Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,886 members, 7,883,108 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

Learning Programming? Passion Or Not - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Learning Programming? Passion Or Not (921 Views)

Did You Go Into Coding Because Of Passion Or For The Money Or Both? / Learning Programming. (my Nairaland Journal) / Avoid The Hard Ways Of Learning Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by arthurwillia(m): 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2021
Growing up I had no passion or likeness for anything tech at all even till now, I run away from anything technical because it doesn’t suit me and doesn’t give me joy. But now everywhere the future is tech and so on.

I’m looking to go into it but I don’t have any zeal for it, I am just going to go into it because others are and so I won’t be left behind.

Will this be a problem while learning, I mean me not having any zeal for it?
Re: Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2021
It's not just be disciplined.

2 Likes

Re: Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by arthurwillia(m): 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
It's not just be disciplined.

Ok thank you
Re: Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by spartan117(m): 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2021
Just think of the financial benefits and perks such as working remotely with flexible schedules. Those are good motivators as well.

2 Likes

Re: Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by Karleb(m): 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2021
Just see it as do or die. Either IT or nothing. That could motivate you.

I have to stress that, programming is not do or die o. cheesy
Re: Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by arthurwillia(m): 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2021
spartan117:
Just think of the financial benefits and perks such as working remotely with flexible schedules. Those are good motivators as well.

Hmm ok that’s another angle
Re: Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by arthurwillia(m): 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2021
Karleb:
Just see it as do or die. Either IT or nothing. That could motivate you.

I have to stress that, programming is not do or die o. cheesy

Lol thanks for your input
Re: Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by eze180: 8:30am On Aug 04, 2021
i am a frontend react developer. I can tell you, tech is very difficult. Doing it requires alot of motivation and your passion is what keeps you going.
Re: Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by arthurwillia(m): 8:49pm On Aug 05, 2021
eze180:
i am a frontend react developer. I can tell you, tech is very difficult. Doing it requires alot of motivation and your passion is what keeps you going.

Wow thank you
Re: Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by Maj196(m): 10:55am On Aug 07, 2021
Its passion for me else you might get frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by Millz404(m): 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
If you are not ready to read multiple articles over and over again to learn how one small thing works and then spend more time writing the code and fixing errors and then some more time refactoring it because you now understand it better... You are not ready

I woke up this morning a achieve a lot only to spend the entire day writing a react native onscreen numerical keyboard for pin input because the two i found on npm was giving me headache to work the way i want... Just got done

Tech can be fun and very frustrating at the same time...you need passion bro... The good thing is the passion can be developed with time if you do not give up
Re: Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by arthurwillia(m): 9:42am On Aug 11, 2021
Millz404:
If you are not ready to read multiple articles over and over again to learn how one small thing works and then spend more time writing the code and fixing errors and then some more time refactoring it because you now understand it better... You are not ready

I woke up this morning a achieve a lot only to spend the entire day writing a react native onscreen numerical keyboard for pin input because the two i found on npm was giving me headache to work the way i want... Just got done

Tech can be fun and very frustrating at the same time...you need passion bro... The good thing is the passion can be developed with time if you do not give up

Ok thank you so much for this

But do you really believe the passion can grow? Like when I start first passion can grow?
Re: Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by Millz404(m): 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2021
arthurwillia:

Ok thank you so much for this

But do you really believe the passion can grow? Like when I start first passion can grow?

Yes... Nobody was born with a passion for anytin... You develop it

1 Like

Re: Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by arthurwillia(m): 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2021
Millz404:

Yes... Nobody was born with a passion for anytin... You develop it

Thank you
Re: Learning Programming? Passion Or Not by Marinad: 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2021
I am trying to learn programming but I understand that this is a very difficult area. I am interested in the development of modern technologies, developments and follow the new services of various IT companies. I learned about devops services recently. I read a lot of useful information about this modern solution and realized that it will give an opportunity for rapid development in any area of business. I'm sure you should also improve your knowledge in this area

(1) (Reply)

How Much Reactjs Do I Need To Know Before Applying For Jobs? / Chat GPT Article On Peter Obi / Request For Any Programming Courses Let Me Provide Them For Yu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.