Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,466 members, 7,891,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:01 PM

Night Travellers - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Night Travellers (352 Views)

Dangote Truck Kills Travellers Enroute Plateau State (viewers Discretion Adviced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Night Travellers by benqo01(m): 9:27pm On Aug 08, 2021
Though I haven't travelled at night before,I know some of you must of heard one or two bad experiences traveling at night by road,maybe for a biz or something kindly share your story.
Re: Night Travellers by BirtherOfKings(f): 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
Travelling at night is amazing before all this killing and kidnapping..I never experienced them wen I travelled with luxurious bus and a military person was always in the bus with machine gun
The last time was in 2019 wen I was leaving Aba finally with all my load..I did not prepare well for the cold, I thought I wld faint , my teeth was chattering and face was pure white..wen we took a break at Onitsha, I stayed near suya stop to feel a bit better
Wld do it all over again and again despite d danger..
Prefer flight though grin Ibom Air, u Rock#
Re: Night Travellers by Mrsoft3(m): 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
benqo01:
Though I haven't travelled at night before,I know some of you must of heard one or two bad experiences traveling at night by road,maybe for a biz or something kindly share your story.

I have been traveling the Nigerian road for years now,my first journey was from lagos to maiduguri that was 1999.

I have traveled lagos to kaduna
Lagos to kano
Lagos to zaria
Lagos to katsina
Kaduna to niger
Kaduna to abuja
Zaria to jos
Lagos to ibadan
Lagos to osun
Lagos to illorin
Zaria to illorin.

Honestly traveling is fun, night journey has been my thing and I truly owe it to God for protection.
I just traveled from kaduna to lagos self today.

So there are lots of dangers at night while traveling. But let me be totally honest with you, there is nothing more you can do aside your prayer to God. The driver stays awake all night driving at top speed, making sure he doesn't endanger passengers life, at the detriment of his own sleep. You travel thru lonely bushes where you don't have guarantee of what to face next, you only see few cars. Few presence of security men at post where you don't have much trouble and the places where there are dangers lurking they are nowhere to be found(I don't blame them anyway)

All we ask from this government is good road and solid security the rest we will find ourselves.

But I have not experienced robbery or kidnapping nor accident all my travels, God has been faithful. His grace has been sufficient

1 Like

Re: Night Travellers by benqo01(m): 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
Mrsoft3:

I have been traveling the Nigerian road for years now,my first journey was from lagos to maiduguri that was 1999.

I have traveled lagos to kaduna
Lagos to kano
Lagos to zaria
Lagos to katsina
Kaduna to niger
Kaduna to abuja
Zaria to jos
Lagos to ibadan
Lagos to osun
Lagos to illorin
Zaria to illorin.

Honestly traveling is fun, night journey has been my thing and I truly owe it to God for protection.
I just traveled from kaduna to lagos self today.

So there are lots of dangers at night while traveling. But let me be totally honest with you, there is nothing more you can do aside your prayer to God. The driver stays awake all night driving at top speed, making sure he doesn't endanger passengers life, at the detriment of his own sleep. You travel thru lonely bushes where you don't have guarantee of what to face next, you only see few cars. Few presence of security men at post where you don't have much trouble and the places where there are dangers lurking they are nowhere to be found(I don't blame them anyway)

All we ask from this government is good road and solid security the rest we will find ourselves.

But I have not experienced robbery or kidnapping nor accident all my travels, God has been faithful. His grace has been sufficient

You really tried God is faithful o

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Control Your Anger? / I Still Love Her And I Can't Help It. How Do I Move On? / #

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.