Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,961 members, 7,890,177 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:26 AM

Reno Omokri's 'History Teacher', Mazi Ogbonnaya, Launches First Igbotic Site - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri's 'History Teacher', Mazi Ogbonnaya, Launches First Igbotic Site (450 Views)

JUST IN: Reno Omokri Accepts Mazi Ogbonnaya's Debate Challenge / Igbo Vs Bini: Famous Igbo Historian, Mazi Ogbonnaya, Tears Reno Omokri To Pieces / Why Does Ogbonnaya Onu Wear The Same Attire To Public Events? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reno Omokri's 'History Teacher', Mazi Ogbonnaya, Launches First Igbotic Site by SATANICALLY666: 8:47am On Aug 06, 2021
I am glad to announce that the long awaiting website is here...

When they say you are Igbotic, do you think it's an insult? NO!

It is a thing of joy to be Igbotic. This has been my dream project, to have a platform bigger than any university in terms of language teaching and learning.

How?

I wanted a foundational and culturally built platform where Igbo children can learn about their culture, history, oral tradition and written literature mixed with language to give them the sense of identity.

I want a unified platform where everything to be discussed is all about Igbo language, Igbo culture, Igbo people and Igbo history. A platform where ndị Igbo all over the world will find useful for proper education about themselves.

I have tried many times and failed.

But here, I got it right. This is a platform where you can learn Igbo, culture and everything about Igbo.

I designed the courses following the curriculum of the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council in conjunction with the Federal Ministry of Education for teaching Igbo Language for Primary and Secondary Schools. I am not satisfied completely with the curriculum, I added many things my personal research and years of study in Igbo adgudged to be necessary for our children.

I added history, literature, oral tradition to give them strong background. Such history is far from Mungo Park discovering River Niger. Mbanụnụ. Far from it.

The idea is, any Igbo child born in any part of the world will learn the same thing a child could have been taught in Igbo Language in Igbo land assuming they are here. But good thing is, our curriculum is far more better than what is obtainable here.

How?

Nigerian curriculum on Igbo Language gives no consideration for second language and foreign language teachers and students. But, this ours have them in mind and all our courses are prepared bilingually. We say everything in Igbo and at the same time interprete in English. It does not happen in Nigerian schools where Igbo is taught. This is why children born outside Igbo land return to study in ala Igbo and get confused.

Again, most primary schools in Igbo land are no longer teaching Igbo. Children lack formative years in Igbo learning.

That problem is solved. Our courses available are from Primary 1 to Primary 6. First term to third term each. Forget the word "Primary".

Adults are in for these courses. Children are in for them. All the akpankoro kpankoro udu moo ogene.... kụọrọnụ nwa ngwere aka erente" are all packaged as lesson. You will learn how to read, write and speak.

All our courses have study materials.

As you are listening to audio or watching the video contents, we have materials for you. You will use them to study. Do assignments to help brush your mind.

You have lifetime access to any course you buy. We will keep updating them. Again, every student has access to me.

I will attend to questions. So, I am not leaving you. The course is your property for life. Once we update, you will be notified. Also sign up to our newsletter to keep getting info.

Secondly, we have a course from Basic—advanced level one. It has videos and materials.

Those who are already in intermediate, basic or advanced level can take the course. It's a journey.

Thirdly, go to shop in the menu, you will see our audiobooks and e-books. Pick to the cart and checkout.

Once you complete any of the transactions, automatically you will have access to download them.

Remember, we will keep improving. This is just the first side of the website. We are working very hard to ensure that materials will never be lacking in Igbo.

UNESCO prediction of Igbo Language going into extinction will be thwarted.

Drop your criticism. We welcome both constructive and destructive criticism. They will help us to be better.

Go through the website, pick what you want and enjoy yourself.

Remember, you can always contact us. You can also drop your opinion on how we can improve. Through your guidance, your kids will start Igbo from nothing to something. A child of one year is not too young to hear. Start from any of the courses, play the audio for them.

We will also create more virtual contents and courses for kids.

We have a lot in store.

But

Are you ready?

Go to our Igbotic site because I am Maazị, adị m Igbotic.

Mazi Ogbonnaya Mark Okoro is an Igbo Translator, Igbo Teacher, Author, Historian, American Sign Language Interpreter, Researcher, Blogger, Internet Marketer, Biz Rep.

He has won numerous awards and his interviews have appeared on Daily Sun, Ubuntu FM, Pretoria, South Africa, African Magic Igbo, etc.

Maazi Ogbonnaya was the first BBC Igbo Translator, translating the BBC editorial guidelines into the Igbo Language. He has worked with other international organizations like UNESCO in projects, promoting African languages, Culture and history.

Re: Reno Omokri's 'History Teacher', Mazi Ogbonnaya, Launches First Igbotic Site by Tony3245(m): 8:49am On Aug 06, 2021
Impressive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri's 'History Teacher', Mazi Ogbonnaya, Launches First Igbotic Site by Promzy99: 9:05am On Aug 06, 2021
101% Onye D.O.T

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri's 'History Teacher', Mazi Ogbonnaya, Launches First Igbotic Site by Harrymig1(m): 9:08am On Aug 06, 2021
Igbo Amaka

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri's 'History Teacher', Mazi Ogbonnaya, Launches First Igbotic Site by LLiKYekoba: 9:39am On Aug 06, 2021
Nwoke a ne me ofuma!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri's 'History Teacher', Mazi Ogbonnaya, Launches First Igbotic Site by Boomdoom: 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Defence Allocations Hit N5tn, Over 11,420 Nigerians Killed In Six Years / Accord Party Deputy Governorship Candidate Sir Kenneth Ifeatu Obi Gets Blessings / APC, Trying To Extend Buhari’s Tenure By Endorsing Osibanjo/malami Ticket – NNPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.