Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,869 members, 7,902,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 04:16 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4730538 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (6252) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 10:52pm On Jul 04, 2013
AjanleKoko: ^^
You feel better with Thiago gone, and a 33-year old Xavi with no competition?

Okay oh. This is football sha. undecided
A replacement will be found but apparently Thiago wasn't good enough. Except you disagree that he was given a chance and he flunked. I believe he was given a good enough chance but his performance was not convincing enough. Compare with my reference to Pique who interestingly had moved from Man U.

And speaking of competition, except you disregard Fabregas, Xavi does have competition already.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
logica: I actually feel better with Thiago gone. He had his chances and blew them. Some will claim he was match rusty from sitting on the bench, but they seem to forget the story of Pique.

It may be too long ago for some to remember, but Pique should have been match rusty from sitting on the bench waiting on Raphael Marquez. Fortunately for him (and unfortunately for Rafa) Rafa got injured and Pique stepped in. And Rafa could not even get back into the team when he got fit. He was completely displaced.

That was the similar event I expected when ever Xavi got injured in a season marred by several spells of long layoffs. Thiago's performance always had everybody anticipating the quick recovery and return of Xavi. In Pique's case, he made the management completely forget about the existence of Rafa.
Come on are you comparing Rafael Marquez to Xavi? Now I'm not saying Rafael Marquez is a horrible player but we are talking about replacing one of the all-time greats at his position here. I think Barca enabled him and he eventually started believing his own hype! And with enabling comes entitlement.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2013
logica: I actually feel better with Thiago gone. He had his chances and blew them. Some will claim he was match rusty from sitting on the bench, but they seem to forget the story of Pique.

It may be too long ago for some to remember, but Pique should have been match rusty from sitting on the bench waiting on Raphael Marquez. Fortunately for him (and unfortunately for Rafa) Rafa got injured and Pique stepped in. And Rafa could not even get back into the team when he got fit. He was completely displaced.

That was the similar event I expected when ever Xavi got injured in a season marred by several spells of long layoffs. Thiago's performance always had everybody anticipating the quick recovery and return of Xavi. In Pique's case, he made the management completely forget about the existence of Rafa.
Come on are you comparing Rafael Marquez to Xavi? Now I'm not saying Rafael Marquez is a horrible player but we are talking about replacing one of the all-time greats at his position here. I think Barca enabled him and he eventually started believing his own hype! And with enabling comes entitlement.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 3:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
A-40:

Come on are you comparing Rafael Marquez to Xavi? Now I'm not saying Rafael Marquez is a horrible player but we are talking about replacing one of the all-time greats at his position here.
Rafael was just as essential to Barca as Xavi was at the time he got injured; otherwise Pique would have replaced him even before he got injured. Have you asked yourself how even Guardiola got replaced in the Barca line up (despite being an "all-time" Barca great)? That's what happens to "all-time" greats: they get old and get replaced.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
David Villa has completed his transfer to Atlectico Madrid for a bargain fee of 5.1 million euros. I am glad he did'nt get to join an english club. Laliga should stop losing stars to them. Also Eric Abidal have also joined AS Monaco on a free tranfer and for one year.

Thiago saga continues with his expected transfer to Manchester United still stalling. I wish he makes a decision and stop keeping everybody waiting .

I also expect Barca to make up their mind on the choice of defender they want to sign. Almost all defender avialable in Europe have been linked and it is turning to a joke.

I wish Villa happy times at Atletico. He's a great stiker but I feels he has lost some touches. I hope he helps them to do well.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
Liga start Barcelona: Levante
(home), Malaga (away), Valencia
(a), Sevilla (h), Rayo (a), Real
Sociedad (h), Almeria (a),
Valladolid (h)

El classico comes up in the last week of October in Barcelona while the return leg takes place in March next year. Curtain draws to Barca's season when they play host to Villa's Atletico.

I wish Barca good luck with the new season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biolabee(m): 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
Johnpaul88: Liga start Barcelona: Levante
(home), Malaga (away), Valencia
(a), Sevilla (h), Rayo (a), Real
Sociedad (h), Almeria (a),
Valladolid (h)

El classico comes up in the last week of October in Barcelona while the return leg takes place in March next year. Curtain draws to Barca's season when they play host to Villa's Atletico.

I wish Barca good luck with the new season.

its always october march
that march can be crucial in the ucl phase
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 14, 2013
We wish Xavi and His new Wife Nuria a happy married life. They wed yesterday
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 1:48am On Jul 15, 2013
Thanks for the gift - FCBayern
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:19am On Jul 15, 2013
dayokanu: Thanks for the gift - FCBayern

Dem for even try collect one ageing defender off Bayern's hands.
Now they will take the 25m and go buy some midfielder embarassed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 9:20am On Jul 15, 2013
dayokanu: Thanks for the gift - FCBayern
Lol. Which gift? The Greek Gift? He will surely cost you guys a few cheap conceded goals.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 15, 2013
I'm glad he's gone now.

I believe that those who wish to play for Barca must have their heart and mind set to it. I don't think Thiago had such. At his promotion back in 2011, he confirmed that his wish is to succeed in Football not in Barcelona. So this 's hardly a surprise to me.

And to make matter worse, I think the club wanted to sell him, hence the reason why they made sure he never played up to the required number of games stated in his contract for him to stay. Not minding that he missed 13 games thru injury, they could still have played him up to 37 games or 61% if he was so important to them. But they never shifted a finger to try to stop his transfer. That must be very frustrating to him since he now sees himself as the best there is, afterall he scored hatrick in the final of u 21. He's now bigger than Fc Barcelona.

He became desperate to leave and even waived €4M to Barcelona to make sure the transfer does not fell through. He'll gladly accept the bench of Bayern (he's destined there any way) than to stay where he feels he's not wanted.

On the other side, I think this will offer a good chance for Sergio Roberto to show us that he's the real Xavi successor. He must be licking his lips when this transfer was announced yesterday. I think he's the biggest winner in this deal. Barcelona's the second biggest winner because they'll use this much needed €25M to facilitate the transfer of a defender they have so much desired.

Thiago remains the undisputed loser here because he'll only disrupt the harmony in the dressing room at the Allianz Arena, when others see him as the coach's boy and one who plays yet adds nothing new to the team. He would have been better off in Manu where they'll worship him as the one who learned the ropes at the feet of the famous Midfield meastros, Iniesta and Xavi.

This move has only one ending for him, and it's not a happy one.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 15, 2013
World cup squad 2014? Isco and Illaremandi of Real Madrid have bigger chance of making it than him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AlabaSlim: 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
Johnpaul88: World cup squad 2014? Isco and Illaremandi of Real Madrid have bigger chance of making it than him.
Johnpaul88: I'm glad he's gone now.

I believe that those who wish to play for Barca must have their heart and mind set to it. I don't think Thiago had such. At his promotion back in 2011, he confirmed that his wish is to succeed in Football not in Barcelona. So this 's hardly a surprise to me.

And to make matter worse, I think the club wanted to sell him, hence the reason why they made sure he never played up to the required number of games stated in his contract for him to stay. Not minding that he missed 13 games thru injury, they could still have played him up to 37 games or 61% if he was so important to them. But they never shifted a finger to try to stop his transfer. That must be very frustrating to him since he now sees himself as the best there is, afterall he scored hatrick in the final of u 21. He's now bigger than Fc Barcelona.

He became desperate to leave and even waived €4M to Barcelona to make sure the transfer does not fell through. He'll gladly accept the bench of Bayern (he's destined there any way) than to stay where he feels he's not wanted.

On the other side, I think this will offer a good chance for Sergio Roberto to show us that he's the real Xavi successor. He must be licking his lips when this transfer was announced yesterday. I think he's the biggest winner in this deal. Barcelona's the second biggest winner because they'll use this much needed €25M to facilitate the transfer of a defender they have so much desired.

Thiago remains the undisputed loser here because he'll only disrupt the harmony in the dressing room at the Allianz Arena, when others see him as the coach's boy and one who plays yet adds nothing new to the team. He would have been better off in Manu where they'll worship him as the one who learned the ropes at the feet of the famous Midfield meastros, Iniesta and Xavi.

This move has only one ending for him, and it's not a happy one.
Shey u be GOD?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nitlad: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
^^^

grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 2:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
Alaba_Slim:

Shey u be GOD?

Actually . . . that's why I held my peace earlier. undecided

Johnpaul88: I'm glad he's gone now.

And to make matter worse, I think the club wanted to sell him, hence the reason why they made sure he never played up to the required number of games stated in his contract for him to stay.

Laughable, really. Did you think through this statement? You be learner oh embarassed
So Barca doesn't like money abi? If they had played him, does it not occur to you that they would have sold him for much more than 25 million euros if they had used him enough to maintain the buyout clause?

Johnpaul88:

Defender like Thiago Silva/David Luiz/Marquinhos? You dey follow news at all?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

. . . anyway since I am still a socio, I wish they can snag Thiago Silva. Even if we end up with Adil Rami, I go still happy. If they buy one single defender, it is worth celebrating.

But that Sergi Roberto thing na cheesy cheesy cheesy the boy is heading for nowhere but the bench. They made far more noise about Thiago two seasons ago.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
Johnpaul88: World cup squad 2014? Isco and Illaremandi of Real Madrid have bigger chance of making it than him.
Guy you just dey yarn like Papa wey dem marry him daughter without collecting bride price! Blame the person that set his release clause and not Thiago himself afterall na una give am leverage

AjanleKoko:

It seems you guys are doing some form of yard sale! First Villa now Alcantara! Something is definitely wrong in this Rosell era I'm sure the potshots he took at Pep also had a hand in fast tracking this deal
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
This is obviously Johnpaul88 grin grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
A-40:

It seems you guys are doing some form of yard sale! First Villa now Alcantara! Something is definitely wrong in this Rosell era I'm sure the potshots he took at Pep also had a hand in fast tracking this deal

I tire embarassed

logica:
And speaking of competition, except you disregard Fabregas, Xavi does have competition already.

Fabregas is next. Man United just put in a bid of £25m.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I tire embarassed

Fabregas is next. Man United just put in a bid of £25m.
Lol. You no serious. Fabregas ain't going nowhere.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
My views stand, no matter what y' all say.

I blame not the club but Thiago who didn't play well enough to deserve more playing time and who on top of that is cocky.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2013
Johnpaul88: My views stand, no matter what y' all say.

I blame not the club but Thiago who didn't play well enough to deserve more playing time and who on top of that is cocky.

I don't blame you for your views either. No offence, but na small pickin eye you dey take look am. You haven't followed football clubs long enough, frankly speaking. The golden era of Spain and Barca is all you know, and that's why you think anybody who turns down Barca can't be successful. That's where I'll leave it.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by PhysicsMathematics(m): 4:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
Jul 15, 2013 1:38:00 PM
With Spain Under-21 star Thiago set to join up
with Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich, the Red
Devils launched a bid to sign the 26-year-old
former Arsenal midfielder
By Greg Stobart
Manchester United have made a €30 million
(£25.9m) opening offer for Barcelona
midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
Having seen Thiago elect to join up with
former boss Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich
rather than move to Old Trafford, United have
turned their attentions to the former Arsenal
man.
After lodging the offer on Monday, United must
now wait for Barcelona to make their stance
regarding the midfielder known.
Fabregas often struggled to break in to the
Barca line-up last season and was occasionally
booed by his own supporters when he
performed poorly.
The Gunners have been keeping tabs on
Fabregas
- who left the Emirates Stadium for Camp Nou
in 2011, throughout the summer - and have a
€29m buy-back clause in place.
Arsene Wenger is keen to bolster his squad this
summer and has been in contact with his former
midfielder about his current situation in
Catalunya.
Despite United's confidence that their £6.2m
salary offer would be enough to tempt Thiago,
the 22-year-old will complete a move to Bayern
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by PhysicsMathematics(m): 4:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
Jul 15, 2013 1:38:00 PM
With Spain Under-21 star Thiago set to join up
By Greg Stobart
man.
Fabregas often struggled to break in to the
Barca line-up last season and was occasionally
booed by his own supporters when he
performed poorly.
The Gunners have been keeping tabs on
Fabregas
- who left the Emirates Stadium for Camp Nou
in 2011, throughout the summer - and have a
€29m buy-back clause in place.
Arsene Wenger is keen to bolster his squad this
summer and has been in contact with his former
midfielder about his current situation in
Catalunya.
Despite United's confidence that their £6.2m
salary offer would be enough to tempt Thiago,
the 22-year-old will complete a move to Bayern

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by PhysicsMathematics(m): 4:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]With Spain Under-21 star Thiago set to join up
By Greg Stobart
man.
Fabregas often struggled to break i
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by PhysicsMathematics(m): 4:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
biolabee:

its always october march
that march can be crucial in the ucl phase
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 4:57pm On Jul 15, 2013
Johnpaul88: My views stand, no matter what y' all say.

I agree with you that he is a tad cocky but na una hype am reach that stage in the first place! Blaming Thiago however doesn't make any sense as he is entitled to seek first team football wherever he pleases (debatable yes but its his right anyway) you need to realize Barcelona is not the alpha and omega of football! Players would leave your team and they will win titles
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 4:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Its not even 25m in cash.

Release clause is 18m, 2m is for tax which we paid for goodwill between the clubs being an international transfer, We could have done it the way we did with martinez, Give Thiago the money to buy out his own contract and Spanish to Spanish transaction would avoid the taxes.

The remaining 5 million would be proceeds from friendlies between barca and bayern over the next 4 yrs.

Nice doing business with y'all
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
logica: Lol. Which gift? The Greek Gift? He will surely cost you guys a few cheap conceded goals.

We have a defence and dont depend on Failed midfielders Like mascherano to play defence

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2013

Butt hurt much?

Dont hate the player hate the game. Illaramendi ko, Agunbiade ni
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I don't blame you for your views either. No offence, but na small pickin eye you dey take look am. You haven't followed football clubs long enough, frankly speaking. The golden era of Spain and Barca is all you know, and that's why you think anybody who turns down Barca can't be successful. That's where I'll leave it.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
AjanleKoko:

At Bayern? he'll not be successful. But at a club like United? He'll be very successful.
At Bayern, he'll meet exactly what he's trying avoid in Barca, then he'll be back to square one.

BTW, You have developed a penchant for reminding someone that he's not yet your level in understanding football esp of Barcelona, even when it's entirely unnecessary.
We can discuss these issues here fairly on their merits without having to recourse to those measures. They are most likely to create bad blood.

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (6252) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: bright007(f), Awesome01(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.