Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,344 members, 7,881,277 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:43 PM

A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France (15183 Views)

How Aurora Got Me A Job In A Multinational Company In Lagos / Masters Degree Holder Hunts For Job On The Street (Photo) / Fresh Jobs Recruitment In A Multinational Telecom Company (28 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by davifid: 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2021
Msc in France

1 Like

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by JB4life: 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2021
Mac2016:
300k that inflation would soon override. If you have plan to be an academic later pls embrace the France's Masters especially if it is with stipends.
I earn more than x2 of your offer I still dey apply for masters o but for me, I plan to be a professor later in life. Academics will be my last bus stop sha.. According to my plan.

In Jesus Name.Amen.
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Swealy: 5:15pm On Aug 04, 2021
Work in the multinational for 2 years save then go to USA/Canada
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by TheGift: 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2021
I usually advice people to get work experience first before pursuing a Masters, it makes you more ready and informed about the relevance of a Masters to your career path.

Except maybe you are research inclined and want to pursue a PhD and Academic career...

Go for the job, you will learn a lot more than a Masters will teach you in a MultiNational. And when you finally go for your Masters, you will have some real world experiences to share.
ojxclusive:
Hi Guys,

Please I need your advice on this, which do you prefer and reasons if possible. A job in a multinational that pays 300k and trainings in Europe and the other opportunity is a Masters degree program in France.

Please which of the two would you stick with?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by OkCornel(m): 5:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
ojxclusive:
Hi Guys,

Please I need your advice on this, which do you prefer and reasons if possible. A job in a multinational that pays 300k and trainings in Europe and the other opportunity is a Masters degree program in France.

If the multinational offers opportunities for secondment overseas (Europe, Australia, North America) please go for it.

If it were Masters in UK, the EU or Canada, I would have encouraged that. France is quite tricky, unless you’re fluent in French.

1 Like

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by MisterKennedy(m): 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2021
ojxclusive:
Hi Guys,

good evening bro... please what is the name of the job that pays 300,000 naira I really would like to know the job so that I can know whether I can apply for it

1 Like

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2021
ojxclusive:
Hi Guys,

What is the essence of masters(Education), is it not to get a job ??
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by lagdmark(m): 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2021
Where are the japa groups on Nairaland.
Most young people abandoned their jobs/businesses in Nigeria only to get stranded/frustrated on transit in one country for years.
"just japa" does not mean one shouldn't have a plan. "if you fail to plan, you are planning to fail".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by GentlePEACE: 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
Mac2016:
300k that inflation would soon override. If you have plan to be an academic later pls embrace the France's Masters especially if it is with stipends.
I earn more than x2 of your offer I still dey apply for masters o but for me, I plan to be a professor later in life. Academics will be my last bus stop sha.. According to my plan.

Hope not in this country. Coz a professor earns less than 1m, if you earn so much like that, why look for lecturing job
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 5:26pm On Aug 04, 2021
MrHighSea:
Which kind question be this?

You see quality money and you're still talking of additional degrees.
300k naira is quality money

[img]https://media1./images/2b34166f97e77eadbfdf8cd78ca7c5ce/tenor.gif?itemid=4936718[/img]
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2021
IFSHR:
Both.....remote your masters degree...if not possible...take the multinational offer.....quality experience beat master's degree....
Do you know how much is masters?
In a country where internet is a luxury how many people do you know completed their masters in record time?
And even when you get the masters what are the opportunities in a shithole where merit is a thing of the past.
Make una dey do some deep thinking. With the way the economy is 300k can't do anything for you. In fact if you manage to save up and buy anything. One visit to tue hospital or an encounter with kidnappers will set you back 1m years
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2021
damosky12:
Don't buy all this japaa narratives oh! Secure the job first... In the long run, if you're diligent enough, you can afford yourself the financial wherewithal and resources to go to any country of your choice, if you wish.

With 300k abi. SMH
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by blaze83(m): 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2021
Give me the job and go to France for the Masters na.

I'd sha pick the job if I were you.
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by IFSHR: 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Do you know how much is masters?
In a country where internet is a luxury how many people do you know completed their masters in record time?
And even when you get the masters what are the opportunities in a shithole where merit is a thing of the past.
Make una dey do some deep thinking. With the way the economy is 300k can't do anything for you. In fact if you manage to save up and buy anything. One visit to tue hospital or an encounter with kidnappers will set you back 1m years

Master's in Canada I will say yes....in France after the master's he will be heading back to Nigeria in a year's time in search of a job...hope you know that?....he said multinational with traveling opportunities...not like he will be stuck in 300k for life.
And my advice was he should consider remote for the master's and as well resume the job....with the global issue of Corona...requestion for remote learning in an advanced country is an option
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2021
Swealy:
Work in the multinational for 2 years save then go to USA/Canada
Make una dey dey informed nah
Unless he wants to eat sand while saving.
Doesnt he have rent and other expenses?
Lets even say he has where to stay and does not spend a penny of his salary ( 300k). At the end of 2 years he will save about 7.2m naira which is approximately 17,500 $
Average school fees in US is about 20k. For international students about $900k.
Lets not talk of air ticket, where you will stay etc.

1 Like

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Worksunlimited: 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2021
ojxclusive:
Hi Guys,

Some kind question dey this nairaland fp today..
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2021
TheGift:
I usually advice people to get work experience first before pursuing a Masters, it makes you more ready and informed about the relevance of a Masters to your career path.

Except maybe you are research inclined and want to pursue a PhD and Academic career...

Go for the job, you will learn a lot more than a Masters will teach you in a MultiNational. And when you finally go for your Masters, you will have some real world experiences to share.
Share where? What experience from a third world shithole do you have that you think oyinbo will find valuable? How to ruin a country?
My guy when you there that's when you will realise how backward your country really is. A 30 year old in Niggeria behaves like an 18 year old in a developed country
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Falconx47: 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2021
ojxclusive:
Hi Guys,

If the job is available and guaranteed, and it's something you'd like to do, I'll advice you take it, already there are prospects for you to grow and improve, via the trainings you mentioned. It usually takes more than a master's degree to begin a life in these European nations, that's to say, while the master's is good exposure, etc, on its own, it won't take you anywhere, you'll still have to fall back on your natural abilities, skills and connections at the end.

1 Like

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2021
IFSHR:

Master's in Canada I will say yes....in France after the master's he will be heading back to Nigeria in a year's time in search of a job...hope you know that?....he said multinational with traveling opportunities...not like he will be stuck in 300k for life.
And my advice was he should consider remote for the master's and as well resume the job....with the global issue of Corona...requestion for remote learning in an advanced country is an option
Is he a tree that he is rooted in France? Because you study in france means he must remain there? Haba

I worked in about 3 international NGOs before I left that shithole. Believe me the nepotism and laziness that you see in the civil service has finally gained ground there. You are talking of travelling. In a country where kidnappers have finally taken over your roads you are still talking of travel.
My guy the opportunities outside are better. Its not overnight success but if you put in the work you will reap the rewards. At least within 2 years he will be fine. He wont be rich but he will be comfortable. He wont be worrying about basics like electricity and internet
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by handsomebolanle: 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2021
ojxclusive:
Hi Guys,

Is it an Oil and Gas Company... if so send me a pm .. I once worked for a multinational oil and gas ...and the salary you mentioned looks familiar
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by CountVersailles(f): 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2021
ojxclusive:
Hi Guys,

At the end of the day, you are the only person who knows what you want. Don't take advice from small children here who haven't seen 300k before. 300k finishes quite fast. Have you heard of the word "delayed gratification"? That is, you deprive yourself of something good now for something better in the future. If you believe in yourself and you are confident in your abilities (unlike most people here and frankly around the world), you will take the decision that is best for you in that confidence. And that decision could be the job or the masters. It's up to you. You just need to be confident. Don't take a decision out of fear. If you believe that you are good enough at studying, so that you will ace your masters in flying colors and make yourself a more attractive employee, then by all means go for the masters. If, on the other hand, you believe that you could survive with the job, demonstrate that you are a valuable employee and suceed, then by all means go ahead with the job.

Let me finish with a story. I know a friend who turned out a multinational offer with an oil company (north of 1m monthly salary) to go for masters in that same france at Ecole Polytechnique. Went ahead to do a PhD in the US and is now comfortably working in the US. It really is your decision at the end of the day. Just be sure that five years from now when you are getting disillusioned in the company, you don't start looking back and wishing you had done the masters instead.

1 Like

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by damosky12(m): 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

With 300k abi. SMH

You think being abroad means swimming in money and comfort? LOL...

1 Like

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Joetttimua1811(m): 6:01pm On Aug 04, 2021
Let me learn from this thread
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2021
damosky12:

You think being abroad means swimming in money and comfort? LOL...
Who is talking of swimming in money here?
Is money the only reason for your existence?
You think having money equal better standard of living?
LOL

1 Like

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Skillsnigeria: 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2021
Follow your heart
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by rosalieene(f): 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2021
Take the Job pls
Unless you don't have intentions of returning to Nigeria if you leave for France.
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by damosky12(m): 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Who is talking of swimming in money here?
Is money the only reason for your existence?
You think having money equal better standard of living?
LOL

You think everyone who flees Nigeria for oversees experience the "better standard of living?" You think there aren't Nigerians in Canada, UK, and co who are emotionally, financially, and physically stranded? You'll do well to re-examine reality and wake up from utopia.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Pharaohny: 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2021
K

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Miket4real: 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2021
The job oooo.... you can always do masters "anywhere, anytime"
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Miket4real: 6:33pm On Aug 04, 2021
damosky12:

You think everyone who flees Nigeria for oversees experience the "better standard of living?" You think there aren't Nigerians in Canada, UK, and co who aren't emotionally, financially, and physically stranded? You'll do well to re-examine reality and wake up from utopia.

The cold self na die.... was once speaking to a Uncle of mine about coming there, him talk sense to my head and made me see the real situation over there.
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Judolisco(m): 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2021
Do d job... Do ur msc in Nigeria if u really want to do it immediately... Then gather money japa later... That's my own plan for now...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? / S S S Recruiting Test / Is It Necessary To Write A Resignation Letter Before You Stop Work In An Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.