmm... interesting
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

why are you quoting verses?

can't you think straight with you head for once?

Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2021
michael77777:

The OP asked a question but you weren't here to give a SOUND response so i answered from the WISDOM i got in the Bible. And for the OP to know the source i have to quote the ONE who impacted the knowledge in me! smiley

Obviously not, but since you're here now can you share what you've got from your so called STRAIGHT THINKING? smiley
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MadeINchenzen2: 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2021
michael77777:

what's ur take mike?grin

1 Like

Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
what's ur take mike?grin

Can't you see he's empty?

That's how Satan has rendered them stupid with atheism, they feel they can use their own understanding {Proverbs 3:5-6} but when issues arises they just want to argue hopelessly! Job 5:13 smiley
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MadeINchenzen2: 5:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Can't you see he's empty?

That's how Satan has rendered them stupid with atheism, they feel they can use their own understanding {Proverbs 3:5-6} but when issues arises they just want to argue hopelessly! Job 5:13 smiley
huh... that's extreme bro
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
huh... that's extreme bro

What do you have to say about this?

michael77777:

I don't waste my precious time with atheists so if you're one of them know now that i won't like to discuss with you.

WHY?

Because they don't want to listen to anyone having faith, they feel they've got what it takes to live happily but when they now come in contact with higher intelligence they feel God is not to be glorified for the source of such wisdom.

Did i know him?
So why did he mention me?
So he deserve much more than that from me, if he doesn't believe in God well i do and let him prove he's intelligent by answering your question or he should never ever quote me again in his miserable life! angry
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Aug 03, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
Why is sin recorded as a misdeed scripturally against God rather than against the sinner.
I think God has no need for our righteousness. You are righteous for yourselves. If u plant an evil seed u will harvest a bounty of doom. You do not choose to do the right thing because u think it will please God. NO !!!
If a person commits an act of fornication or adultery they sin against themselves rather than against God. Because they get consequences for that action.
I am afraid you are wrong and this because gross ignorance of what SIN is. undecided

SIN is a choice made in disobedience of , not your mother's or your father's or any of man's laws but of God’s Law. Yes, that which constitutes SIN is as defined in God's Law to man and so when you transgress His Law, you are said to SiN against God.undecided

1 Like

Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MadeINchenzen2: 5:44pm On Aug 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you are wrong and this because gross ignorance of what SIN is. undecided

SIN is a choice made in disobedience of , not your mother's or your father's or any of man's laws but of God’s Law. Yes, that which constitutes SIN is as defined in God's Law to man and so when you transgress His Law, you are said to SiN against God.undecided
its wrong for u to have used the cliche "gross ignorance" I ll take that as an insult. I expect you to apologise right now
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MadeINchenzen2: 5:46pm On Aug 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

What do you have to say about this?

I don't waste my precious time with atheists so if you're one of them know now that i won't like to discuss with you.

WHY?

Because they don't want to listen to anyone having faith, they feel they've got what it takes to live happily but when they now come in contact with higher intelligence they feel God is not to be glorified for the source of such wisdom.

Did i know him?
So why did he mention me?
So he deserve much more than that from me, if he doesn't believe in God well i do and let him prove he's intelligent by answering your question or he should never ever quote me again in his miserable life! angry
u guys should chill
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
its wrong for u to have used the cliche "gross ignorance" I ll take that as an insult.
Don't! undecided

A lot of people don't truly understand what SIN is and mainly because their source of teachings on such things are just as blind as they are undecided

We ought to be willing to seek the truth beyond the borders put up by our egos in all things. undecided
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
u guys should chill

Of course i'm cool but i will not tolerate insults from some stupid idiot who feels i shouldn't speak about the source of my wisdom!

If he's knowledgeable with his straight thinking let him say what his brain can decipher regarding your question! smiley
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by Dtruthspeaker: 7:09pm On Aug 03, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:

The word is "Against", as you rightly said.

Sin is a reasonable annoyance or vexation in which another person is reasonably connected and affected by it. Therefore, it is always an act or omission which is done or not done TO ANOTHER PERSON, hence AGAINST that other person.

MadeINchenzen2:

Whilst this is Right and True, there are however other Rightness and Rightnesses which you can do just because you know that God Will Love it.

And this is where people do not take note of the fact that God Wants and Loves UP -Rightness.

Which means High Rightness and Rightnesses and not just "Simple, Ordinary and Regular Rightnesses".

MadeINchenzen2:

WRONG!

This is because you did not seriously believe and take note that God is Truly a Co-Resident who is also permanently living with you in your body, as the Bible hath said. 1 Corinthians 3:16.

And in fact, He is your Nepa, if not you would not be alive rather dead because of no power. John 1:4.

Therefore, when you commit fornication and adultery,You take the Lord to an Unholy Place and you subject The Residence of The Lord to defilement and corruption and turn The House of The Lord into a Brothel, an a house of uncleanness.

Therefore, you sin AGAINST The Lord and AGAINST life and living of your soul!
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by 22jumpstreet: 7:45pm On Aug 03, 2021
What is sin. Why are some acts considered sin or wrong doing?

Sin is an act against divine laws and principles.
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by shadeyinka(m): 8:27pm On Aug 03, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:

Whatever you do for or against your neighbor, you do it unto God.
Matt25:35-40
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me i
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MadeINchenzen2: 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2021
shadeyinka:

Whatever you do for or against your neighbor, you do it unto God.
Matt25:35-40
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me i
we do not sin against God. We sin against ourselves
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by shadeyinka(m): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
we do not sin against God. We sin against ourselves
Sin means trangression of the law: without the law, there is no sin.

Who gives the law?
It is He who give the law that we sin against!
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MadeINchenzen2: 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2021
shadeyinka:

Who gives the law?
the laws are for our good and not for God. Adam and eve ate the forbidden fruit and got the consequences for that action. God remained God despite that... we do good for ourselves, we do bad for ourselves. There must be consequences for every action. The laws are there for us to be conscious of what works according to how we were created so as to enjoy the fullness of our lives without hassles or glitches.

If you try to operate an electronic gadget without studying the manual properly, you cannot use it optimally and u may damage it. God laws are like guides we follow to get the best out of our lives.
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by shadeyinka(m): 9:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
the laws are for our good and not for God. Adam and eve ate the forbidden fruit and got the consequences for that action. God remained God despite that... we do good for ourselves, we do bad for ourselves. There must be consequences for every action. The laws are there for us to be conscious of what works according to how we were created so as to enjoy the fullness of our lives without hassles or glitches.

If you try to operate an electronic gadget without studying the manual properly, you cannot use it optimally and u may damage it. God laws are like guides we follow to get the best out of our lives.
You are about digressing.
You started with the notion that we sin against man and not against God.

1. I defined sin as a violation or transgression of the law
2. Who made this law? Was it man or God?
3. We sin against the Source of the Law not the object of the law

Example:
Jesus says "whosoever looks at a woman lustfully has committed adultery against her"
1. How have you sin against the woman (in this case)?
Shes probably not even aware that you are lusting after her
2. It is easy to see that looking at a woman lustfully is a violation of the law given by Christ
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MadeINchenzen2: 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2021
shadeyinka:

Who gives the law?
the Nigerian law stipulate that if u commit a crime u go to jail... so it is... when u commit a crime u get the consequences of committing that crime and the consequences is enacted from the law, which is going to jail... it doesnt affect the lawmakers 1 bit... it doesnt even affect Buharigrin
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by shadeyinka(m): 9:35pm On Aug 03, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
the Nigerian law stipulate that if u commit a crime u go to jail... so it is... when u commit a crime u get the consequences of committing that crime and the consequences is enacted from the law, which is going to jail... it doesnt affect the lawmakers 1 bit... it doesnt even affect Buharigrin
The offence is against the Federal Government of Nigeria (not Buhari: even Buhari is subject to the law of the Nation)
Hence the Government executes justice with her own prescribed punishment.
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MadeINchenzen2: 9:40pm On Aug 03, 2021
shadeyinka:

The offence is against the Federal Government of Nigeria (not Buhari: even Buhari is subject to the law of the Nation)
Hence the Government executes justice with her own prescribed punishment.
Hmmm.... I think I get ur point now... smart !! very smart !!!

I enjoyed ur point of view. Wow... thanks !!!
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by shadeyinka(m): 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
Hmmm.... I think I get ur point now... smart !! very smart !!!

I enjoyed ur point of view. Wow... thanks !!!
You are welcome
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by Dtruthspeaker: 6:43am On Aug 04, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:

...If you try to operate an electronic gadget without studying the manual properly, you cannot use it optimally and u may damage it...

And the Owner of the gadget will surely complain that you have damaged his gadget.

Therefore, you have also offended (sinned) against the gadget Owner.
Re: Logical Thinking: Do We Sin Against God Or Sin Against Ourselves by MadeINchenzen2: 8:31am On Aug 04, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

And the Owner of the gadget will surely complain that you have damaged his gadget.

Therefore, you have also offended (sinned) against the gadget Owner.
No, the gadget is urs... what you do with it is up to u.

(1) (Reply)

Mount Zion Announces Release Date For Abejoye 5 / Buhari's Successor Can Come From My Church - Oyedepo Says / Why I Left The White Garment Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.