Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3988) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4690048 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3985) (3986) (3987) (3988) (3989) (3990) (3991) ... (6238) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Swissh: 7:04pm On May 11, 2020
FirstbornWds:

I beg to differ a bit with other cules opinions.

Xavi is a brilliant player, no doubt. But saying he's a tier above Iniesta is kinda shocking and way too unfair. I'm not saying the guy is not good or trying to downplay his midfield prowess but man, Iniesta is just too underrated.

Ffks, Iniesta is a machine. Dude has the capacity to drop deep into defenses and cause troubles among defenders. Andre, with the ball at his feet, is a phenomenon right from the midfield to the opposition box.

Dude has the capacity to shoot long distances, dribble, score and throw passes ( He has the capacity to do the first three even better than Xavi). Xavi on his part can take control of a game better from the midfield. His output offensively is great but not as wonderful as Iniesta's.

IKON360, I agree with you as regarding Xavi's spectacular touches but man, Iniesta is not too be downplayed with the comparison of Silva and De Bruyne. They are different.

And yes, possession alone doesn't win a game for you. Creativity and ability to score goals does; which is why Andre got the MVP award in the Spanish WC triumph in 2010.

These are my opinions though.
The bold is a lie. Xavi was a better passer and iniesta was not a better goalscorer than Xavi. The only thing iniesta did better than Xavi was his dribbling ability. Iniesta's record as a goalscorer considering his ability and the times he's played as part of Barca and Spains front 3 is very poor. He averaged 0.08 goals per game for Barca and 0.1 for Spain.
Xavi was a better goalscorer for Barca. He averaged 0.11 goals per game, and he played deeper. He matched Iniesta's 0.1 goals for Spain, despite again playing deeper.
Regarding assists as well as creativity Xavi was also more prolific and better.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by peterd53(m): 7:09pm On May 11, 2020
Sommyroy10:
Is that what you want to use grin grin

Iniesta
He's the only footballer in history to be named Man of the Match in the World Cup, European Championship and Champions League final.

No! I’m only amazed

Xavi is ahead of Iniesta. You guys need to go back and watch our games during d pep reign. Xavi will exchange over 50 passes within minutes and with ease. He also drop into space nd gives killer pass at will. Messi model is passing game on Xavi.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 7:16pm On May 11, 2020
peterd53:

No! I’m only amazed

Xavi is ahead of Iniesta. You guys need to go back and watch our games during d pep reign. Xavi will exchange over 50 passes within minutes and with ease. He also drop into space nd gives killer pass at will. Messi model is passing game on Xavi.
I was just pointing out why the metric you used to rate Xavi higher means so little.
Who is Xavi exchanging the passes with and does Iniesta just stand one place during our games. Or is Iniesta pass always simple?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 7:17pm On May 11, 2020
Swissh:

The bold is a lie. Xavi was a better passer and iniesta was not a better goalscorer than Xavi. The only thing iniesta did better than Xavi was his dribbling ability. Iniesta's record as a goalscorer considering his ability and the times he's played as part of Barca and Spains front 3 is very poor. He averaged 0.08 goals per game for Barca and 0.1 for Spain.
Xavi was a better goalscorer for Barca. He averaged 0.11 goals per game, and he played deeper. He matched Iniesta's 0.1 goals for Spain, despite again playing deeper.
Regarding assists as well as creativity Xavi was also more prolific and better.

Okay. I think I might have been quite sentimental about the goal-scoring part. You won't blame me, Iniesta has scored more important goals for both Barcelona and Spain than the other, so I think my psyche focused mainly on that.

Apologies once again.

Back to the matter.

Well It’s quite difficult to actually answer the question, but I’ll try:

Statistically Iniesta(33) has won more trophies than Xavi(31). Making him the most decorated Spanish player. Xavi has scored more goals(58) for Barca than Iniesta(35). Iniesta has won Spain the World Cup and effortlessly won the Euro 2012 being the best player of the tournament, he was simple untouchable. Whereas Xavi has developed the team into a midfield oriented team and also was the best player of Euro 2008, he was the pivot midfielder Spain needed.

Now let’s analyse (the fun part of everthing):

Xavi : His main strength is his vision and passing. There are a few players who are able to pass like Xavi. He is arguably the best and definitely the most influential midfielder of his era. However, when say passing it is better to say GROUNDED PASSING, because you can go into history to pick players to who were actually better LOFTED PASSERS like: Scholes, Guti, Xabi Alonso, Pirlo etc in recent history. However what makes Xavi different from other great central midfielders is his powerful perfection while executing a pass. Opening the defense while staying in position is what makes Xavi different from other greats. But one thing that itched Xavi throughout his career is lack of dribbling ability and prowess with feet.
Iniesta : He is brilliant in every aspect of the game. There is no other more complete footballer than Andres Iniesta. He can attack, defend, create and score. Probably the most versatile and unique player of all-time and one of the best players of his era. Under Rijkaard he played as a false 9, attacking midfielder and winger. Iniesta is a player who can not only win leagues but also matches when it matters with his consistency and sheer prowess. However, it is very difficult to pick a flaw in Iniesta’s game but still to pick one it would be the requirement of assistance, i.e. an extra helping midfielder.
FINAL VERDICT :

BETTER POSITIONAL PLAYER : XAVI, able to dictate the midfield, elite passing ability, unparalleled vision and unchallenged short passing
BETTER OVERALL FOOTBALLER : INIESTA, able to do anything- literally ANYTHING, supreme passing ability, sharp vision and alien like dribbling

I would finish with saying that when you compare passing and vision Xavi is margin better than Iniesta, but not leagues ahead of Iniesta because Iniesta is one of the greatest passers himself. However, when it comes to pace, ball control and dribbling ability Iniesta takes the cake, because Xavi is no where as good as Iniesta when it comes to dribbling and Iniesta is leagues better than Xavi in dribbling and pace.

So it’s now up to you. Whom you want to chose. A player with elite passing and vision or a player who can do everything with distinction.

#Copied
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 12:52am On May 12, 2020
Sommyroy10:
Dear Cules, I know we don't like to be asked this question grin

But, if you were to pick one, just one, who would it be Xavi or Iniesta? (I'm not asking who is better, lol)
State your reasons.

Iniesta.

To each their own
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Jokerman(m): 3:44pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by peterd53(m): 5:27pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biomustry: 6:20pm On May 12, 2020
peterd53:

You no go rest?
E pain dem

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biomustry: 6:26pm On May 12, 2020
Jokerman:
https://www.nairaland.com/5852918/ronaldo-should-6-ballondors#5852918.9

Check out this thread
Either post it in a Juve or Madrid threads, cos we don't know what to make of it here. All we know here and the rest of the world is this

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 7:00am On May 13, 2020
Where are my favorite cules grin. Greetings from Modric

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:53am On May 13, 2020
Melvyn11:

Greetings punk

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:58am On May 13, 2020
Melvyn11:

Opor

A table can’t contain it, so we had to build a shelf

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 9:02am On May 13, 2020
haymekus:

Greetings punk
Goat cheesy. These are from small Modric I don't need to bring the kingpin. What happened to Xavi, Iniesta and busquet grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 9:37am On May 13, 2020
Melvyn11:

Iniesta says Hi

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 9:39am On May 13, 2020
Melvyn11:

Goat cheesy. These are from small Modric I don't need to bring the kingpin. What happened to Xavi, Iniesta and busquet grin

Please bring on the Kingpin. We've got a god to chop it down.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 9:47am On May 13, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Please bring on the Kingpin. We've got a god to chop it down.
Bring Xavi+iniesta+ busquet to chop down king Luka.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 9:48am On May 13, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Iniesta says Hi
What is an Iniesta?

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:02am On May 13, 2020
grin

Some people will wail all day and all night that Ronaldo should have 6 Ballon dors because Modric stole his ballon dor.

They then turn around to troll Iniesta with the same Modric's golden ball (that he 'stole'!)

My people what do we call this sort of attitude?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kholiwe(f): 10:05am On May 13, 2020
haymekus:

Greetings punk
So Messi is the only player at your club?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kholiwe(f): 10:06am On May 13, 2020
Melvyn11:

Modric is better than all of them combined.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:35am On May 13, 2020
Melvyn11:

What is an Iniesta?

A world cup winner.
An European cup winner
The most valuable player in the above two competitions ( without bias)
Would be a Ballon D'or winner if not for a godlike teammate that surpassed him.

But we've got Johan Cryuff, Luiz Suarez and Ronaldinho to supplement for the midfield Ballon D'or.

Do we have anyone else in Madrid that has owns six balloon d'or?

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:36am On May 13, 2020
ddippset:
grin

Some people will wail all day and all night that Ronaldo should have 6 Ballon dors because Modric stole his ballon dor.

Then turn around to troll Iniesta with the same Modric's golden ball.

My people what do we call this sort of attitude?

Inferiority complex.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:38am On May 13, 2020
Kholiwe:

Lol. Modric doesn't match up to Busi. He's only fortunate to be in a team that there's no messi to cart away with every worthy individual trophy.

Comparing him to Iniesta and Xavi would be an insult of the highest order.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 10:41am On May 13, 2020
FirstbornWds:

A world cup winner.
An European cup winner
The most valuable player in the above two competitions ( without bias)
Would be a Ballon D'or winner if not for a godlike teammate that surpassed him.

But we've got Johan Cryuff, Luiz Suarez and Ronaldinho to supplement for the midfield Ballon D'or.

Do we have anyone else in Madrid that has owns six balloon d'or?
Bwhahahahah rubbish. Show iniesta balon dor,FIFA best player award or sit down . I didn't ask for Shalayes and team trophies.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 10:42am On May 13, 2020
Kholiwe:

Hehehehe true. Modric shits on all Barca midfielders in their entire history.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:50am On May 13, 2020
Melvyn11:

Johan cryuff, Ronnie, and Suarez says hi

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:51am On May 13, 2020
Melvyn11:

Ini says hi

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 10:52am On May 13, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Johan cryuff, Ronnie, and Suarez says hi
Another shalayes. We have already dealt with those ones.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 10:54am On May 13, 2020
haymekus:

Ini says hi
What is an ini ?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:55am On May 13, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Iniesta says Hi

You forgot

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:56am On May 13, 2020
Melvyn11:

Another shalayes. We have already dealt with those ones.

Lol. Just deal with your wounds. Barcelona have got more individual trophy winners than any other team in the world.

Beat that.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 10:58am On May 13, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Lol. Just deal with your wounds. Barcelona have got more individual trophy winners than any other team in the world.

Beat that.
Guy I don't need shalayes. Modric has disgraced all your clubs midfielders. Show xavi + iniesta balon dor or sit down.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3985) (3986) (3987) (3988) (3989) (3990) (3991) ... (6238) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.