Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,902 members, 7,952,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 07:57 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4802452 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3222) (3223) (3224) (3225) (3226) (3227) (3228) ... (6310) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 5:15pm On Sep 04, 2018
A Madrid fan on Reddit.
"What makes me angry is how effortless that looks. It's literally world's simplest feint yet the way Messi does it he leaves defenders picking grass out of their shorts.
"By ridiculously stupid FIFA standards Messi has like a 2 star skill rating since he never does any fancy flicks he just body feints you out of your fucking boots.
"Every single touch he takes is the simplest touch at a perfect moment in the ideal direction. It's unreal.
"You watch him and it makes you feel like this defenders are being silly it's such a simple "trick" how they get caught on it and then you realise it's f****** Jerome Boateng doing grass angels on the pitch.
"No matter how World Class of a defender you are Leo Messi is not only going to make you chase shadows but he will also make you look like you randomly stumbled onto the pitch from the crowd and was told to put a jersey on.
"I f****** hate it so much but dammit do I respect it."

Another one.
"I'm really going to miss cursing at the screen when this guy retires. He scores goals he has no right to."

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2018
usbcable:

If only your fingers typed the same thing when Iniesta and/or Sneijder were denied same award back in 2010.
If only messi didn't miss the one on one against Alison in the Roma match. At least Ronnie did his duties well enough.

Keep up the campaign for Modric, we will still use it against you either ways.
Modric wins
Ronnie wins
Issa win win for us
you're getting it all mixed up again.

your eyes are obviously blind to all the grey areas.

neither iniesta nor sneider was voted player of the tournament.

the iniesta/sneider situation could be likened to the griezman/varane situation.
they weren't even shortlisted, were they?

and why are you bringing messi's miss to the argument?
did I complain about messi being excluded?
abi you don confuse?

finally stop deceiving yasef, and think you're deceiving us,

only a ronaldo win is a win for you and your thread!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
Barca fans shay. Apart from la liga what other competition did Messi perform in grin

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Netfilix: 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2018
Melvyn11:
Barca fans shay. Apart from la liga what other competition did Messi perform in grin

CDR grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2018
Melvyn11:
I have no problem with Messi not being in the shortlist. My real issue is with Salah being there.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 8:45pm On Sep 04, 2018
Melvyn11:

Messi Na local champion last season. even his fans scream "He was awesome in our DOMESTIC double last season" LOL while the likes of Modrić, Ronaldo and Salah were blasting teams away in the big boys competition

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:04pm On Sep 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Messi Na local champion last season. even his fans scream "He was awesome in our DOMESTIC double last season" LOL while the likes of Modrić, Ronaldo and Salah were blasting teams away in the big boys competition
Chai... nor be your fault sha...Na valverde cause this nonsense...Just wait this season, we go reply Europe like 4G network...First we will go back to our drawing board and improve
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
Melvyn11:
tell us how many competitions he participated in?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 9:45pm On Sep 04, 2018
philfearon:

You don't know what you are talking about bro.
No, you are the one that did not catch the drift. Though, it is confusing but that's the reality...look at the goals he scored with his right versus Sevilla in the Super copa final and against Chelsea last season and most recently, the one he scored with his left against Huesca.. The more you see, the less you know.

Ousmane Dembélé's shooting in the league and Champions League since 2015/16:

Left foot • 71 shots

Right foot• 78 shots

Left foot• 10 goals

Right foot• 16 goals

Left foot 14.1% conv.

Right foot• 16.8% conv. He knows his feet.

{Squwka}
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2018
Don't mind Jare....

Stats don't lie...

* Man of the match Awards last season

Ronaldo- 4 in 13 matches(30%)

Messi- 6 in 8 matches (70%)

But but Messi was the local champion last season.

Fact is, Ronaldo stopped being influential since the second leg Quarters (Safe for his dying minutes penalty) But the difference was that Benzema and Bale bailed the team out in the subsequent matches. Alas, this has been Messi's Achilles hill since his breakthrough, whenever he was contained or has a bad game, his team fails in consequence. No player in the world can be 100% fit throughout the season, they are footballers not machine. Messi's deputy in barca's attack in the name of Suarez had only one goal last season, this in itself is self explanatory, need I say more? Re-watch his matches against Chelsea last season in case you have generated a temporary amnesia.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 10:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
Neymar1095:

De Bruyne does that in his sleep........Sit down.

Never ever ever in your life put Messi and De bruyne in the same sentence again...We are not talking about Albinos here. There is no active player that can match Messi when it comes to Laying down defence splitting passes, in this area, Messi is better than De bruyne even if he is blind folded.

Oya goan masturbate on this Messi's pass.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fentuo/status/1036604267916865536/video/1

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2018
tesppidd:
This potato head is still in cyberspace!!

Yesterday it was Neymar versus Messi.
Today it is De Bryune versus Messi.

A wicked footballing community, defined by Messi's standards.

Within the same season,

1.When they talk about goals;
They compare Ronaldo to Messi.

2.When they talk about assists and chances created;
They compare De Bryune to Messi.

3.When they run off to dribbles;
They compare Neymar to Messi.

4.When they go to passes;
They compare Modric to Messi.

Only Messi

Trophies won by the team have accounted for a lot of individual awards.

But,

Only a fool of biblical proportions would argue with the fact that Messi has been the best footballer in the world since 2009.

Somebody said on twitter "Sometimes I wish Messi had some real competition. You know, somebody that can dribble like him, pass like him, score like him. It would be real interesting to see a rivalry."

Chellini on Messi "Cristiano Ronaldo is a player you mark by trying to prevent him from coming inside on his right foot, and for Messi, well, you just make the sign of the cross and pray."

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mathkid007: 5:15am On Sep 05, 2018
Melvyn11:
It's a pity how performing brilliantly in a 38-game league season where you play everyone is rated far below playing in Cup games like the UCL where you can be lucky to get easier teams and have your teammates to bail you out.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:19am On Sep 05, 2018
Upnepaa:

Somebody said on twitter "Sometimes I wish Messi had some real competition. You know, somebody that can dribble like him, pass like him, score like him. It would be real interesting to see a rivalry."

Chellini on Messi "Cristiano Ronaldo is a player you mark by trying to prevent him from coming inside on his right foot, and for Messi, well, you just make the sign of the cross and pray."
Na today?

I mean, I can relate to all of the trolling and the allegiances but anybody who really thinks in their heart that any other footballer on this planet is Messi's equal needs to have their brain transplanted.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 7:23am On Sep 05, 2018
i forgot Madrid instantly jumped straight into the semi final's. of the Champions league cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:24am On Sep 05, 2018
Mathkid007:
It's a pity how performing brilliantly in a 38-game league season where you play everyone is rated far below playing in Cup games like the UCL where you can be lucky to get easier teams and have your teammates to bail you out.
some minds are formatted like that.

ability to think outside the box is alien to them.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 7:31am On Sep 05, 2018
Mathkid007:
stop making noise. Champions league is the biggest Club competition in the world and the most important. Scoring 5 goals against girona is not the same as scoring against juventus or psg. Messi was trash in both the World Cup and ucl the 2 biggest competition of the year fact . Cry babies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neymar1095(m): 7:44am On Sep 05, 2018
Upnepaa:

Never ever ever in your life put Messi and De bruyne in the same sentence again...We are not talking about Albinos here. There is no active player that can match Messi when it comes to Laying down defence splitting passes, in this area, Messi is better than De bruyne even if he is blind folded.

Oya goan masturbate on this Messi's pass.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fentuo/status/1036604267916865536/video/1
I pray God dont punish for this rubbish you actually typed. Messi is not even a better passer than ozil talkless of My kdb. Man turned bas dost and Schürrle into World Class players for a Season lol.What passes does Messi actually make,,, up balls to the mumu Alba. If you had called xavi then i for shut up but Messi a better passer than my kdb Fuucck you a million times bro.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:35am On Sep 05, 2018
Neymar1095:

I pray God dont punish for this rubbish you actually typed. Messi is not even a better passer than ozil talkless of My kdb. Man turned bas dost and Schürrle into World Class players for a Season lol.What passes does Messi actually make,,, up balls to the mumu Alba. If you had called xavi then i for shut up but Messi a better passer than my kdb Fuucck you a million times bro.
are you actually comparing ozil's pass and Messi's, you must be high on Brazilian weed. The only better passer in the world right now than Messi is Modric, it's only just , don't be stupid, we suppose dey take IQ test to admit people to this thread

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:38am On Sep 05, 2018
Melvyn11:

stop making noise. Champions league is the biggest Club competition in the world and the most important. Scoring 5 goals against girona is not the same as scoring against juventus or psg. Messi was trash in both the World Cup and ucl the 2 biggest competition of the year fact . Cry babies
Mr man, we are not saying Messi should win it but saying he should have been in the top 3, you can't ignore that he was the best player last season across Europe golden boot and highest assists must definitely count for something, I do agree with you concerning UCL though, Good morning
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:48am On Sep 05, 2018
Melvyn11:

what about apoel nicosa and young boys?
is it all the time teams play juve and psg?

if you are barcelona it's possible to win the champions league playing against teams like basel, psv, apoel nicosa, man city and bayern in just 13 games.

you win la liga must play real madrid, athletico madrid, valencia, sevilla, bilbao, villarreal, soceidad, celta, over 38 games.

to win the epl must play man u, arsenal, liverpool, chelsea, tottenham, over 38 games.

can't underestimate the importance, the glamour and the prestprestige of the champions league but the domestic leagues are much more difficult to win.

NB
am not trying to compare but
what am only trying to put out to you is that you must not speak of the domestic leagues as if they were crap compared to the champions league.
winning la liga or the epl demands maximum respect.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 8:57am On Sep 05, 2018
usbcable:

If only your fingers typed the same thing when Iniesta and/or Sneijder were denied same award back in 2010.
If only messi didn't miss the one on one against Alison in the Roma match. At least Ronnie did his duties well enough.

Keep up the campaign for Modric, we will still use it against you either ways.
Modric wins
Ronnie wins
Issa win win for us
This Sneijder talk is very funny and you've pushed this agenda way too hard.

in 2010
Did Sneijder win the UEFA best player?...No Messi did

Did Sneijder win Inter milan's best player?..No Diego Milito did

Did Sneijder win Serie A's best player?..No Diego Milito did

Diego Milito also won the best foreign player in the league that season.

Was he also robbed in serie A too? Also Modric winning it dont mean pooo, it still won't surpass a single club producing the top 3 finalists for the balon d'or.. Levels to this shiit.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 9:00am On Sep 05, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

Mr man, we are not saying Messi should win it but saying he should have been in the top 3, you can't ignore that he was the best player last season across Europe golden boot and highest assists must definitely count for something, I do agree with you concerning UCL though, Good morning
Morning sir. The same argument for Messi can also be made for griezmann, de Bruyne, cavani, salah, dybala, mbappe even varane. In fact many people have a claim for the 3rd spot cus modric and Ronaldo where already guaranteed to be there.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:07am On Sep 05, 2018
Melvyn11:

Morning sir. The same argument for Messi can also be made for griezmann, de Bruyne, cavani, salah, dybala, mbappe even varane. In fact many people have a claim for the 3rd spot cus modric and Ronaldo where already guaranteed to be there.
you still don't get my point, all those names you mentioned, I do agree Messi is in that category but edges everyone based on his individual performance in the same category...That category you mentioned is just the category of number 3...so I believe it's messi
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 9:08am On Sep 05, 2018
tesppidd:
what about apoel nicosa and young boys?
is it all the time teams play juve and psg?

if you are barcelona it's possible to win the champions league playing against teams like basel, psv, apoel nicosa, man city and bayern in just 13 games.

you win la liga must play real madrid, athletico madrid, valencia, sevilla, bilbao, villarreal, soceidad, celta, over 38 games.

to win the epl must play man u, arsenal, liverpool, chelsea, tottenham, over 38 games.

can't underestimate the importance, the glamour and the prestprestige of the champions league but the domestic leagues are much more difficult to win.

NB
am not trying to compare but
what am only trying to put out to you is that you must not speak of the domestic leagues as if they were crap compared to the champions league.
winning la liga or the epl demands maximum respect.
The higher the competition the more relevance and exposure You get. I put it to you to That if Madrid had won a treble and barca went trophyless but Messi guarded Argentina to win the World Cup would you tell me Messi wont win the Balon dor. Why...because he won the biggest footballing competition.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 9:12am On Sep 05, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

you still don't get my point, all those names you mentioned, I do agree Messi is in that category but edges everyone based on his individual performance in the same category...That category you mentioned is just the category of number 3...so I believe it's messi
Salah also have a strong argument. Took Liverpool to the ucl final ,was brilliant in the league as well, Broke an epl scoring record. Performed both domestically and in Europe. varane won champions league and world cup,the two biggest football competition in the same yr. Varane has a better reason to be Angry than Messi in My opinion.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 9:21am On Sep 05, 2018
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neymar1095(m): 9:25am On Sep 05, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

are you actually comparing ozil's pass and Messi's, you must be high on Brazilian weed. The only better passer in the world right now than Messi is Modric, it's only just , don't be stupid, we suppose dey take IQ test to admit people to this thread
See who this one is even calling. Kroos is even a better passer than modric sit Your ass down.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 9:31am On Sep 05, 2018
So they are people in this world that watch football every week and still doubt messi is the best at it ? Smh
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khingTony(m): 9:44am On Sep 05, 2018
Neymar1095:

See who this one is even calling. Kroos is even a better passer than modric sit Your ass down.
when last did you see your doctor?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:54am On Sep 05, 2018
Melvyn11:

Salah also have a strong argument. Took Liverpool to the ucl final ,was brilliant in the league as well, Broke an epl scoring record. Performed both domestically and in Europe. varane won champions league and world cup,the two biggest football competition in the same yr. Varane has a better reason to be Angry than Messi in My opinion.
Salah doesn't deserve to be there anymore than Messi, Varane or Griezmann

(1) (2) (3) ... (3222) (3223) (3224) (3225) (3226) (3227) (3228) ... (6310) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ijustwantto(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.