Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,469 members, 7,937,393 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 12:10 AM

115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera (814 Views)

2023: I Won’t Be Regional President, Buhari Has Killed Nigeria – Bala Mohammed / Ozekhome: Buhari Has Killed Nigeria / Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by fenibak: 12:40pm On Aug 05, 2021
Global rights watchdog Amnesty International says it documented use of excessive force and at least 115 killings by security forces this year in southeastern states.

Amnesty International has accused Nigerian security forces of using excessive force and killing at least 115 people during a “repressive campaign” earlier this year against separatist agitators in the country’s restive southeast.
Violence has flared in the southeastern states this year, killing at least 127 police or members of the security services, according to the police. About 20 police stations and election commission offices have been attacked, local media have reported.

The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), an outlawed movement seeking independence for ethnic Igbo of the region, and its armed wing Eastern Security Network (ESN) have been blamed for the violence, but IPOB has denied the charges.

Amnesty said that in response, security forces, including the military, police and the Department of State Services (DSS) intelligence agency have killed dozens of gunmen, as well as civilians, where attacks have taken place.

The evidence gathered by Amnesty International paints a damning picture of ruthless excessive force by Nigerian security forces in Imo, Anambra and Abia [/b]states,” Osai Ojigho, the group’s Nigeria director, was quoted as saying by AFP news agency.

The global rights watchdog said in a Twitter post it had “documented at least 115 persons killed by security forces between January and June 2021”.

[b]Nigerian security forces launched security operations in June, primarily targeting ESN militants or those perceived as such to decimate the group.
Amnesty International documented at least 115 persons killed by security forces between January and June 2021.

— Amnesty International Nigeria (@AmnestyNigeria) August 5, 2021

“What is needed is an impartial and open inquiry to determine what happened and bring to justice all those suspected of criminal responsibility in fair trials before ordinary civilian courts and without recourse to death penalty,” Amnesty said.

There was no immediate comment by Nigerian authorities.

“I have not seen the statement. So I cannot respond,” national police spokesman Frank Mba told AFP.

Arbitrary arrests
Amnesty said relatives of the victims told the rights group that they were not part of the armed groups who were attacking security agents.

“Many of the victims were deposited at government hospitals in Imo and Abia state,” it said.

Amnesty said it also documented cases of arbitrary arrest, ill-treatment and torture in the restive region.

It said that in May 2021, the Imo state government announced the arrest of at least 400 people allegedly linked to the violence.

“Amnesty International’s investigation indicates that most of them were randomly picked up in their homes and off the street and had nothing to do with ESN.”

Source-aljazeera news

https://www.biafranboys.org/aljazeeranigeria-accused-of-ruthless

Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by Hezzyluv: 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2021
Sad cry

2 Likes

Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by Ammishaddai: 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2021
The use of excessive force is not something new to Nigeria's way of handling insecurity, and Amnesty International should just take it as a banner the Nigeria's government chose to display when carrying out ethic genocide
Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by Tony3245(m): 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
Nija which way na?? undecided
Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2021
115 lives lost unnecessary because of the brutality and madness of security agencies, UGM, ESN and Fulanis herdsmen.

This numbers of lives lost is unacceptable if true. 115 is a lot of lives.

And what is Amnesty international doing about this sef, or is it to release press statement?

I'm against all this unnecessary lost of lives all over Nigeria, the most painful thing about them is that they are avoidable.

I will blame GMB for all this madness sha. If he had truly tackle this herdsmen the way he has been tackling IPOB, we won't be where we are today.
Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by fenibak: 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2021
Ammishaddai:
The use of excessive force is not something new to Nigeria's way of handling insecurity, and Amnesty International should just take it as a banner the Nigeria's government chose to display when carrying out ethic genocide

I wish they use the same force on bandits and fulani herdsmen
Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by fenibak: 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2021
We know the numbers are more than 115,Nigerian civilian killing machine like I always call them knows how to hide bodies alot

1 Like

Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by Freestainworld(m): 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2021
Some cow living retards will support the evil of the Nigerian force's in the south East.

1 Like

Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by velocity25(m): 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2021
That's what they are good at, killing innocent people.
But that can't us from asking for Biafra.

1 Like

Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by Ammishaddai: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2021
fenibak:

I wish they use the same force on bandits and fulani herdsmen
Baba Buhari can't use excessive force on Bandits and herdsman o. He would rather tell his gestapo military to supervise the extrajudicial killing of millions of igbos living in southern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by fenibak: 1:00pm On Aug 05, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Baba Buhari can't use excessive force on Bandits and herdsman o. He would rather tell his gestapo military to supervise the extrajudicial killing of millions of igbos living in southern Nigeria.

Exactly imagine fulani herdsmen have been killing in the south east since 2016
Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by fenibak: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2021
velocity25:
That's what they are good at, killing innocent people.
But that can't us from asking for Biafra.

I call them the civilian killing machine because that is all they are trained to do.. Kill civilians, but when they see bokoharam they run away
Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by fenibak: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2021
Tony3245:
Nija which way na?? undecided

Naija is dead
Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by Visocrate(m): 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2021
Ok its just born out of hatred and envies but one day na one day.
Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by fenibak: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
115 lives lost unnecessary because of the brutality and madness of security agencies, UGM, ESN and Fulanis herdsmen.

This numbers of lives lost is unacceptable if true. 115 is a lot of lives.

And what is Amnesty international doing about this sef, or is it to release press statement?

I'm against all this unnecessary lost of lives all over Nigeria, the most painful thing about them is that they are avoidable.

I will blame GMB for all this madness sha. If he had truly tackle this herdsmen the way he has been tackling IPOB, we won't be where we are today.

It is more than 115 are you not a Nigerian? Same people that said nobody died at lekki tollgate
Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by velocity25(m): 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2021
fenibak:

I call them the civilian killing machine because that is all they are trained to do.. Kill civilians, but when they see bokoharam they run away
that's why I don't feel bad anymore whenever they are killed.
Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by IgweOfNnewi: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2021
ok
Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by Ammishaddai: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2021
fenibak:

Exactly imagine fulani herdsmen have been killing in the south east since 2016
It is well. One day, baba Buhari go die and peace will finally return to our land .
Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by fenibak: 1:06pm On Aug 05, 2021
velocity25:
that's why I don't feel bad anymore whenever they are killed.

You are not alone everyone feels that way

1 Like

Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by fenibak: 1:06pm On Aug 05, 2021
Ammishaddai:
It is well. One day, baba Buhari go die and peace will finally return to our land .

We are already on our land sef, they should stop disturbing us and leave us alone
Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by Ammishaddai: 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2021
fenibak:

We are already on our land sef, they should stop disturbing us and leave us alone
It is well my brother . Anyway, stay safe and God bless .

1 Like

Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
Buhari and his Generations will pay for this crime against innocent soul's he wasted

1 Like

Re: 115 Killed:Nigeria Accused Of ‘ruthless’crackdown In Restive Southeast-aljazeera by fenibak: 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
Buhari and his Generations will pay for this crime against innocent soul's he wasted

They are already paying, 2.2million displaced in the North east alone, bandits and bokoharam everywhere in the North

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

9 11 A Sacrifice Ritual To ANTI-CHRIST Part Of A Plot To Resurrect Him In 2038 / MNK- They'll Talk About Us Whether They Like It Or Not. / Independence Day: Abuja Keffii Road Blocked.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.