Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,245 members, 7,880,916 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:11 AM

Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? (40115 Views)

What Food Tastes Better The Next Day? / Food Cooked With Snake And Giant Rat (Pictures) / See The Plate Of Rice I Cooked With Just 200 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Myke99: 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2021
Fvck all y’all sayin poverty. We all knw is firewood (fact)
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by samuel900(m): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2021
My mother is over 80, she has been using firewood since birth.....same with me

NwaNimo1:
Wood.......but the smoke is a silent killer!

[img]https://media./images/ec36988b5748b4141fa8dec9b0547b61/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by illicit(m): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2021
Using fire wood promotes deforestation

We need to think big

1 Like

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Npmedia(m): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2021
Firewood is d best
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by bigpicture001: 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2021
nnamdi640:
If you eat Jollof rice cooked with fire wood, you will know that fire wood or charcoal gives a unique taste different from that of gas or stove. Fire wood still remains the best.

Yes..I perfectly agree with jollof rice....jeez! The taste is different

1 Like

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Eriokanmi: 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2021
frankmoney:
It's a myth ... It all depends on the chef
No be only Myth . Chef bawoo? Everyone know say na fayawood own sweet pass, maybe except you.

1 Like

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 10, 2021
only poverty mindset will make anyone to choose firewood. You mean to tell me that a food where smoke, particles of sand has entered is sweeter than food cooked with gas? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Whois(m): 3:22pm On Aug 10, 2021
It depends on the preparation

2 Likes

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Yomboy4ever(m): 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2021
In 2021? Thunder fire poverty. u will get to a level in your life where fire wood go buy like taboo..
The same people will argue say grinding stone soup sweet pass grinding machine..
The same way leg is better than car for transportation..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Eriokanmi: 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2021
airsaylongcome:
Poverty question
Naaa! The majority of us here have gas cooker at home. The taste is amazing when you cook with firewood.

1 Like

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Nephilim: 3:24pm On Aug 10, 2021
I don't understand! It's the firewood smokes now a food seasoning? This backward people sha grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Patriotic9ja(m): 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2021
Poverty na bad thing. Poor man go dey console himself sey na firewood own sweet pass. What makes the food is the temperature/duration. Not the firewood or gas. Both of them are just fuel to achieve the Temperature needed for the food to be cooked. Whether food go sweet or not depends on the pesin wey dey cook d food and the money well spent......

The difference between agidi and pap na Tfactor. Temperature/duration

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Eriokanmi: 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2021
Preciousppearl:
actually beans with charcoal na the best.
Na same thing . You no know say na d charcoal wey dey inside fayawood dey cook food?
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Zetty177x: 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2021
Firewood

1 Like

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by KiNg0G: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2021
What does it matter nor be same heat, they provide.

Gas is even better.. can be reduced and increase at anytime.

Na wa

1 Like

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Zetty177x: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2021
nnamdi640:
If you eat Jollof rice cooked with fire wood, you will know that fire wood or charcoal gives a unique taste different from that of gas or stove. Fire wood still remains the best.

I was looking for a comment like this

1 Like

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Childofaking: 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2021
Na poverty dey make person think say food cooked with firewood taste sweeter.

1 Like

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by wale86: 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2021
ijustdey:
Interviewed Abuja residents have expressed mixed feelings over food cooked with firewood when compared with food cooked with gas.

So, we want everyone input on this topic on which type of cooking methods does he/she loved his food to be cooked and why?
Wale2integrate@gmail.com

https://dailytrust.com/which-food-tastes-better-one-cooked-with-firewood-or-gas
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by respectfully: 3:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
My grandma hardly use gas to cook, she only uses the oven for baking. Firewood soups is far tasty than gas. This is not about poverty.
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
[quote author=YeyeGbami post=104639328]Firewood dey sweet, but eye go red. [/quote
Lol grin
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by ikorodureporta: 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
The difference is just the skill applied. Atimes smoke from the wood too dey spoil food taste.

The difference is because the heat from firewood is more circulated, thereby hitting the right corners at the same time. Sometimes lower /less fire with more heat make the meal like it's being baked, unlike gas that supplies direct fire...
If you can reduce the gas fire intensity & still maintain heating capacity, there's no difference

1 Like

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by tnerro1(m): 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
Firewood, there is a certain taste to it grin
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 10, 2021
When you cook food with gas the fast cooking process makes it loose taste which is a result of eating slightly undone food although it is edible.

But the slow cooking process of firewood, stove, coal-pot, electric stove makes the food get cook properly.

Cooking beans will reveal this.

Professional single guy reporting
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Itoro350(m): 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2021
MBOK FIREWOOD
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by seyz91(m): 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2021
Confirm!

Myth like saying pepper grated with old school grinding stone better for stew than the one blended with blender or grater
frankmoney:
It's a myth ... It all depends on the chef
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2021
Wavvywind:
I no know o.

Wetin I know be say party jollof rice dey sweet pass and smell differently from one cooked at home.

Anytime I got sick during my childhood, I only had appetite for party jollof. My mom would tell me to kill my paternal grandma so they can prepare party jollof.

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by desire4love: 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
I don't think there is any need for the comparison. Food can be cooked on firewood and it tastes better while food cooed on gas can as well taste better depending on who cooked it and incredients available.

1 Like

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by ekevwe(m): 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2021
ijustdey:
Interviewed Abuja residents have expressed mixed feelings over food cooked with firewood when compared with food cooked with gas.

So, we want everyone input on this topic on which type of cooking methods does he/she loved his food to be cooked and why?
The smoke that enters the pot gives it smoky taste that's the difference

https://dailytrust.com/which-food-tastes-better-one-cooked-with-firewood-or-gas
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by ogbenimax007: 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2021
Poor man thinking undecided
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by nextstep(m): 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2021
Patriotic9ja:
Poverty na bad thing. Poor man go dey console himself sey na firewood own sweet pass. What makes the food is the temperature/duration. Not the firewood or gas. Both of them are just fuel to achieve the Temperature needed for the food to be cooked. Whether food go sweet or not depends on the pesin wey dey cook d food and the money well spent......

The difference between agidi and pap na Tfactor. Temperature/duration

There's something about the smoke that adds a special taste to food cooked with firewood. That's why even in the US, the best BBQs always use words like "slow cooked over charcoal or wood". I don't think we've ever seen: "slow grilled in a gas oven". Same thing with pizza: wood fired versions are seen as more desirable and delicious. They even sell "smoke flavour" as an additive and that's what you'll see as an ingredient in many "nostalgic" packaged food.

Party rice, roasted yam, roasted corn, suya, moin moin sef... all taste better when cooked with wood in my opinion.

That said, gas is the superior choice for convenience, health hazards, clean pots and surfaces, not to mention the environment.
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by witworth(m): 3:39pm On Aug 10, 2021
Na food cooked with sun or fireworks
Shey bi una like rough play ni
Nonsense, maybe e get the one wey no be fire for the firewood and gas.
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by airsaylongcome: 3:40pm On Aug 10, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Naaa! The majority of us here have gas cooker at home. The taste is amazing when you cook with firewood.

I know the taste you are talking about. It has been put in a bottle as a flavour. And only the very discerning tongue can tell the difference

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Food Items I Bought For Less Than N4000 Today / Man Tells Chicken Seller To Cut The Wings Into 17 Pieces (Pix, Video) / The Baking Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.