Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,876 members, 7,872,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:46 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4686669 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3238) (3239) (3240) (3241) (3242) (3243) (3244) ... (6238) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 7:14am On Sep 25, 2018
jpmoriarti:
For modric's mind, he's now as good as Messi or Ronaldo! Iffa hia! grin grin grin I like the way none of them attended that shit of award ceremony. This year is the celebration of mediocrity. Thank God Messi took no part in that scam.

Messi voted Modrić for number one spot but a certain Jpiomarti who lives in a small country off the coast of west Africa thinks Messi is an idiot on a faceless forum. if you think Modrić winning makes the award a sham then you should blame Messi for contributing hugely to that

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:47am On Sep 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Messi voted Modrić for number one spot, so did Ronaldo but a certain Jpiomarti who lives in a small country off the coast of west Africa thinks Messi and Ronaldo are idiots on a faceless forum. if you think Modrić winning makes the award a sham then you should blame Ronaldo and Messi for making it so
You people should stop insulting your fellow Nigerians and people around you just because they insulted Ronaldo or Messi.

It makes no sense.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Messi voted Modrić for number one spot, so did Ronaldo but a certain Jpiomarti who lives in a small country off the coast of west Africa thinks Messi and Ronaldo are idiots on a faceless forum. if you think Modrić winning makes the award a sham then you should blame Ronaldo and Messi for making it so
Ogbeni calm down...stop taking things too far.
Besides Rinaldo didn't vote modric for number one spot. Good morning
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 25, 2018
tesppidd:
You people should stop insulting your fellow Nigerians and people around you just because they insulted Ronaldo or Messi.

It makes no sense.
Exactly...see the way he ignorantly assumed he was living in westafrica just to degrade JP.
Smh
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 7:54am On Sep 25, 2018
femiti:
Ogbeni calm down...stop taking things too far. Besides Rinaldo didn't vote modric for number one spot. Good morning
I had already edited before I got this mention
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 7:54am On Sep 25, 2018
femiti:
Ogbeni calm down...stop taking things too far. Besides Rinaldo didn't vote modric for number one spot. Good morning
I had already edited before I got this mention
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 7:57am On Sep 25, 2018
tesppidd:

It makes no sense.

I didn't insult "fellow Nigerians". that jibe format is popular on reddit. its only used to show how someone's opinion is overrated compared to professionals who play the sport.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LordAdamX: 8:01am On Sep 25, 2018
tesppidd:

It makes no sense.

If anybody is to make that statement, it shouldn't be you. Haba, fear God!

The funny thing is that apparently Barcelona offered Ronaldo more money and Ferguson wanted Ronaldo to go to Barcelona instead of RM; but Ronaldo insisted because he gave President Calderon his word. Source - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2748827-milan-manchester-barcelona-how-kaka-won-the-2007-ballon-dor-ahead-of-ronaldo

Early in 2007, Real Madrid began courting Ronaldo in earnest. They were knocking on an open door. In March 2007, Ronaldo made clear his feelings: "Everyone knows that I love Spain. I'd like to play there one day. However, I'm happy at Manchester United. If I don't leave now, if I leave in two, three, four or five years, I'd be happy." It was only a matter of time.

"Ronaldo's determination to come here [surprised me]," says Ramon Calderon, who was Real Madrid president when the Portuguese joined the club in 2009. "I remember we got an agreement with Ronaldo in Manchester. Finally in 2008, Ferguson, who doesn't like Real Madrid very much—I don't know why, but he has an obsession with Real Madrid—he said, 'OK. You're leaving, but you go to Barcelona.'

"And Ronaldo said 'No'. He said: 'You don't understand. I gave my word to President Calderon. I'm going to go to Real Madrid.' Of course Barcelona wasn't very happy about that. I'm not sure about the money, but I think they offered him a bit more. Ronaldo said, 'No. My idea is to go to Real Madrid.'

"He was clear. He was very determined. That has to be said in his favour—that he kept his word even though he could have said, 'OK. I'm going to Barcelona, where I'll get more money.' He didn't. It's something very good about his personality."

Maybe in an alternate universe Ronaldo and Messi fans aren't at each other's throat.

-Lord
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 8:10am On Sep 25, 2018
femiti:

Exactly...see the way he ignorantly assumed he was living in westafrica just to degrade JP.
Smh
even if he were living in fifth avenue, he still has less football knowledge compared to Messi. my reference to Nigeria made you miss the forest for trees

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 8:48am On Sep 25, 2018
Fraud awards this is....

Ronaldo and Messi not gracing the event was disrespectful and Arrogant....

How will it be if every other nominees have been boycotting the award since 2009
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 9:08am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

If anybody is to make that statement, it shouldn't be you. Haba, fear God!

The funny thing is that apparently Barcelona offered Ronaldo more money and Ferguson wanted Ronaldo to go to Barcelona instead of RM; but Ronaldo insisted because he gave President Calderon his word. Source - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2748827-milan-manchester-barcelona-how-kaka-won-the-2007-ballon-dor-ahead-of-ronaldo

Maybe in an alternate universe Ronaldo and Messi fans aren't at each other's throat.

-Lord
lol

One thing I never do as a Messi fan,

Insult a fellow nairalander or a anybody around me for the sole reason that they have insulted Messi or called him names (midget, etc),

Only an argument about the game can lead to an exchange of words maybe.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 9:23am On Sep 25, 2018
Upnepaa:
Fraud awards this is....

Ronaldo and Messi not gracing the event was disrespectful and Arrogant....

How will it be if every other nominees have been boycotting the award since 2009
I really hate it when the world always wants to lump Messi and Ronaldo together at every instance.

What's all the noise about Messi and Ronaldo boycotting the awards?

1.Ronaldo was shortlisted among the top 3.
2.Ronaldo knew it had to be him or his friend and team mate Modric.

Messi should be left out of this.

Messi was nominated for puskas,
But how many times do the nominated 10 puskas nominees attend these awards?

There are over 2000 professional footballers in europe, do they all attend these awards?

*Ronaldo was nominated but he snubbed.

*He knew his friend Modric would win but he snubbed.

People are always eager to lump them together, but

I think Messi needs to be left out of this.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ollah2: 10:03am On Sep 25, 2018
tesppidd:
I really hate it when the world always wants to lump Messi and Ronaldo together at every instance.

There are over 2000 professional footballers in europe, do they all attend these awards?

Exactly.

Ronaldo was nominated
Ronaldo was the defending champ
Ronaldo knew it's either him or Modric

He clearly didn't participate because he doesnt want to celebrate with Modric if he emerges as the winner but they have found a way to include Messi in this despite the hommie not being nominated or been a defending champ. Heck, he didn't even vote for Modric as number one candidate.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:06am On Sep 25, 2018
My fellow cules, show me love na, today is my birthday

17 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 10:34am On Sep 25, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:
happy birthday bro
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by obainojazz(m): 10:40am On Sep 25, 2018
So Ronaldo was third in Messi's vote tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:41am On Sep 25, 2018
obainojazz:
So Ronaldo was third in Messi's vote tongue
Ronaldo would never do same.

That's being the bigger man.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 10:41am On Sep 25, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:
Happy birthday, wish you a great day and Barcelona losing to Leganes
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:42am On Sep 25, 2018
Excallibur:
happy birthday bro
thanks bro I appreciate
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 10:43am On Sep 25, 2018
tesppidd:
lol

One thing I never do as a Messi fan,

Insult a fellow nairalander or a anybody around me for the sole reason that they have insulted Messi or called him names (midget, etc),

Only an argument about the game can lead to an exchange of words maybe.

Your not understanding something (nothing wrong in that) does not make it an insult
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:43am On Sep 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Happy birthday, wish you a great day and Barcelona losing to Leganes
i agree with the latter bro but the former... nah... We must tear leganes...Thanks for the birthday wish
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by obainojazz(m): 10:44am On Sep 25, 2018
tesppidd:
Ronaldo would never do same.

That's been a bigger man.
they've never voted for each other before, since Messi was not in the top three, he sure knows Ronaldo deserves it.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:56am On Sep 25, 2018
obainojazz:
they've never voted for each other before, since Messi was not in the top three, he sure knows Ronaldo deserves it.
What is your point na?

The fact he wasn't nominated was the more reason he could have played spoiler and denied ronaldo his vote.

but he didn't.

Ronaldo would not have voted Messi.

His attitude towards Modric for the second time running tells everything about him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 11:04am On Sep 25, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:
Congratulations.

May the best of your 2017/18 life season be the worst of your 2018/19 life season.

Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LordAdam16: 11:31am On Sep 25, 2018
tesppidd:

ollah2:

Exactly.

Ronaldo was nominated
Ronaldo was the defending champ
Ronaldo knew it's either him or Modric

He clearly didn't participate because he doesnt want to celebrate with Modric if he emerges as the winner but they have found a way to include Messi in this despite the hommie not being nominated or been a defending champ. Heck, he didn't even vote for Modric as number one candidate.

You guys are funny!

Last year when Messi and the entire Barca team didn't attend the FIFA awards even when Messi was nominated, I can't remember CR7 fans complaining. Even Dani Alves joked that you guys didn't come to support him in the midst of RM winners. Nobody made a fuss.

And by the way has Messi ever voted for CR7 as #1, when he was nominated? Ronaldo did what every other person in his shoes often do. He thought he deserved to win and Modric be the second and voted accordingly.

Your hypocrisy is just sad. Messi placed Mbappe as second with Cristiano as third, should we also read meaning into that?

This fake outrage you guys are doing is similar to what Serena did when Osaka won. It is irrelevant. Modric won, CR7 and Messi didn't make it, case closed.

If either of them gets to win it next year and every footballer wants to boycott, no problem; their tally wouldn't change. Everything na complain!

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 11:48am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdam16:

You guys are funny!

Last year when Messi and the entire Barca team didn't attend the FIFA awards even when Messi was nominated, I can't remember CR7 fans complaining. Even Dani Alves joked that you guys didn't come to support him in the midst of RM winners. Nobody made a fuss.

And by the way has Messi ever voted for CR7 as #1, when he was nominated? Ronaldo did what every other person in his shoes often do. He thought he deserved to win and Modric be the second and voted accordingly.

Your hypocrisy is just sad. Messi placed Mbappe as second with Cristiano as third, should we also read meaning into that?

This fake outrage you guys are doing is similar to what Serena did when Osaka won. It is irrelevant. Modric won, CR7 and Messi didn't make it, case closed.

If either of them gets to win it next year and every footballer wants to boycott, no problem; their tally wouldn't change. Everything na complain!

-Lord
it's understandable when your great rival wins and you refuse to attend.

but when your team mate and friend for 6 years wins and you snub the show,

it is pathetic to say the least.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ambs50: 11:51am On Sep 25, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

happy birthday bro...but Ernesto valverde must be sacked tomorrow
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 11:57am On Sep 25, 2018
LordAdam16:

You guys are funny!

-Lord
just like the time Messi was winning all the awards.

on the day his friend and team mate Iniesta beat him to the uefa best player award,

it was clear to all that Messi couldn't contain his excitement.

beaming with smiles and hugging Iniesta like they had an affair.

that's the problem I have with you guys.

condemn the man when he's fuccked up, not pamper him every time he misbehaves.

skipping the awards if he thought a guy like Messi was going to win it would be bad no qualms,
but skipping the awards knowing that Modric was going to win is disgusting, shameful and irritating.

snubbing the UEFA and the FIFA awards under any guise should be condemned by every sincere real madrid/football fan.

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2018
tesppidd:
Congratulations.

May the best of your 2017/18 life season be the worst of your 2018/19 life season.

Amen!
thanks bro I appreciate
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 12:07pm On Sep 25, 2018
I was lecturing someone here a few months ago that that ballon dor odds will take a smash as soon as Modric wins the FIFA and UEFA awards.

Now he's the overwhelming favourite for ballon dor.

The only thing that can help Ronaldo is if he's able to have for himself a suberp October and half November to stand a chance of retaining the award.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by HumbleBoy21: 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2018
tesppidd:
I was lecturing someone here a few months ago that that ballon dor odds will take a smash as soon as Modric wins the FIFA and UEFA awards.

Now he's the overwhelming favourite for ballon dor.

The only thing that can help Ronaldo is if he's able to have for himself a suberp October and half November to stand a chance of retaining the award.
when is the balon d'or award in question.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LordAdam16: 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2018
tesppidd:
just like the time Messi was winning all the awards.

on the day his friend and team mate Iniesta beat him to the uefa best player award,

it was clear to all that Messi couldn't contain his excitement.

beaming with smiles and hugging Iniesta like they had an affair.

that's the problem I have with you guys.

condemn the man when he's fuccked up, not pamper him every time he misbehaves.

skipping the awards if he thought a guy like Messi was going to win it would be bad no qualms,
but skipping the awards knowing that Modric was going to win is disgusting, shameful and irritating.

snubbing the UEFA and the FIFA awards under any guise should be condemned by every sincere real madrid/football fan.

In this anecdote you made, Messi and Iniesta were teammates. If CR7 and Modric were still teammates and the entire team contingent went without him, that's when your example would make sense.

CR7 and Modric may still be personal friends, but they are competitors now, so you can't use Messi's episode when he and Iniesta were still teammates to berate CR7 for not attending when Modric isn't his teammate anymore.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

PS: BTW, Modric's vote was Varane, Cristiano, Griezmann; while Ronaldo's vote was Varane, Modric, Griezmann. Since hypocrisy don turn some people national anthem.

-Lord

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3238) (3239) (3240) (3241) (3242) (3243) (3244) ... (6238) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.