Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,746 members, 7,915,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 04:03 PM

Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet (1235 Views)

Nigerian Pastor Arrested In Zimbabwe For Allegedly Smuggling 2.33 Kg Of Cocaine / Nigerian Man Apprehended For Allegedly Smuggling Drugs And SIM Cards In India / 30-Year-Old Nigerian Arrested In India For Trafficking Cocaine, Hard Drugs. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Philipponzaghi: 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2021
A Nigerian man has reportedly been arrested on Tuesday, August 3, by the Kanagawa Prefectural Police; for allegedly trying to smuggle about 15,000 tablets of MDMA, or Ecstasy into Japan from Germany.

The Nigerian suspect, identified as Chinedu Ede Onueke, 26, reportedly concealed about 15,000 tablets of MDMA Molly; inside three cardboard boxes that arrived in Japan via mail from Germany in April.

The tablets were taped into the sides of the cardboard boxes and the boxes were packed with shoes as well as clothing, according to Tokyo Reporter.

Onueke was arrested on April 14 and prosecuted in July; after he allegedly took custody of one of the boxes addressed to a residence in Katsushika Ward, Tokyo.

“I didn’t import narcotics,” the Nigerian denied the allegations.

One of the three boxes was addressed to an address in Chiba Prefecture. The busted drugs have a street value of around 75 million yen (about US$688,281), according to the police. The drug bust is reportedly the third biggest on record for the Yokohama Customs.

In a similar however unrelated incident, a Nigerian man named Chris Oh Modebel who lives in Kashiwa City, Chiba Prefecture, was arrested in Tokyo for dealing with illegal drugs in the Roppongi entertainment district, Sahara Reporters reported.
On June 2, Modebel allegedly possessed 30.5 grams of cocaine and 0.6 grams of Kakuseizai, or stimulant drugs; found in an electrical meter box for a building in the district, according to the police.

“I know nothing about the matter,” the suspect denied the allegations. However, the police said that Modebel is the leader of a drug-dealing ring composing of Nigerian nationals.

A total of 289 grams of cocaine, 58.2 grams of stimulant drugs, and an unspecified amount of MDMA, or Ecstasy; worth a combined street value of 9.6 million yen (about US$90,000) was reportedly seized by the investigators from the meter box.

Source: https://1stnews.com/nigerian-arrested-by-japanese-police-for-allegedly-smuggling-15000-ecstacy-tablets/

CC: Mynd44 Lalasticala

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by BigSarah(f): 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2021
Too bad
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by socialmediaman: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2021
It seems nothing is a deterrent to bad actors! Even if you bundle Abba Kyari to the US to face justice, it won’t stop other criminals in uniform from collecting bribes and going rogue
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by greymiles: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2021
One sided government that hate us
Tinubu/afonja media always quick to report any bad thing about igbos
But we keep growing better than them
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2021
Chai! Only God can save our reputation. It is finished.
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2021
greymiles:

You obviously don't read the news very well

A lot of crimes from across the nation get reported...not just your tribe.

Read well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Monogamy: 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2021
Allow this people to develop Japan in peace..

Why are Japanese like this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by ERockson: 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2021
Ipob as usual

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by DaddyRochie1642: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2021
Chinedu Ede Onueke grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Chinedu Ede Onueke grin grin
ERockson:
Ipob as usual

Leave tribalism behind, and stop engaging in it.
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Confirmedzombie: 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2021
CHINEDU EDE ONUEKE

Onseker means python mouth.

God bless Biafra land

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by ERockson: 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2021
Beancounter94:

Leave tribalism behind, and stop engaging in it.
You people have tarnished our and you are saying this. If this will stop it, we will name and shame the criminals that are worse than Aba Kyari
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Philipponzaghi: 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2021
greymiles:

Criminals!

Your brothers have destroyed any little name Nigeria have left in Asia.

Go to the prisons in Asia countries for an excursion, the people in those jail alone are more than all those living in upper Iweka.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by christistruth01: 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
Philipponzaghi:

Source: https://1stnews.com/nigerian-arrested-by-japanese-police-for-allegedly-smuggling-15000-ecstacy-tablets/

CC: Mynd44 Lalasticala

Isn't it much better and easier to import used Laptops and Mobile phones from Japan which are so Cheap there
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 04, 2021
ERockson:
You people have tarnished our and you are saying this. If this will stop it, we will name and shame the criminals that are worse than Aba Kyari

You think that you people are not even sounding very petty and silly by blaming a whole tribe for the sin of just one of its member

People like you would complain if someone from your tribe did the same crime, and others said that all of you from that tribe are criminals.

I am not from the South East by the way

Leave that tribalism behind. It makes you look backward and petty.
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by oyatz(m): 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2021
greymiles:

So Tinubu/Afonja media are using the Japanese Police against you?
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Philipponzaghi: 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2021
Beancounter94:

You think that you people are not even sounding very petty and silly by blaming a whole tribe for the sin of just one of its member

People like you would complain if someone from your tribe did the same crime, and others said that all of you from that tribe are criminals.

I am not from the South East by the way

Leave that tribalism behind. It makes you look backward and petty.

Hypocrite @ the bolded. Then why are we all condemning Fulanis for the atrocity of the herdsmen?

If we can call the herdmen Fulani herdmen, then why can’t we call Traffickers Ibo drugsmen?

When 99% of the drug traffickers caught are from a single tribe then we can as well shame them by the name.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 04, 2021
Philipponzaghi:

Hypocrite @ the bolded. Then why are we all condemning Fulanis for the atrocity of the herdsmen?

If we can call the herdmen Fulani herdmen, then why can’t we call Traffickers Ibo drugsmen?

When 99% of the drug traffickers caught are from a single tribe then we can as well shame them by the name.

Personally, I know better than not to blame the whole tribe of the Fulanis for the crime of a few of them

Look, I don't like the way people blast other tribes on this site. That I don't talk about it more is because I don't have time to get into long winded arguments with slow minded tribalists and bigots...

Just so you know....I have no hatred towards any Nigerian of any tribe nor do i hate any tribe, be it Fulani, Hausa, Ibo, Yourba, edo, etc. A man or woman who commits a crime is solely responsible for that crime, and I would never assume that his whole tribe is guilty by association.

So drop the hypocrisy call, and leave that tribalism behind. Millions have died in this country because of such attiutdes, and I effing hate it.
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Philipponzaghi: 3:03pm On Aug 04, 2021
Beancounter94:

Personally, I know better than not to blame the whole tribe of the Fulanis for the crime of a few of them

Look, I don't like the way people blast other tribes on this site. That I don't talk about it more is because I don't have time to get into long winded arguments with slow minded tribalists and bigots...

Just so you know....I have no hatred towards any Nigerian of any tribe nor do i hate any tribe, be it Fulani, Hausa, Ibo, Yourba, edo, etc. A man or woman who commits a crime is solely responsible for that crime, and I would never assume that his whole tribe is guilty by association.

So drop the hypocrisy call, and leave that tribalism behind. Millions have died in this country because of such attiutdes, and I effing hate it.

Well we all have our line of thought.

But to me they should be called Ibo drugsmen by the press.
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Polynek(m): 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2021
Monogamy:
Allow this people to develop Japan in peace..

Why are Japanese like this?
grin grin cheesy Dix comment crack me up grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Thermodynamics(m): 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2021
socialmediaman:
It seems nothing is a deterrent to bad actors! Even if you bundle Abba Kyari to the US to face justice, it won’t stop other criminals in uniform from collecting bribes and going rogue
Surviving in Nigeria is not a joke bro, the only thing that can truly stop crime in this Country is for the government to create a liveable environment for it's citizen.
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Arespect10: 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2021
CHINE EDE ONUEKE

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by SarakiBukola: 7:36am On Aug 05, 2021
Report card of the criminal ONLINE Republic.

Prostitution A1

Rituals A1

Drug trafficking A1

Househelp maltreatment A1

Poor hygiene/dirtiness A1

Chestbeating/cowardice A1.
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Nisiw365: 8:08am On Aug 05, 2021
Ipobian wants to develop already developed Japan. Over development is choking Japan
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by adecz: 8:40am On Aug 05, 2021
❌❌❗️Biafran not Nigerian please...☹️☹️☹️
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Japan For Allegedly Smuggling 15000 Ecstacy Tablet by Sonnobax15(m): 8:44am On Aug 05, 2021
undecided
I'm not surprised

(1) (Reply)

Reactions As Chidinma Ojukwu Arrive In Court Looking So Elegant (video) / Police Arrests & Parade 6 Policemen Who Assaulted Two Students In Owerri (Photos / @seun So Nairaland Encourages Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.