Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,799 members, 7,879,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:19 PM

Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference (551 Views)

Erik Ten Hag Appointment As New Man United Manager Is At Final Stages / Franck Ribery And Arjen Robben In Tears At Final Game In Bayern Munich / Tyson Fury And Deontay Wilder Clash At Final Press Conference (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by OJEEMAH(m): 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
The six-time Ballon d'Or has expressed his sadness after being forced to cut short his time with the Blaugrana due to a breakdown in contract talks
Lionel Messi was in floods of tears at his final press conference as a Barcelona player as he confirmed that a move to Paris Saint-Germain "is a possibility".

Messi became a free agent upon the expiration of his contract at Barca in June, and the club confirmed on Friday that they have been unable to tie him down to a new deal due to "financial and structural obstacles".

The Blaugrana couldn't re-sign the 34-year-old without exceeding La Liga's wage limit, meaning their talismanic captain will now be forced to find a new club, and he admits that the whole situation has come as a great shock to him.

What's been said?
“This is very difficult, I was not prepared for this. Last year I was convinced to leave, but this year we were going to stay, my family and I wanted to continue here, in our house," said Messi.

"After 21 years I'm leaving with my three Catalan-Argentine kids. We've lived in this city, this is our home. I'm just really grateful for everything, all my team-mates, everyone who has been by my side.

"I gave everything for this club from the first day I arrived to the last. I never imagined having to say goodbye as I didn't think about it. What's clear is I did everything possible, and they (Barca) couldn't do it because of La Liga.

"A lot of things have been said about me, but on my behalf we did everything I could because I wanted to stay. Last year I didn't want to stay and I said it. This year I did and I couldn't.

"I love this club. Without seeing the fans for over a year-and-a-half has been very hard. If I had imagined it [his leaving speech] I would've imagined the Camp Nou full and being able to say goodbye properly."

Will Messi join PSG?
The Argentine was also asked if reports of Paris Saint-Germain being his most likely next destination are true, to which he responded: “Paris Saint-Germain is a possibility, yes.

"At the moment nothing is confirmed, I received a lot of calls after the Barcelona statement. We’re talking about it."

Messi's legacy at Barca
Messi departs Barcelona as their all-time top-scorer with 672 goals to his name from 778 appearances across all competitions.

The diminutive magician is widely regarded as the finest player to have ever graced the Camp Nou turf, and has won a record six Ballon d'Or awards during his 21-year stay at the club.

Messi has also picked up 34 team trophies with Barca, including 10 La Liga titles and four Champions League crowns, with the 2020-21 Copa del Rey the latest piece of silverware added to his illustrious CV.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/messi-in-tears-at-final-barcelona-press-conference-as-he/14fm8fdsj9l451l2phubx0s6aa

Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by FIRDAUS3(m): 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
"I gave everything for this club from the first day I arrived to the last. I never imagined having to say goodbye as I didn't think about it. What's clear is I did everything possible, and they (Barca) couldn't do it because of La Liga..

You've done your best G.O.A.T
You're the Legend of all time. See you in PSG

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by paulolee(m): 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2021
our GOAT

2 Likes

Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by TheLequte: 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2021
Me to Messi’s tears

Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by paulolee(m): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
FIRDAUS3:
"I gave everything for this club from the first day I arrived to the last. I never imagined having to say goodbye as I didn't think about it. What's clear is I did everything possible, and they (Barca) couldn't do it because of La Liga..

You've done your best G.O.A.T
You're the Legend of all time. See you in PSG
sure...me don book psg jersey already...wen e sign I go pay complete ml DM deliver am

2 Likes

Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by OJEEMAH(m): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
paulolee:
our GOAT
undisputedly the greatest to ever play the round leather game

Goodbye BOSS
Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by Tony3245(m): 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2021
Gratest
Of
All
Time

Goat.

Kindly patronize my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by philo04(m): 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2021
Bro Messi happy Sunday
Leave when the ovation is high
You still remain the greatest player to me
After Ronaldo I just love that guy

1 Like

Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by ThierryJay: 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2021
Gracias Messi for everything you've done for Barca.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by peppermint7(m): 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
Bbb
Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by Plomo: 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2021

CR7

Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by paulolee(m): 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
OJEEMAH:
undisputedly the greatest to ever play the round leather game

Goodbye BOSS
yeah...goodbye from Spain...we de wait for e new club..make e be PSG abeeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by OJEEMAH(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2021
ThierryJay:
Gracias Messi for everything you've done for Barca.

Ojeemah, title's a bit misleading as from the content he didnt confirm PSG move, he only confirmed talks with PSG.
noted boss......just copied and pasted
Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by ThierryJay: 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2021
OJEEMAH:
noted boss......just copied and pasted

No qualms bro. The mods would revise if it reaches FP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by OJEEMAH(m): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
ThierryJay:

No qualms bro. The mods would revise if it reaches FP.
Done that already
Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by Treasure17(m): 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ekun Egbere undecided
Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by ThierryJay: 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Done that already

Great. I've modified my initial comment as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi In Tears At Final Barcelona Press Conference by OJEEMAH(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2021
ThierryJay:

Great. I've modified my initial comment as well.
thanks bro.......Anything for your boy? today na sunday ooh grin

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Shirt Sales Eclipse Messi And PSG / Get Sure 5 Odds Daily For One Week. / EPL: Manchester United Boss Ralf Rangnick Receives Sack Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.